Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's Brother ❯ Kuno-- The Lost Cause ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Once again, I do NOT own Ranma or his friends or family. Except for Shinta and Shinta-chan. The kamis Red and Pink cannot be controlled by any mere mortal, so don't try it.
 
A/N: How many times must I say it? Shinta is NOT uber powerful, nor is he going to take over Ranma's role. Geesh!
 
Also, I'm sorry about the long update. Real life can be a bitch. Another thing: the title is not a typo. I was gonna have Ryoga show up here, but changed my mind as the chapter got pretty long.
 
Now story time.
 
Ranma's Brother Ch-4: Kuno: the Lost Cause
 
 
“Are you sure we don't need to call Dr. Tofu?” asked a very worried Akane.
 
Ranma nodded. “This has happened a couple times before. All he needs is a nice long rest.” Even though he sounded calm, Akane could see the worry in his eyes.
 
“He caused damage like this before?” asked Nabiki. This could become problematic with our expenses. Then again, the amount he's paying for my services more than covers the current amount of damage.
 
Ranma gave a frustrated sigh. “Shinta made me promise not to talk about his… `problem' with other people. Only he can really answer your questions anyway.”
 
Akane glared at a mound of sheets and fur. “I can't believe your father can just sleep like that, after what happened.”
 
“Angry villagers aren't after him, so why should he care?”
 
Ranma, Akane, and Nabiki looked down to see Shinta opening an eye and cracking a smirk.
 
“How long was I out this time?” Shinta asked tiredly.
 
“About two hours,” replied his brother. “Kasumi is keeping your dinner warm, and Tendo-san and Pop just finished cleaning up the mess.”
 
Shinta just nodded.
 
An uneasy silence settled in the room, only broken by the occasional snore or grunt from a sleeping panda.
 
“Hey, Ranma?” asked Shinta. “Why don't you check on my dinner?”
 
Ranma gave his older brother a questioning look before understanding crept into his eyes. He then got up and left the room, leaving Shinta with the two sisters.
 
Shinta slowly sat up despite the protests of the girls. “Okay, shoot.”
 
Akane and Nabiki looked at each other then looked at Shinta strangely.
 
He just smirked. “I wasn't asleep the entire time and I heard your interest in my… `problem.' So, what do you want to know?”
 
The Tendo sisters started to fidget nervously until Nabiki found her voice. “What, exactly, was that attack we saw?”
 
Shinta blinked for a second before he smiled. It wasn't a sad smile but one that looked like a mix of pride and regret. “That was my chi attack.”
 
“Chi?” chorused the sisters.
 
He nodded. “Yeah. Chi is the energy the body and mind produce through years of training. Most use their chi to strengthen their bodies, while others use it to further certain types of meditation. However, very few people can find ways of manifesting it similar to what you saw.” He sighed. “But I wish I'd found a better way to control my energy.”
 
“What do you mean?” asked Akane. Both she and Nabiki were hanging on every word he said.
 
“One of the easier ways to manifest an attack like I have is to lock on to a strong emotion that comes naturally to you, then focus your energy through that feeling. Eventually, you will be able to do something similar.”
 
“Can Ranma do something like that?” Akane interrupted.
 
“No I can't,” replied said boy. “At least not as well. I haven't reached the same level of energy.” Ranma then sat down a try filled with food for Shinta, which he started eating eagerly.
 
Akane blushed a little, as she didn't expect him to be back so fast. “I-I didn't mean…”
 
Ranma laughed. “Don't worry. Besides, Shinta has help from his sword.” He quickly shut his mouth as soon as the words left it. Oops. I shouldn't have said that. The look his brother gave him confirmed that thought.
 
“His sword?” asked Nabiki with a raised eyebrow.
 
Baka-bozu, thought Shinta. “It's a private matter, that shouldn't be brought up again.” He said angrily. Then he took some deep breaths to calm himself. “Sorry.”
 
Nabiki just watched at the change in Shinta. He's touchy when it comes to that sword of his. Time for a little research on my part. “Why not?”
 
Shinta stopped eating to send a small glare at the middle Tendo sister. “It's personal,” he stated flatly. “You wouldn't like me diving into your life.”
 
Nabiki smiled secretly. “That depends on how much I want you to know about me.”
 
