Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 1: Wishes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"The Fate of Destruction is the also the Joy of Rebirth..." err... wrong story... (The author is beaten up by various Neon Genesis Evangelion characters)

The real title of this piece: "Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega"

Disclaimer: I don’t own Ranma ½ or any of the characters from it. I wish I did, though...

Version 1.1 12/27/2004: The story has been edited; I just did a major rewrite. If you have read the old version, please read it again...

Version 1.11 1/14/2005: Story has been edited again; hopefully it’s a lot better then before. I really appreciated the constructive criticism from Estoria on this chapter, this is a new thing for me (writing in a non-script format) and I’m still stuck in that script mind set. If anyone would like to beta-read for me, please let me know via email and/or IM- tense don’t seem to be a strong point of mine.

Thanks to Danny-171984 for the preread on this.

Part 1: Wishes

It had been just another ordinary day of class for Ranma Saotome. A boring Tuesday afternoon... time seemed to pass by slowly as the clock ticked ever closer to that magic time. This would seem boring for most people but the last class was a moment of peace and preparation for Ranma. As soon as he stepped outside of the school building anything could happen... and quite often did.

Today was no exception. Everything seemed normal at first, Akane followed Ranma home and both talked to each other about trivial things. In truth, Ranma was glad to be back at that level of conversation with Akane... she remained angry with him for that “Cursed Doll” incident for almost a week after they returned home... and it took another week to be able to talk like this and not get malleted or yelled at.

After walking about 2/3 of the way home, Ranma suddenly heard a familiar sound... the ringing of a bicycle horn.

“Oh no...” Ranma said with a hint of dread in his voice.

“What is it, Ranma?” Akane turned around for a moment and realized what the problem was...

“Airen!”

Ranma kept walking... but Shampoo kept on peddling towards him. He took a deep breath and prepared himself for the glomping that was certain to happen once she caught up to him... and the choice words Akane was certain to say...

“Airen! Shampoo want to go out on date!”

Shampoo’s arms latched around Ranma and she pulled him back into a hug. After the “Cursed Jewel” incident, Shampoo had been more subdued... Akane’s confession of love under the power of the Jewel had really hit her hard. She had not given up on him, however... and neither had Cologne, who managed to cheer her back up and get her “back into the fiancée ring” in a manner of speaking.

Akane turned around again and found the all too familiar scene of Ranma getting glomped by Shampoo unfolding in front her yet again. For some reason, it was bothering her more and more every time she seen it happen... but she still hadn’t figured out why. ‘Could it be that I’m... jealous? Nah, who’d be jealous of them...’

A small part of her, however, knew what the real answer was... but Akane pushed that answer away and decided to voice her thoughts on Ranma’s current situation.

“Looks like you’re busy, Ranma...” Akane said crossly.

“Wait, Akane, don’t leave...” Ranma’s next words were cut off by the sudden pressing of Shampoo’s chest again him.

“Forget about violent girl and spend time with Shampoo instead...”

“Look Shampoo, I don’t want to go out, okay?” Ranma struggled to free himself from her hug... and heard another familiar voice...

“You! Get your hands off of him! Ranma-honey is going to have dinner with me tonight!” Ukyo ran right up to Shampoo and both made eye contact. Sparks were about to fly...

Akane just sighed. “Could this get any worse?”

A flurry of black petals filled the air and soon an unmistakable laugh filled the air, growing louder and louder with every passing second.

“Yes, it can...” Ranma blurted out as he finally freed himself from Shampoo’s grasp. Ukyo’s sudden appearance had been enough of a distraction to cause her to lose focus... and Ranma took advantage of that opportunity...

“Why are you here?” Shampoo and Ukyo asked simultaneously.

“None of your business... but if you must know, I am here to take Ranma-darling out to a fancy restaurant for dinner...” Kodachi said with a smile and a short burst of her trademark laughing.

‘I had to say something... now everyone’s here...’ Akane thought as she observed the situation. She knew a fight was brewing... and most likely she would have to get involved- whether she wanted to or not.

As the arguments and threats started to fly, Akane observed Ranma’s reaction to all of this. Today was different then normal... he was getting quite red...

“No!” Ukyo yelled back at Kodachi...

“Yes, he is coming with me!”

“You both foolish girls... Ranma will be with me!”

Akane just shook her head. Those three always thought about themselves... and never about what Ranma wanted. ‘No wonder he always refuses them... I told them before that they were selfish... and they still are...’

