Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ I'm the Mother and the Father? ❯ Secrets Revealed, Secrets Shared ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'm the Father and the Mother?
A Ranma Fanfic by Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma and friends are owned by Rumiko Takahashi along with her publishers and Viz Video. I make no money off this so please don't sue me.
 
Recap of Chapter 10
Kasumi and Akane were caught peeping at Ranma and Nabiki having sex in the dojo. Ranma got mad enough to summon an Akane style mallet but dropped it before using it. At school Ranma told Kuno to call her by her real name. Kuno may have got the message about the name even though he still thinks girl and boy Ranma are two different people.
 
 
Chapter 11
Secrets Revealed, Secrets Shared
 
 
When they got to homeroom several people gathered around the red haired girl to ask questions. The gist of most of the questions boiled down to, “Are you really stuck as a girl?” “What happened?” “How did you get stuck?” “Do you want to go on a date?” “Why are you dressed like that?”
 
“Yes, I'm really stuck.” “I don't want to talk about how I got stuck. “I don't want to go on any dates.” “This is a school uniform, I'm supposed to wear it.”
 
To that last one response was, “Yeah, it's the uniform for girls. You're a guy!”
 
“Not right now I'm not and I won't be for several months.”
 
The teacher called the class to order. He began, “I have an announcement. You will have noticed that Saotome Ranma is attending as a girl today. She has presented documentary evidence to the school administration that she is currently unable to return to her birth gender and will be attending as a girl for the rest of this school year. She has requested that her privacy on issues related to this be respected and the teachers will give her that privacy. Is that clear?”
 
There was a chorus of , “Hai, Sensei.”
 
The teacher fixed the class with a glare. “If she wants you to know about this, she'll tell you. Don't badger her with questions she doesn't want to answer.”
 
Part of the class boggled at the thought that the teacher was referring to Ranma as “she” and “her” and getting no protest from the redhead. Normally Ranma would be insisting on correcting anyone who used those pronouns about him… her?
 
Elsewhere computer hacker Kitsune dialed the phone number of the police in Nerima. From time to time she did data searches and other work for the police and they paid her a reasonable if not overly generous amount for her work.
 
The call eventually was transferred where she needed it. A tenor man's voice said, “This is lieutenant Morisato, How may I help you?”
 
“Lieutenant, this is Kitsune.”

“Ah, Miss Foxy. It is a pleasure to hear from you. It is unusual for you to call when not working on an active case. To what do I owe this pleasure?”
 
“I am doing a data search for a friend who's a doctor. I'm trying find out info on one of her patients. At my present stage of progress I'm pretty much spinning my wheels.”
 
“Who is this person you are trying to learn about?”
 
“It's a girl named Saotome Ranma. My doctor friend thinks she may have been raped and is afraid to come forward to report it.”
 
From the other end of the line she heard the sound of hearty laughter. “Saotome Ranma, raped?” There was more laughter. Finally the detective said, “I know who you are talking about. I would truly feel sorry for any man who would attempt what your doctor friend suspects. The… woman Saotome is a strong martial artist, one of the strongest.”
 
“But what if she was attacked by her brother. My research indicates that he is also a high level martial artist.”
 
“Her… brother?”
 
“Yes, a tall, well-built young man with black hair who wears it in a pigtail. From what I can tell he has the same name as his twin sister.”
 
Again she heard the sound of laughter from the policeman. Finally he said, “I see there is much that you do not understand, Miss Foxy. Possibly it is that something you have already learned seems unbelievable. Someone in your line of work must be well grounded in the reality of the modern world.”
 
He paused. “It would be a good idea for you to broaden your outlook. I suggest you search for all you can find about a place called Jusenkyo. It is in China. I think you will find it most… enlightening.”
 
“What? That's all you're gonna tell me?”
 
“I doubt you will value the information if you obtain it too easily. Surely for one of your considerable skills this will not be too great a challenge.”
 
After thanking the policeman and hanging up the hacker thought to herself that Morisato had watched too many old movies and fancied himself an old martial arts master. She set to work.
 
