Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 11: The suit makes the man... and woman. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: The suit makes the man... and woman.
 
This chapter will bring a few people in from another anime… so keep an eye out for that. Since there's several things happening at the same time, I will post each events for Saturday for each character separately before talking about Sunday in my normal fashion.
 
 
Part A
 
 
Nabiki
 
 
 
Hearing a commotion upstairs after seeing Ranma zoom by, Nabiki decides to fight her curiosity and take a walk, pondering the events of the day. `I don't know what's gotten into Akane… and it sounds like Ranma's gone up to talk with her… maybe he can handle it better then me or Kasumi…'
 
After walking for a while, Nabiki sees a familiar face in the distance. “Is that you, Naru?”
 
The brunette adjusts her glasses and looks up. “If it isn't Nabiki… what brings you out here?”
 
“I was just out for a walk… there's some stuff going on at home… and I for once I don't want to get involved…”
 
“I see… well… did you want to talk? I've closed up for tonight and I'm just waiting for my fiancée to get off of work…” Naru says as she motions at the bench she's sitting on.
 
Nabiki shrugs her shoulders and then sits down. “Why not?”
 
“So… what's going on at the Tendo house? Besides the `usual', of course…” Naru says with a slight giggle.
 
“You mean the `unusual'… but there's something wrong with my sister, Akane…” Nabiki lowers her head. “She went with Ranma yesterday to a hot spring resort… and when she came back, she'd changed…”
 
“Changed… how?”
 
“This guy, Ryoga came by… I told you about the original incident before… but for some reason, he came over and Akane beat him to a pulp… and she didn't stop there. Ranma tried to stop her… and it sounded like she wanted… wanted to kill him…”
 
Naru was shocked to say the least. “Kill? I thought she was a lot calmer then before… but even the old Akane, as far as you've told me, wouldn't want to kill someone…”
 
“That's not the only thing… Kasumi tried to get her to stop… and she hit her…”
 
“Oh…” Is about all that Naru can say back. `I wonder what happened to Akane? It doesn't sound like the same girl I talked to a few weeks ago… the one that was trying to look good for her fiancée…'
 
“Ranma ran past me as I was leaving… I'm sure he's talking to her right now… I hope he is…” Nabiki tries not to sound depressed but it's painfully obvious to Naru. `I think I should tell her more about me… maybe that'd help…'
 
“I was like your sister in the past… and I still have that part of my personality… it's something that I'll probably never get rid of. Keitaro, my fiancée, knows that… but he still wants me just the same.”
 
“I guess Ranma feels the same way about Akane… they're both stubborn, hard-headed people… a perfect match once they admitted their feelings for each other…”
 
Naru nods her head. “I umm… had a problem with that myself… it took a lot of time to overcome that…”
 
“Oh… I had no idea…”
 
Nabiki silently contemplates that thought and realizes that being open about romantic feelings isn't as common as she thought it was. A few moments later, a voice calls out the name “Naru”
 
“It's Keitaro…” Naru says as she gets to her feet. “I've got to go… stop by tomorrow if you have a chance…”
 
“Okay…” Nabiki waves `bye' to her friend as she heads home with her fiancée. `I guess I'd better go home and see what's going on…'
 
The middle Tendo daughter heads home, taking her time and hoping that all will be okay when she returns.
 
 
Akane and Ranma
 
 
“Talk? I told you I don't want to talk…” Akane says while trying to compose herself.
 
“You hit Kasumi! I can forgive you hitting me… and going crazy on Ryoga… but what'd your sister do? I don't believe you!” Ranma says, letting the young woman know what his thoughts were on all of the insanity on her part that he witnessed today.
 
“I… I…” Words fail the youngest Tendo daughter for a moment. “Ranma- I can't believe I did that either… I feel… like someone's telling me what to do… pushing me in directions that I didn't want to go…”
 
“You can say that again… geez… you scared me, yah know? That wasn't the Akane that won that four way battle for me… that was someone entirely different. I've seen you mad before but nothing like this… you were out to kill…”
 
“Of course I was! That pervert…!”
 
Fighting the urge to say even more negative things, Akane reaches out her hand towards Ranma and softly utters the word `Help' while focusing in on the memory of her sister and her shocked face.
 
`Something's wrong here… but I gotta try and help her…' Ranma thinks while he walks closer. He takes her hand and helps her back to her feet… but feels her stumble a moment later and land against him.
 
“Ranma… please…”
 
“Akane?” A worried Ranma says back. “What's wrong?”
 
Akane closes her eyes and struggles to explain. “There's this… feeling… urge… something inside… that wants me to be… be like I was earlier…”
 
Ranma looks down and realizes that she's still wearing that suit. `No… it couldn't be… could it? She did just get that thing… and it was this morning that she went crazy…'
 
“Is it the suit?”
 
“It… it could be…” Akane says, feeling the growing urge to deny that thought and start yelling at Ranma.
 
“Okay… do you need any help?” Ranma asks innocently, not trying to sound perverted.
 
“NO!” Akane pauses and tries to get her focus back. A couple seconds later, she shakes her head and looks at Ranma intently. “I… I… yes… but it's not that easy… ow…”
 
“How do I help yah?” Ranma says, getting more concerned by the second.
“There's a spot… that makes the suit fall apart… I think…”
 
Hearing that, Ranma feels hopeful. “Okay… but where is it?”
 
Akane doesn't respond and starts to shake… the suit's powers are trying their best to take hold of her mind again.
 
“Akane! Fight damn it! Tell me where that spot is…”
 
Tears form on the young woman's face as she fights the power of the suit. “Belt… b… b… belt buckle…”
 
“Oh…” Ranma steps back and looks at the suit… and is about to make a move when Akane cries out in pain.
 
