Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ I'm the Mother and the Father? ❯ A Family Affair ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'm the Father and the Mother?
A Ranma Fanfic by Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma and friends are owned by Rumiko Takahashi along with her publishers and Viz Video. I make no money off this so please don't sue me.
 
Recap of Chapter 12
Thinking Kasumi had been having sex with Dr. Tofu the night before, Nabiki gave her a thumbs up. Ranma gave an approving smile too. Kasumi “borrowed” a packet of instant Nannichuan powder. The teaching assistant for gym class snuck a look at Ranma's file. News of the pregnancy began to spread.
 
 
Chapter 13
A Family Affair
 
 
At a love hotel Kasumi and Akane were sharing a room. Akane was nude while Kaumi was wearing a filmy little nothing of a gown that came to her butt. The very transparency of the gown seemed to emphasize more than it concealed.
 
Kasumi was coming up for air after Akane had licked her to an orgasm. The two were now sitting side by side and Kasumi began to idly toy with one of Akane's nipples. “Akane, do you think I'm corrupting you?”
 
The shorter girl returned the favor by playing with one of her sister's nipples. “No, Kas-chan you're not corrupting me. I thought a lot about this today.” She giggled, “I got yelled at in class for not paying attention.”
 
“I think I was ready for this.”
 
She paused in thought. “After all those months of all the sports teams attacking me every day, I was afraid of boys. I was afraid one of the boys would beat me and then take advantage of me when I was too weak to fight back. I even had a couple nightmares of the first boy beating me and then all of the rest of them taking turns with me right there in the schoolyard.”
 
She sighed. “Then poor Ranma came along when I was in full `I hate boys' mode. To me he had to be a pervert because all boys were perverts so I punished him for it. I guess I'm just lucky he's as good a martial artist as he is. If I had done to someone else the things I did to Ranma they'd probably be dead and you would be visiting me in prison now. I think now that Ranma is one of the least perverted people I've ever met.”
 
Kasumi couldn't help a chuckle, “That's if Nabiki isn't turning her into a raging hentai now.”
 
Akane nodded. “For the months Ranma and I were fiancés I think I was attracted to him because of all his good qualities. Yet even while I was attracted there was the whole `he's a pervert and must be punished' thing going on. I was getting sexually aroused by my thoughts about Ranma and hating myself for it. Naturally it made me angry and I hit Ranma even more.”
 
Sadly she said, “I think I was like one of those people with a split personality. I wanted Ranma but if any man (even Ranma) had touched me in a sexual way I would have panicked, screamed my head off and probably beat him into a bloody pulp with Mallet-sama.”
 
Then Akane turned a smile on her sister. “When you touched me last night I wasn't afraid. I felt safe, I felt loved and I felt aroused. You have always been such a sweet person and so beautiful, so kind and loving, I think I may have been in love with you already. That's what I meant when I said I felt ready for something like this.”
 
She turned and picked up the bottle of cursed water. “I even think I'm ready for this. I don't want to have sex with a boy but the thought of being the boy is really making me horny. I want to do everything with you, everything one woman can do with another and everything a man can do with a woman.”
 
Akane walked to the bathtub in the room. It was large enough for two people snuggle together. Normally it would be filled with water and a froth of bubble bath, but at Kasumi's request the tub was empty. Akane poured the water over herself and changed.
 
“Oh my,” gasped Kasumi. Her brother's form was shorter than Nabiki-Kun's and his erect organ was not as large, but his body… “I thought Nabiki's male form was muscular, but you make him look skinny and weak.”
 
Kasumi stepped up to Akane-kun and began running her hands over him. She traced the outlines of the muscles in the powerful shoulders, the broad pecs and the washboard abs. Finally one hand came down to grasp his organ. She said, “I've been waiting for a chance to do this,” and dropped to her knees to take the organ in her mouth. While Kasumi was involved in her act of fellatio, Akane untied the ribbon that bound Kasumi's hair in a ponytail to let it hang loosely.
 
