Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 16: Training with the Happy Owl ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: Training with the Happy Owl
 
 
Author Notes: Time to continue the wonderful saga that is this story! Let's see what Happy has in store for the five young women…
 
I don't own the song “Brickhouse” by the Commodores. That's from the “Commodores” album of 1977 and is property of Motown records.
 
Thanks to my friend Steven for his help with some of the ideas and dialogue for Part A+B. Thanks also goes out to my friend Dennis for his help with prereading part B.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
Part A
 
The five women, donned in their “uniforms”, head into the Tendo dojo.
 
“Anyone here?” Akane calls out, wondering where the old man is at.
 
Happosai instantly recognizes the voice and calls out- “Ah, you're right on time. Come in, girls…”
 
After looking around for a moment, the five walk to the center of the dojo and begin looking for their “teacher”…
 
“I'll be ready in a few minutes… I have to review the list of moves again to refresh my memory…”
 

After hearing that, the five hone in on the voice and realize the old man is behind a screen, his silhouette clearly visible.
 
“Move list? I thought you said there weren't many moves in this art…” Akane says, remembering back to some of her prior training with Happosai.
 
“Oh no, there's a lot more… I just showed you all I could in the short time provided… it obviously worked…” Happosai says with a chuckle.
 
 
Ukyo, Shampoo, and Kodachi glance at Akane, causing the young woman to blush. After a moment, however, they shrug their shoulders and inwardly admit that they probably wouldn't have gone through such lengths to win… getting taught by Happosai was quite a… dedicated move on Akane's part.
 
 
“How about you five loosen up and stretch until I'm ready… let me play some music to help…”
 
Once again, the old man laughs and the five women begin to get concerned. `He's up to somethin', I just know it… he's laughing too much…' is the thought passing through Ranma-chan's mind.
 
 
After shrugging their shoulders, the “students” begin stretching and loosening up, all the while watching out for surprise attacks from the lecherous old man and are a little surprised when he doesn't try and grope them…
 
 
A short while later, music begins playing… and all five women look towards the source of the sound…
 
“What is that?” Ukyo asks aloud.... but gets no response.
 
<Whistling>
 
“Oww… she's a brick… house, she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out.”
 
Ranma-chan instantly recognizes the term and looks at Akane… who quickly places her hand over Ranma's mouth.
 
“Not now, Ranma…”
 
She's a brick… house. I like ladies stacked, and that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back…”
 
Oww…she's a brick… house…well put together, everybody knows… this is how the story goes...”
 
“She knows she's got everything that a woman needs to get a man… yeah, yeah…”
 
“How can she lose, that stuff she use… thirty six, twenty four, thirty six, oh what a winning hand…”
 
“She's a brick… house, she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out…”
 
“She's a brick… house. I like ladies stacked, that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back…”
 
“Oh, she's a brick… house. Yeah, she's the one, the only one, built like an Amazon…”
 
After hearing that, Shampoo exclaims- “Hi-yah! Song too too right… Amazons very built…”
 
The other four women roll their eyes… and Happosai mumbles to himself… “You have no idea…”
 
“The clothes she wear, her sexy ways… make an old man wish for younger days… yeah, yeah…
 
“She knows she's built and knows how to please… show `nuff to knock a strong man to his knees…”
 
Cause she's a brick… house, yeah she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out…”
 
“Brick… house. I like ladies stacked, and that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back…yow…
 
<Background music>
 
Brick… house, yeah she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out…”
 
Ow… brick… house. She's the one, the only one, built like an Amazon…”
 
<Background music>
 
“Ow… a brick… house…”
 
 
After the song ends, the five women stand and look at the old man, who's just emerged from behind the screen, walking quite casually…
 
“That's one of my favorite songs from the United States… I really agree with that one line talking about an old man wishing for younger days…”
 
“Oh, I'm sure…” Ranma-chan mumbles under her breath. “Enough with the music, let's get started!”
 
“Patience, patience. You and the other four “brickhouses” need to focus on control…” Happosai says, chiding Ranma-chan.
 
Ukyo looks down and wonders to herself. `Am I really one of these brick houses? Or is the old man just saying that…' Seeing how much this outfit accentuated her body, Ukyo decides to confront this issue later.
 
