Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 4: Return of the Happosai/One Week ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 4: Return of the Happosai/One Week
 
Thanks to Tex, Blasterlion, Chris, and Danny for their help with this chapter.
 
Ranma heads back to his room to think. He decides to talk to Kasumi in private tomorrow. Her advice has been most helpful recently and he has some more questions to ask her. Meanwhile, Akane has finished her bath and gotten ready for bed. She grabs a framed picture and then stretches out on her bed, allowing her muscles to relax.
 
Staring at the picture, she cannot help but think of Ranma...
 
`He kissed those other three girls before me… why? Sometimes he really pisses me off…'
 
Akane takes a few deep breaths and then starts thinking again… she touches her lips for a moment. `I'll never get to kiss him again. It kinda felt good… maybe if... I mean we could...' After a deep sigh, Akane mutters a few words out loud to herself… "Great… I'm turning into a pervert..."
 
A little while later, before nodding off, Akane thinks about the fight. She had fought well- this was the best fight that she had ever been in... but at the end it looked like she was in a bit of a bind. `Was I going down at the end there? I got cut but it was the double-teaming that nearly did me in. I need something new and radically different for next weeks fight... but what? It has to be something that people wouldn't expect me to use, either…'
 
On that note, Akane falls asleep. Little did she know that the solution to her problem was secretly making his way over to the Tendo residence... his plan had worked out perfectly... and the cover up was bound to work, too...
 
“Sweeto! After this evenings little gift session, they'll all think I was a few hundred miles away and be totally clueless about the real culprit behind today's `Bombing'…”
 
The spry old man also known as Happosai entered the Tendo house and is greeted by silence. Soun and Genma just stare at the old man- since he was the one on the top of their suspect list for that little incident earlier. Nodoka is unaware of Happosai's reputation and greets him. He does a little bow and throws his sack on the table. Soun and Genma expect a collection of bras and panties to be inside... but when Happosai opens it up, their jaws drop to the ground.
 
“Just a few souvenirs from up north, I just got back from a little trip to Hokkaido...”
 
Genma cautiously eyed the collection of postcards, tea, and other trinkets that his Master has brought back. “You were all the way up there?”
 
“Yes… don't you trust your Master?”
 
Genma and Soun mumble a few things but start leafing through the pile of souvenirs.
 
“What does he mean by that, dear?” Nodoka asks her husband. He had failed to mention Happosai… and for good reason.
 
“Oh, this is the master of the Anything Goes Martial Arts, Happosai…” Genma says, wishing that he didn't need to expose his wife to this man and his perversions.
 
“Nice to meet you… I'm Ranma's mother Nodoka Saotome…”
 
“The pleasure is mine…” Happosai then does a little bow and then decides to continue his charade…
 
“Sooo… anything interesting happen while I was gone. If I recall right, wasn't their a fight today? Who ended up getting Ranma?”
 
“It's funny that you mention that…” Soun says while examining some of the trinkets on the table. “No one won…”
 
“How could that happen? I thought those four girls would have fought it out and that someone would've prevailed…” Happosai said as he feigned ignorance.
 
“Something happened to all of the girls… and my Ranma had to wake them all up with a kiss. He was real manly today…” Nodoka said as she started to think about her son.
 
As the evening goes on, Soun retires and heads off to bed. Happosai satisfied that the others won't make any accusations; heads back to his room and celebrates with some sake. Genma and Nodoka head back upstairs… Genma goes to sleep right away but his wife sits down next to Ranma and starts gently running her fingers through her sons' hair…
 
`I'm so happy to see you, Ranma… it's been so long… and I was so worried about you, especially after your father stopped writing me. He told me about some of your “adventures”… and how you saved people, especially Akane…'
 
Nodoka yawns and then goes into her futon and goes to sleep. This has been one of the happiest days of her life… she's found her son and he's manly… no need to use the sword.
 
 
The next day soon arrives and the morning sun shines throughout the Tendo house. It's a normal Sunday, except for the fact that Ranma's mother is there. She spends the morning talking with her son, trying to make up for lost time. She also asks him about something of the things she noticed earlier- his nervousness about dealing with the fiancées, nervousness about being hugged… nervousness about women in general. Ranma reluctantly agrees to talk about it, but in private. What Nodoka hears shocks her and gets her quite angry with her husband.
 
While this is going on, Akane heads over to the dojo to practice. Happosai notices this and heads on over to make a “proposal”…
 
Akane hears the door open and is surprised to see Happosai enter.
 
“What do you want?” Akane said, not appreciating the interruption.
 
“I heard about what happened yesterday… and I have a proposal for you…” Happosai said with a grin.
“Why would you help me out?” Akane said skeptically.
 
“Because you're one of my favorites…” Happosai said with a chuckle.
 
“Oh really?” Akane said as her defenses went up.
 