“Akane! Are you okay?”
 
Pain shoots through the young woman's body as she summons all her mental power to reject the almost overwhelmingly strong feelings trying to take hold of her. Her eyes slowly close and her breathing becomes labored…
 
“Ranma… it's over…” Akane says before collapsing to the ground. “I figured out how to stop it…”
 
“Huh? I didn't hit nothin'…” A confused Ranma says while wondering what she means by that.
 
“Sorrow… pain… regret… over what I did… when I focused on those, I was able to beat it back…”
 
“So that's what happened…”
 
The young woman reaches her hand towards Ranma again. “Help me up, please…”
 
“Sure…” Ranma helps his fiancée to her feet. She rushes against him and wraps her arms around him.
 
“Please tell me… that you don't hate me…”
 
“Akane…” Ranma gently caresses her hair. “I don't… but if this would've continued any longer… I'd have… umm…”
 
“Have what?” She asked, fearing the possible answer that he was about to give.
 
“I'd have thought about leaving… Akane… you really pushed everyone to the edge… that wasn't the Akane that I know and umm…” Ranma says, his eyes now focused on the floor in sadness.
 
The sound of gentle sobbing fills the room- Akane knows what word he was going to say next... and how much it hurt him to say that. “I'm sorry… so sorry… I… I didn't want to lose you, either.”
 
“Akane… I'm glad… glad your back…”
 
 
Several moments pass before Akane slowly tilts her head, her gaze meeting that of Ranma's. “You don't know… how good that makes me feel inside… you saying that…”
 
“Anything for my tomboy…”
 
Akane is about to respond to that when she hears a ripping sound. `What's going on?' A red blush forms on Ranma's face and Akane wonders why.
 
“What was that?”
 
“Your umm… pants fell apart… umm…” Ranma says while turning his head away. `I don't wanna get her mad… by staring at her nice legs and those thighs of hers… heh... they're not really thick are they. They look soft... and... and... she's got on those white... panties...' Ranma's eyes begin to widen further and he swears he can feel a build up of pressure in his nose. 'Damn...she looks...good!'
 
Feeling embarrassed but not wanting to let go, Akane looks at Ranma and says- “I want you to look at me, Ranma… keep your eyes above my waist…”
 
“Sure thing… umm…” Another ripping sound is heard and Ranma watches as a line forms on the center part of the collar of Akane's suit… and heads south. His eyes get progressively wider as more of her body is exposed with each passing moment…
 
“Is that my suit again?” A worried Akane asks before the garment finally tears completely.
 
“Uh-huh…” Ranma says dumbly as his eyes are focused on a spot above her waist as she had asked. `I dunno how I called her flat-chested before… she has a nice figure.'
 
“Ranma!” Akane quickly turns around… and then feels the garment fall of her completely- a sudden chill passes through her body. “What the hell just happened? I'm almost naked!”
 
“I think that suit don't like positive emotions… and love…”
 
“Oh… maybe you're right…” Feeling exposed and cold, Akane quickly turns around and presses herself against Ranma, so he can't see her exposed breasts. This has the effect of distracting the martial artist, though… he can't see her body but can certainly feel it…
 
“You should umm… cover up…”
 
Akane explains her reasoning. “I know… but I don't want to leave you, either… not for a little while…”
 
 
Ranma thinks about this dilemma and comes up with a solution. “Akane, let me help you…” He reaches down and slowly takes off his shirt… and then places it over the now shivering Tendo. “You should be warmer now…”
 
“Thank you…” Akane says before placing a kiss on Ranma's cheek. He closes his eyes and pulls her back into a hug. “I'll keep yah warm…”
 
Akane snuggles into his chest and tries to make herself comfortable, despite the constant thoughts of fear going through her mind. `I almost lost him… and I hurt him… I hurt Kasumi… I hope they'll forgive me…'
 
 
As the two silently hold each other, the door to the room silently closes. Nodoka steps back and starts walking towards the stairs…
 
“Auntie… is everything okay?” Kasumi asks after seeing the woman back away from the door.
 
“Oh, it'll be fine… my manly son has taken care of her… I saw the suit on the floor… and he took off his shirt for her…”
 
Hearing that, Kasumi blushes. “They aren't… doing anything improper, are they?”
 
“Not yet…” The Saotome matriarch says with a wink.
 
“Oh my…” Kasumi says before excusing herself. She heads back to her room and takes a momentary break to think about something.
 
 
`All of this talk about Akane and Ranma makes me wonder… they have each other… they aren't alone. Nabiki seems okay with that at the moment but me…'
 
Taking a deep breath, Kasumi steps in front of the mirror.
 
`But I'm all alone… and I don't like it. I run this house… but it's not mine… I'm a housewife without a husband… how do I find someone to be happy with? Akane seems to have so much fun with Ranma…'
 
 
The brunette grabs her hairbrush and gently brushes her hair, all the while thinking about this problem and how to solve it.
 
`Dr. Tofu… likes me… a lot… and I like him. He's a nice person… and he helps people. He cares about people… I care about people. I'm sure I could keep on learning and be able to help out as well…'
 
A slight blush forms on the young woman's face as she thinks about this more. `Maybe I should go and talk with him… and see if he feels the same way.' Walking over to her clothes drawer, Kasumi opens the top drawer and reaches inside.
 
`I wear these for a reason…' She thinks while pulling the bra out of the drawer. `This is comfortable… but it's also… sexy.'
 