 
Up on the roof, Nabiki cannot believe that the old man picked such a song… `It did sound interesting, though. This brick house can definitely bring strong men to their knees… heh. I guess it's time now to see what these moves are really about…'
 
 
“Before we begin, I have just have one thing to say about those uniforms…” Happosai says while leering at the five women and their outfits.
 
“And what's that?” Akane asks defiantly.
 
"SWEETO!"
 
“Yeah, yeah…” the youngest Tendo says, quickly getting tired of the ogling by the old man.
 
"Akane will be my assistant, since has mastered some of the moves already, as you girls have obviously seen..."
 
A few "Hmmphs" are heard, Ukyo, Shampoo, and Kodachi don't want to be reminded of their earlier loss to Akane... yet again- it's still a sore subject for them. Happosai continues...
 
"Ranma, try and attack Akane and she will demonstrate the first technique, the "Short Range Hentai Block"
 
Akane walks over next to Happosai and then gets into a defensive stance. She nods at Happosai and then he yells "Go!"
 
"I ain't gonna hold back, Akane... here I come!" With that, Ranma-chan rushed at Akane...
 
The other three girls watched as Akane demonstrated the technique and remembered when she used it on them... the feelings that it caused would be distracting for any woman...
 
Ranma-chan couldn't believe what just happened... and she couldn't help but be red in the face. She had been groped by Happosai before... but she never had her nipples pinched. She thought to herself... 'That was more then a simple block... it was a grab and a pinch... and it made me feel... weird...'
 
"I don't remember you using that, Akane..."
 
Akane was quick to reply. "I used it after you ran off..."
 
"Oh..."
 
Ukyo speaks up. "I can see why these techniques wouldn't be taught to men, they'd look like perverts if they used them..." With that comment, she looked over at Happosai... and he just smiled.
 
"There are some exceptions, my dear..." Happosai said in his own defense. "I want each of you to try and attack Akane... watch what she does carefully. The next thing I will teach you is how to counter that block..."
 
Kodachi decides to volunteer to go next, despite her reservations about the “ecchi” nature of these maneuvers.
 
"Go ahead..." is the quick response by Happosai, eager to have them learn the basics... the advanced techniques he would have to teach personally... with "hands-on" experience. The other girls were too busy watching and/or fighting to notice the huge smirk on the old man's face...
 
Another hour is spent practicing all of the basic techniques- Akane is happy to demonstrate them... her reasoning is... 'The faster they learn, the quicker we get revenge...'
 
After taking a short break from their training session, the girls stand up again and see Happosai lost in deep thought, mumbling something about "advanced techniques..."
 
"Sounds like they're about to learn some kind of advanced techniques... I don't think any of them have even seen those... from what he's shown so far during this session. Could be interesting... " Nabiki said to herself softly while waiting for the part of the training to begin.
 
 
Happosai suddenly comes out of his meditation and addresses the five women. "I think you all are ready for one of the advanced techniques... I'll be demonstrating this one..."
 
All five women stop and look at Happosai, his last statement immediately makes them feel threatened. Being touched by a fellow girl was one thing... having the pervert touch them was another...
 
"Can I have a volunteer?" Happosai said with a grin. All of the girls took a few steps back... except for Ranma-chan, who stepped forward.
 
"So, Ranma, you're first. Prepare yourself."
 
 
Ranma-chan turns around and realizes the others have backed off. The other students look at Ranma-chan and notice that she stepped forward when they stepped back. All four are surprised by her volunteering to be first. Akane is impressed by what her fiancée just did, he would always be there to protect her from harm. Ukyo realized that Ranma indeed cared for her as a friend and wanted to protect her. Shampoo and Kodachi are also happy that their 'sister' was looking out for them as well.
 
 
The main reason behind Ranma's desire to volunteer was indeed a desire to protect the others. Akane had suffered enough at his hands to learn these techniques in the first place... he would forever be impressed with her determination to win and be with him. Akane did love him, that was the reason behind all of her suffering... and Ranma didn't want his love to suffer any more. Ukyo was her friend and sister, he didn't want to see her get violated. Same went for Shampoo and Kodachi, her Amazon sisters- she didn't hate them and wouldn't wish Happosai's "Hands-on" teaching to anyone...
 
Ranma-chan turned to face Happosai again. "Ready!"
 
"Good. This technique is called "Fabric Failure"...
 
 
Up on the roof, Nabiki's eyebrows go up. `Now that sounds really perverted… about time he got to the good stuff…'
 
A sarcastic comment immediately comes to mind and Akane looks down at the old man. "Sounds like something that you'd come up with..."
 