Akane blinked at her sister's statement. Nabiki is one of the most secretive people I know. Now she's giving out information about herself. I wonder why?
 
“Ne, Shinta-niisan,” said Ranma formally. “Would it really be bad if they knew?” he asked respectfully. “I mean, it's not like they would do anything wrong.” That statement got the girls attention.
 
Shinta finished his food then chuckled a little. “If I'm to reveal a deep secret of mine, then why don't you start?”
 
Ranma blinked then blushed. “N-now?”
 
His brother just smiled. “No… But I'll tell you two about the sword eventually. I just wish you'd give me some time to get to know you first. We've only been here a few days and you want me to tell you everything about me. That's unfair, wouldn't you agree Ranma?”
 
Ranma nodded. “I was out of line to ask that of you.”
 
“Don't worry to much, you just have to make it up in training,” Shinta replied smirking to show he wasn't too serious. Ranma still winced.
 
“Ano, Shinta?” asked Akane. “Will this impede on my training?”
 
Shinta blinked at the girl for a second then smiled. “No it won't. We'll just work harder tomorrow. Now if I'm gonna be a good sensei, I've gotta get some sleep. I'll see you all in the morning.”
 
-----------------------
 
At the crack of dawn, Akane awoke to a loud sound that caused her to fall out of her bed.
 
“Owwww…..” she moaned as she rubbed her head. “What the heck was that?”
 
“Your wake up call, Akane-chan,” replied an overly peppy voice. “It's time to start training.” It finished in a singsong.
 
Akane sat up and sent a death glare at the two smiling brothers that sat on her windowsill. “What are you two doing here?” she demanded.
 
Shinta forced a pout while Ranma looked confused. The funny sight caused some of the young Tendo's anger to be forgotten.
 
“Seriously tough,” Akane continued with a small smile, “what's with the early morning wake up?”
 
Shinta grinned. “We have a lot of things to cover today, to make up the lost time yesterday. Change into your gi and meet us in the dojo in five minutes. Unless you want to disobey your sensei.” With that, both brothers jumped out of the window and headed off to the dojo.
 
After yesterday's events, I don't want to think of what he would do if I tick him off. Akane quickly striped off her pajamas, changed her under garments, and put on her faded yellow gi. She smiled as she made her way downstairs. I have a feeling this is going to be a good work out.
 
She entered the dojo to a familiar sight. Shinta sat meditating while Ranma stood off to the side. Akane closed the door after her to keep some of the early morning chill outside, then stood patiently for instructions.
 
Shinta slowly opened his eyes and gave Akane a quick one over. “Not bad. But we're gonna have ta do something about that hair.”
 
Akane hugged her hair. “W-what do you mean?” she asked nervously.
 
Ranma just smiled kindly. “Don't worry. We won't force you to do anything you don't want to do. We were just going to point out some problems you might run into if you decide to keep your hair long.
 
Akane did not see the smile Shinta gave his brother, but she still relaxed.
 
“You might want to consider a new style,” commented Shinta. “The reason I try to keep my hair in a pony-tail when I'm a girl, is because it kept getting in my face. That made it hard to see at crucial moments in a fight. Ranma's lucky that his hair doesn't change length.”
 
Ranma blushed a little in embarrassment.
 
“But I was thinking,” Shinta continued. “If you don't want to get it cut, at least try and keep it in a long braid.'
 
Akane blinked. “Why should I do that?”
 
“Long hair can be a liability during a fight,” Ranma answered. “A particularly dishonorable person could try and use it to subdue you. If a person has a handful of you hair, it really hurts.” Ranma winced slightly at the memory of Shinta proving that point.
 
“If your hair is in a long braid, it makes for a smaller target for an opponent to grab,” continued Shinta. “Also, some people we trained with found ways to use long hair as a weapon.”
 
Akane looked at Shinta skeptically. “Really?” They nodded. “And how did they use their hair as a weapon?”
 
“One used it as a whip,” said Ranma.
 
“Another used it almost like a third arm,” added Shinta.
 
Akane smiled. “Now I know you're making stuff up.”
 
The brothers looked at each other then turned to their student. “Don't mock what you can't prove,” they said together.
 
Akane just waved them off. “I was joking. If gender and species changing curses exist, who am I to say what could or could not be in another part of the world?”
 