While Kasumi had no practical experience with sex in all of its facets, she had read much about it. She looked in sex manuals, knew all of the positions, had an illustrated copy of the Kama Sutra. Kasumi had even rented videos so she could see sexual techniques in use. Many people would have been shocked to find out what the supposedly prim and proper Japanese housewife did in her free time.
 
Now Kasumi felt determined. For as long as her lover could maintain an erection, she would try as many sexual techniques and positions as she could. She fervently hoped that she could experience just as many or more orgasms as Ranma had the times she had watched.
 
It seemed that Akane had been very aroused because it was not long before the organ in Kasumi's mouth erupted. The older sister had been surprised at how quickly her lover's first orgasm arrived, but determination still lived in her. Greedily she swallowed and missed only a couple of drops. After she raised her head she rubbed the errant drops off her face with her fingers then licked them clean.
 
With the resilience of youth, Akane's erection didn't even soften. Still, Kasumi didn't want things to end too quickly so she said, “After what I just did for you, now you must do something for me.” Under the elder sister's direction Akane began to caress Kasumi's body, breasts and sex. First he used his fingers, then he mouth and tongue, bringing the long haired girl to multiple orgasms.
 
Finally Kasumi felt they'd had sufficient foreplay and allowed Akane to insert his organ into her vagina. They continued for hours until finally Akane grunted through one final orgasm and his organ became soft inside his sister.
 
Finally they separated and lay side by side, fully satiated. Kasumi said, “It was even better than I imagined. Oh Akane, we must do this again and again. This one time wasn't enough.”
 
Akane kissed his sister and said, “I agree. When do you want to do this next?”
 
“Our supply of Instant Nannichuan is limited. We should continue to get together as women. I'd say we should wait until night after next. I think we both need to recharge our energies.”
 
Akane-kun nodded, “Probably a good idea.”
 
Suddenly Kasumi giggled. She said, “I just had a positively delicious idea.” She reached down and fondled Akane's limp organ. “How would you like to slide this into our lovely Ranma-chan?”
 
“Are you serious, I'd love that. I've been sexually attracted to Ranma for the longest time but couldn't act on it because of my anger and fears. But to do it with Ranma in girl form and me as the guy would be a dream come true. Were you thinking of having Nabiki do you at the same time.”
 
“Oh, yes. I might even turn into a man myself if I could get a chance at Ranma.”

“But didn't Nabiki say he didn't want to have sex with family members?”
 
“Oh, I remember what he said very well. He said he didn't think he was kinky enough to want sex with family members. If we approach Nabiki-kun and Ranma the right way I think Nabiki will find he's kinkier than he thought he was.”
 
Akane said, “I never knew you were this devious, Kasumi. Hmm, they'll probably want to do man/woman sex on a Saturday night so they won't have to worry about going to school the next day.” They began to make plans.
 
When Ranma and Nabiki came down to breakfast they found Kasumi practically dancing around the kitchen humming a tune. Indeed at odd moments she went from her humming to actually break out into a song. Ranma recognized the smile on Kasumi's face. She had seen the same smile on her own face in the mirror the night after she and Nabiki had spent their first night together as man and woman.
 
Ranma and Nabiki shared a look and then nodded. They were of similar opinion. Kasumi gotten laid last night and it seemed to have done her a world of good. They would forget their arguments of the previous evening. Anything that made Kasumi this happy was worthwhile, forget whether it was proper or not.
 
Then Akane walked and gave the impression floating a foot above the floor. Ranma leaned over and whispered in Nabiki's ear, “Looks like Akane snuck out last night.” Nabiki nodded.
 
The parents seemed oblivious to the sexual undertones at the breakfast table. They notice that everyone seemed happy this morning and they also smiled. Nodoka did have a look of slight suspicion on her face but she didn't say anything.
 