“Oh, I can't take all the credit for this move… I had totally forgotten about it until I looked at that list of mine…” Happosai says, ignoring the sarcasm from Akane. Snapping his fingers, the old man decides to get the training back on track. "Back to business. Ranma, using the techniques you just learned, try and block my attack..."
 
Ranma-chan quickly took a defensive posture. "All right, show me this technique!"
 
With that, Happosai charges the redhead. Ranma-chan blocks his first attack... and his second. She manages to grab and throw the old man after the second attack failed and feels quite confident...
 
"You've learned well, Ranma... but I still have a few more tricks to show you..." Happosai then jumped in the air and tried a direct aerial assault on Ranma-chan. She dodged it... or so she thought. A ripping sound fills the air... and then Ranma-chan feels a sudden chill. The other girls gasp at what just happened. Ranma-chan's entire outfit was just shredded, leaving her in her bra and panties.
 
The hidden observer on the roof has a few thoughts about what she just witnessed.
 
`Woah… that's definitely high on the perverted moves scale… I'm glad he hasn't used that on us…'
 
"What the hell was that?" Ranma-chan says while trying not to shiver, the heat never seemed to work properly in the dojo during the cooler times of the year.
 
Happosai replies non-chalantly. "Oh, just a humiliation move... it doesn't really damage your opponent, but the shock value is tremendous. Most women would be reluctant to fight in their underwear..."
 
Kodachi, Ukyo, and Shampoo are suddenly thankful that Akane was not taught this move... if she had used it against them, they would have been fighting in their underwear in front of the huge crowd that had assembled for the fight. The embarrassment would have been overwhelming...
 
"Who's next?" Happosai gleefully stated. When there was no audible reply, he decided to pick someone. "Akane, why don't you try and defend against me? It shouldn't be too hard, since you're the one with the most experience here..."
 
Akane immediately feels nervous... she had too much experience with Happosai and his perverted techniques. Knowing him, however, if she refused, he wouldn't demonstrate the remaining techniques...
 
"Okay..." Akane said as she walked away from the other three girls and towards Happosai. Ranma-chan placed a hand on her shoulder...
 
"Are you sure you wanna do this, Akane?" Ranma-chan asked out of concern for his fiancée...
 
Akane whispered back in Ranma-chan's ear. "It'll be fine... and we can't quit now. He hasn't taught all of the techniques yet..."
 
"Oh..." Was about all Ranma-chan could say in return, Akane's determination had impressed her yet again. What Ranma-chan didn't know was that Akane had suddenly remembered one of the techniques that she had learned in the past, it could possibly block the attack and allow a counter-attack in return... at least she hoped it would. 'I don't want to be showing off my bra and panties to the old pervert...'
 
"Ready!" Akane got immediately into a defensive stance as Ranma-chan stepped back. A moment later, Happosai charged forward, eager to get a view of his other favorite.
 
Akane quickly dodges Happosai's attack. He then decides to try an aerial assault like he had used versus Ranma-chan. Akane keeps him at bay with quick parries and defensive blocks, making sure he made no contact with her gi. As the fight progresses, Happosai becomes increasingly impressed with her increased defensive abilities... and realizes that he had to increase his attacks to try and overcome this.
 
It isn't long before Akane begins to run out of breath… she had kept him away from her clothes... but the pace was become too rapid, too draining for her stamina. Any moment now, he would get past her and cause her outfit to fall apart. She decides to take a gamble... lowering her guard for just a moment.
 
The very astute Happosai notices and immediately reached for her shirt at chest level. Akane lets him get to the fabric and just before the ripping begins, grabs him and falls backwards, slamming him to the ground. The other girls gasp at the suddenness of the attack and admired the results...
 
"Wow... nice move, Akane" Ukyo was the first to speak out. She thought to herself... 'Maybe there is something useful in these moves, even beyond the revenge factor...'
 
A dizzy Happosai slowly stood up and put a hand over his forehead. "I think that's enough for one day... class dismissed."
 
Ranma-chan put a reassuring hand on Akane's shoulder. She couldn't believe how strong her battle aura had been a moment ago... Akane was definitely improving. "Good work, Akane..."
 