The brothers smiled at their student.
 
She's starting to trust us a little more, thought Shinta. Maybe this engagement won't be so bad. Ranma seems to have taken a small liking to her after all. He smiled a secret smile as he got up. “Okay. From now until breakfast, we work on some speed drills. Once you get them down, another game of tag until lunch.”
 
Akane gulped but nodded nonetheless.
 
------------------
 
Akane slid as deep as the furo would let her. Almost every part of her body ached. She had expected a thorough work out, but she did not expect the work out to consist of exercises that she never seen before. That had made her very nervous and she messed up more times than she would admit. But Ranma and Shinta never once berated her. Instead they showed her where she made the mistake, and helped her correct it. Actually, Ranma helped her more than Shinta.
 
Shinta did say he was better with his sword… the thought of the sword made many questions appear in her mind. How long has he owned that sword? How come he doesn't want anyone to know about it? And, how did no one else at school see the sword? These and other questions ran through her brain until she shook to clear it. Shinta said he'd tell me when he thinks I'm ready to understand. Whatever that means….
 
Akane slowly got out of the furo as she was starting to turn into a prune. As she was dressing she heard voices outside the bathroom door.
 
“All I'm saying is that we should trust her more,” said Ranma. “It's all this secret stuff that prevented many people from getting to know us.”
 
“Listen to yourself,” replied Shinta irritated. “We were always moving. We didn't have a lot of time to make close friends. And if we did, we'd just have to leave them behind when we left. It was less painful with the less people that knew us.”
 
Ranma scoffed. “That's bull shit, and you know it. I'm not as naïve as I used to be. You said it yourself that I should be more observant outside of martial arts, guess it's coming back to bite you in the ass now, huh?”
 
“Careful of the line you tread little brother,” said Shinta with an underline threat.
 
“Anytime, anywhere,” was all Ranma said before he opened the door. This caused Akane to fall down on the floor in front of them.
 
“Uh… don't mind me,” she said embarrassed. “The bathroom's all yours.” She then ran off to try and hide the blush she had.
 
“That was certainly a mood breaker,” Shinta commented dryly.
 
“Just think about what I said. Okay?” Ranma asked seriously.
 
Shinta sighed and nodded to get his brother to shut up.
 
-----------------
 
Nabiki let out a frustrated sigh as her on-line research was taking her nowhere. She had to try and find a maker, and then realized the sword had to be a family heirloom. She then tried to find swords that were of a similar design; this too, came up with nothing. Finally, she tried to see if maybe the sword was in the legends. But none of the swords had any of the marks that Shinta had on his.
 
She sighed again as she pushed away from her computer to give her eyes a little rest. This is a lot harder than I though. She glanced over at the clock to see it was almost lunchtime. Might as well get something to eat.
 
As she was leaving her room, she saw her sister run past with a nice rosy color to her face. Nabiki blinked then followed Akane to her room. She knocked politely then entered after Akane called her in.
 
Akane sat up on her bed when she heard her door close. “Nabiki? W-what are you doing here?” She asked still a little flustered.
 
Nabiki put on a concerned expression. “My little sister runs past me with her face as red as a tomato, and you think I wouldn't be curious?”
 
Akane's blush came back double. “N-nothing happened…”
 
Nabiki's eyes took on a calculating look. Maybe she walked in on the brothers again. Or better yet, THEY walked in on her. She might've gotten a nice eye full. Nabiki just walked over and sat down next to her sister. “Come on, I'm your big sis. You know you can talk to me.”
 
Akane giggled. “Then it'll be all over school on Monday.”
 
Nabiki forced her face to an expression of shock. “That's crazy!! I'd wait until at least Wednesday.” Both sisters started laughing.
 
“Seriously though,” said Nabiki after she recovered. “What was with the blush and the sudden nervousness? Is it Ranma?” Akane shook her head. “Did something happen during you training?”
 
Akane sighed. “No. It's… Well… It's Shinta. He doesn't seem to trust anyone but Ranma. Even though he's kind to everyone, it all seems to be a mask of some kind. I mean, you saw how he acted when we where trying to understand what happened last night.”
 
Nabiki nodded. “I see where you're coming from. Did you overhear a conversation about you?”
 
“Sort of.” Akane then told her sister what she heard while in the bathroom.
 