After thinking that thought, with the word `sexy' in it, Kasumi feels her face grow even redder. `I want to look good… for my special someone… especially after we get married… that's why I wear things like this…'
 
Slowly, Kasumi closely her eyes and tries to compose herself again. `I normally don't think about these things… but something's changed… and perhaps that's a good thing. I want to be happy, or at least have a chance at it… just like Akane had. I can still be… sexy… underneath and still be modest…'
 
 
“Hey sis…” A voice calls from the doorway.
 
“Nabiki… when did you get back?”
 
“Just now… how's Ranma and Akane doing?” Nabiki asks, wanting an answer to the burning question on her mind.
 
Oh, I think they're just fine… and maybe…” Kasumi says as her face turns red.
 
“No way…" Nabiki interrupted then looked apologetic, "I'm sorry, you were about to say?”
 
“Oh… it's nothing.” The oldest Tendo tries to avoid eye contact after saying that. `Why am I thinking about -that-?'
 
“I see…” Nabiki then notices the bra in her sisters' hand and decides to tease her a little. “Were you thinking about someone? Hmm?”
 
“No one… I wasn't thinking about doctor… I mean…”
 
“Doctor I mean? Does this mean that you've found another doctor?” Nabiki says, knowing full well who her sister is talking about.
 
“No! There's only one doctor for me… umm…” The now very red in the face young woman turns away from her sisters' gaze.
 
`I knew it… she still wants that guy…' Nabiki thinks to herself. A moment later, she's surprised to hear sobs coming from her sister. “Are you okay?”
 
“Yes… no… maybe…”
 
Dropping her playful tone, Nabiki gets serious. “Kasumi…”
 
Tears drop from her eyes as she turns to look at her younger sister. “I guess I'm not…”
 
“You can say that again… what's wrong?”
 
“I'm… I'm…” The bra drops out of her hand as she tries to explain her feelings. “I'm… all alone… am I wearing nice things just to fool myself?”
 
“No… you're smart, you're pretty… you shouldn't be…lonely.” Nabiki stops and realizes what she's just gave advice that she should heed herself. “Sis, you should be happy…”
 
Kasumi says nothing but walks forward and gives her sister a big hug. “Thank you…”
 
“No problem…” Nabiki says with a slight sigh. `Maybe I should be thinking about this too…'
 
“You're very smart Nabiki…”
 
“Oh I know…” Is the reply from the now grinning Tendo. “All three of us are smart… just in slightly different areas, that's all…”
 
“Yes…”
 
“I'm sure we'll be just fine…”
 
Kasumi takes note of the way Nabiki said that last line and wonders about her sister… `Is she having the same problem as me?'
 
“Nabiki… is there someone… that you want to impress?”
 
Startled by that sudden question all Nabiki can manage to say is “Gah... I...”
 
 
Kasumi giggles and then lets go of her sister. “I think it's time for dinner… I'm sure everyone is hungry…”
 
 
“You ain't joking…” Ranma says from the hallway. “What's for dinner?”
 
Akane steps into the room and her eyes met her sisters'… the gentle soul that is Kasumi. Despite her best efforts, the bruise on her face is still somewhat visible…
 
Akane's conscious begins hitting her- hard. “Kasumi… I'm so sorry…” Tears form in her eyes as she runs towards her sister and gives her a hug.
Kasumi's first reaction is to flinch, causing her younger sister to feel worse about the situation.
 
`What have I done?' Akane silently wonders to herself. After realizing that Akane isn't going to hurt her, Kasumi speaks.
 
“Akane… it's okay… really… I'll be fine…” She says in a soothing tone.
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“It'll be okay… you weren't yourself…”
 
“How do yah know that?” Ranma asks, wondering how she knows.
 
“Because I know my little sister…” Kasumi says with a smile.
 
 
Watching the touching scene unfold, even Nabiki is moved and holds off from making a comment. `I'm glad that those two worked things out… and Akane apologized to Kasumi… I swear there's too much drama in this house sometimes…'
 
Akane gently breaks the hug and stands next to Ranma. For the first time since her sisters' arrival, Nabiki gets a look at what she's wearing. `She's wearing Ranma's shirt… and her skirt matches his pants… maybe they did do something…'
 
 
Ranma, now wearing his white workout shirt and a pair of his trademark pants, reminds Kasumi about dinner. “We can talk later… I'm hungry!”
 
“Oh, I'll bet you are…” Nabiki says with a sly grin. “You fill that out well, sis…”
 
Akane blushes. “Thanks…”
 
“She sure does…” Ranma's words are cut off by a well placed elbow to the ribs by Akane.
 
“Ranma!”
 
Ranma shrugs his shoulders and looks at Akane. “What? You look good and you definitely ain't flat-chested… oh boy…” After letting that slip out, he knew he was going to get hit again.
 
“You shouldn't hit him for complementing you Akane…” Nabiki says, chiding her little sister. “He may not be the most articulate guy out there… you have to take what you can get…”
 
“Hey!” Ranma yells in protest.
 
“Yeah... he is rather loud, egotistical and annoying at times...." Akane says before Ranma can reply to Nabiki.
 
"Hey now wait a minute!" The pig-tailed martial artist says, not liking what he just heard.
 
Akane sighs. "But he is also kind and sweet... and..." she then sighs softly recalling some of the things he's said to her.
 
"Um... I...” Ranma blushes.
 
”Oh my... um... now, now… let's not tease Ranma too much… he helped out a lot today, right?” Kasumi says while looking at her sister. She then turns and smiles at Ranma.
Nabiki motions Kasumi towards the door. “I think we should escort the Saotome twins downstairs…”
 
"Why would I want her to be my twin? Yuck!"
 
"Oh really Saotome?" Nabiki asked while Akane looked at him trying to decide if she should be angry or not.
 
"I mean if we were twins then she be like my sister, ya know? And then it'd be real weird trying to marry your sister... that's just... gah... I don't want to think about that!"
 