“I can help you win… I have techniques that the others will not even know about… or expect. All you have to do is ask…” With that, Happosai walks out of the dojo and chuckles. He knows that in the end Akane's pride will win out… she'll want to win at any cost…
 
Back in the dojo, Akane resumes her practice… and can't seem to shake the idea of listening to Happosai's proposal. `Do I really want to win that badly? Gods only know what kind of techniques he has up his sleeve…'
 
Kasumi walks into the dojo a little later and calls everyone in for lunch. Both Ranma and Akane are silent during lunch… and Genma cannot help but fidget because of the looks that his wife is giving him. Nabiki realizes something is going on but can't quite put her finger on it…
 
Happosai decides to bring a little conversation to the table…
 
"Thinking about the rematch?" Happosai said with a grin. “I'm sure Ranma is…”
 
Akane takes a glance at Ranma and then looks back at Happosai. This was it… she had to make a decision about this soon. “I'll give you your answer after lunch…”
 
“Well, you know where to find me…” With that, Happosai left the table and headed back to his room. He quickly dug out a few training scrolls that would be just perfect for Akane…
 
Ranma, ever the curious one, decides to ask,  "Akane, what's going on?"

“Oh, it's nothing. He offered to help me make up a new training routine that'll help me beat the other girls..." Akane said and then thought to herself. `I hope this helps me beat the other girls. They all have weapons, so I'm kinda of at a disadvantage... not that I'm about to tell him that.'
 
`What's Akane getting herself into now?' Ranma thought as he pondered what Happosai could have in store for her.
 
Akane pushes her now empty plate towards the center of the table and then stands up. “I'm done… and I have to do some more training…” Akane leaves the room and heads over to Happosai's room. Those around the table, with the exception of Nodoka, were very curious, as well as worried, about what had just happened.
 
A knock on the door signals Akane's arrival. “Come in, my dear…” Akane slowly opens the door and steps inside. After she shuts the door behind her, she takes a deep breath and sits down on the floor in front of Happosai.
 
"I may have a way to help you... if you learn the techniques that I'm thinking of, you can win despite their weapons..." Happosai smiled at Akane. He's just set up the bait... but will she take it?
 
"What kind of training did you have in mind?" Akane said with some skepticism. She knew that she was skirting the line, so to speak. Commitment to work with him depended on how he answered this question.
 
Happosai pauses and then carefully words his answer just right.
 
"Well, it's a combination of a few different methods. It'll allow you to dodge attacks and you'll also learn how to take the weapons away or use their own momentum against them. I have to warn you, it'll be vigorous training..."
 
"That doesn't bother me..." Akane thinks it over one last time before confirming her desire to learn these techniques of his. "When can we start?"
 
"How about in about an hour? Meet me in the dojo... and make sure you're wearing nice lingerie..."
 
Akane's eyes narrowed. "What the hell does that have to do with the training?"
 
Happosai immediately goes on the defensive and puts on an innocent face. "You'll see, just make sure you're wearing some, okay? See yah later!"
 
Happosai runs out of the room, hops out of an open window, and starts running away from the house. He's over a half mile away before he can suppress his laughter no longer...
 
'I can't believe she fell for that! I will teach what she needs to know to win, but I'll certainly have some fun while I'm doing it... and she'll probably be wearing fancy lingerie like I asked... happy day!'
 
Akane sighs and then heads out to the dojo. She breaks a pile of bricks that she had set up earlier and then begins to think to herself. `How's this going to help me? I do this all the time… but will it help me win on Saturday? I could've lost…'
 
Akane looks down at the broken remnants of brick and realizes something. `I could have lost… and I'm doing the same practice now. Maybe I should give up…'
 
After a short pause… Akane realizes that she can't give up. She just needs something different… and maybe this training with Happosai can be just that…
 
Around 1:30, Happosai comes back to the house and heads into the dojo. Peering inside, he finds Akane hitting a practice dummy.
 
"Are you truly prepared for this training? Some of these methods are quite intense..." Happosai says as he steps into the dojo.
 
"I have to win..." Akane takes a deep breath. "So, let's get started!"
 
Happosai nods his head and heads over to the center of the dojo.
 
"Okay. One of the first things you will have to learn is how to dodge quick jabs at close range- your opponents can use their weapons at close range. Kodachi and Ukyo can also hit you at a distance, but that's a different problem and a different technique."
 
Always the curious one, Akane asks about the name of the technique she is about to learn.
 
"It's called the 'Short Range Hentai Block'" he said with pride.
 
Akane's eyebrows go up immediately... she knows for certain that he is gonna be using some perverse techniques on her. She realizes that she has to do this, though. Winning is the only option... for her pride, her family, and for Ranma- who only could be her friend if she loses, nothing more.
 
"Ready?"
 
Akane mumbles to herself... 'So that's why he wanted me to wear lingerie...' After a quick nod, she prepares herself for the worst. 'The other girls won't know what hit them... the things I do for fami... err for Ranma...'
 
Akane blushes and Happosai just stares at her, wondering what's going on.
 
"Akane, prepare yourself..."
 
Akane gets her guard up just as Happosai lunges towards her. She blocks his advances and tries to dodge them, a few of his blows get through and she can feel his hands on her chest...
 
"Get the hell off me, you little pervert!" Akane yelled as her battle aura started to show.
 
"It's all part of the technique, you have to block and also learn to dodge my blows. Otherwise, this is what happens..." Happosai holds up Akane's white bra to show her how easily he got to her.
 
"Why you...!" Akane tries to grab her bra from his grasp, but to no avail. She does manage to grab him, however, and throws him across the room. He lands without injury and stares at her for a moment before resuming his attack...
 
"Round two!" Happosai drops the bra to the ground and rushes at lightning speed towards Akane.
 
"I'm ready for you this time!"
 
Happosai feigns a frontal attack and hops over Akane, latching his legs onto her shoulders so he can hang upside down. A moment later, Akane feels an unwelcome pinch on her behind...
 
