Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's Brother ❯ Kuno's Lost Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Ranma or any characters from it. If I did………… what a wonderful life this would be. Uh…….. *Ahem* Shinta is my own creation, any use of him without my consent will result in a “friendly” visit by my pet wear-tiger.
 
A/N: Let me first thank the readers that reviewed. Reviews are like Mountain Dew for my muse. She really likes them. Anyway, I won't beg for reviews like some authors but I will ask for some reader input. This will make the story come out faster. On another note, if you are confused as to the suffixes that Shinta used at the end of the last chapter, here's the explanation:
 
-bozu: This is an informal way to refer to a boy, similar to the English term “kid” or “squirt.”
 
-kun: This is not only used to show familiarity with male friends, but to show respect with someone of lower standing or of younger age. (Remember: Shinta is almost as old as Kasumi)
 
With that cleared up, we can now begin the story.
 
Ranma's Brother Chapter 3--Kuno's Lost Love
 
 
Akane sat on the porch and watched two of her new housemates fight in the back yard. Since they skipped school yesterday, they were suspended from school for a day. Which made no sense to Akane, but it was the rule. She was just glad they had the next two days off to catch up on their schoolwork. She brought her mind back to the event in front of her. The two brothers had been sparring for almost two hours straight.
 
Shinta dodged a kick from his brother and countered with a punch. Ranma jumped back to avoid the counter while Shinta just smiled. Shinta then ran head on towards Ranma, catching him off guard and knocked him into the pond with a well-placed kick.
 
“Three to two, my favor,” Shinta stated as Ranma-chan shook the excess water out of her hair. “I win this time.”
 
“First time you beat me in unarmed combat in a month,” Ranma-chan replied with a smile. “Do you think we're ready yet?”
 
Shinta sighed as he shook his head. “Not just yet. You'll know when.”
 
“Know about what?” came a voice behind the siblings. They turned to see Akane standing there with a pair of towels and water bottles.
 
“Nothing you need to worry about right now,” Shinta answered curtly. “It's a family matter.”
 
Ranma-chan saw Akane start to blister in anger and decided to defuse the situation. “Uh… bro? Akane is going to become family when we go through with this engagement thing. Is it wrong to at least let her know why were training so hard?”
 
Shinta smirked on the inside as he noticed his brother's slip, but he nodded anyway. “The reason we're training is because…”
 
“Breakfast is ready,” called Kasumi.
 
“FOOD!!” cried the siblings as they raced into the house leaving a confused Akane behind.
 
I guess I'll ask them later, she thought as she followed them in.
 
----------
 
Akane watched, amazed as the brothers ate at a startling rate, and not choke. While they ate, she could see Genma try to steal some of their food, but a couple dozen broken chopsticks later Genma gave up. She decided that if she was going to be engaged to one of them; then she should be able to fight like them.
 
“Hey Shinta?” she asked. Shinta paused to let her know he heard her before he continued eating. “Is your offer to help train me still there?”
 
Genma nearly started choking on his food as the other Tendo family members looked at her strangely. The brothers were the only ones that appeared unaffected by the question. They just continued to eat their breakfast unfazed by the looks they were receiving.
 
“Well?” Akane asked again. “What is your answer?” She was starting to get agitated again.
 
“What is this about training a girl in our art, boy?!” demanded Genma.
 
“Akane, you sure you'll be all right?” asked a concerned Kasumi as she handed Shinta his third rice helping.
 
“Who said you could train my baby girl?” searched a demon-head Soun.
 
Shinta and Ranma finished their meals before excusing themselves and headed for the dojo.
 
“See Tendo? It was all a bluff,” Genma commented with a chuckle. “There's no way a son of mine will train a girl in my art.”
 
Soun's demon head turned to his old friend. “Are you saying that my daughter can't learn any martial arts?”
 
Akane left to get the answer straight from the right horse's mouth.
 
----------
 
As Akane entered the dojo, she saw Shinta sitting with a small smile on his face. Ranma stood to his right with a similar smile. Akane did not know weather to be annoyed or curious about the looks.
 
“What have you come here for?” Shinta asked seriously. “Did you come here for answers or did you come here to get stronger?”
 