A fresh round of accusations filled the air. Akane was ready to tell all of them off again when Ranma suddenly exploded. He had enough of all of this fighting, name calling, and just sheer madness that always seemed to find its way to him on a regular basis...

“Enough is enough! You guys need to stop this now... if you're so set on beating each other up, why don't you have a battle or something?"

Ranma covers his mouth too late... the damage has already been done. All four girls turn and look at each other and then nod...

"It's about time someone had a good idea... a match sounds good to me! Winner stays with Ranma..." Ukyo said with a smile on her face, this was her chance to get Ranma all for herself.

"Shampoo agree with Spatula girl... winner should get to be with airen..."

Kodachi does her trademark laugh and then looks at the other three girls...

"I will seize this chance to be with Ranma-darling... and you peons won't be able to stop me!"

Ranma turns and looks at Akane, who has been silent since his last statement. His look conveys the message... "What do you think?"

"Well... umm..." Akane struggled with her feelings at the moment. A few seconds later, she regains her focus and lets her pride take over...

"I’ll fight you three as well, I have my family name to defend, as well as my pride..."

"Fine then, match be this Saturday..." Shampoo said quickly. She wanted to have the match soon... so she could get Ranma as soon as possible.

"Saturday is good for me... all of us should meet..." Ukyo pauses for a moment to think of an ideal location... "Meet by Furinkan High School... that open field should make for a good spot."

"On Saturday, you will feel the wrath of the Black Rose!" Kodachi started to laugh and then runs off...

Shampoo and Ukyo look at each other and then walk away... each one is confident that they will win. Ranma starts to walk towards home, Akane is right behind him, silently contemplating what just happened... and what she has agreed to. If she wins, Ranma will be hers alone. 'Maybe I can get to know him better... he’s always distracted by all these fights and battles over him. We’ve been getting a little closer lately... I wonder if he has similar thoughts about me...'

Akane wasn't psychic, but her thoughts were dead on. Ranma knew Akane was following him and couldn't help but think about her on the walk home. 'She's awfully quiet back there... I wonder what she's thinking about? I don't know how I always end up in these messes... I may have a new, permanent fiancée soon. This had to come up just when I was getting to know Akane a little better... we finally stopped fighting about that damn doll incident...'

At that exact moment, Akane works up the courage to tap Ranma on the shoulder. He turns around and then blushes at the site of Akane. He tries to stop blushing to no avail. Akane loses her train of thought when she realizes why he is red... he is thinking about her.

"What is it, Akane?"

"Oh, nothing. Sorry to bother you..."

"Akane, um..." That was about all that Ranma could blurt out, emotional things were not one of his strong suits.

Akane continued to speak, saving Ranma the trouble. "I'm just... worried about this fight. If I lose, what's going to happen to us... and what will my dad think of me? Your dad would be angry as well..."

"Akane..." he says then bites off his next words allowing them to die before speaking them. "Don't worry about our fathers. I umm... know you'll do your best." Akane takes Ranma's hand and gives it a soft squeeze.

"Thank you, Ranma."

Ranma watches as Akane runs forward, obviously full of some new energy. Ranma continues to walk forward... thinking that the next several days should be... interesting to say the least...

When Ranma arrived back at the dojo, he heard Soun and Genma talking about the fight. He stealthily snuck closer so he could hear exactly what they were saying...

“You do know what’ll happen to Akane, right? Those girls will show no mercy! All three of them want my boy...”

“You’re... right...” Thoughts of Ukyo, Kodachi, and Shampoo in action fill his mind. In a real fight, any of the three could inflict real damage to his little girl. All three combined made for a disturbing mental picture indeed. The shock of what was to come overloads his mind... and clears away some of the fog that had been there for quite some time. The realization of the true consequences of the situation begin to really sink in...

‘This is all my fault... and now Akane could get hurt badly... what to do, what to do?’ Soun started to shake his head as a feeling of dread overcame him.

“You have to have faith... I am worried about your daughter as well. She hasn’t been training as much as she could... and those other three can be quite dangerous if angered. Each one of them has a major strength...”

Soun begins to weep as a result of the situation. He should have been with Akane, training her... instead of worrying about all of this fiancée business.

“Don’t worry Tendo... you and I have some tricks up our sleeve that those three have never seen before. Cheer up... do you want Akane to see you like this?”