At lunch Ranma sat with Nabiki. This in itself was enough to elicit comments from the other students. In the past Ranma would have sat with Akane. It seemed that there was more going on than just Ranma's curse being locked. During the morning another issue had been dodged because Ranma had been allowed to use the teacher's restroom instead of having to decide on boys or girls. It had been decided that if the girls in the gym class allowed Ranma to use the showers there, Ranma would also start using the girls' restroom as well. Until was decided, the issue was again sidestepped.
 
Ranma wasn't able to speak much with Nabiki as she was busy with some of her `assistants'. These were the helpers who helped her maintain her “empire.” Nabiki had hinted to Ranma that she might soon be cutting back her activities with all of the blackmail, selling photos, gambling and the like. With the contribution from Happosai, the need for such activity was reduced, but not wholly eliminated.
 
Ranma's study hall (the time designated as PE) was her first class after lunch. When she got there were about ten other students there and a teacher there to monitor the group rather than teach a subject. Ranma reflected that about the only thing that made study hall seem different from detention was the time.
 
Elsewhere Kitsune was entering a Chinese herbalists shop. Her search on the name of Jusenkyo had revealed many unbelievable things, but it had also yielded a link to a Jysenkyo products company. She looked at this and found a list of dealers of the products, some of them in Tokyo. The herbalist shop she was now entering was the closest.
 
She went up to the proprietor and asked, “Do you sell Jusenkyo products?”
 
“Ah, yes we have. Not many people know about these products. Was there anything specific you were looking for?”

“Do you have instant Nannichuan powder?”
 
“Yes, sometimes popular to use at parties. Can turn a woman into man temporarily. I only have two packets left.”
 
Kitsune agreed to buy the packets but did haggle a bit over the price. She thought that the final price was outrageous but for what it claimed to do, probably wasn't too high at that.
 
The shopkeeper asked, “Can you read Chinese?”
 
“Only a little.”
 
“OK, I help. You may mix power with no less than four liters of cold water and best if no more than bathtub full. You can put half into a bottle to save for later. Step into tub and dunk self or pour water over your head to change. Change will last for a day or until you get splashed with hot water then you change back. Any questions?”
 
Kitsune had no questions. It seemed simple enough. She paid and took the packets home with her.
 
About half way through the study period a girl came to the study hall and looked for Ranma. She was a girl Ranma had seen before. The girl asked, “Please come with me.”
 
“What do you want me for?”
 
“Fifth period gym class has chosen me to represent them. You say you are stuck as a girl and can't change into a boy. The girls in class don't trust you to tell the truth about this so they ask that you demonstrate it.”
 
Ranma followed the girl to the locker room. The class was currently outside playing soccer, so the shower room was deserted. Also at the shower room was one other student from the class and a teaching assistant.
 
Ranma told the others, “I came prepared.” She doffed her uniform and revealed that she was already wearing her bathing suit. This was her favorite one-piece suit. It was yellow on the sides with a broad white stripe up the front and back and the word “BOY” on the front.
 
The teaching assistant turned on one of the showers and adjusted the stream until it was steamy hot. She tested the water by putting her hand under the stream and pronounced, “Hot, but not enough to hurt. Will this be satisfactory?”
 
Ranma said, “Yes. The water doesn't usually have to be this hot to trigger the change.” She stepped under the shower and let it soak her thoroughly. She still tried to keep her hair dry but was unable to accomplish this.
 
After staying under the hot spray for about three minutes she got out and looked at the girls. They stared. Ranma cupped one of her breasts in her hand and bounced it up and down, saying, “See, still a girl. Do you need more proof than this?”
 
The teaching assistant went into a huddle with the two students. After a whispered conversation they turned back to Ranma. The TA said, “This is enough proof. We will inform the rest of the class. We would like to let everybody think about it overnight. The vote will take place at the start of class tomorrow. If the vote is in your favor you would be allowed to participate in class the day after tomorrow.”
 
Ranma nodded, “I can agree to that. Uh, can I have a towel, please?”
 