Akane was taken aback at the direct question. Why did she follow them to the dojo? Was it just to get an answer from Shinta, or was it to pester him into accepting her as a student?
 
“Choose your answer carefully, and honestly,” stated Ranma. “This will affect our decision.”
 
Akane thought for a moment before she remembered a promise she made to herself long ago. Her face grew serious, as she looked Shinta straight in the eyes. “I want to be stronger. I want to learn all you are willing to teach me. I want to be able to hold my own against any opponent that challenges me. And I want my full potential to be realized.”
 
Shinta just held the gaze looking into her eyes for the truth behind her words. He then smiled broadly at her and stood up. “Congradulations Akane. You just passed the first test.”
 
“Test?” she asked confused.
 
“Yes. We had to see if you were willing to face the hardships that will come,” answered Ranma. “According to Shinta, you would just follow us `till you got an answer, then that would be it.”
 
Akane blinked. She was going to do that until Shinta made her question herself. Again she was amazed at Shinta's perception, but it still rubbed her the wrong way.
 
“The next test will be more physical,” said Shinta. “You can change if you want, or we can begin right now.”
 
Akane looked down at her jogging attire and decided that it would be fine. She nodded to the brothers to signal her readiness. Shinta nodded to Ranma who walked behind Akane and closed the doors then stood off to the side.
 
“Before we can teach you any moves, a certain level of speed is required,” Shinta stated. “Without the right amount of speed, some of the moves could cause serious harm to your body.”
 
Akane blinked. “But aren't those the advanced moves?” she asked, nervousness evident in her voice.
 
“Well we could start at the beginning and teach you the right way to throw a punch,” Ranma commented dryly. “We're giving you a chance to skip a lot of the basics, since Shinta a says you already know them.”
 
“The Saotome branch focuses mostly on speed and form in its techniques,” explained Shinta. “The Tendo branch is primarily iron defense and raw power, or am I wrong?”
 
Akane nodded dumbly at is explanation. He only sparred with her once, and watched her fight the hoard of boys once. Yet he surmised the basis of many of the techniques her father taught her years ago. He could give Nabiki a run for her money, if he wanted to, she thought slyly.
 
“Now for your next test: a game of tag.”
 
Akane blinked. “Did you just say `a game of tag'?”
 
Ranma nodded. “Yep, and you're `it'. Now you need to tag me before we are able to move on.”
 
“What about Shinta?” she asked nervously. I couldn't touch him in our sparring match, there's no way I can catch both of them.
 
“I will be watching to make sure Ranma doesn't make it to difficult for you,” Shinta replied. “Now, whenever you're ready, begin.”
 
Akane quickly ran for Ranma who just stood still. Just before she reached him, he jumped to the right and Akane nearly smashed into the wall.
 
“Agility is another factor you need to work on,” Shinta commented from the entrance of the dojo. “Ranma is very agile, however he can only dodge in one direction.”
 
Ranma sent a quick glare at his brother then turned his attention back on Akane.
 
---------------
 
Akane collapsed on the floor when Shinta called for a break. She was coated in sweat, making her look like she just went for a swim in her clothes. She panted heavily again and again to regain her breath. She couldn't remember the last time she felt this exhausted after an `exercise.' Ranma only had a thin sheen of sweat over his ruggish boy looks. Akane shook her head as she toweled off.
 
How can he move like that and only be slightly winded? She wondered as she watched the two siblings talk about her progress in the last few hours. “So how did I do?” she asked hoarsely.
 
Ranma was about to comment when Shinta stomped on his foot.
 
“ITE!!” Ranma started hopping around while rubbing his foot. The sight made Akane smile a little.
 
“Keep your mouth shut, or we might lose our first student,” Shinta said hotly. “You made very fast progress,” he continued calmly. “We will be doing this every day until you can nearly match his speed.”
 
Akane's face fell as she heard those words. “Are you saying that until I can catch Ranma, you won't teach me any moves?”
 
“Not really,” commented Ranma. “As your speed and agility increase, the number of moves from our school we will be able to teach you will also increase.”
 
Shinta started walking out of the dojo. “If you two get cleaned up in the next 15 minutes, I'll treat ya out for lunch.” He smiled as he shut the door on the empty dojo.
 
------------------------------
 
The teen trio walked down the street talking and laughing the entire time.
 