"Your opponents won't always attack from the front, yah know..."
 
Akane is nearly ready to kill Happosai at this point. She grabs his legs and throws him across the room for the second time. She now knows to watch both the front and the rear whenever he makes a move.
 
"Try again!"
 
"You asked for it... round 3!"
 
15 minutes later... "I'm not done yet! Round 45!" A frustrated female voice shouted.
 
"I think you're finally getting the hang of it, so this will be the last round. Tomorrow we'll work on using the opponent's momentum against them, you'll have to dodge and/or block me... and at the same time look for an opening to grab my fist and throw me to the ground or across the room..."
 
"Fine. Now, try and grab me again, you pervert!"
 
"You asked for it..."
 
Two minutes later... Happosai was whistling while twirling a pair of panties with his fingers. Akane's bra is draped over his left shoulder.
 
"Make sure you wear something nice for tomorrow... I really liked your choice of underwear today..." Happosai said as he walked out of the dojo, very happy with his day's work.
 
Meanwhile Akane was kneeling on the floor looking mortified. "Ranma makes this look so easy... he just hits him and down the pervert goes. Even Shampoo and Ukyo can smash him..."
 
After spending some time thinking to herself, Akane decides to head back into the house for a snack, all of this training has made her quite hungry. She digs out some chips and soda and relaxes in the dining room. No one appears to be around... which is just perfect for her. She can be alone with her thoughts...
 
'I really need to get serious here... Happosai is really good and I need to get better and fast, otherwise I'll never beat him and I may lose to the other girls...'
 
That last thought strikes her like lightning, she cannot bear to think about what her life would be like if she lost... the consequences would be disastrous. One thing holding her back is her anger, it makes her lose her focus. 'I was doing pretty good in those last rounds... but then he got me angry and I dropped my guard. That pervert got my bra and panties…'
 
'Well, the first thing to do is... only wear the sets I can't stand anymore or that are too small...' Akane said to herself then added- `And then I've got to work on my speed… and anger...'
 
A determined looking expression is on Akane's face when Ranma walks into the room. He is very curious about what's going on... he heard that she had been training with Happosai... and he is concerned about her well being...
 
"Akane... are you okay?"
 
Akane doesn't want to tell him how difficult the training is for her or how she is not faring too well with the technique. She lets her pride answer this question...
 
"Of course, Ranma. I'm doing fine... and I'm sure I'll win!"
 
"He dug up some old techniques to show you, didn't he?"
 
"Well, let's just say it involves a lot of hands on techniques..." Akane said with a slight hint of disgust in her voice.
 
Ranma nodded and then his eyes are drawn in by the excessive cleavage she's showing. Akane failed to realize that Happosai's last maneuver loosened up her gi… but Ranma, ever the observant one, happens to catch this. "Akane... why didn't you wear your..." Ranma stopped and came to a realization about what happened to Akane during the training - Happosai took her bra.
 
"You pervert! I knew you'd look at them!" She slapped him and then ran away smiling happily as she realized that “Ranma finally noticed me!”
 
Ranma puts his hand on his cheek and wonders what's up with Akane... 'Akane... I just don't understand her sometimes...'
 
When Akane gets back to her room she realizes that she's happy that Ranma was looking at her like that... `I'm turning into a pervert... that old man's training is already messing me up. If one day messed me up like this, imagine a whole week…' Akane dismisses the thought and spends the rest of the afternoon relaxing and mentally preparing herself for the next day's training. That evening, Ryoga stops by to see how she's doing...
 
Akane heads down to the dining room and finds Ryoga is waiting there… he's uneasy about the comments he heard from her yesterday and is very nervous when she looks at him.
 
"Hi, Akane..."
 
"Back to steal another kiss?" Akane said with an angry tone of voice. “What's next?”
 
"Umm... I can explain that..." Ryoga said as he moved back a few steps.
 
Akane looked at him and sighed. "I have to train some more... no way am I going to lose to those bimbos."
 
Ryoga is very curious about her training and decides to find out what kind of training she is doing.
 
"Akane, are you training alone or is someone helping you?"
 
"Look Ryoga, don't worry about that. I can take care of myself..." After a brief pause, she yawns. "Look, I have to rest up for tomorrow's training... maybe we can TALK later…"
 
Not wanting to anger Akane further, Ryoga takes his leave. He walks out and then immediately begins to think to himself... 'She really wants to win, I can tell. I can't interfere with this match... the girls would kill me. I feel a little better since I talked to her… but she's still pretty mad with me…'
 
After wondering around for a little bit, Ryoga ends up in front of Ukyo's restaurant. The wonderful smells coming from within make him realize how truly hungry he is.
 
Ukyo is surprised to see Ryoga walk through her door; she stops her cooking/training and greets him.
 
"Come on in, Ryoga. I was just doing some training and making a new dish... do you want something to eat?"
 
Ryoga's stomach answers that question for him, the answer is loud enough for Ukyo to hear...
 
"I'd better get you something fast; it sounds like you're starving!"
 
Ryoga puts a hand on his stomach. "Maybe..." He quickly takes a seat and starts to chow down the moment the food is placed in front of him.
 
"Soo... what's my partner in crime up to?" Ukyo said with a chuckle. She has fond memories of them from the Toma incident as well as their failed plot in the haunted cave to draw on. Ryoga stops eating and tries to figure out what she meant...
 