“So you were embarrassed at getting caught?” Akane nodded. “And here I thought you got a good look at that eye candy.”
 
Akane turned to look at her sister so fast Nabiki briefly wondered if she got whiplash. “W-what are you talking about?!”
 
Nabiki waved off her sister. “Don't worry about it. But from what you heard, they're hiding more secrets than just the curses. The best thing we can do right now is to let them tell us when they think we ready. That way we don't accidentally push them away. That work for you?”
 
Akane nodded. “Yeah, I guess.”
 
Nabiki smiled. “Thatta girl. Now come on, I think Kasumi is almost done with lunch.”
 
---------------------------
 
Monday afternoon found the older Saotome brother looking out of one of the windows of his classroom. The school day was almost over and the last teacher decided to give everyone a study hour. He had already finished his schoolwork from the other classes and was bored out of his skull. This is too easy. Pop should've let me take the entrance exam, instead of sending in two copies of Ranma's test. I hope I can find a way into more difficult classes. A familiar face at the door interrupted his mental rant.
 
“Moshi moshi, Ranma,” called Nabiki. “I've got a message for you.”
 
Ranma looked up from where he was talking with a couple of classmates. “Eh? Nabiki? What do you want?”
 
Nabiki just waved him over to not be overheard. When she was done whispering in his ear, Ranma went a little rigged then nodded. He then walked out of the room without a word.
 
What could that be about? Shinta silently followed his brother as he exited the building and headed for the side. Now this is curious, Shinta thought as he watched his brother seem to wait for someone.
 
“Saotome Ranma, why be ye here?” said an annoyingly familiar voice.
 
Shinta had to grip the side of the building so he wouldn't beat the living daylights out of the pervert.
 
Ranma sighed. “What do you want, Kuno?” Ranma dropped the honorific to show his distaste for the older boy.
 
“It's `Kuno-sempai' to you present,” was all the kendoeist said before handing Ranma a small stuffed panda.
 
Ranma just looked between the `gift' and the flustered/frustrated boy.
 
“Tell me why I must givith thee this!!” Kuno demanded.
 
Ranma just tilted his head to show his total confusion.
 
“To quoth the villainess Tendo Nabiki: `If you want to give her the gift, then you have to give it to Saotome Ranma or Saotome Shinta-kun.' Tell me: how do you and you brother know my Golden-haired Beauty!!”
 
Ranma's eyes lit up as he realized that Kuno was trying to give the bear to Shinta's girl-side. That's why Nabiki had me come here instead of Shinta. Ranma just tossed the bear back at Kuno. “Trust me when I say this: Don't mess with her. You won't like the results.” With that said, Ranma walked behind the delusional boy.
 
I hope the idiot gets the message now, thought Shinta as he started heading back to class. He stopped when he heard a tree fall.
 
----------------------------
 
“What a baka,” Ranma mumbled as he started to walk away. Suddenly he became very wet. She looked up to see a student shaking out the remnants of a bucket. What luck…. She thought irritably.
 
“Saotome!” cried Kuno. “What do thee mean that I should not cohort with my destined love?”
 
Kuso!! Ranma quickly looked for a hiding place, and then jumped into a nearby tree. Kuno rounded the corner a second later.
 
“Saotome! Does thee flee from my fury?” He took an angry swing at the nearest object; that just happened to be the tree Ranma-chan was hiding in.
 
Kuno turned to see a young red-haired girl sitting in the braches of the fallen tree. My word! Her beauty rivals that of my two loves, he thought happily as he added another girl to his imaginary harem. “Sweet girl. You are not, by chance, injured?” he asked as got dangerously close to Ranma-chan.
 
“Back off, Jerk!!” Ranma-chan yelled as she punched his face. I do NOT need this today. Or any day for that matter.
 
Kuno just brushed off the punch and embraced the pig-tailed girl. “My sweet, fragile flower, I shall never let you go.”
 
Ranma-chan's only response was to scream.
 
Ah! She cries in passion from a mere hug, Kuno's perverted mind misinterpreted.
 
“Gomen Ranma-kun. Was that too hot?” asked Nabiki.
 
“R-Ranma?” asked a confused Kuno.
 