The walk to school was strange. Ranma tried to engage Akane in conversation but most of the time she just had a dreamy smile on her face. It was a short while before they got to the school that Akane seemed to become aware of the world again and said, “Thank you, Ranma. The example you and Nabiki provided has given me the courage to try and find my own happiness.”
 
Predictably Ranma's reaction was, “Huh?” Before she could question
Akane they were in the schoolyard and Ranma had to fend off Kuno. At least he was calling her by name. What was the craziness he was spouting about her brother? Did the idiot now think her male side was her brother? At least he didn't try to glomp her this morning.
 
As the morning went on Ranma became aware that people were giving her strange looks as they had yesterday. Even more of them were doing it now. The previous day it had been just a few of the girls who have giving her looks, now it was most of the girls and some of the boys.
 
On the way into lunch Ranma caught up with the Nabiki and pulled her aside. “Nabs, something's up.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I'm getting weird looks from a bunch of people.”
“Describe the looks.”
 
“OK, there was this one,” she put an expression of pity on her face. “That one is sort of like `you poor thing.'” Then she put on an encouraging smile. “That one was like `hang in there kiddo, we're on your side.” Next came an expression of wide eyed astonishment, “This one was like, `I can't believe you did that.'” Next an expression of admiration, “Then it was, `You sly dog, you.'” The next expression was a leer, “This was like they were saying, `Hey babe, are you free tonight?'” The last expression was one of disgust. “This was like I was a piece of slime that crawled out from under a rock. I think I only got that from two people.”
 
Nabiki was surprised at the range of emotions her fiancé had just simulated. “That was very good. Have you ever thought about acting?”
 
“Nah, that's Akane's thing. The only acting I ever did was as Romeo that one time and you know how that turned out.”
 
Nabiki thought to herself, “That may have been all the acting you did on a stage, but you've done a lot of acting in other places.” Out loud she said, “You did those expressions really well. Maybe you should try acting again.”
 
Nabiki frowned, “If I remember right you also went on as Juliet for part of that play too.”
 
Ranma gave a nervous laugh. “I was really anxious to win the prize.”
 
“Yeah, to `see' China. That turned out to be the nickname of a famous director.”
 
“That was a major disappointment.”
 
“Anyway, back to the weird looks.” Said Ranma. “Could you get your people to check into the rumors? I'm wondering if news of my `condition' isn't private any more.”
 
“You knew it would come out eventually anyway.”
 
“Yeah, but I was kind of hoping it would stay secret until people started asking, `Are you getting fat?''
 
Nabiki chuckled. “That would be too easy.”
 
Ranma shook her head, “And Kami-sama knows my life can't ever be easy.”
 
Nabiki smiled. “I'll get my people looking into it.”
 
“Thanks. Oh, when we were walking here Akane said thanks and our example gave her the courage to look for her happiness.”
 
“I guess that means the courage to go out and get laid. Did she say anything about who it was she went to?”
 
“No, she didn't. Considering the trend in Tendo sisters, maybe she hooked up with one of her friends, Yuka or Sayuri.”
 
Not taking offense at the comment about the `Tendo sisters,' Nabiki nodded. “I've always wondered about those two. With what I suspect about them, maybe it was both of them.”
 
“Oh! I just had a mental image of that scene.”
 
Nabiki snorted, “Me too. You go ahead and get to lunch. I'll see what I can find out. I may not be able to get you an answer before the end of the day. You might actually learn about it before I can, that is if any of those people ever work up the courage to actually talk to you instead of just giving you weird looks.”
 
Nabiki went into a huddle with her assistants and then they dispersed. It was just before the end of the lunch period that two of the assistants came to talk. Nabiki looked over and caught Ranma's eye and nodded.
 
So the word was out. The question was should she do anything about it. Maybe it would be better to wait until someone actually spoke to her about it. It wouldn't be a long wait.
 
She went to her next class, which was gym. She met Eiko in the locker room and got a slip of paper with a locker number and a combination. She took the slip and went down the line of lockers looking for the one that matched the number on her slip. Inwardly she braced for a reaction from the other girls.
 