Although not happy to be putting herself on display, Ranma got out of her bathing suit with the other girls watching. She figured she would be just as exposed to the girls in the shower room. She just wanted to let the others see that she had all the right girl parts and nothing that shouldn't be on a girl. This seemed to satisfy the observers even more.
 
After Ranma had got back into her undergarments and uniform she left just as the rest of the class was coming in from their game. Most looked at her with curiosity, but one girl had an expression of open hostility. That one will probably vote no, she thought. Better remember that face. If they did let Ranma join the class the hostile one might be a problem later.
 
At this point Ranma wasn't sure if she should be hoping the girls of the class would accept her or that they wouldn't. If they didn't, Ranma wouldn't have to deal with the problem at all.
 
For the remaining classes Ranma tried to honor her promise to Nabiki. After getting into the habit of sleeping through many classes it was a real struggle to stay awake now. History was especially hard with all of its talk of old events and people she didn't care about. Hmm, if she was going to succeed with this she'd just have to make herself care.
 
Elsewhere Kitsune returned to her apartment with her newly purchased instant Nannichuan powder. While she didn't realize it, what she did was very similar to what Ranma and Nabiki had done with the powder that Mousse had given them. The main difference in Kitsune's case was the level of precaution. She didn't really believe the water would do anything, but she still managed to avoid accidents more by luck than design. When finished she stripped off all her clothing and stepped into her shower stall and poured the contents of one of her bottles over her head so it would drip down her body.
 
As the water dripped down, Kitsune felt an odd tingling all over and other feelings she couldn't describe. He looked down then placed his hands on his chest. Kitsune's breasts hadn't been large but they were well shaped and her girlfriends had said were very attractive. Now there was a skinny man's chest. He looked farther down and found what he had intellectually expected but wasn't quite emotionally ready to see. It was only with an effort that the computer hacker could prevent himself from screaming.
 
The young man stepped out of the shower stall and went to the bathroom mirror to look at himself. He looked at his face and gently felt it with his fingers. He noticed that he was taller now than as a woman. His face looked like it belonged to a brother. Finally he softly said, “It really works. This is magic.”
 
Kitsune began to think hard. The truth about Saotome Ranma had been in front of him all along, he had just been unwilling to believe it. The boy Ranma and the girl were not brother and sister, not twins, they were the same person. But wait… how could a sibling have gotten Saotome pregnant if the records showed no siblings other than the male and female sides of the one person? The idea that the male side might have been the father of the girl's baby seemed ridiculous. Still, with magic in play how could he say for sure what was possible or impossible? Better let the doc figure that one out.
 
The hacker went back to the shower stall and turned on the hot water. She had to jump back with a shout of “Ow.” In her ignorance she had turned on the hot water unmixed with any cold and it was almost scalding in its heat. She looked down and was relieved to see that everything was back the way she remembered it.
 
OK. Can't just tell the doc about this, she'd never believe it without a demonstration. She looked at the second bottle of magic water and thought, better show her. Do I even know where she lives? It wouldn't be that hard to find out. She went to her computer.
 
On the way home from school Nabiki joined Akane and Ranma. She asked, “Did you manage to stay awake in class today?”
 
“It was hard but, yeah. History was the worst. It's funny because in science the teacher said something that was really interesting and I stayed awake there because I wanted to hear more.”
 
Nabiki smiled. “I knew you were smarter than you pretend. You see what you've been missing by sleeping through so many classes?”
 
Ranma reluctantly conceded, “I guess so. It's still hard because sleeping in class has kind of gotten to be a habit.”
 
Nabiki placed a hand on her fiancé's shoulder. “Please just try. I think you'll surprise yourself.”
 
Ranma nodded.
 
“Did you hear anything about PE class?”
 
Ranma nodded, “Yeah. While most of the class was outside they had me down in the locker room so I could demonstrate that I don't change now. I guess they want everyone to sleep on it because they're going to do the actual voting until tomorrow. If they agree to it, I'd be in class by Wednesday.”
 
“That sounds good.”
 