“Okay honey,” said Ranma as he planted his foot in the upperclassman's face. “You can let go now.” He got up and sent a small glare at Nabiki. “Do you understand now, Kuno? See ya.”
 
“Hold it!!!” Kuno cried as he rose. “Where has thou hidden my goddess?”
 
Ranma and Shinta (who was listening in on the whole conversation) nearly fell on their faces.
 
“Uh… you see… that is…” Ranma tried to explain the situation, but couldn't get over the fact the boy saw his transformation, and still did not believe.
 
“Let me try, Ranma,” said Nabiki. “Ne, over here Kuno-chan.” Kuno walked over to the middle Tendo a waited for her explanation. “This one's free. You see; the golden-haired woman, and pig-tailed girl, both belong to the Saotome brothers. So they would have no interest in you. Do you understand?”
 
Shinta could sense the battle aura build around the wannabe swordsman.
 
“Tyrants!!!!!” cried Kuno as he slashed wildly at Ranma.
 
“What the hells your problem now?!!” Ranma yelled as he dodged for his life.
 
“Don't play me for the fool,” replied Kuno. “I can only imagine the horrors you and your bastard brother did to my loves. To think that you made them shun me is proof of your evil ways. My Golden-haired Beauty is so tormented, that she seeks comfort in the arms of another fair maiden. Therefore, if I smite thee and thy brother, my goddesses will come willingly to my open arms.”
 
The brothers only had one thought at the end of this tirade. What the hell is he SMOKING?!?!?!
 
“I still think you've got it wrong,” said Ranma as a way to try and sedate the crazed boy.
 
“Silence! If I defeat you, then I'll be able to free the ladies of my heart!” Kuno then did a horizontal slash that Ranma jumped over.
 
“So if you lose, you'll forget about them?” Ranma cried as he counter kicked Kuno. Kuno did not know that Ranma had a lot of experience with fighting opponents with swords. All Ranma had to do to finish it was remove the sword from Kuno, but something caught his eye.
 
“An opening!!” Kuno yelled as a blow struck home on Ranma's side.
 
Shinta had to resist running in and helping his brother. He'd never forgive me if I saved his ass every time he's in trouble. He watched, as Ranma seemed to grab a few pieces of paper out of the air while dodging Kuno's attacks. This seemed to enrage the boy more as his assault became more and more savage.
 
“You look elsewhere in battle,” Kuno commented as he continued to miss his target. “Do you think you can take me lightly?!” He cried as he tried to stab Ranma. Ranma leaned all the way back to avoid the blow, then rolled away backwards to regain his balance. This caused him to look up at Akane who was observing the fight.
 
“There's something I think you should know,” she commented. “When Kuno-sempai faces a male opponent, he's very skilled.”
 
Ranma just smirked. “And there's something I think you should know: You don't have to worry about a thing.” He then spring boarded back to the fight.
 
Kuno smiled as Ranma assumed another ready stance. “The game ends!” Cried Kuno as he held his bokken in front of him. “Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike!” Kuno's weapon blurred as several fast paced stabs were shot at Ranma.
 
Ranma twisted, turned, ducked, and jumped to avoid each attack. The stone pillar behind him, however, was not as lucky. The air pressure from the upperclassmen's attacks was causing it to crack and crumble, right on top of Akane.
 
“Look out!” Ranma cried turning his head away from Kuno for a second.
 
“IT ENDS!!!” Kuno yelled as he prepared the final blow.
 
“Eyes front, baka!” Akane shouted back in warning.
 
All Ranma did was raise his leg along Kuno's body, before flipping away. Kuno smirked once then fell over out cold.
 
The two sisters wondered what the heck happened and went over to check the unconscious boy.
 
“Wow!” Akane exclaimed after she flipped the down boy over. “Each blow has hit a vulnerable point on his body.”
 
Nabiki, too, was impressed at the youth's skill. “You kicked him? I didn't even see it.”
 
“Kuno-sempai didn't have much to him, did he?” Ranma asked as he worked out a couple of kinks in his neck.
 
Akane sent him a small glare. “What are you talking about? You got hit, didn't you?”
 
“Oh that? It doesn't even itch.” Akane walked over and poked it. “YEOW!”
 
“'Doesn't even itch' my ass!” laughed Shinta as he joined the group. “By the way, Ranma, what was it that caught you attention in the middle of the fight?”
 