"Oh, never mind. What brings you my way today?" Ukyo says after noticing Ryoga's sudden pause.
 
"Well, I was wondering around after visiting Akane and I ended up over here..."
 
Curious, Ukyo asks, "What's she up to?"  Akane had asked for a rematch so Ukyo thought it best to get as much from him as she could.
 
Ryoga pauses eating again and tells her what he seen over at the Tendo residence.
 
"I think she's serious about winning... she looked very determined and was doing some kind of training regiment..."
 
"Join the club... I don't get their relationship, either."
 
"I don't understand her... she hates Ranma one moment and likes him the next...”
 
"Thanks, Ryoga. I know that I'll definitely have to train hard and I know that Akane was serious about her desire for a rematch with me and the other girls. I'd better get back to my training..."
 
Ryoga pushes the now empty plate forward and bows before Ukyo.
 
"Thank you for the wonderful food. I feel a lot better…”
 
"Anytime, Ryoga. See yah later!”
 
Ryoga waves goodbye and then heads out of the cafe and out to the open street. He feels a bit better after that wonderful food... but is still concerned about this fight and what could happen as a result of it.
 
The next couple days go by in a normal fashion, all four girls continue their training, preparing for the fight. Kodachi is working with her classmates at school and honing her technique... Ranma notices a sign on the Cat Cafe and then knows what Shampoo is doing for training...
 
"Hmm... Cat Cafe closed until further notice. Owner and assistant are training in the mountains... I guess she's also serious about this fight."
 
Ranma sighs and then bemoans his fate. 'Why does everyone want to run my life? I wish I could just make my own choice on who I like and who I... l... love.' Ranma gulps and then blushes. After taking a moment to compose himself, he continues to walk up the street. A minute later, he hears the rapid pounding of feet behind him. Ranma, expecting the worse, prepares for a fight. When he turns around, he finds Mousse standing there.
 
"This is all your fault! Now I may lose Shampoo!" Mousse yelled.
 
Ranma takes a deep breath and tries and calm Mousse down...
 
"Look, I know I shouldn't have said that... but this' got to end sometime.  I think it would've happened sometime. But... Do you want to try and call this off? The girls would kill us if we tried to do that."
 
Mousse nods his head to that comment, he knows that it is quite true... and it would put them on their bad sides for sure... Ranma continues to speak.
 
"As for Shampoo..."
 
"You still may end up with her, you know. She's good with her bonbori's, and for some reason she really does want to be with you... but then again, so do your other fiancées..."
 
"I know that, too... I wish everyone would let me make my own choices, but I guess that ain't happening. If Shampoo loses, that'll be your chance... I believe she'll be free of her Amazon obligation towards me..."
 
"That's true..."
 
"Hey, I gotta get going here, they're expecting me back at the dojo..."
 
"I guess I'll see you on Saturday... when this all comes to an end..."
 
Mousse silently lowers his head and tries not to think about what would happen if Shampoo wins. Ranma departs and can't help but notice the sad look on Mousse's face... 'Everything's messed up around here... and I really can't do a thing about it... at least until the match is done...'
 
When Ranma returns to the Tendo home, he can hear an argument coming from his room. He sneaks up to the door, presses his ear against it, and starts to listen in…
 
“You're very lucky that I haven't used my sword, Genma… Ranma told me all about you and your training… what were you thinking? I can see why my son has issues with women… and fiancées…”
 
All Genma can do is sputter a few words in his defense… he definitely is in fear of losing his life at this point. Ranma mentally agrees with every word that he has heard from his mother… his father was supposed to teach him about certain things… but all Genma could think about was the art and his own selfish desires.
 
“For Ranma's sake… I'm not going to call in the agreement. If anyone has been unmanly, it's you…”
 
Nodoka's words pierce Genma's soul. He finally gets to see his wife… and it's turning out the exact opposite as he had hoped. Ranma steps back as he hears the door open… his father trudges out and heads down the hallway. Ranma decides to be silent until his dad is out of sight. Before he can move a single step, his ears pick up the sound of crying.
 
“Why me? I was so happy to see my husband and son… but Genma went astray. My Ranma…” Nodoka puts her hands over her face and continues to sob.
 
Ranma slowly walks out of the corner where he was standing and heads towards his room. Before he can enter the room, his mother hears his footsteps and lowers her hands. “Ranma?”
 
“Mom… are you alright?”
 
Nodoka dries her eyes and then motions her son to sit down next to her. Before Ranma can say a word, he finds himself in a very tight hug…
 
“Ranma… I'm sorry… so sorry…”
 
“Mom… umm… don't worry… I'll be fine…” Ranma did his best to mask the building rage he was feeling towards his father- she's crying because of learning about the last ten years…
 
“I wish I could've seen you sooner… to help you. When I stopped getting letters from your father, I became really worried. I thought something bad happened to you two…”
 
If only you knew…' Ranma says to himself. `My world has been turned upside down since I got here… I haven't had many happy moments…'
 
“Mom… I'm ummm…” Ranma struggles to express his feelings. “I'm happy that you're here…”
 
Nodoka smiles and leans against her son. For the first time in a very long time, Ranma has a mother/son moment with his mother. A few minutes later, Ranma notices Happosai walking by near the far end of the hallway. Akane has constantly dodged his inquiries about the training that she's doing… he reasons to himself. `Maybe if I ask the old man directly he'll tell me what's going on… and he better not be hurting her or I'll…'
 
“Mom, I'll be back… I need to do something…”
 
“Ranma… thank you for comforting me…” Nodoka said as she stood up and straightened out her kimono. “I think I'll go and find your father before he does something drastic…”
 
Ranma knows he could've made a comment about that, but he decides to set his sights on a different problem. Nodoka heads out of the house to search for her husband while Ranma walks up to Happosai…
 
“How can I help you, Ranma?” Happosai says as he turns around. Ranma is caught off guard for a moment, he could've sworn that the old man hadn't seen him coming.
 