Ranma sounded doubtful. “As I was leaving the locker room the rest of the class was coming in. One of the girls looked at me like she really hated me. She looked familiar like I'd seen her before but I couldn't remember her name or what I might have done to get her so mad at me.”
 
“Would you rather stay out of PE?”
 
“I don't know. Gym has always been my favorite class, but with all the other stuff I've got to deal with now, maybe it would be better to stay out of it.”
 
Nabiki considered. “If you need it, you still have the note from Dr. Tofu.”
 
For the rest of the walk home the fiancés chatted. Akane felt left out of the conversation.
 
When they got home they found Kasumi rushing around the kitchen. When asked she explained, “I have a date with Dr. Tofu… I mean Ono tonight. Since I won't be here to prepare a hot meal, I'm leaving you all you'll need to make sandwiches.”
 
Akane offered, “I could make something hot.”
 
Ranma and Nabiki exchanged a look. “No, that's OK, Akane. Since Kasumi is already doing the work to get the sandwich ingredients ready it would be rude to let that go to waste. You don't need to do anything.”
 
The fiancés waited fearfully. Akane said, “Well, if you're sure. I guess I don't mind sandwiches.” Ranma and Nabiki both let out a sigh of relief.
 
At his apartment attached to the clinic, Dr. Tofu looked at himself in the mirror. It was still early, but he wanted to be sure he was ready on time. He had not been expecting Kasumi to call him to ask for a date. Indeed there had seemed to be a certain urgency in Kasumi's voice when she had asked if he was doing anything that evening.
 
After so much time when he couldn't even stay rational around the eldest Tendo daughter, he wanted to make sure this evening went perfectly. He would be the perfect gentleman, he would speak politely, he would (blush) hold her hand. He would talk to her about her life and interests. Yes, that's how he would do things.
 
He was interrupted from his musings by the sound of the doorbell. He hoped it wasn't a medical emergency. That would likely kill any date.
 
He was surprised to find the person at his door was a petite woman with graying brown hair. She wore glasses. “Dr. Hinagami what brings you here?”
 
“Sorry to bother you in your home, but I needed to speak to you about the case of Saotome Ranma.” She looked somewhat owlishly at Tofu and noticed how he was dressed. “You look like you are getting ready to go out somewhere. Perhaps I have come at a bad time.”
 
“No Michiko, It's alright. I have a date tonight but I don't need to leave for another hour. I was just getting ready early. I thought you were going to leave that case to me and the patient.”
 
“Yes, I did say that. Since you only have an hour, I'll have to keep this brief. I couldn't help myself. Your very evasiveness to speak about her home situation aroused my curiosity. I haven't notified any authorities about this but I did contact a friend. She's a computer information specialist. I believe the popular term for what she does is `hacker.'”
 
Tofu frowned. “You had your friend look for information on Ranma and… her family? What did she find?”
 
“Aha! Your hesitation to pick a gender for a personal pronoun says much. My friend found what she thought was contradictory information. It seemed that there were two Saotome Ranmas, one male and one female but at the same time there were hints of something odd in the relationship between the apparent siblings.”
 
She paused before continuing. “Some of the information suggested that the two Ranmas were twins while some suggested that through some kind of magic they were one person who could change from boy to girl and back again. That was so plainly impossible that both my friend and I ignored that possibility.”
 
“My friend, Kitsune, was getting frustrated. She kept gathering facts but nothing she found was resolving the seemingly impossible issue of two siblings with the same name. She called a man she sometimes works with in the Nerima police.”
 
Tofu commented, “I wish she hadn't done that.”
 
“You needn't worry. Nothing bad happened because of it. The police detective had heard of Saotome and knew something of the child's situation. When Kitsune mentioned the girl Ranma's brother, the policeman was quite amused. He told Kitsune to search for information on a place called Jusenkyo.”
 
Tofu began paying even closer attention.
 
“From your reaction, I see you've heard of it. Her search found information on a valley in China that seemed impossible. It also led her to a Jusenkyo Products Company. It seems there is a Chinese herbalist's shop in her neighborhood that sells those products. She bought two packets of what is called `instant Nannichuan.'”
 