“These.” Ranma handed Shinta and Akane what looked like pictures. Specifically, pictures of Akane working out.
 
“What the heck are you doing with pictures of me?” cried Akane.
 
“Yeah, bro. If you asked nice enough, I'm sure she would've modeled for you,” Shinta finished with a cheeky grin.
 
“Wha--? Kuno had these!” Ranma yelled back, obviously flustered.
 
Akane turned to her sister. “I thought you said you'd stop doing this.”
 
Nabiki held up her hands in defense. “I haven't sold him anything new. Those must be his favorite pictures.”
 
“Whatever,” said Shinta to bring attention back to him. “We need to take you to a doctor to get that wound looked at before it gets infected.”
 
“I'll take care of Kuno,” Nabiki said as she started dragging off the battered boy. “Why don't you head over to Dr. Tofu's?”
 
Shinta nodded. “Akane, please take my brother while I gather our stuff. I'll meet you two at his clinic.”
 
With that Akane and Ranma were left alone in the courtyard, both with a small blush on their faces.
 
 
-----------------
 
“Hello Akane,” greeted Dr. Tofu as she and Ranma entered the clinic. “What brings you and your new friend here?”
 
Akane suddenly got very nervous and started playing with her fingers. “Um… you see…”
 
“I got an injury during a sparring session with someone who used a sword,” Ranma said when he decided that Akane wasn't going to say anything for a while. “I was wondering if you could take a look at it for me.”
 
Tofu nodded then lead the two teens into the examining room.
 
“Now, tell me where you were injured.” Tofu's voice was no longer light and happy but serious and professional. It still held on to the warmth of a dear friend.
 
Ranma pointed to his right side. “He got a pretty good slice in,” he commented with a chuckle.
 
Tofu looked at the wound for about a minute before smiling. “You have nothing to worry about. It was a clean cut, so it should heal without any problems. I happen to have a special balm that works wonders on cuts, if you're interested.”
 
“Does that cost extra?” Ranma asked. All the doctors he had been involved with always wanted more money for special medicine.
 
Tofu blinked. “Didn't Akane tell you? I run a free clinic.”
 
Now Ranma blinked. “Really? Then how can you afford all this stuff?”
 
“Donations from some of my wealthier clients, as well as some well placed investments.”
 
“Wow,” was all Ranma could think of saying.
 
“Ah! Here's the balm that I was looking for.” Tofu then turned to Ranma. “The balm is a little messy. It would be easier to apply it if you would please remove your shirt.”
 
Ranma nodded and did so. Behind him Akane felt her face heat up as she looked at Ranma's body. The stone structured back had no fat on it at all. It was the kind of body people twice his age hope to achieve. To have that at his age meant that he spent almost every moment of his life training. Not that the end result is bad to look at…. Wait! Where did that thought come from?
 
“There you go Ranma, all done,” said the doctor as he washed up. “I want you to stop by tomorrow before school so I can see if it has healed right. It that okay?”
 
Ranma nodded as they heard the clinic's door chimes. “Hello? Anyone here? I brought your school stuff.”
 
“Shinta must be here,” said Akane as she rose from her chair. “It was nice to see you again Tofu-sensei.” She quickly bowed and left the room to meet Shinta out front.
 
“What's with her?” Ranma thought out loud as he re-dressed.
 
“Well she's always been such a sweet and caring girl,” Tofu commented as he looked at the door. “Please watch out for her, okay?”
 
Ranma scoffed. “Feh. She's a martial artist. What help does she need from me?”
 
More than you realize yet. Tofu then slapped Ranma on his lower back in a friendly gesture. “Just don't put off her kindness. Remember: stop by here before school.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Ranma then left to join his brother.
 
“Did you do it?” asked a voice.
 
“Yeah. But aren't they a little young to be getting married?”
 
“Yes, but doesn't mean that they can't fall in love in the meantime.” The voice then started laughing.
 
Tofu smiled as well. “I hope your brother doesn't catch you playing matchmaker.”
 
This made the voice laugh harder.
 
End for now
 
A/N: Holy Vacation, Batman!! Was this fic on a long hold, or what? R&R if you want. More reviews might make my muse stay home and help me write this fic. I hope to get to Ryoga intro in the next fic, but I'm not sure.