She found the locker and was able to dial the combination without a problem. She thought it would be an easy combination to remember. She started changing into her gym uniform.
 
She was dressed in her uniform and just ready to close her locker when she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She turned to see three girls in their uniforms standing behind her. One was a tall muscular looking girl and one she remembered from the gymnastics team. That was one of the girls Kuno Kodachi had beat up last year.
 
It was the tall girl who spoke first. She seemed oddly shy and hesitant. “Ranma?”
 
She was going to try be nice and friendly as she could be. She gave her warmest, friendliest smile. “I know you didn't all vote for me, but I still wanted to thank you for letting me join your class. I'd have been stuck with study hall for this period for the rest of the term otherwise.”
 
The tall girl said, “I'm Megumi. Is it true?”
 
Ranma was pretty sure she knew what the girl was asking about but decided to play out the scene. “Is what true?”
 
“Is it true that you're…”
 
The gymnast finished, “Pregnant?”
 
“That was supposed to stay private. They promised me.”
 
“So it is true!” Said Megumi.
 
“Yes, it's true.”
 
Megumi looked confused. “I don't understand. Aren't you really a boy who has magic that lets you change into a girl?”
 
Ranma sighed. “What you said is basically true but I'd argue with the words you used. I have a curse that makes me change into a girl.”
 
Megumi's confusion deepened. “You don't want to change into a girl?”
 
“Look at it this way. How would you like it if you got a curse that made you change into a boy?”
 
Megumi thought for a moment. “I don't know, it might actually be kind of cool.”
 
One of the other girls said, “Only a tomboy would say something like that.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “If I could control when I changed all the time then maybe it would be cool.”
 
Ranma looked harder at the tall girl's face. “You're one of the girls who was in the locker the time I snuck in and sort of trashed the place, right?”
 
“Yeah, I was there.”
 
“In spite of what you might think I wasn't there to peep on you girls.”
 
Megumi sounded angry, “Then why did you do that?”
 
“I found a scroll that said there was a spring here that could cure my curse. I thought this building had been built over it.”
 
“A spring?”
 
“Yeah. It turned out that the spring had dried up years before the school was even built. The scroll was old and I didn't know that. You need to understand that I was pretty desperate to find a cure.”
 
One of the other girls asked, “What's so bad about changing into a girl?”
 
“My former fiancé, Tendo Akane will tell you I was a macho jerk. The way my dad raised me any time I did something he didn't approve of, he'd call me a girl. At the time I got the curse a girl is one of the worst things I could think of turning into. Naturally turning into a girl has kind of forced me to ease back on that. I'd still like to be cured. Changing back and forth against my will and at odd times is no fun.”
 
Eiko poked her head into the locker room. “We're trying to have a class out here. Would you care to join us?”
 
Ranma told them, “If you want to talk more about this meet me by the gate after school.” The four girls ran out onto the field to join the others in warm up exercises.
 
When they finished Ranma noticed that the other girls were keeping a close eye on her as she went into the shower. They seemed to relax as the hot water streamed down on her. With that additional demonstration, the rest of the girls went to take their own showers.
 
None of the other girls asked about the pregnancy. Ranma wasn't sure if that because they had chosen the girls who had approached her as spokespersons or if the rest just hadn't heard the rumor. With the speed that rumors traveled, she didn't doubt that everyone in the school would know about it by the end of the school day tomorrow.
 
For the rest of the school day it appeared only the girls in gym class were bold enough to actually speak to her about the pregnancy. That likely wouldn't last.
 
After school Ranma told Akane and Nabiki to go on ahead. She met with the same three girls at the gate. “Let me see, Megumi, Remi,” she said pointing at the gymnast. The third girl supplied, “Keiko.”
 