“I want you to tell me something…”
 
“Go ahead…” Happosai said as he tried to figure out what Ranma was about to ask.
 
“What kind of training are you doing with Akane? She won't tell me…”
 
“Worried about Akane, aren't you?” Happosai said with a grin.
 
Ranma tries not to blush but at the same time doesn't want to dodge the issue. “I hope you aren't using those super soba noodles again… I don't wanna see Akane with whiskers again…”
 
“No, nothing like that. No magic noodles or potions… just good old `hands on training'…” Happosai said with a slight smirk.
 
“Oh really…” Ranma said skeptically. “What kind of `hands on training'…?”
 
“Sorry, I can't tell you. Of course, if you want to learn some new techniques later, all you have to do is ask… and be in female form…” Happosai couldn't help but chuckle and hope that Ranma would eventually want to learn these techniques as well.
 
“I think I'll pass… but you better not hurt her or else!”
 
Happosai quickly deflected the threat. “Don't worry, Ranma… she'll win… I know how much you like that girl…”
 
With that, Happosai hopped off and headed down to his room. He soon departs on one of his panty raids…

Ranma stands there after Happosai leaves and thinks about what's been going on lately. His world seems to be changing every second… and will change drastically again soon. Saturday is not that far away… and Akane and the other girls will face off once again.
 
Akane, who had just finished her cool down exercises, enters the house and heads upstairs. `At least that pervert didn't get my underwear today…' As she walks down the upstairs hallway, she is surprised to see Ranma silently standing there.
 
Ranma notices Akane and begins to speak…
 
“Akane… I… umm… want you to stop training with Happosai…”
 
Akane narrows her eyes. “Why should I?” Akane cannot help but think… `Why is he asking me to do this? I'm doing this for…'
 
“I talked to the old man… and he told me that you two were using `hands on' techniques. I'm umm…” Ranma stops speaking as he realized what his next words were going to be. Akane looks at him curiously and can tell by his expressions what he was going to say.
 
“Look, Ranma… I gotta win… and don't worry, I can handle his `training'…” She looked at Ranma in annoyance for a moment before flashing him a smile as she realized that he was showing that he -was- concerned about her. “Thanks for worrying about me… but this is something I got to do for myself. I'm supposed to get some special gift on Friday at the end …”
 
“I bet that old man is gonna get you some underwear or something…” Ranma said as he mentally pictured what kind of “gifts” Happosai was bound to give Akane.  Unfortunately once he pictured the 'gifts', he also pictured Akane wearing them.  When Ranma' s mind suddenly began flashing images of Akane wearing only a bra and panties, his eyes opened wide.  When his imagination suddenly decided that it was not wild enough to meet with the perverts satisfaction he began 'seeing' Akane in less and less which had the result of Ranma standing in front of Akane with a stupid look on his face.  Eyes opened wider than Kasumi's biggest plates, a littel drool running out the corner of his mouth and a slight dribbling of blood from his nose.
 
Akane chuckles. “You know, you're probably right… I wouldn't put it past him…” She stops chuckling as she notices the strange look on his face.  "Pervert," she mumbled but for the first time, she couldn't bring herself to mallet him.  'Weird...' she said mentally.
 
Shaking his head to clear it, Ranma takes a moment to look at Akane. There was something about her… that just seemed to get his attention. Sometimes it was in a positive way… sometimes negative. Akane notices Ranma staring at her.
 
“Well, I think I'm going to clean up and go to bed… good night, Ranma…” she told him though she was wondering why she didn't hit him for being a pervert... 'Am I becoming a pervert too,' she wondered.
 
“Good night…” Ranma said as he watched Akane walk down the hallway and into her room.  'Is it my imagination or are her hips swaying?'
 
“Well, well… Ranma here actually had a real conversation with Akane and didn't get malletted…” Ranma turns and finds Nabiki and her father standing at the top of the stairs.
 
“Good job, Ranma… I knew you could do it…” Soun chimed in.
 
“Oh, geez…” Ranma put his hand on his head. `I can't have a moment alone with her…'
 
“What's wrong Ranma? Cat got your tongue?” Nabiki said as she continued to tease Ranma.

He shuddered at the mention of those fur-balled demons.  “You know what…” Ranma said as he tried to think of something witty to say.  Unfortunately he couldn't think of anything, so he just turned around. “I'm going to bed…” he told them grumpily, but he had a lot to think about.  'What's up with Akane?  Why's she acting that way... and why was I thinking of her like that!  If she knew she'd kill me!'
 
Ranma starts to walk away and hears Soun make a parting comment.
 
“I'm glad you haven't given up on my little girl, Ranma…”
 
Ranma pauses for a moment to consider what Soun just said… and agrees with him. His life has certainly been… interesting to say the least since meeting Akane. Ranma resumes his walk down the hallway. A moment later he closed the door still thinking about Akane. Now he is wondering what his life would've been like without her.  Laying down on the futon he realizes that without that tomboy, then... then... 'I'd rather not think about it...' he told himself and tried to go to sleep.