“You know we're not suppose to enjoy our punishment,” Akane commented dryly.
 
Ranma just shrugged as he jumped up on a near-by fence. “Never really went to school much, remember? We try to make the most of any situation we're in.”
 
“So that's why you were training this morning, right?” she asked.
 
Shinta nodded as he jumped up to join his brother. “And why we're continuing your training now. Hop up here.”
 
Akane blinked then gestured to the sundress she was currently wearing. “If I start running around on fences, any pervert could get a free show.”
 
“So you normally charge them?” Shinta asked surprised.
 
“What did you say?” Akane growled angrily. They could be so nice, helpful and caring one minute; and then become so rude, and insulting the next.
 
Shinta just laughed. “Girl, you gotta know when to take a joke.”
“It wasn't funny,” the offended girl replied as she started walking away.
 
Ranma just scratched his head. “What's with her? Eventually the jibbing would turn to one of us.”
 
Shinta watched the girl's posture and frowned. “I think we might have treaded on a sore spot.”
 
Ranma looked confused. “What do you mean?”
 
“I'll explain later. Let's just head back for now, then we can start the sword training.”
 
Ranma groaned but nodded anyway.
 
------------------
 
Nabiki walked home with a small look of worry on her face as she glanced at the envelope in her hand. What am I going do? She thought as she remembered what happened earlier that day
 
Flashback—
 
“What?!?! Do ye speak the truth?” asked a frenzied Kuno.
 
“A tall blond that likes Chinese clothes, and is good at swords? Yeah I met her,” Nabiki replied casually. There's only one person he could be talking about.
 
Kuno started laughing madly. “At last! I have a way to contact her. If she believes that one can defeat me once, and not receive any retribution, then she thinks wrongly.” He quickly wrote out a letter in the traditional style and handed it to Nabiki. “See that she receives this right after school.”
 
Nabiki held out her hand as Kuno placed the letter and a small amount of bills in her hand.
 
End---
 
“I guess I'll give it to him,” she sighed as she walked into the Tendo compound. If there was one thing that was absolutely true about Nabiki: it was that she never left a job undone, especially after receiving payment.
 
She was about to walk in and ask Kasumi if she knew where Shinta was, when a frustrated yell came from behind the dojo. Curiosity won the fight and she went to see what was going on. What she saw caused her cool impassive domineer to fall big time.
 
Ranma and Shinta stood apart from each other breathing hard. Sweat gleamed off their bear tops, making them look like a pair of Greek gods rather than a pair of teens. Nabiki watched hypnotized as the two brothers moved fluidly through separate complex slow katas. Each movement was placed perfectly, each step precise, their balance never wavered once. Their muscles rippled as they flexed or turned, the sight would give any girl nice dreams for the rest of her life. Soon they stood facing each other, bowed, and started drying the sweat off.
 
“You're gonna trap flies if you mouth stays open any longer,” Shinta called.
 
It took Nabiki's lust logged brain ten seconds to realize two things: 1) Shinta was looking right at her and 2) She was without her camera. She quickly gathered what little pride she had left, walked up to Shinta, and handed him the letter. “Here,” she said before turning to hide her small blush. Why am I acting like this?
 
“'To the Blonde-haired Beauty',” Ranma read over Shinta's shoulder. “Who's this from?”
 
“It's from Kuno,” Nabiki replied with her back to them trying to regain her composure. “It's for Shinta's girl side. He thinks you're two separate people.”
 
“Oh.” Shinta opened the letter and read. “'Tonight, at six thirty-three, I shall meet thee on the field of soccer at Furinken High. ---Kuno'”
 
“I guess the idiot hates to lose,” commented Ranma dryly. “You going?”
 
Shinta looked at his brother and smirked. “If the boy wants to lose in a fair fight, then who am I to deny him that?”
 
“Don't forget, he's expecting your girl form,” said Nabiki as she walked away. “And I want a full detail of the fight when you get back.”
 
------------------
 
Shinta-chan tapped her foot as she looked over the field. It was six thirty and Kuno had yet to show up. The time of our confrontation is soon, but what's wrong with being early? She thought irritably. She had been waiting for the past ten minutes, hoping to get it over before dark, but with the sun hanging low on the horizon, she seriously doubted it.
 