Kasumi giggled at that. "So you're glad that Akane is not your twin so you can marry her?"
 
"Exactly, I mean... I... oh...um..."
 
It was at this point that the two elder girls giggled and laughed at their beet red little sister who was trying to not let her face explode form the severe blush. Ranma is also stopped in his tracks… he doesn't know what to do or what to say…
 
The pair fail to notice a new figure was walking down the hallway towards them…
 
“I take it that you helped Akane back to normal…” Nodoka says to her son while staring at his clothes… and realizing that Akane was dressed with his shirt and a black skirt. “Should I call you Akane Saotome, my dear?”
 
“Umm…” Akane blushes and has no answer to that.
 
“Good idea, Auntie…” Nabiki says with a grin. “They're practically married as it is… and now they're dressing alike…”
 
“Nabiki!” Ranma says, feeling embarrassed as well as wanting to take the attention off of Akane.
 
“I'm just trying to help out… there's a special dinner on the stove right now. I wanted to give Kasumi a break… and Nabiki says that there's a movie on tonight for you two…”
 
Nabiki cheerfully nods her head. “That's right…”
 
“Which movie is that?” Kasumi asks, wondering what her younger sister is up to.
 
“Oh, it's something for just the two of them…” Nabiki says, dodging the issue.
 
“I guess that's okay… dinner and a movie…” Akane says while looking at Nodoka. “Thank you for making dinner…”
 
“It's no problem… I want to help out… but not overdo things…” Ranma's mother says as she takes a sideways glance down the hallway. “Let's say I found out something earlier…”
 
 
Akane and Ranma both have an inkling about what she meant by that… but say nothing.
 
“I don't want to pressure you two… but I do want to help out. In a way that doesn't drive you two apart…” Nodoka says loudly, hoping that her words echo throughout the house and fall upon the ears of two fathers downstairs.
 
“I see…” Kasumi pauses and then speaks again. “Can I help out with dinner?”
 
“Of course…”
 
 
Nodoka leaves first and Kasumi silently follows… Nabiki takes another glance at the couple and then follows her sister downstairs. After the three are out of sight, Ranma turns and looks at Akane.
 
“Sounds like my mom is up to somethin'…”
 
“Yeah… I wonder… does it have anything to do with that suit? It was a present… and it obviously came from someone other then her…” Akane says while looking at Ranma thoughtfully. “I think she's trying to help us… in a good way, unlike some of the schemes our fathers have cooked up…”
 
“True…”
 
Akane smiles. “You ready to see what all of this is about?”
 
“I'm ready whenever you are…”
 
 
The pair head downstairs and find the table already set up for dinner. After looking around for a few minutes, the two realize that something's wrong…
 
“Where's my father?” Akane asks, wondering why it was so quiet downstairs.
 
“Oh… they decided to help me do some errands… they'll be back later tonight…” Nodoka says while sticking her head into the room. “Dinner's ready, by the way…”
 
Akane and Ranma shrug their shoulders and then sit down, knowing that the pair would mostly likely not be out doing errands on their own… Nodoka had struck again.
 
 
Part B
 
 
Elsewhere in Nerima, the pair of fathers trudges down a busy street in the market area, trying to find the last items on a long list given to them by Nodoka…
 
“This is crazy! She has us running around the marketplace looking for these obscure herbs… maybe we'd have been better off asking Cologne… they sound Chinese…” Genma says, complaining as he peers into the next stall in front of him.
 
“I think this is her way of… telling us to back off…” Soun says with a sigh. “That suit backfired, you know…”
 
“I wanted Akane to be stronger, to be a match for my boy… but it looked like her ego got a boost as well as her strength…”
 
“True… my baby went crazy… I've never seen her like that before…” Soun says with a sigh. His eyes catch something in a nearby stall and he runs over to it. “One second, Saotome… I found one of our last items…”
 
“Good work Tendo! That leaves us with rice and pork, the easy ones to get…” An overjoyed Genma says, grateful that this shopping trip is nearly over.
 
 
A few moments later, Soun returns and the pair get the quantity of the two remaining items that they need and start heading back to the Tendo home…
 
“It's over… it's finally over…” Genma says as the exit the marketplace area.
 
“I'm sure all of this will make for a fine meal… for somebody…” Soun says, adding emphasis on the last part.
 
“She is a fine cook… but I'm sure we'll get some… I hope…” The last two words are utterly softly by Genma… Soun does hear them and agrees with his friend.
 
 
About ten minutes later, the two arrive back at home… and find Nodoka waiting just beyond the gate…
 
“I was wondering when you two would be getting back… I hope that the list wasn't too much trouble…”
 
Genma is the first to speak. “No dear, we found everything you asked for. What's all of this for, anyway?”
 
“For tomorrow's dinner, of course…” Is the reply back with a smile from Nodoka. `Maybe I'll let them have some of my special dinner… if they help me make it…'
 
“Ah… I'm sure it'll be delicious…” Soun Tendo says with a slight nod.
 
“Let's get this stuff into the house… and be quiet, Ranma and Akane are watching a movie together…” Nodoka says while shooting a glance at both fathers.
 
 
Happy to hear that the two are spending time together, Soun happily obliges. Genma wants more details… but wisely refrains from opening his mouth until a better place to talk presents itself…
 
 
In the front room, Ranma and Akane are sitting on pillows while waiting for the movie in question to start. Akane adjusts her position to lean against Ranma, causing the young man to blush.
 
“Umm… did yah want some more popcorn?”
 
“I'm fine… let's wait a few minutes until the movie actually starts before we eat it all…” Akane says with a giggle.
 
