Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Psychedelic Kiss ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Psychedelic Kiss Chapter 5
By:Iron Dragoon

"Still can't believe I have to go to school.."
"Oh, be quiet Ranko. You've been complaining all morning."
"We're here anyway, Ko-chan... Uhh.. What the hell is that?" he asked, pointing at a mob of people.

"AARRRGGHH!! I HATE BOYS!!" screamed Akane as she charged into the crowd. Ranma and Ranko watched as Akane cut through the masses like a scythe through wheat.

"Hey, she's not half bad.." mumbled Ranma.
"Yeah, against average people. I'd kill her in a fight," replied the red head.
"You're STILL angry about that? It's just a dress Ranko."
"She purposely put me in the smallest one she could! I know she did!"
"Come on, let's go to the school store. We'll get you a new one," he said with a sigh as he flipped off the fence. Ranko's mood brightened slightly as she considered getting Ranma into a uniform himself. *If I have to wear one, he does too. Misery loves company, after all...* she mused to herself with a grin. *Plus, I'd like to see him in those tight pants..* she added with a different kind of grin.

"What th-?" she was brought out of her thoughts by Ranma's voice in time to see him pluck a rose out of the air.
"How dare you forestall mine wondrous affections to my flame-tressed beauty?!"
"Eh?" was Ranma's intelligible reply.
"HA! Your true vileness shines true in thy words! Tell me, fool of fools, what be thy name? Tell me quickly knave, for my blade wishes to sing of your blood in tribute to my fiery love!"
"Uh.. I'm Ra-"
"Hold! Is it not tradition to give ones name first? So be it, then. I am the undefeated Kendo Champion of Furikan High, Tatewaki Kuno! Know fear and defeat gutless fool, for I am the Blue Thunder of Furikan High!" he bellowed, his deceleration of importance punctuated by a lighting bolt.

Ranma and Ranko blinked in unison.
"Uh.. I'm Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts."
"And you my beauty? What name shall I write with this dog's blood?" asked Kuno with a bow.
"Well, first off, I'm not *your* 'ruby.' Secondly, you don't have a chance of beating Ranma. And lastly, you keep insulting MY Ran-chan, and we'll both pound you." she replied as she leaned against Ranma, who, unconsciously, wrapped his arm around her waist.

Kuno stared at them for a second before exploding. "You heinous, evil BEAST! How dare you enslave my love?!" he bellowed, pointing his bokken at Ranma. "Such evil sorcery it must be, to deny my flower the ability to give her name to her love! Your defeat will be her freedom! HAVE AT THEE!!"

As Kuno attacked Ranma, Ranma wondered if he remembered that his attack could hurt his 'love.' Ranma swept Ranko into his arms, cradling her as he dodged the attacks. Ranko, who felt perfectly safe, wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled his shoulder, enjoying herself. Ranma continued to dodge as he smiled. He soon found a hole in the kendoist's defenses and sent a spinning back kick to his ankle. He turned the strike into a feint, changing the momentum of his move into a spinning crescent to Kuno's jaw. Kuno, not expecting Ranma to be that fast, was surprised enough to fall for the feint, dropping the tip of his bokken to the ground to block. When he saw the feint for what it was, he tried to dodge, but tripped over his own bokken and caught the kick in his face. He was sent spinning like a top to the ground, unconscious. Ranma landed, still cradling Ranko, having never once disturbed her.. Thanks to a flying technique Ranko had taught him.
=====================================================================

"We have two new students today, class. Please, introduce yourselves."

"My name is Ranko Kaze. This is Ranma Saotome," Ranko replied with a sunny smile.
"Hi, nice to meet ya," added Ranma with a lop-sided grin and a lazy wave. Instantly whispers sprung from the class, rumors started, and bets made. Some rumors said they were cousins, some said they came to simply beat up Kuno. Others yet said they were lovers. Ranko, who's senses were sharper due to her heritage, like the last most. It was closest to the truth, and it let certain... Images float through their minds. As Ranma took his seat near the windows, Ranko took one near the door on the far wall. Akane wondered why since they seemed to love each others company so much.
=====================================================================

By the time lunch rolled around, Ranko had befriended almost everyone in class. Ranma, on the other hand, had yet to make a single one. Through unspoken communication, they split up during the beginning of lunch, and ate together at the end. Ranko spent the time talking while Ranma slept under a tree.

