Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Halo 1/2 ❯ Lieutenant Ranma Saotome ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything related to Halo or Ranma ½.

Halo ½

Chapter 2: Lieutenant Ranma Saotome

Written by: Final Knightmare



Cario Station: Spartan's Quarters

The Master Chief returned to his bunk area as Will, Fred, Kelly and Linda sat down near him.

"What do you think this is about sir?" Fred asked. The Chief sighed, another complication that would hinder his team. He had only escaped Halo and met up with his fellow Spartans a few days ago and already things were not looking good. They knew that the Covenant knew the location of Earth, and they had only a limited amount of time before the Covenant arrived in force to destroy Earth. He considered the facts, ONI knew what they were capable of and did not need spies to find out more, it was unlikely that they would be paranoid of a plot the Spartans were part of or anything of that nature. The next clue was the CSV only two years in the military. Only one month in the Marines be for something happened and he gets taken from the core and returns later as an officer. His conclusion? Something happened to the young private, and ONI saw it fit to perhaps test some new project, much like them. Perhaps they thought up a new way to make super soldiers without the life time of training they needed. The Chief turned to his team mates.

"Judging by what we know already I can only assume that the Lieutenant might not be here to investigate us, most likely he might be a new experiment that ONI has started to create a new super soldier. If that is the case he might be here to closely compare us with him."

"He looked only around twenty years old," Kelly said. "From Private to Lieutenant in a month, what ever the incident that led to his commission was, it must have been something big for such a promotion, not to mention the complete mystery that his CSV is."

"I just don’t like the fact he is an officer," Will said. "Him being one means we have to follow his orders, and with the Covenant on our door step I don’t like the idea of following an inexperienced Officers orders in what can be the most important fight we may ever be in, that and the fact that as long as he is with us were on babysitting duty." John nodded not liking this one tiny bit. There was unease among the team, but they were brought out of it as Fleet Admiral Hood stepped out of the elevator. John stood quickly

"Officer on the deck!" John barked to his team who were immediately in a line at attention.

"At ease Spartans." They relaxed their stance but none were truly relaxed, tings were happening much to quickly for them to not be worried. Admiral Hood walked to the front of the Spartans as he began. "As you know a young Lieutenant will soon join your squad. However I was recently contacted with more information regarding this unusual appointment. It turns out that what I my self assumed the Lieutenant to be was wrong." The Spartans stiffened if just enough for it to be noticeable to each other. "It appears that he is here to evaluate your hand to hand combat skills, and instruct you on new combat techniques." Not really what they were expecting the Spartans were a little bit confused. The Master Chief spoke up,

"Sir with all due respect our hand to hand combat skills are second to none, and while they may be very useful during combat, we kill more Covenant with weapons that with our bare hands." Admiral Hood Nodded.

"Yes Chief I know but it's not up to me, and what ever he is here to teach you may not be simple moves, Section Three is to smart to do something so frivolous as that, whatever that man is here to teach you must be something quite secret, but like I said there are two many things happing in the background when ONI is concerned. They always have ulterior motives, so it's best to let things play out for now."

"And what of the Covenant Sir," Linda asked just as worried about that as Will and the rest of them. "We may have to go into battle and with our high risk missions, a non Spartan would only hinder our effectiveness."

"Well it just so happens that I asked that my self, but I was only told for you to ask that to Lieutenant Saotome yourself. In any case you and your will team will just hav..." Hood stopped mid sentence and he blinked a few times as a message scrolled across his vision via the neural lace that all had.

"Well well it looks like Lieutenant Saotome just arrived at dock bay six, Chief get your men down there to great him, then send him up to the control room is that understood." The Spartans snapped to attention.

"Sir Yes Sir!"

"Dismissed." With that he turned to leave and the Spartans quickly changed to dress uniforms, oblivious to what was to come. Or at least until Cortana appeared over the holo panel. The Spartans turned to see if she had found out anything.

"Chief you wouldn’t believe what I just found."

********************************************************** ****************************************************


Cario Station: Six


Ranma stepped off the Pelican as it touched down looking around he could see the well coordinated Chaos that was all around. New supplies and upgrades arriving hourly, as they prepared for what everyone, in the military anyway knew was coming. Crates going and coming, soldiers practicing drills off in the corner where they reviewed what to do incase enemy forces landed troops. He made his way to the Control room, or at least he tried to. To be honest everything looked grey to him, nothing like the green forests and nature that he was used to seeing, like in or But that part of his life was behind him now, humanity was on the brink of extinction and its very survival was dependant on him. Ranma turned to look out a port window, now away from Nerima and hundreds of year in the future he knew that he was truly free now, He sighed things were so different now. Ranma started out of the dock bay and down a hall way, then he turned a corner and came face to face with Commander Miranda Keyes.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

AN: Short I know but I don’t have too much of the story planed out, and with home work, finals, and projects due for school, I don’t have too much time. I'll try getting more done more quickly maybe on Thursday,or Sunday, after that the local library near my home will close so my internet access will be limited, and updates may only happen once a week if at all. Remember Reviews energize and inspire me so if you want more please review!

New AN: Alright Chapter 3 is in the works and the story is now more clear to me. Chapter 3 is due sometime next week hopefully before Wednesday. If you noticed on my chapter summary that I changed ‘meets an old friend to ‘meets another officer’ things did not work out so Ranma does not know Commander Keys before this story. Check my profile for the latest news on my progress.