“We didn't get to finish our conversation. If I remember where we left off, I want a cure so I don't have to put up with changing at random times. The curse turns me into a water magnet. I would get splashed at the worst possible time, usually when it was the most embarrassing. Imagine me changing back to a boy while I'm wearing girl's clothes.”
 
Keiko said, “That would be rough.”
 
Megumi asked, “What about the pregnancy?”
 
“I only found out about that Monday last week. The curse protects the baby. If I could change into a guy now I'd miscarry or lose the baby some other way so the curse won't let me change.
 
Remi asked, “Could you get an abortion?”
 
“I know a lady from a tribe in China who used to live near the cursed pools. She knows more about the curses than anyone. She said that I've got to give birth. If I get an abortion or if I miscarry, I'll stay a girl and not be able to change back into a guy either until I die or until I give birth to some other baby.”
 
Megumi said, “So you really are stuck.”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“You sound like you're not totally against the idea.”
 
Ranma rubbed a hand over abdomen. “The old woman I mentioned did a deep chi reading on me and told me my baby is a girl. I'm not sure I understand it, but since then I'm getting really fond of the kid. I suppose it's silly to say I'm fond of a child that isn't born yet. She could turn out to be a total bitch. I'm still anxious to meet her.”
 
Remi got a slightly dreamy expression in her eyes. “I think I can understand it.”
 
Megumi looked confused, “If you're really a guy how is it possible for you to even get pregnant?”
 
“When I change into a girl it is a complete change. Like I told the receptionist in the admin office last week, when I'm a girl I have all the same plumbing inside that you do. It works the same too.”
 
She paused to think for a few moments. “Maybe this will help you. I used to think of my girl form as an imitation or fake girl. Getting pregnant showed me this form is just as much of a real girl as anyone who was born that way. I've been trying to think of as being a part-time girl.”
 
She continued, “When I'm like this I'm a girl who thinks like a guy. If that makes me a tomboy when I'm in this form, then I can live with being called that.”
 
Keiko said thoughtfully, “I've got a friend who is a tom-boy. Besides the way she dresses and liking sports and that kind of stuff, she's a real sweet person and a loyal friend.”
 
Megumi stepped up and put her hand on red haired girl's shoulder. “Ranma, I'm sorry. I thought all kind of bad things about you. I called you a freak and a pervert. Talking to you, I get the feeling you're really nice.”
 
“Don't feel bad. I used to be a real jerk and I'm still working on getting over that.” Ranma wondered if Megumi was the tomboy that Keiko had mentioned. With her height and build she certainly looked the part. It was hard to tell when she was wearing a school uniform.
 
Megumi thought for a moment. “You're into martial arts, right?”
 
Ranma nodded.
 
“Maybe we could hang out some time and do stuff.”
 
Ranma's eyes widened, “Are you offering to be my friend?”
 
“If you wouldn't mind.”
 
Ranma smiled, “I think I'd like that.”
 
Megumi smiled back, “We tomboys have to stick together.”
 
Remi cautiously said, “I noticed you didn't say anything about your baby's father. Is that a touchy subject?”
 
Ranma got a sad expression on her face and said, “It's a bad situation and I really don't like talking about it. “
 
Keiko gulped. “You weren't raped were you?”
 
Megumi elbowed her friend in the ribs and told her, “She said she didn't want to talk about it.”
 
Looking contrite, Keiko apologized, “I'm sorry Ranma. I didn't mean to pry.”
 
“That's alright.”
 
Megumi offered, “Why don't you come over to my house some day next week. You'll like my mom, everybody does.”
 
Ranma said, “Let's talk after gym class tomorrow and set up a date for it.”
 
All agreed and Ranma headed off toward home. That was actually pretty cool. She had managed to turn a potential enemy into a friend.
 
When she got home Ranma called “Tadaima” and was answered by “O-Kaeri.”
 
When Ranma got into the living room she looked into the kitchen and found Akane and Kasumi standing near each other. Both seemed to be a little out of breath. The hair on both girls appeared mussed. Had Ranma ever seen Kasumi with her hair mussed? Both women seemed to be trying very hard to look casual.
 