Nabiki looks at her father and smiles.
 
“Good work, Daddy. You're keeping Akane on Ranma's mind.  remember, don't push him too much. Akane's got a second chance and she can't afford to blow it…”
 
Soun nods his head and heads back downstairs with Nabiki following close behind. Both are surprised to see Nodoka and Genma enter the house in total silence. Genma does not even look at Soun as he follows his wife upstairs… he has too much on his mind. Ranma's parents find him fast asleep in his futon…
 
“You need to apologize to Ranma… or at least try to. You said you would do it, Genma…”
 
Genma sighs and nods his head. Nodoka yawns and Genma sets up her futon for her.
 
“Thank you dear… but I'm holding you to your word. We'll talk about this in the morning…”
 
“Yes, dear…” Genma said as he got out his futon and then went to sleep.
 
Time continues to pass by… and soon it's Friday. Up in the mountains to the west of Nerima, Shampoo and Cologne wake up in their tent. Shampoo makes breakfast while Cologne reviews the training regiment that she had prepared and mentally checks the list.
 
“Very good Shampoo… I believe you are ready for tomorrow's fight…”
 
“Shampoo very happy with training…” Shampoo said as she hands a bowl of miso soup to Cologne.
 
“It doesn't matter what those girls did for training- you now have several new Amazon techniques to use…” Cologne said as she started to eat her soup.
 
“Shampoo feel a lot stronger… the others have no chance…”
 
“Indeed. When we get back to the Café, I want to be ready for the dinner rush. We can't afford to be closed for too long…”
 
Shampoo nods her head in agreement. “Japan very expensive, take much money to live here…”
 
Cologne chuckles. “Well, when you win, that won't be a problem. You and Ranma will be married and then we can go back to China…”
 
“Hi-yah! Shampoo looking forward to that!” Shampoo happily exclaimed. She definitely liked the idea that her great-grandmother had just presented. The last few days had been full of many trials and tribulations… but Shampoo took them in stride. With her one goal in mind time seemed to fly by- and everything became easier.
 
After breakfast, Shampoo took down the tent and begin the long hike back to Nerima with her great-grandmother perched on her backpack.

Over at Furinkan High School, Ukyo arrives early and sits down in the classroom. It's the last day of the week and the big fight is tomorrow. She yawns and then stretches out at the desk.
 
`I have to talk to Ranma today- I just have to! I have to find out what he truly feels about me… so I know what to do tomorrow…' she kept telling herself as all week she's been having dreams about her and Ranma, and very few of them had been good. There was one in which she won... but even though Ranma was hers, he still loved Akane and even after she married him. It was a dream where she won Ranma... but even during their wedding and during their honeymoon... Ukyo never saw the same look in his eyes toward her that he showed towards Akane. He still never returned her love. "My honor has been restored... but my heart has been broken..." she said quietly as she thought about what was happening.  In all her fantasies this should be the happiest moment of her life.  She was marrying HIM!  Ranma Saotome... today Ukyo Kunoji was becoming Ukyo Saotome!  But there was something missing.  It wasn't the dress, or the tuxedo.  It wasn't anything in the ceremony or even in the reception.  What was missing was that warm feeling that she was supposed to have when he held her in his arms. That dream had been the worst, and she spent many hours that night crying and praying to her ancestors that nothing like that would happen.
 
Ukyo spends the day looking for an opportunity to talk to Ranma alone, without Akane around. An opportunity presents itself after lunch. Ukyo heads over to Ranma and summons her courage. Ranma feels someone tap on his shoulder and is surprised to see Ukyo standing behind him.
 
“Umm… Ran-chan… can I ask you something?” Ukyo said with a concerned look on her face.
 
“Sure, go ahead…” Ranma said while trying to figure out what was troubling Ukyo.
 
Ukyo watched as people started to notice their conversation and move towards her and Ranma. To avoid making a scene and/or getting Akane involved with this, she quickly goes to her “plan B”…
 
“Can I umm… stop by tonight. I need to talk to you…”
 
Ranma nods his head and then says “Sure”… Ukyo's nervousness was beginning to get him worried- he had to find out what was wrong. Ukyo, happy that she finally talked to Ranma, heads back to her seat and finishes her lunch.
 
The rest of day passes by quickly and soon the school day is over. Ukyo heads back to her place and decides to visit Ranma after her dinner rush. Ranma and Akane head home, both engaging in small talk. Ranma can see that Akane is both nervous and excited… tonight is going to be her last night of training with Happosai before the big fight.
 
After arriving back at the Tendo house, Akane heads upstairs and takes some time to relax before this afternoon's training session. Ranma heads into the kitchen for a snack and sees Kasumi there, hard at work on another one of her culinary masterpieces.
 
“Hello Ranma… how was school today?” Kasumi said cheerfully.
 
“Same old, same old…” Was Ranma's reply.
 
“All right…” Kasumi nods her head. “Would you like to help me with dinner? I'm making another special dinner for Akane tonight…”
 
Ranma shrugs his shoulders. “Sure, why not? I think she liked it the last time we made dinner…”
 
Kasumi smiles and then shows Ranma what to do. Inside, Kasumi is happy that Ranma is helping her out again… this only reaffirms the idea that Ranma does care for her little sister.
 