"So, what's with you and him?" asked Yuka, one of Akane's friends.
"Well, we met when our training trips took us to the same training grounds. I had nowhere to go in mind yet, so I joined him, and we've been together ever since," she replied, smiling at the memories of the past few months. "Ohh!! Look at those eyes! And the smile!! She's in love!" squealed one of her friends. Ranko continued to smile as she stared at Ranma's sleeping form. "Yeah, I love him. I know he loves me too, but sometimes it's like *he* doesn't know.."

"You're kidding? What about in the dojo?" asked Akane.
"That's how he acts when he's sure about it. Other times.." she let her answer trail off.
"Is that why he's alone?" asked one of the girls. At that question, Ranko got quiet and some the the light in her eyes died. "No, that's cause of his 'training trip.' He started it when he was five."

"Five?! How could he go on a trip when he was that young?!" Ranko nodded. "Yeah, he never stayed in one place for more than three months. After a few years, he just stopped trying to make friends. The last time he had a friend was almost three years ago." Stunned looks passed through the gathering of girls. "A lot of it is his father's fault, too." she added, her eyes hardening as she spoke.

"What do you mean? What did he do?" asked one of the girls with nervous curiosity. "Torture. Of course his father called it training. I'll admit it worked, but I think the price Ranma had to pay was too high."
"Was it really that bad?"
"I'll tell you about the body hardening.." she said. *Though I do like the results...* her eyes widened as the thought popped into her mind. "Uh.. His father considered beating a six year old with sticks and pipes until Ranma couldn't move 'good training.'" Shocked gasps escaped the girls, including Akane.
=====================================================================

Ranma woke up to a strange feeling, it felt like he was going to be attacked, but not quite. He scanned the school yard looking for the source of the strange feeling. He looked to his left, where the feeling was strongest. He came face to face with a half dozen girls. A half dozen *sad* girls, one of whom was his Ranko. Half panicking and half afraid for his life, he approached the girls. "You okay, Ko-chan?"

"Fine Ran-chan. Just telling my friends about some old memories.." at this, all the girls stared at him, their expressions a little sadder. "Well, um, are you ready to eat?" he asked nervously. "Sure, what'd you bring?" she asked as he helped her to her feet. "Sushi," was his simple reply.
"Oh, Sushi.. You make *great* sushi.." They continued to talk as they left the cluster of girls.
"A guy who *cooks*?! For her?!"
"Wow. Does he give massages too?"
=====================================================================

"Seriously. You cook? As in food?"
"For the last time Akane, yes, I can cook!" Ranma shouted.
Ranko stifled a giggle. "It ain't that funny! Besides, what else did you tell them?"
"You'll never know, Ran-chan," she sang with a mischievous smile.
"Oh really? I know some things as well, Ko-chan. Two words. Ear. Lobe." Ranma shot back with an evil grin. Ranko stopped dead in her tracks and turned beet red. "You wouldn't. No way."
"You want to try me?" he replied, getting nose to nose with her and smirking. "What are you two talking about?" asked Akane with an irritated tone.
"Well, first, you take an ice cube and some honey and- mmphh!!" Ranma's reply was cut off by the hand of the still blushing Ranko. "SHH!! Don't tell anyone!" Ranma continued to grin as he slipped out of Ranko's hold. "Well then, what did you tell them, then?" he asked, still grinning and enjoying winning for once.

Ranko sighed, knowing he had the upper hand. "I told them about training. Some of your training and why you haven't made any friends yet." After saying this, she looked at the ground.

"I see. So that explains the sad faces at lunch... Tell them to forget it. I don't want pity and I sure don't need it from the whole school."
"I know Ranma. I didn't mean for it to happen like that! They asked, and I started thinking about it, and it just slipped.." Ranma looked at her silently for a bit.

"Hey, what's the big deal Ranma? She said she was sorry," at Akane's intrusion, whom the both had forgotten was there, Ranma spun on her. "Who asked you?! This is between Ranko and me!" Akane took a step back from his sudden speed and fury. Alas, pride beat common sense with a stick, once again. "What are you yelling at me for?! I'm not the idiot who told the school about your secrets!"

Akane's hair swayed in the breeze from Ranma's fist as it stopped a few centimeters from her face. "First off, you interrupted us. Second, you insulted Ranko. Never say anything about her again. Understood?" he said in a deadly cold tone.

Akane slowly nodded as Ranma backed away and turned to Ranko. "Ko-chan, you know why I don't like thinking about that stuff, and I know you didn't mean for it to happen. Just.. Try to contain it, please?"
"Sure Ran-chan."

With that, Ranma hugged Ranko and, with a peck, picked her up and roof hopped to the Dojo.
"Wha? How.. The roof.."
*What the hell kind of person can jump over a house?! While carrying another person?!* she wondered, staring at the quickly departing couple.