Akane glared down at the wobbling Happosai as she replied back... "Thank you, Ranma. I think you need to get some clothes on, though…"
 
“Oh, yeah…” the suddenly self-conscious redhead exclaims. “It's a good thing I left a jacket in here yesterday…”
 
After donning the jacket for some cover, Ranma-chan heads for the door. “Let's get outta here…”
 
“Until next time…” the other four girls say on their way out, waving at the staggering old man, who continues to walk around the dojo in a daze. Nabiki watches the five enter the main house and then quietly climbs down from her observation spot. `I'd better get back to my room… so no one's suspicious. I don't want them to know I was up there…'
 
Nabiki quietly enters her room as soon as the five women head into Akane's room. She stretches out a little then lies on her bed and relaxes…
 
Next door, the five “students” talk about the training session they just had.
 
“That was… interesting… to say the least…” Ukyo says, not really knowing how to describe what she just witnessed.
 
Shampoo voices her opinion. “Shampoo think moves perverted…”
 
“I second that, sister…:” Kodachi says with a nod.
 
“That was pretty intense for one session… and he only showed one advanced technique… this could get a lot worse…” Akane says with a sigh.
 
“Well, we ain't gonna quit, right?” Ranma-chan says, not wanting the others to get depressed about this session.
 
“No…” is the common response back after a few seconds of silence.
 
“When are we going to do this again?” Ukyo asks. “I'm busy this weekend… maybe Monday after school?”
 
“That sound good to Shampoo…”
 
“That sounds reasonable to me as well…” Kodachi says, wanting to take a break from this “training” to recover.
 
“Okay… on Monday we'll meet here again…” Akane says before taking Ranma-chan's hand. “I have to take care of something with Ranma here… I'll see you three later. Feel free to change here… where it's safe.”
 
 
After dragging the redheaded martial artist out of the room, Akane sighs aloud. “Ranma, you need some new clothes… and I know just where to get them…”
 
Not knowing exactly what she means by that, Ranma-chan shrugs her shoulders and watches as Akane knocks on Nabiki's door.
 
 
Sitting up on her bed, the middle Tendo calls out- “Come in”
 
Akane and Ranma-chan enter the room and close the door. Nabiki feigns ignorance and begins voicing her observations almost immediately…
 
“Nice outfit, sis… are you planning on being a Hooters girl?”
 
“No…” Akane makes no effort to hide her disgust about the choice of uniform she had to wear. “This is what the old man had us wearing for this… training…”
 
“Oh, I see… hmm. It seems to have other effects as well… Ranma here can't stop looking at your butt… or your chest…”
 
“RANMA!” Akane calls out, not liking it when Ranma does that in front of others, especially Nabiki.
 
Quickly turning away, the redhead says “What?” and curses Nabiki for mentioning what she was just doing.
 
“Don't deny it, Ranma… you like her `Hooters'…”
 
“You're such a pervert, Nabiki…” the now blushing Akane says back.
 
“I'm just telling it like it is… Ranma didn't even deny it… hmm.” Nabiki takes another look at Ranma-chan and realizes something.
 
“Say, Ranma… where's your outfit?”
 
“The old man… ripped it somehow…” Unzipping the jacket, the redheaded martial artist shows the middle Tendo what she means. “Some move called fabric failure…”
 
“Ah… sounds like something that the old man would come up with. Ranma, that bra looks pretty tight… where'd you get that from?”
 
“Akane…”
 
“No wonder it's too small…” Nabiki comments aloud, causing Akane to become angry with her sister and her jokes.
 
“Well EXCUSE ME! I was only trying to help Ranma out… and keep her from bouncing around in front of the old man…”
 
“It was a good idea… but Nabiki is right, it is a little tight…”
 
“I forgot about the… difference… and didn't think about it until a few minutes ago. Is there something that Ranma can borrow for this training?”
 
“Hmm… I think I can find something… hold on…”
 
 
Nabiki walks over to her underwear drawer and looks for a bra that would be supportive and keep Ranma-chan from unduly bouncing around during this training. It isn't long before she returns with a potential “winner”.
 
“Try this one on… this should work…”
 
“Okay…”
 
Reaching her hands behind her back, Ranma-chan tries to unhook the bra… but fails.
 
"Umm... Akane... a little help here?" the embarrassed martial artist says, silently cursing her current dilemma.
 
"I swear, you're hopeless as a woman..." Akane says before unhooking the bra. The garment is quickly removed and handed to Akane… Ranma-chan is very happy to be free of the restricting garment...
 