“The young woman came to my apartment babbling about not believing it and that the truth had been there in front of her the whole time. She proceeded to go into my bathroom and, standing in my bathtub, emptied a two liter bottle of what looked like plain water over her head. You can imagine my amazement when I saw a slender, attractive 25 year old woman transform into a taller, skinny young man”
 
Tofu nodded.
 
“There is only one Saotome Ranma, isn't there?”
 
“Yes, Michiko. The boy and girl are two sides of the same person. It is a complete physical change.”
 
“Which was the child to begin with, boy or girl?”
 
“Ranma was born male. From the age of six his father had taken him on a martial arts training trip. It was over a year ago when Ranma and his father got to Jusenkyo, believing it to be a training ground. Ranma's father fell into the spring of drowned panda, while Ranma fell into the spring of drowned girl. From that time on a splash of cold water will turn Ranma into a girl and hot water will change him back.”
 
The women's medical specialist said, “I thought it would be something like that.”
 
Tofu felt he should tell the other doctor, “There is something you should understand. While Ranma was being raised, his father taught him almost nothing about sex. He knew only things he picked up from conversations with other children at school and health classes and few of those. The two of them traveled so much that Ranma has had little formal schooling. I have no reason to doubt when Ranma told me she has never had sexual intercourse as either a male or a female (at least up until becoming pregnant.)”
 
Dr. Hinagami sighed. “I am sure that magic must have rules under which it operates. Since I don't know what the rules are I can't say what is possible and what is not. Even so, logic seems to say that if the male and female forms are the same person then it seems unlikely they could have intercourse.”
 
Dr. Tofu shook his head. “I know of two ways a woman can become pregnant without intercourse. One is something that any woman can do, while the other is unique to victims of either a man with the curse of drowned girl or a woman with the curse of drowned man.”
 
“I think I see what you're getting at for the first part of that. If the girl form was artificially inseminated with a sperm donation from the male form that would result in a pregnancy. I take it you're not saying that this is what happened in this case.”
 
“No, she wasn't artificially inseminated. That would have required a deliberate choice and some effort and trouble to accomplish. This was something that could only have happened to a person with a gender changing curse. In the transformation from male to female the external male organs don't disappear, they are drawn inside and change into female organs.”
 
Dr. Hinagami sat up straighter. “I think I see what you are implying. I'm going to let you say it, though.”
 
“It is a matter of precise timing and unlikely to happen by accident. If the male form is aroused and on the point of ejaculation when the change happens, the sperm there waiting to be ejaculated don't transform.”
 
The women's specialist finished, “The sperm are drawn inside with the male organs and end up in the transformed girl's uterus where they could fertilize an egg if there was one ready. That seems like pretty long odds.”
 
“Currently living in Tokyo there is a member of a tribe whose village is only a short distance from the valley with the springs. They know something of the history of the springs and the elder told Ranma that in 1500 years since the girl drowned in the spring, there has only been one other case of self impregnation that they ever heard of.”
 
Dr. Hinagami bowed her head and after taking off her glasses, covered her eyes with one hand. When she looked up there were tears in her eyes. “That poor, poor child. A normal girl that age getting pregnant has so many things to worry about - will her boyfriend still love her when he finds out, how will she be able to care for and support a child, how will her parents react, how badly will giving birth hurt. To add to that Ranma didn't have any reason to suspect she could get pregnant… Now I understand the fear I saw in her eyes.”
 
“There is an additional factor that complicates things further.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“She must give birth for the curse to unlock and regain the ability to change into a boy again. If the pregnancy is artificially terminated or if she miscarries, she will remain female either until she does give birth to another baby or until she dies.”
 
Dr. Hinagami considered that. “While I could think of worse fates than being a woman for the rest of her life, I'm sure she doesn't share that opinion.”
 
“You don't know Ranma. If that were to be her fate, she'd adapt to it. She is incredibly resilient. Ranma has adapted to living with a seemingly impossible situation. I think she is handling this most recently upheaval in her life very well. She's a survivor.”
 