“It looks like there's some sci-fi marathon going on… it's showing the credits from the last film right now… are you sure this is the right station?” Ranma asks, not sure if this is what they're supposed to be watching.
 
“Well… we're a couple minutes early, according to the time Nabiki told us.” Wanting to take full advantage of this pause before movie, Akane strikes up some small talk.
 
“Ranma… I like your shirt- it's pretty comfortable…” Akane says, referring to the clothes she's wearing. “I'd bet your pants would be a little loose on me, though…”
 
“Well, I am taller then you…”
 
“Not when you're a girl…” Akane quickly counters.
 
“That's true…” Ranma says, conceding the point. “I wear these clothes so I can handle either situation… like the shirt… it can handle…”
 
“Handle what?” Akane asks with a grin. “Your full figure? Huh? You were sounding pretty proud a second ago…”
 
“Hey, it ain't my fault that the curse's girl was so busty… are you j…” Ranma bites his tongue and stops himself before he insults Akane.
 
“Hmm… I bet I know what you were going to say, Ranma…” Akane sighs. “But you didn't… I guess we're making progress.”
 
Ranma smiles. “Yeah… I umm… don't want you mad at me…”
 
“Same goes for me… and just for the record, Ranma… there's not that much of a different between us anymore…” Akane says while glancing down at her chest. “I'm not the girl you met a year ago… the one you called `flat-chested'… I'm a woman now…”
 
Ranma is silent and thinks about that statement. `You can say that again… she has gotten a fuller figure… but I didn't want to admit that I liked the way she looks… at least until recently…'
 
After clearing his throat, Ranma decides to admit something. “Umm… yeah… you're right… those look nice… I mean uh… yeah… Akane… the movie's starting…” A bright red blush covers his face as he stares at the TV screen and avoids eye contact with Akane.
 
Deciding not to push the issue, Akane takes a moment to think about his words. `He admitted it… he likes my fuller figure… and that makes me feel good. It sounded like he was going to say something else… but the movie is starting… he just got lucky there…'
 
 
The opening music starts to play and the movie begins.
 
“Well, here comes the title… ummm…” Ranma cringes as he reads the words aloud, careful not to accent certain parts of the title unnecessarily. “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan…”
 
“NABIKI!” Akane cries out. “It figures she'd get lucky and bait us to watch this movie…”
 
“I know… it ain't funny… I already saw your wrath this morning and I didn't like it…” Ranma says in a half-joking manner.
 
“Ranma… don't push it…” Akane says with a slight growl.
 
Wanting to calm Akane down but also keep her close, Ranma decides to make a stand for staying put. “Look… I ain't never seen this movie before… and we got popcorn and soda already out for it… so let's watch it…”
 
Reaching for the bowl of popcorn, Akane decides to give in and stay. “I guess so… it couldn't hurt…”
 
Relieved that Akane didn't get out of control, Ranma relaxes and takes a few deep breaths. He feels Akane move a little and decides to try and make her a little more comfortable…
 
“Here…” He says while putting his left hand on her right shoulder. After moving slightly to get into a better position, Akane blushes. `He's looking out for me…'
 
 
The movie begins… and the two watch with rapt attention, enjoying the company of each other as well as the movie itself. During one of the commercial breaks in the second half, Akane makes a comment that gets Ranma a little riled…
 
 
“So Kirk got back on the ship… and he's making a break for it…”
 
“Yeah… he's really pissing that Khan guy off there by taunting him…” Ranma says with a nod.
 
“It looks to me like it was one big game of cat and mouse…”
 
“CAT? WHERE?” Ranma says as he starts twitching.
 
Akane mentally chides herself for saying that last statement. `Oh no… I forgot that he has a fear of cats. Good one, Akane…'
 
After clearing her throat, Akane tries to rephrase her statement. “What I meant to say was… umm… hide and seek, yeah… that's why Kirk's making a break for that nebula it showed before the commercial break.”
 
“Oh… whew…” Ranma takes several deep breaths and tries to calm down. “I'm glad you weren't gonna talk more about those creatures…”
 
“I'm sorry Ranma… I forgot all about that…” Akane says apologetically.
 
“It's okay… just don't do that again…” Ranma says with a nervous grin on his face.
 
 
Akane, who has noticed the slow movement of Ranma's right hand down her side, feels it move onto her hip. `He's been up to something… he wants to hold me, to touch me… being close to him is getting easier everyday… as long as I don't ruin it like I almost did this morning…'
 
As the movie starts up again, Ranma breathes a sigh of relief. `I don't think she noticed. I wanted to see what her skirt feels like… and her legs… it's easy to like the way she looks when she's not hitting me and insulting me every other minute…'
 
Watching the couple from the distance, Nodoka Saotome smiles and thinks about what she's observed since she started watching them a short while ago.
 
`Those two are becoming more comfortable… and talking without stinging words. I think both of them are making real progress- Ranma is finally comfortable with her presence. It won't be long before my manly son will make that commitment with her, I just know it…'
 
The finale of the movie comes on the screen and the emotions of the end scene affect both teens…
 
“He died… for his friends, for his ship…” Akane says to Ranma.

”Yeah, he sacrificed himself…” A nodding Ranma agrees. “That wasn't a bad movie… but I wish no one had died.”
 
“Yeah. Ranma, after seeing that… I have to…”
 
 
Ranma, knowing what she's going to say, gently rubs his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.
 
“Akane… you don't gotta keep apologizing… it's fine. My nose will be okay… and I'll teach you- you don't need a special suit to learn.”
 
 
A warm feeling comes over Akane after hearing that. `He thinks I'm talented enough to learn… he's not just saying it to make me feel better… but let's make sure…'
 
“Ranma- are you serious? You're not playing around with me, are you?”
 