Ranma waved and went on up the stairs. After a knock on Nabiki's door she went in.
 
“Hey Nabs? Is there something going with Akane and Kasumi?”
 
“Like what?”
 
“When I came in just now I swear they looked like two people who had been interrupted kissing and just jumped apart.”
 
Nabiki turned her full attention. “Kissing?”
 
“They were breathing hard, their hair was mussed and it looked like their clothes were also kind of mussed. The looked like they were trying to act real innocent.” Ranma put on the studiedly casual expression and said, “Like `who me? I wasn't doing nothing.'”
 
Nabiki looked thoughtful, “I've been getting weird vibes from both of them. Could we have been reading the situation wrong? Could they be doing something with each other?”
 
“That's the impression I got.”
 
“If that's true, then last night…”
 
“Then last night Akane snuck out and met with Kasumi somewhere. Kasumi was carrying what was probably instant Nannichuan water which would mean either Akane or Kasumi turned male and they had sex with each other.”
 
Ranma was shocked when tears began to drip down her fiance's face. As she watched, the few tears multiplied until Nabiki was leaning on Ranma's shoulder sobbing. Ranma felt a curious sensation of déjà vu. Just a little over a week ago Ranma had been the one weeping and Nabiki the one offering comforfort.
 
When Ranma managed to get Nabiki calmed a little, she asked, “What's wrong. Why are you crying?”
 
Tears still streaming down her face Nabiki said, “Everything is turning into such a big mess and it's all my fault.”
 
“What do you mean it's all your fault?”
 
“I threw the water that got you pregnant. It's my fault you didn't change back into a guy to stop the pregnancy.”
 
Ranma looked puzzled. “I can't argue the first part, but I chose to go to your room. I wanted it.”
 
Nabiki nearly wailed, “You don't understand. I didn't start that for you, I was only thinking of myself. There was this gorgeous, sexy girl literally lying naked at my feet, just had an orgasm and ready for more. At that moment I didn't care that I'd just caused you to change from a boy into the girl in front of me, I wanted you. I was a selfish jerk.”
 
Ranma continued to hold the other girl, rubbing her back. “I've forgiven you for that. I love you now.”
 
“But it was me that set the whole chain of events in motion. Thanks to my actions my big sister is having a lesbian affair with my little sister. The only way this could get any worse is if the two of them actually did join us in one of our sessions.”
 
“You don't know you're to blame for Kasumi and Nabiki. They could have started without us to look at.”
 
“If I hadn't started this all, there wouldn't have been an us for them to look at.”
 
Ranma grinned, “I wouldn't have wanted to miss that. I liked what we did together. If you hadn't done what you did, I might never have known I love you.”
 
Ranma kissed Nabiki again. “If anything I should apologize to you.”
 
The brown haired girl started back, “What? What have you done to apologize for?”
 
“When you splashed me and we had our little sex session in your room, you involved your self in the craziness that my life is. Before you were on the outer fringes, and now, by being engaged to me, you right in the middle of it. Craziness comes to my life as sure as the sun coming up every morning.”
 
She paused, “I'll admit all the sex is kind of new. Before it was crazy martial arts challenges, fiancés showing up left and right, Akane getting kidnapped and I would get splashed and change at the worst possible times. Sometimes I think craziness comes off me like heat from a furnace to affect everyone around me.”
 
Nabiki wiped at the tears on her face. “Well… your life is pretty chaotic.”
 
“That's right. You're just being carried along for the ride.”
 
“But when I thought Kasumi was with Dr. Tofu, I gave her the thumbs up. Now she thinks I knew about her and Akane and I approved.”
 
“I smiled at her and nodded. She probably thinks I knew and approved.”
 
Nabiki still looked worried. “Purely aside from issues of incest and what finding out would do to daddy, Kasumi is legally an adult having sex with a minor. She could go to jail for what she's doing.”
 