“Such beauty can only be held in the eye of the worthy, as I am yet to be,” said a voice to her right.
 
Shinta-chan turned to see Kuno walking out of the sunset, like some legendary samurai. Gotta give him credit for dramatic entrances, she thought as he approached her.
 
“It is now precisely 6:33, the time when the sun is at it's most magnificent,” Kuno commented while looking at said item.
 
“Taking your eyes off an opponent can really cost ya, bozu,” Shinta-chan yelled to get his attention. What's with him? “Hey, where's that stick of yours?”
 
Kuno smirked. “I have no need of it, for now,” he replied.
 
Shinta-chan also smirked. “Your ego must make you mighty confident.” Or stupid.
 
“I'm confident enough,” he turned to face her, “to give you… THIS!” He threw something at Shinta-chan who instinctually caught it. Rose petals slowly started falling around the tall girl, as the item was a bouquet of roses. The unexpected item caused Shinta-chan's mind to shut down momentarily.
 
Kuno turned around and started walking away. Just out of earshot, he looked over his shoulder. “I love you,” he said evenly before he resumed walking into the sunset.
 
Shinta-chan's mind was already a bit jumbled, but after it registered the fact that Kuno, a boy, just proposed his love to her, well….
 
“GET BACK HERE YOU!!!!!”
 
-----------------------
 
Kuno awoke and realized he was not in his bed, or the school infirmary. He also had a splitting headache. As he massaged his head, he became aware of something taped to his face. He quickly removed the item to see it was a note, it read:
 
`Dear sicko hentai pervert,
I will not now, nor EVER, return your feelings. I will find better companionship in a woman, than a dillusionary boy like you. For your health, and my sanity, STAY AWAY from me and the other Saotomes. If you do not comply, I will not be held responsible for the pain that will be inflicted upon you.'
 
Kuno stared wide-eyed at the words written on the page. Unfortunately for Shinta, Kuno only read parts, and filled in the rest with what he thought Shinta-chan meant.
 
“Oh, my fair goddess! To think she prefers the company of the fairer gender, then my glorious self. Fear not, my Golden-haired Woman, I shall free you of whatever witchcraft covers your latent desire for me.”
 
Kuno then proceeded for his home to determine a plan. Me thinks I must employ Nabiki's talents, before I can do anything else.
 
--------------------
 
Meanwhile a VERY pissed blonde stormed through the front door of the Tendo compound.
 
“Hey, Shinta,” called Ranma. “How'd the… oh…” Ranma trailed off as he saw the look in his current sister's eyes. They were the eyes of someone who was crazy enough to do anything. “Umm… There's a good collection of dummies and cinder blocks behind the dojo.”
 
Shinta-chan merely nodded before heading off in the general direction of the dojo.
 
“What was that about?” asked a curious Akane.
 
Ranma gave a frustrated sigh while he rubbed the back of his head. “Don't tell him I said anything, `kay?”
 
Akane nodded, now interested.
 
“Shinta's got a dangerous temper. If he is pushed to far, well things get… messy, to say the least.”
 
“Really? The way he acts all calm and in control, I would never have guessed.”
 
“He says his anger is like a giant bomb with a long fuse. It takes a lot to get him angry, but when it happens…” Ranma just shuddered.
 
“I can't be that bad, can it?” Worry started to edge its way into Akane's voice.
 
A large crash got the attention of everyone in the house, and they all ran to see what it was. The sight before them was something out of a war torn battlefield. Over ten training dummies laid scattered in various states of destruction. The large pile of cinder blocks was now a large pile of sand. Shinta stood in the center of the destruction in a shallow crater. He was breathing slow deep breaths his sword was out and hung loosely in his left hand. A faint glow surrounded him before he trusted his arms up in the air.
 
“MAKEN DOKOKU HA!!!!” He cried as a red sphere of energy rocketed out of his hands towards the sky, where it vanished. Shinta sighed deeply before he collapsed on the ground from pure exhaustion.
 
End for now
 
A/N: Well, what do you think? How is Shinta able to use ki so early? What is the secret behind Shinta's sword? And will Kuno like the answers he receives from Nabiki? These and other question will be reviled in the next chapter: Lost Boy, Lost Friend.