“No… yah got talent… I'd like having a partner that knows the art…” Ranma says, revealing one of his one deepest desires that he hadn't shared before.
 
“Ranma…” Akane swoons. “Thanks… that means a lot to me.”
 
“It's no problem… anything for my tomboy…” A grinning Ranma says while moving his face closer to hers.
 
Akane moves her lips closer and the two lovers begin to express their feelings. Ranma feels her body pressing against him and slowly lets his body slide back until it hits the floor.
 
“Akane…”
 
“No one's around… and I don't care who's watching…” Akane says before she presses her lips against Ranma's again.
 
Ranma's normal reaction, to look around, is trumped by his desire to kiss and hold Akane. The pressing on her chest against his only adds to the moment- the only thing he sees and feels is Akane.
 
`She's really getting into this… and she feels good… I have to try this out…'
 
 
His curiosity about her skirt and legs comes to mind and soon Ranma's hands make their way down her back and onto her legs… making a short stop at her behind on the way.
 
`They are soft… damn, I was so wrong about her… I almost lost this…' Ranma thinks as his finger dance across the soft skin just below her skirt line.
 
 
The make out session last for a short while longer before it's interrupted…
 
 
“Ahem. I don't mean to interrupt this joyous moment…” A happy Nodoka says while walking into the room.
 
 
Going red in the face, Akane slowly rolls off of Ranma and straightens her skirt. Inside, she's quite happy about what he was doing, despite being caught in the act. `He squeezed my butt- and he was touching my skirt and my legs! Ranma made a move on me! I knew he wanted me just as much as I want him…'
 
“My son, you were being so manly there…” Nodoka says, beaming with pride. “You were taking my advice from before…”
 
“Umm… yeah…” A blushing Ranma says as he sits up. “I'm umm… glad it was you that came out here… and not…”
 
“Oh, you don't have to worry about her…” Nodoka says with a motherly smile. “She's playing a game with your father and Mister Tendo… I arranged that…”
 
“A game? What could you have possibly gotten her into to stop her from spying on us?” Akane asks, curious about what tactic Nodoka used to keep Nabiki at bay.
 
“Oh, something I picked up a while ago… and given her love of money, I figured it would be a hit…” The Saotome matriarch says with a grin. “Monopoly…”
 
Akane thinks about it and remembers hearing the name before. “I think I've heard of it…”
 
“Well… you've got a chance to play… I told her that all of us were going to play in the next game…”
 
Ranma and Akane exchange looks and shrug their shoulders. Both say almost simultaneously- “Why not?”
 
 
As the three head off to give Monopoly a try, a discussion is going at the Cat Café between the server and the owner of the establishment…
 
 
Shampoo
 
 
“Dinner rush very heavy… and duck-boy nowhere to be found…” Shampoo says as she grabs another order from Cologne.
 
“Come now child, it's not that busy in here… you're doing a wonderful job…”
 
Despite receiving a compliment, the young Amazon is focused on the late evening crowd and what she saw earlier in the day. She silently takes the food and takes it over to the waiting customers…
 
`Masked man was very handsome and he had a very nice body… I wonder who he was? He's challenging me tomorrow… I wonder what skills he'll use?'
 
Cologne observes her great-grand daughter from the kitchen and has an idea about what she's thinking about. `I bet she's thinking about the challenger… I guess Mousse's absence isn't that big of a deal to her right now, despite what she says…'
 
“Ready for next order…” A distracted Shampoo says as she approaches the counter.
 
“I bet you're wondering where you partner is…” A teasing Cologne says, trying to get her great-granddaughter to cheer up.
 
“Hmmph. Shampoo not worried…”
 
“Maybe he found a girlfriend…”
 
That gets Shampoo to smile… and then laugh. “Very funny… Shampoo don't think he get girl so easy…”
 
“Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow… or I'll have to take some action…” Cologne says sternly.
 
“Yes… Shampoo no need to do all the work, no matter what the crowd…” The young Amazon says with a nod. “Maybe Shampoo need to take time off for fun too…”
 
“We'll see…”
 
 
The evening wears on and the dinner crowd thins out. Soon, it's time to close up the shop and Cologne flips the sign at the front door to say “Closed”.
 
“Go have some dinner, child… you must be exhausted.”
 
Shampoo nods her head and heads into the kitchen. She prepares a large bowl of ramen and adds some chicken to the noodles… and heads over to a nearby table to eat.
 
“You must be hungry…” A grinning Cologne says upon observing the bowl and it's contents. She sits down next to Shampoo and decides to let her eat in peace.
 
Tossing her long purple hair behind her shoulders, Shampoo smiles. “Yes, Shampoo very hungry… long day. Still, it very interesting…”
 
“Oh… and how is that? Did one of the customers catch your eye?” A cackling Cologne says, much to Shampoo's chagrin.
 
“Customers always staring at Shampoo's figure… men all the same.”
 
“Perhaps… you've grown into quite the attractive young woman…” Cologne says, wanting to change the focus of the conversation a little. “Maybe you should talk to them…”
 
“Shampoo no want man from Japan… Shampoo want…” A soft sigh escapes her lips. “Never mind…”
 
Seeing the sudden change in her great-granddaughter's demeanor, the Amazon matriarch immediately tries to cheer her up. “Now, now… you did your best. We've already talked about this… don't get depressed, my dear…”
 
“Since Shampoo was defeated… what we going to do now? Stay here? Go home?”
 
“I'm still working on that answer… I'll know for sure by tomorrow. There's several factors to consider… and some unorthodox methods for me to think about…”
 
That piques Shampoo's interest.
 
“Like what?”
 