Ranma's jaw sagged. “I didn't think of that.”
 
The brown haired girl seemed to trying to summon the Ice Queen. Her features smoothed and started to take on the calm, impassive expression. The effect was spoiled a bit by the reddened eyes and tear tracks on the cheeks.
 
“It's time to start thinking about containment and maybe damage control. Obviously the fewer people who know about those two the better. I'd like it best if nobody but you and me ever find out. If they went to a love hotel I'll have to hope that Kasumi was at least smart enough to give a fake name. I'll also have to hope that the clerk didn't see Kasumi and Akane together. Since the police aren't already here looking for Kasumi, I'll guess we're OK on that.”
 
Nabiki paused, “I guess we're going to have to talk to them. I could ask them to break it off, but I can't expect them to do that on my say-so. I'm the middle sister and I don't have any right to tell Kasumi what to do. The best I can manage is to tell her of the trouble she could face if she keeps going. Maybe hearing what could happen to Kasumi could get Akane to stop. In any kind of court proceedings Akane would be looked at as a victim.”
 
“You mean like that Dr. lady wanted to do about my `brother?'”
 
“Something like that.”
 
She paused a moment. “You remember before when I said it felt like I was the adult and Kasumi was the kid?”
 
“Yeah, I said she was acting like a horny kid.”
 
“Well, she's doing it again. Maybe I could even say she's acting like a slut. I didn't think I would ever say something like that about sweet, prim and proper Kasumi, the woman who raised me as much as my real mom did.”
 
Suddenly Kasumi's voice called out, “Ranma, you have a visitor.”
 
Ranma turned toward the door. “A visitor? Who could that be?”
 
She got up and left Nabiki's room. When she got down the stairs she found her visitor was a Chinese youth with long black hair, thick glasses and wearing white. “Mousse, what brings you here?”
 
“I have a promise to keep. The old monkey gave me some time off this afternoon so I thought it might be a good time.”
 
Ranma looked blank for a moment then a light dawned, “Oh, right. Come on, let's go out to the dojo.” She turned and told Nabiki, “We'll work on that tonight after dinner, OK?” The brown haired girl nodded.
 
Out in the dojo Ranma asked, “Hidden weapons, right?”
 
“Yes, as you already guessed, it is a ki manipulation technique. You use your ki to fold the air, or maybe that's space (I get those mixed up.) In effect it creates an invisible pocket that you carry with you. Although I use mine for weapons, you can carry other things in the pocket. The master who trained me carried his lunch in his. Attune your ki senses and watch me.”
 
Ranma used Ki senses that had been honed by study of the scroll she'd received from Happosai. When it was her turn to try the technique she was able to create a pocket only large enough to hide a lunch box.
 
Mousse encouraged. “That's actually very good. The first time I tried it the pocket was only about big enough to hide a thimble. The size of your pocket is determined by the overall strength of your ki and your skill of ki manipulation. The more you practice with this technique the bigger you can make the pocket. I think you got such a large pocket your first time is due to your own chi strength and skill. “
 
Ranma was surprised. “You mean that's it?”
 
“To someone starting out this is a very difficult technique to master. You are already a skilled martial artist and accustomed to using your chi. For someone like you it is more a matter of adapting skills you already have than learning something completely new.”
 
Mousse actually smiled. “This was easier than I expected. You do learn quickly. I also get the feeling that you chi is stronger than the last time I fought you.”
 
In what was becoming a habitual gesture, Ranma placed a hand on her abdomen and rubbed gently. She thought “Happosai would say my ki is getting a boost from the baby.” She didn't say anything out loud.
 
“You need to practice. The more you do that, the larger the pocket you can create. It might also be a good idea to carry something in your pocket like your lunch when you go to school. You should carry something, even it it's something you won't use. This is also for the sake of practice.”
 
“Thank you, Mousse. I promise I won't show anyone else how to do this. Actually I don't think I know many people advanced enough to learn this anyway.”
 