Genma puts a reassuring hand on his friends shoulder. He stops weeping and tries to calm himself down...

“You... you’re right.” Soun takes a deep breath and then speaks again. “I think that we should be making out a training schedule instead of worrying about what could happen...”

Although their intentions are noble, Ranma is not surprised that neither one mentioned his feelings about this fight. He tries to sneak across the front of the dining room unnoticed, but Genma notices him and immediately starts to unload on his son.

"How could you propose this idea, boy? You're putting your engagement to Akane at risk! All my plans for the Saotome School are on the line here... Akane is a fine choice to carry on the school with you..."

Soun speaks up next. "Saotome is right about that... I do have faith in my daughter... but still..."

Ranma takes a deep breath. "This has got to end... I'm tired of everyone tryin’ to run my life!”

Ranma storms out of the room before Genma or Soun can respond. They realize that it is truly up to them to help Akane train; no one else can help out it seems. She must win if their plans are to be realized. Both rush up to Akane's room and knock on the door.

"Who's there?"

"It's your loving father and Mr. Saotome... can we come in for a moment?"

"Okay."

Akane is surprised to see them rush in and quickly close the door. She can tell that they are up to something. Genma is the first to speak...

"Tendo and I heard about your fight on Saturday..."

"And we're here to help you- I want you to win, Akane..."

Akane considered their words. She could feel the sincerity of their statements, especially those of her father. He was not speaking those words to further his plans or those of Genma... the words were those of concern from a loving father to his daughter. Akane hugs her father and holds on tight...

"Thanks, father... I want to win..."

Genma silently observes the moment and then speaks...

"I can see that you really do like my boy, despite..."

Akane blushes and is about to speak when Soun comes to her defense...

"Saotome, now's not the time. We need to focus on making a training routine for Akane. Her three opponents use weapons of some sort... we need to overcome that disadvantage."

Genma nods his head. Akane has a long road ahead of her if she wants to beat the others... but both Soun and Genma know that she is up to the challenge. Later that night, at the dinner table, the conversation cannot help but drift to talk about this big fight on Saturday. Nabiki is the first to bring the topic up...

"I heard about your little fight on Saturday, sis. The whole school is buzzing about it..."

Akane turned and looked at her sister, who she suspected was to blame for that. 'That's just great... now I have to hear about this at school... thanks, Nabiki!' Akane thought to herself with a bit of sarcasm...

"Have you set up a training routine, father?" Kasumi was curious about what her father's plans were for Akane. She wanted to see her little sister win this contest- she knew that deep down inside, Akane really cared for Ranma.

"Of course... we start tomorrow."

Ranma looks at Akane and notices a very determined look on her face, she is in deep thought at the moment. He can tell that she is serious about winning. He wonders what she is thinking about...

A moment later, Happosai walks by, whistling to himself while carrying load of underwear in his sack. Nabiki and Kasumi notice some of the underwear is theirs and promptly stand up. Akane seems not to notice his presence...

"Hey, give back my underwear you old pervert!" Nabiki yelled out as she started to move towards the old man.

"Only if you can catch me!" Happosai said with an evil laugh. He runs off... and Nabiki has an urge to go after him. She needs an assistant, however, to try and catch him. She quickly glances at Akane... and finds her spaced out at the table. Since Kasumi’s lingerie was part of the stolen goods, Nabiki decides that now maybe the time to get her older sister to help out...

“Come on, sis... let’s get him!”

“Nabiki, what are...”

Kasumi’s words are cut off as Nabiki grabs her hand and drags her out of the room. Nabiki says a few words to Kasumi, who agrees to help her out. Happosai does have both of their lingerie collections in his grasp. With a new vigor, Kasumi and Nabiki start running after Happosai. Back in the dining room, Soun and Genma just sigh...

"He's still our master..." Soun said as he shook his head.

"A very perverted one, though..."

Ranma waves his hand in front of Akane, trying to get her attention. "Akane... Akane... you in there?"

"Huh? Oh, Ranma... I'm sorry. I must have spaced out. Did I miss anything?"

Everyone falls to the floor, and then gets back up. Soun and Genma decide to silently leave the room and let the two talk alone. Ranma continues to speak.

"Oh, not really... the old man is at it again, I think he got your sisters' underwear. Nabiki and Kasumi went after him..."