The wonderful smells of cooking food waft thru the house and eventually reach Happosai's room. He sniffs the air and begins to feel hungry…
 
`I was about to get Akane and do our last training exercise… but I think it can wait until after dinner…'
 
Nabiki arrives home a little while later, very happy with the days' sales. Interest in Ranma and Akane helped to spark sales of certain pictures… Kuno was especially generous with the yen today.
 
Nabiki heads up to her room and hides her profits for the day. She opens up a special notebook and looks at a list of items… and starts to check a few of them off…
 
`After putting some money away for savings, I can go out and pick up a few things for myself… I definitely gotta get some more underwear. It seems everyday one of my bras or panties disappears…'
 
About an hour later, dinner is ready and everyone compliments the two chefs, Kasumi and Ranma. Akane gives Ranma a few glances over her shoulder as she eats, causing Ranma to blush. Nabiki, ever the observant one, decides to comment on what she just witnessed.
 
“Looks like Akane loves your cooking, Ranma…”
 
Ranma blushes while Akane just nods her head, saving both of them from further embarrassment. Nabiki mentally curses Akane's self control, she was sure that her sister would have had said something. However, it wasn't self control but something else that prevented Akane from commenting- thoughts of the last training session fill her head.
 
Nodoka and Genma silently eat- Nodoka is waiting for her husband to make his apology. For once in his life, Genma is not trying to stall this out… he's very sure that Ranma is more worried about the fight tomorrow then anything else. After the fight… lots of things were bound to happen…
 
Soun and Happosai eat their meal without comment. Kasumi was surprised about how quiet things were at dinner… but then again, this was no normal evening. After finishing her food, Akane heads upstairs to change. Happosai heads back to his room, grabs a small box and then heads over to the dojo.
 
Ranma and Soun help clear up the table after dinner is done. Genma and Nodoka head back upstairs- both know there is still a lot to be discussed about certain matters, especially Ranma.
 
A little while later, a figure makes her way down the street and over to the Tendo house. As she approaches the door, she can hear the sounds of two people practicing over in the dojo…
 
“Now's my chance… if I can find him…”
 
As Ukyo steps inside the gates, she immediately sees her target.
 
“Oh, Ran-chan!” Ukyo said as she waved at Ranma.
 
“Uc-chan…”
 
“Can we… go somewhere… private for a few minutes. I umm… have something to ask you…” Ukyo said with a blush on her face.
 
Ranma nervously scratches his head. “I guess… but I don't think anywhere's safe in this house…”
 
“Oh, well, I'll be quick… I just have to umm… ask you one thing…”
 
Ranma thinks about the problem for a second and then quickly checks out his surroundings. “Let's go over on the far side of the house… I think we'll be okay over there…”
 
Ranma walks over to the spot he had just mentioned… Ukyo silently follows behind him. He stands against the wall of the house and then looks at Ukyo. `She's shaking… what's wrong with her?'
 
“Ukyo, are you okay?” Ranma asked in a concerned tone of voice.
 
“Yeah… umm… I'm fine. Ranma, what I came here to ask you is…” Ukyo pauses to take a deep breath before continuing. “What are your true feelings towards me? Please tell me… I need to know…” Ukyo looked at Ranma intently as she awaited his answer.
 
Ranma turns red as he thinks about how he's going to answer her question. `She worked up her courage to ask me this… I can tell… but I'm no good at dealing with these kinda things… I'm sure any answer I give is gonna sound weird…'
 
Ukyo notices that Ranma is beginning to sweat. `I didn't mean to catch him off guard… but I have to know… this is very important to me…' Ukyo takes Ranma's hand and then asks again… “Ran-chan, please tell me…”
 
“I… I… think of you as my best friend… and I enjoy our friendship. That's umm… how I think of you, Ukyo…” Ranma takes several deep breaths after speaking his mind… this was a difficult situation for both involved. Ukyo looks down at the ground and prepares to ask another question…
 
“You love me… but like a friend… like a sister… right?” Tears start to form in her eyes… the truth was about to come out. She was expecting him to say these things… the way he acted around Akane, especially recently, showed that he was interested in her more then the other fiancées. There was a sliver of hope in the back of her mind… but she dismissed that. Saturday was too important… she had to know the truth before the fight to avoid messing up any relationship she had with Ranma…
 
Ranma immediately notices the change in her voice and the tears now falling to the ground. “I'm sorry… I didn't mean to hurt your feelings…”
 
Ukyo looks up at Ranma. She tries to smile but fails. In a sudden burst of emotion, she moves forward and buries her head into his chest. Ranma begins to freak out and nervously looks around…
 
Both Ranma and Ukyo fail to hear the clicking sound of a camera as a mysterious figure takes pictures of Ranma and Ukyo. He smiles and then heads off to develop the film… and to set his plans in motion…
 
“Ranma… thank you for being honest…” Ukyo said as she let her emotions flow. She knew that she should have asked him this a long time ago… especially after that “fake marriage” incident with Akane. Ukyo knew that Ranma would never hurt her… the lengths he went through to avoid telling her about the messed up sauce was a clear example of that.  But at least now her dreams made sense.  He couldn't look at her like he looked at HER...  'He loves me...' she thought.  'But not the way I thought I wanted.'
 
“Umm… Ukyo…”
 
“Ranma… can you do me a favor?”
 