Wiping the tears from her eyes, Dr. Hinagami stood up and put her glasses back on. “We'll have to talk more about this later. I'd better let you get to your date. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.”
 
After the women's specialist left Tofu looked at the clock. It was still a few minutes early, but no very much so. He decided to head out.
 
Later that evening Akane was headed back to her room. She had been trying to get a head start on homework by reading in some of her textbooks. She had gone for one last visit to the toilet before going to bed. Kasumi wasn't back from her date yet.
 
Akane noticed a light under the door of Nabiki's room. Nabiki had said she was going to help Ranma with her studies. It was at that moment that the sound of giggles could be heard. Akane stood and listened at Nabiki's door for a moment before turning toward her own room. They're at it again, both as girls this time to judge by the voices. Don't they ever get tired of it?
 
Akane sighed. Ranma and Nabiki sounded so happy together. The youngest Tendo daughter couldn't help wonder again how things between Ranma and herself might have worked out if her own head hadn't been so messed up.
 
She heard a noise from downstairs and went to investigate. She was in time to hear Kasumi saying good night to Dr. Tofu. After the door closed Kasumi moved to sit in the living without turning on a light.
 
Moved by curiosity, Akane finally came the rest of the way down the stairs and turned on a light in the living room, saying, “Why are you sitting alone in the dark?”
 
Her eldest sister had tears streaming down her face. “Akane, is there something wrong me?”
 
Akane sat next to her sister and began gently rubbing her back in an effort to comfort her. “What do you mean, Kasumi?”
 
“He was the perfect gentleman. We went to dinner and saw a movie. When we got back he kissed me on the cheek. After watching boy Nabiki and Ranma I had hoped…” she trailed off.
 
Akane soothed, “It's alright. Like you said, Dr. Tofu is a gentleman. He wouldn't want to try anything sexual with you before he thought you were ready. Maybe he didn't feel ready yet.”
 
“He's had years to get ready. Aren't I pretty enough? Aren't I sexy enough?”
 
Akane found herself enfolded in an embrace as Kasumi cried on her shoulder. She continued rubbing her older sister's back and tried to say soothing things. “Of course you're pretty. Nabiki thought you were sexy.”
 
Later, Akane wouldn't have been able to say at exactly what point things started going in the wrong direction. The first thing she remembered that she shouldn't have allowed was when she felt Kasumi's hand on one of her breasts. She shouldn't be letting her sister touch her there, but it felt good and Kasumi was still crying. She gripped her sister's wrist but at that point wasn't sure of she was trying to remove the hand from her breast or pressing it harder against her.
 
Any internal debate Akane was having with herself was lost when she felt Kasumi pressing her lips against hers. She returned the kiss. They continued this for a time before they got up and turned off the lights in the living room. They went up the stairs and into Kasumi's room.
 
Some time later Ranma and Nabiki had finished their sex play and now were snuggled together, ready for sleep. Their eyes snapped open at the sound of a voice crying out from an orgasm.
 
Whispering, Ranma said, “That sounded like Kasumi.”
 
“Yeah. I wouldn't have expected her to bring Dr. Tofu to her room here. They'd have more privacy at his apartment. She's been needing something like this, I'm glad to hear it.”
 
“Akane needs it too. What are we going to do about her?
 
Sleepily Nibiki replied, “One thing at a time.”
 
The fiancés were soon sound asleep. So deep was their sleep that they didn't hear the sound of Akane's voice crying out in orgasm.
 
Author's Note: One reviewer expressed an opinion that all the Tendo daughters are perverts and wouldn't be surprised if Akane and Kasumi did join in with Ranma and Nabiki. I'm kind of leaning toward that happening but not before a lot of soul searching and angst from all parties involved. In the meantime, what do you think of the Kasumi/Akane pairing?
 
Coming up - I don't want to give too much away this time. The girls in gym class will agree to let Ranma in the class by a one vote margin. Ranma's pregnancy doesn't stay a secret.