“Did you try out my gift?”
 
Ranma blushed and didn't say anything. Mousse noticed the blush and took that for an affirmative answer.
 
“I haven't heard of any jobs that would work well for one of your skills. I'll keep looking.”
 
Ranma nodded. “Thank you, Mousse. There is still time.” She was reluctant to tell the Chinese boy about Happosai's involvement because it might lead to questions about why Ranma's child was so special. She wasn't ready to share the story of her child's parentage with any more people.
 
Mousse left and Ranma returned to the house. The family was all in the living room except for Kasumi who was still in the kitchen. Nabiki asked, “What was that about?”
 
Ranma sat next to Nabiki and, “Just a promise Mousse was keeping.”
 
“He found a job for you?”
 
“The other promise.”
 
“Oh, he taught you?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Since her father had been playing shogi, she hadn't expected him to pick up on the conversation. He turned from the game and said, “Did you learn a new technique, boy er girl?”
 
“Yes, Pop. Mousse taught me the hidden weapons technique, but he made me promise not to teach it to anyone else.”
 
“You wouldn't keep a thing like that from your father, would you?”
 
Ranma frowned. “It would be dishonorable to break a promise.”
 
“But surely if you kept it in the family…”
 
“No Pop. The promise was not to teach it to anyone else. No exceptions. I'm sorry, I can't share it with you. (I wish you'd quit bugging me about it.)”
 
Genma turned back to the board, grumbling about an ungrateful boy. While his attention was elsewhere, Soun had rearranged some of the pieces.
 
Since she couldn't keep it a secret Ranma was determined to test out her new technique. She wandered into the kitchen and noticed a bell pepper sitting off to one side.
 
She asked, “Kasumi, were going to use this pepper?” pointing to it.
 
Kasumi answered, “No. I got more than I needed so that one is extra.”
 
“Could I borrow it?”
 
“Borrow it? What did you want to do with it?”
 
Ranma grinned and picked up the pepper. Suddenly the vegetable seemed to disappear.
 
Kasumi's eyes got wide. “I didn't know you could do stage magic.”
 
“I guess it could pass as magic. It's the Hidden Weapons technique. I just learned it and I'm trying to practice.” With a bit more of a flourish than she'd used to make it disappear, she brought the pepper out of her subspace pocket.
 
Kasumi clapped her hands in applause. “That's wonderful.”
 
Ranma made the pepper appear and disappear a few more times before putting it back on the kitchen counter. She said, “I'm going to need something other than a vegetable to practice with.”
 
Akane handed a book to Ranma. “Try this, I'm finished reading it.”
 
Ranma thanked Akane and started practicing with the book, putting it into and taking it out of her invisible pocket. For the assembled family members, the novelty quickly wore off and they stopped paying attention. Even Ranma was able to get good enough that she could do her trick with only half her attention.
 
It was with a little surprise that she heard her mother admonish her, “Please stop doing that while we're eating. It's very distracting.” She set the book aside and apologized sheepishly, “Sorry.”
 
 
Author's Note: I looked up what the age of consent is in Japan. While it looks like the A/K match may be legal in Tokyo based purely on age, I just thought it would add to story to do the “adult with minor” thing. I also researched incest laws. I was surprised to find that, while looked at as morally wrong, there is no law against it in Japan. For this fic lets just assume the teenaged characters are ignorant of that fact. I'd also like to clarify how I picture the physiques of the guys here. I see Nabiki-kun built a little like Ranma's male form, while I picture Akane-kun built broader with larger muscles, like a wrestler. When he makes an appearance, Kasumi-kun will have the long, lean, sleeker looking musculature of a swimmer.
 
Coming up - Ranma and Nabiki confront Kasumi and Akane about their affair and advise of the dangers. Ranma makes friends with some of the girls who voted against her in gym class. Kuno swears to visit vengeance on male Ranma for the “crime” he committed against girl Ranma's virtue.