Ranma pauses as Kasumi and Nabiki run down the hallway right in front of him. He lets out a sigh and shrugs his shoulders...

"Another day, another panty raid for gramps..."

"Someone should stop him from doing that all the time..." Akane softly spoke to herself.

"Remember he tried to stop on his own when he fell in love with that teacher a while back? That didn't last long... and when I pound on him, he still doesn't change his ways..."

"I guess you're right Ranma. You were going to ask me something?"

"I umm... was just wondering about this fight... who's training you?"

"My father and your father... they decided to help me out. I have to be serious... otherwise, I don't have a chance..."

Akane's last words were spoken with a hint of sadness... part of her daydream a moment ago was thinking about what would happen if she loses. She tried to keep that thought out of her head, but it just wouldn’t go away...

Ranma looked at Akane and noticed that her expression suddenly change to that of sadness. He decided to try and get her out of her funk... a depressed Akane could be dangerous if angered... and he didn't like seeing her like this...

"I could train you... but then the others would kill me. Besides, it wouldn't be fair... me um... playing sides..."

"It's okay, Ranma. I understand." Akane smiled. "I think I'll do fine..."

The sound of footsteps interrupts their conversation; Nabiki and Kasumi were now upstairs chasing the old pervert around, trying to get their underwear back...

"Ranma, could you stop Happosai? My sisters aren't martial artists like us and I'm afraid they won't get their stuff back..."

"No problem... but I need a distraction. Hmmm..." Ranma paused for a moment to think. He looked around, trying to find something that would distract the old man... and he found it lying on the ground, about 10 feet in front of him. Ranma stands up and walks over to the forgotten garment...

Akane notices what he is looking at and starts to get angry. "Why are you staring at that bra?"

Ranma could hear the anger in her voice, but decides not to retaliate. "I think it may be the solution to the problem..."

Ranma picked up the white lace bra and could not help but stare at it for a moment. That moment was too long in Akane's eyes, though. The now fuming girl gets up and walks over to Ranma, ready to pull out her mallet.

"I knew there was a reason why I've been calling you a hentai... what are you doing with Kasumi's bra?"

A startled Ranma looks up and finds Akane right in front of him, her battle aura radiating all around her. He knows that she will pull out her mallet any second...

"This is Kasumi's?" Ranma was very surprised by this revelation. He didn't expect the oldest Tendo daughter to be wearing provocative lingerie like this... Kasumi must have other sides to her that he didn't know about.

Akane was at her wit's end. "Yes, it's my sisters'... now tell me what you're doing with her bra!"

Out of nowhere, Akane pulled out her trusty mallet and smacked Ranma with it. He groaned and rubbed his head...

“Damn it, Akane... trust me once in a while, okay? I wasn’t being perverted or anything... this bra is the perfect bait for the old man.”

"Oh..."

Ranma stands up and stares at Akane. He is very mad at her constant lack of trust in him... but there is a bigger problem to face at the moment. A loud yelp is heard; Nabiki had just had her toes stepped on by accident upstairs. Cries of "Dirty old man" are heard throughout the dojo. Akane breaks the silence...

"Sounds like my sisters are still chasing him... I didn't know that they had such endurance..."

"Or they're very persistent when angry." Ranma quickly replied. "Does your dad still have that old fishing pole?"

"What would you need t..." Akane stopped speaking after realizing what he was going to do. She admired how he could think his way out of any situation... that ability had saved his life several times... and hers as well. "Follow me, Ranma..."

Akane starts walking out of the room, Ranma is right behind her. She is surprised that he didn’t snap back at her...

As Akane and Ranma head to a different part of the house, a door opens and Genma and Soun head back into the living room to finish eating. Both had been listening to the conversation that Akane and Ranma were having...

"I think my little girl needs to work on one issue- trusting Ranma."

"Yeah, that's true. I think that's one thing that both of them need to work on... trusting each other. I think they can overcome that obstacle with time..." Soun sits back down at the table. "Now, let's eat and have a toast to Ranma and Akane..."

Genma grabs the cup of sake and holds it up. "I'll toast to that... and the uniting of our two schools!"

After downing their drinks, both Genma and Soun realize that they have some hard work ahead if their dream is to be realized... Akane needed some rigorous training and fast. Otherwise, she wouldn't stand too much of a chance versus the other girls, who were training just as hard in their respective places to beat her...

To be continued in Part 2: An Amazing Day of Firsts