“Hmm… I think it's best if I don't tell you… but you'll see soon enough. In any case, you are a very talented young woman… and we need to find you a capable partner…”
 
Suddenly, the image of the stranger from this morning flashes in Shampoo's mind. “You mean masked stranger from this morning?”
 
“Perhaps… he is strong… and talented. He does have a chance of beating you…”
 
Shampoo grins. “Shampoo will win over handsome man…”
 
 
After hearing Shampoo let some of her feelings slip into her last statement, Cologne knows that she must be interested in some level with the challenger. `This may work out… but he has to win and do it in the proper way… she's very determined not to lose again to anyone…'
 
“You'll get to prove that to me tomorrow morning… why don't you take a shower and get ready for bed?”
“Okay…”
 
 
The young Amazon woman finishes her dinner and heads into the kitchen. After cleaning her bowl and putting it away, she heads upstairs and takes a long shower. Her mind, even after she's done showering and in bed, cannot help but think about the masked stranger from earlier in the day. `That masked man… he was good looking. Those muscles… he looks like a real strong man… but there was a certain gentleness to him. I wonder who he is? I guess I'll find out tomorrow…'
 
 
 
Ukyo & Ryoga
 
 
Heading back to a time just after the doctor's office visit, Ukyo finds herself face to face with a young lady… and a giant pig. Ryoga's eyes go wide as he recognizes both…
 
“Who are you?” Ukyo says while reaching for spatula.
 
“My name is Akiri… and you've hurt my Ryoga…” The young woman says before jumping off the pig. “I was coming here to visit and I saw you lead him over to that house… lead him like a lamb to the slaughter. You forced him in there with that violent woman… and nearly got him killed…”
 
“Now just hold on a second- you don't know the whole story…” Ukyo glances at Ryoga for a moment. “I had no idea Akane was out to kill… that's not my fault…”
 
“But you forced him in there- I saw it!”
 
Ukyo feels her anger building. “We had an agreement… he had to apologize to her or I was going to kick him out. What business is it of yours anyways?”
 
“He's my friend… and I'd like him to be more. He's so perfect for me… I don't mind his curse at all… I like pigs…” The giant pig nods his head up and down after hearing his owners' words of praise. “He was the only one to defeat my pride and joy here…”
 
“Well, I don't mind his curse either.” Ukyo blushes. `Am I going to have to confess that I have some feelings for him in front of this total stranger? I hate it when people come out of the woodwork… I swear Nerima is a strange place…'
 
“I'm umm… taking care of him. I brought him back to health- so why would I send him in there to get beat up and possibly killed on purpose? Tell me that!”
 
Not believing the chef standing in front of her, Akiri turns and looks at Ryoga. “Is this true? Has she been helping you out?”
 
 
Weakly, Ryoga nods his head. `Why me… why'd she have to stop in now? She's nice and all… but I've gotten to know Ukyo a lot lately… and I think I like her…'
 
“I guess I'll have to believe you… but…” The long silence after the last statement leaves Ukyo wondering what will happen next. “I challenge you to a fight!”
 
Going into a defensive posture, Ukyo thinks for a moment about what to say- and what to do… and comes to a conclusion. “My name is Ukyo… and I accept. He's made some mistakes… but I asked him to go there… so I guess I'm to blame for some of this. I'll be making things right… I don't need outside help…”
 
Mounting her pig, Akiri grins. “Fine… we'll duel for Ryoga. I will not be defeated again!”
 
 
Ukyo thinks about what's about to happen. `Great, another duel… I want to win this one. But I need to get Ryoga fixed up... I can't waste time on this… I'll worry about my personal feelings later. First...'
 
“Are you ready?”
 
“Whenever you are… but you should know one thing…” A small grin forms on Ukyo's face.
 
“And what's that?” Akiri asks with a huff.
 
“My specialty is pork…”
 
In the space of a few seconds, Ukyo pulls out her portable grill and turns it on. “Now… who's ready for some bacon?”
 
The giant sumo pig starts putting the pieces together… the grill with the flame going… the spatula… and hearing about pork and bacon… there was only one thing to do.
 
“What are you doing?” Akiri cries as her pig does a sudden about face and starts running away, squealing in fear.
 
 
Ryoga looks up at Ukyo in amazement and a little fear.
 
"Good it worked." Ukyo says while wiping her brow.
 
"What worked?" Ryoga asked nervously.
 
"I stopped cooking pork when I found out about your curse... but they didn't know that." She replies with a giggle. “I was worried for a moment there… when the pig didn't take off right away.”
 
Ryoga looks at her in amazement. "You mean... you weren't going to..."
 
She shook her head and then helped him up. "Not a chance, now lets get you inside sugar… it's been a rough day for both of us."
 
"STOP! I said stop Kat-suni-shi-ki!" The girl could be heard yelling as the pig ran away with her being bounced around on his large back.
 
 
The pair slowly make their way back to Ukyo's place, stopping several times for a moments' rest. After what feels like an eternity to Ryoga, he's back in her room.
 
“We're back…”
 
“And not a moment too soon… I'm running out of strength. Whew…” Ukyo wipes her brow. “I need a nap…”
 
“I think that doctor gave me some kind of pain killer… I'm feeling a little drowsy.” Ryoga says as he stumbles towards the center of the room.
 
“Be careful…” Ukyo's fears are unfounded, though, as the lost boy makes it to the futon and crawls inside. “I'm going to rest up here… it's been one crazy day. Heh… or is it a normal day for Nerima?”
 
The chef grins. “Hmm… good point. I'll be right back…”
 
Ryoga watches the young woman go into the bathroom and return shortly with a damp washcloth.
 