Not knowing what to say in this situation, Ranma can only say one thing… “Sure”…
 
“Hold me… just for a minute… please…” Ukyo said as she looked up into Ranma's eyes.
 
Ranma looked into Ukyo's eyes and could see the pain and disappointment… he could tell that she was looking for some relief, some closure to this issue that had probably been on her mind ever since she came to Nerima. Ranma slowly closes his arms around her… and prays that Nabiki or Akane doesn't happen by… both would blow this situation way out of proportion… and Ranma didn't feel like going into orbit tonight…
 
About two minutes later, Ranma looks down and notices that Ukyo has fallen asleep in his arms. He gently tries to wake her up… her eyes flutter as she realizes what just happened…
 
“Oh… I'm sorry… I didn't mean to fall asleep…” Ukyo said as she stepped back from Ranma.  'It's true...' she told herself.  'I felt it... that warm feeling... but... but it's not the way I expected.'
 
“Umm… it was no problem…”
 
“Ranma… thanks… for answering me honestly…” Ukyo said as she managed to get a smile on her face. “I'll see you tomorrow, right?”
 
“Of course…”
 
Ukyo starts to walk through the courtyard and heads towards the outer gate. Nodoka, who happens to be walking through the dining room, notices the girl outside. Something about her is familiar… and then it clicks in her head who this girl may be. She rushes over to talk to her…
 
Ranma is about to walk back into the house when he sees his mom heading towards Ukyo for some reason. He takes this opportunity to get back into the house unnoticed.
 
 
Over in the Kuno estate, Sasuke is serving dinner to Tatewaki and Kodachi when a surprise visitor arrives…
 
“My wahine fight for very bad keiki…”
 
Tatewaki watches as his father comes into the room and sits down at the table. Sasuke immediately heads back to the kitchen and brings back some more food for Principal Kuno…
 
“What brings you over here, father dear?” Kodachi asks while eating her dinner and ignoring his last statement.
 
“I hear rumors… that you are fighting three Wahines tomorrow…”
 
“Yes, I am… and I will win! Hohohohohoho!” Kodachi says as she goes into her trademark laugh.
 
Tatewaki just shakes head. “I still don't understand your obsession with the foul Saotome…”
 
Kodachi stares at her brother for a moment and then comes up with the perfect response. “And what about you and the pig-tailed girl? Or Akane Tendo? I don't know what you see in those girls brother dear…”
 
“As you can see, our father doesn't approve of Saotome… but has no problem with Akane Tendo or the pig-tailed girl…” Tatewaki then looks at his father.
 
“Keiki cause lots and lots of trouble…” Principal Kuno said, agreeing with his son's statement.
 
“Fine! I will prepare for the battle by myself… I don't need your help!” Kodachi pushes her plate forward on the table and stands up.
 
“I have no desire to see my sister come to harm, even if it be by the hand of my fierce tigress..." Kuno said in a mixture of sadness and excitement surprising his father.
 
“Oh, really?” Was Kodachi's reply a moment later.
 
“I do not want to see my sister hurt by the other women…”
 
Principal Kuno is surprised by his son's comment… but says nothing aloud. He thinks to himself… `Crazy keeds… they don't know what they like or dislike… is very, very bad…'
 
Secretly, Tatewaki wants his sister to win… then Akane Tendo would no longer be engaged to Ranma. He cannot help but laugh a little at that thought… and his sister and father wonder what's wrong with him.
 
After dinner, Principal Kuno leaves and cannot help but wonder about his children. He thinks about possibly showing up at the fight tomorrow…
 
Kuno spends a good part of the evening battling with his sister and giving her some much needed practice against another person. By the end of the training session, Kodachi feels much better about the fight and her ability to deal with the others. `They don't stand a chance… hohohohohoho!'

As darkness falls over Nerima, Ranma feels a sudden chill fall over him.  Unknown to him, his destiny moves ever closer to being forever changed. Each girl has an agenda, some reason to fight for Ranma…
 
Over at the Tendo house, Akane finishes her training and receives her gift from Happosai. What she gets is something totally unexpected…
 
To be continued in Part 5: The Four Fiancee battle, Round 2
 
Next chapter should be up in a couple weeks… don't forget to review and let me know what you think. Adios till next time!
 
I also have an omake, just for my faithful readers. Credit for the lines below goes to Tex… they're not mine…
 
Omake:
 
“Sweeto!" Was heard throughout the neighborhood.  But instead of a foot tall bald headed troll bounding over the rooftops with a sack of female undergarments strong over the shoulder... the figure in question, while only a foot tall, had long black hair and -she- had a sack of men's boxers and briefs strung over her shoulder as she cried out "What a Haul!"

Soun hears the exclamation and cries out, "Oh my beloved and departed wife! How I failed you! My daughter has become a pervert!"  A small gnomish figure bashed another one on the head. "Damn it boy, this is all your fault... if you'd of married her in the beginning this'd never of happened!"
 
"It's not my fault that Akane turned into a pervert pops! And now I can't go anywhere without having by underwear being stolen by her. I've had to buy six new pairs last week alone!"
 
Off in the distance a wizened old man with a bamboo bokken stands holing a pair of boxers.  “Why… why won't you steal mine my fierce tigress!”
 
Somewhere in Japan a shriveled up old pig squeals in anger.  “BWEEE!!!”  Meaning, “Damn you Ranma… you've let Akane become a pervert and she won't steal my shorts!”
 
Truly a scary scenario… isn't it?