Ukyo looks down at her `patient'. “You're face… it's still dirty…”
 
“Oh…”
 
Wiping the dirt and smudges off of Ryoga's face, Ukyo cannot help but feel compassionate and nurturing inside. `I did get him into this… so I want to help him recover… again…'
 
“You umm… make a great… n-nurse…” Ryoga says with a slight blush. “I could umm… get used to this…”
 
“Oh, really?” Ukyo says with a sly grin. “Well… to tell you the truth… I kinda like it… I've never had a chance to do this before…” She looks down at her hand and what she's doing… and realizes that there may be more to this then just helping out an injured friend.
 
`Why is my heart beating so fast? All I'm doing is just wiping his forehead and his face off…'
 
“Thanks Ukyo… for everything…”
 
“Oh it's no…” Stifling a yawn, the chef continues. “No problem.”
 
“If you're tired, um…” Ryoga stops, realizing his suggestion may be taken the wrong way.
 
“Like I said… I could use a nap…” Nervously, the young woman looks down at the futon and tries to make a decision. `Who's going to know? I'm too tired to go all the way outside and drag in the other one… it was warm with him in it last night…'
 
A red blush crawls across Ukyo's face as she continues to ponder what to do.
 
“Move…”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Ryoga… move over…”
 
The warmth on Ukyo's face becomes even more visible to Ryoga… he moves over and watches her as she gets under the covers.
 
Lying her head back on the pillow, Ukyo notices his eyes watching her. “W-what are you staring at?” She says with a hint of nervousness in her voice.
 
“N-nothing…”
 
Diverting the conversation, Ukyo relays something she had been meaning to say since they got back. “I'll make something for us to eat after I get up…”
 
“Okay… that sounds good…” The closeness of the brunette next to him keeps Ryoga's thoughts on her… and his answers short. `She's next to me again… and this time it's because she wanted to be… she must like being with me, I think…'
 
It isn't long before Ukyo fall asleep, tired but also comfortable with her current position- no nervousness keeping her awake. Ryoga watches her for a little while before taking a nap himself, admiring her hair, her face, and her lips…
 
`She's pretty… I hope I get a chance to know her better…'
 
 
Several hours pass and Ukyo wakes up. After looking at a nearby clock, she becomes slightly panicked. `It's almost opening time and I'm not ready!'
 
Ukyo slips out of the futon and heads downstairs to prep her restaurant for business. It isn't long before the customers are at the door, awaiting entrance. With some quick moves and quick thinking, the young chef has everything set up and ready to go. A small crowd enters as soon as the door opens and the sign is flipped to open…
 
“We were waiting…” A few customers say as they enter.
 
Ukyo immediately apologizes and bows. “Sorry about that… I've had a lot of things to take care of and I'm running a little late…”
 
“No problem…” One of the female customers says before taking a look around. “Where's that helper of yours… the one with the bandana?”
 
“Oh… he's resting. He got injured today and he'll be out for a few days…” Ukyo says sadly.
 
“Well, I hope he's back soon. He was very helpful…”
 
That comment brings a smile to Ukyo's face. “Yeah…”
 
The dinner rush begins and Ukyo does her normal routine, cooking and serving- but as she heard earlier, her customers have taken notice of her helper and like his work. `I'm glad they like him…'
 
Upstairs, the still sleeping Ryoga hears all the activity downstairs and starts dreaming of food…
 
“That smells good…” The lost boy mumbles to himself as the smells of the restaurant start making their way upstairs.
 
“Hungry?” A gentle nudge causes Ryoga to wake up and rub his eyes.
 
“Ukyo?”
 
“The one and only. Eat up… you must be starving…” The chef says as she places the plate next to him. “It's about time for me to close up, so eat up and I'll be back in a few minutes.”
 
 
Ryoga, his hunger peaking, quickly reaches for the plate and takes the Okonomiyaki off of it. `Her cooking is so good… a man could learn to like eating like this all time…'
 
When Ukyo does return several minutes later, she finds the plate empty and Ryoga back under the covers.
 
“So, how are you feeling?”
 
Ryoga stretches his arms out. “I'm still a little sore… but other then that, I'm fine. Must be the quality nurse I have…”
 
That comment causes Ukyo to blush. “Yeah, umm… I'm doing my best…”
 
“I want to help you out tomorrow… I can't stay in bed all day. Besides, it's not good for the muscles…”
 
“Okay… people were asking about you today. You've got a good reputation in the restaurant…” Ukyo says with pride, knowing that her training and his efforts paid off with customer satisfaction.
 
“Good… I'm glad I could help…”
 
“I'm going to get ready for bed… I'll be back in a few minutes…”
 
 
The brunette heads outside and collects her now dry futon and brings it inside, placing it on the floor not too far away from Ryoga. She then grabs some clothes from one of her drawers and heads into the bathroom.
 
After brushing her teeth and changing into a more comfortable outfit- shirt and sweatpants, Ukyo returns and sits down on her futon. Ryoga watches her and deep down inside, is slightly disappointed that she's not going to be with him.
 
“See you in the morning… good night, Ryoga.”
 
“Good night, Ukyo…”
 
 
The two teens go to sleep right away, though their rest is interrupted by bad dreams in both cases. Getting beaten up… and unable to stop it. Seeing this happen… and being unable to stop it- these ideas plague both teens minds as the memories from this morning surface subconsciously. The two restless teens roll around and eventually end up in the middle of the floor, each away from their respective futon but within reach of the other.
 
The cold of the night soon affects both bodies… and they instinctively reach for the nearby warmth, the comfort both physically and emotionally.
 
To be continued in Chapter 12: The Amazons
 
The next chapter will focus more on Shampoo, Mousse, and Cologne… keep an eye out for more of my work, including new Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Neon Genesis Evangelion chapters…