"I can finally breath again, that was really too tight. Let's see if this one works better…”
 
Nabiki hands the bra over to Ranma-chan, who quickly puts it on. Akane hooks up the back for her fiancée and then gently gives her a push forward. “Look in the mirror and see if you like it…”
 
“Not bad…” is the reply back after the redhead gets a better look at herself in the mirror. “I had no idea we're almost the same size…” she says while gently tugging on one of the straps.
 
“Who knew?” Nabiki says with a shrug. “You can keep that, Ranma… I have plenty of bras.”
 
“Thanks…” Donning the jacket again, the redhead zips it up. “I'm gonna take a hot shower and change back into regular clothes… I've had enough of being a girl for one day…”
 
“Yeah, it's hard being one, isn't it?” Nabiki says with a slight bit of sarcasm.
 
“You know what… I'm really starting ta see that it is…”
 
After taking a quick glance at Akane, Ranma-chan leaves the room and the two sisters talk some more…
 
“You know, sis, he's one of the only guys that truly realizes what being a girl is all about. Maybe he'll be a little bit more… sympathetic then he was before…”
 
Akane is surprised by her sisters' comment… and realizes that she might be onto something.
 
“Maybe… he's truly different then any other guy that I've met…”
 
“That's an understatement. Face it, sis… you wanted him from day one, you were just too stubborn to admit it…”
 
Akane blushes but says nothing.
 
“I don't want to keep you from relaxing… I'm sure you've had quite a day. Dinner should be ready soon and I don't think you want to be down at the table in that uniform… unless you're the server…” Nabiki says that last part with a wink, causing Akane to roll her eyes.
 
“No… this Hooters girl is going to change out of this uniform right now…” Akane says as she heads for the door.
 
“See you at dinner then…” Nabiki says while waving to her departing sister. `It's going to be boring without those two here this weekend… maybe I should go out with Kuno again… I don't Happosai offering to teach me any “new moves”…'
 
End Part A.
 
Start Part B
 
 
After the intensive training in the dojo, Akane changes out of the Hooters uniform and places it on a hangar. Before hanging it in her closet, however, she pauses in front of the mirror. She holds the uniform in front of her body and grins.
 
`This uniform is really perverted… but for some reason, Ranma couldn't stop staring at me today. I guess I was living up to his claims that I'm a sexy tomboy… heh. I'd never thought I'd see the day I'd actually like being called a tomboy, looks like Ranma's pet-name for me is really gotten a hold of me.'
 
 
After a soft sigh, the youngest Tendo puts the uniform in her closet and heads downstairs, stopping occasionally to stretch. `My back muscles are sore… I really did push myself trying to avoid get touched by the old man.'
 
 
Ranma notices Akane's movements and has a feeling about what's going on. He makes a mental note to talk to her after dinner and catches up to the young woman…
 
“Hey Akane…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Nice job earlier, yah really pounded the old man…”
 
Akane turns around and nods her head. “He underestimated me and he did say to defend against his attacks so…”
 
“Sounds like you two had some fun today…” Nabiki says to the pair before walking into the dining room. She turns around and calls to the couple- “Hey, dinner's ready and everyone's waiting.”
 
 
Ranma decides to cut that conversation topic short and talk to Akane about that later. The pig-tailed martial artist exchanges glances with his fiancée and the two head over to the dining room table and sit down next to each other.
 
 
“We were waiting for you- the food's going to get cold so eat up…” Nodoka says cheerfully before passing some miso soup over to her son. Kasumi passes a bowl of salad over to Akane before returning to her own meal.
 
Next to Nodoka, Genma and Soun are eating dinner with their usual gusto. The middle Tendo eats a bit slower, her mind being preoccupied with certain things.
 
“I would like to hear about your training today, Ranma… I was out shopping and didn't get to stop in and see what kind of martial arts Master Happosai was teaching you.”
 
 
Nabiki's eyebrows go up but she says nothing. Ranma finishes his soup and then sighs aloud.
 
“It was… interesting, ta say the least. I wasn't a big fan of the uniforms he picked out for us, he got to see too much of us.”
 
 
“I see. I'm sure he had his reasons…” the Saotome matriarch says before asking another question. “How much did you learn? I want you to continue to broaden your martial arts knowledge.”
 
“A lot, I guess, though most of it was perverted stuff- right, Akane?”
 
Akane nods her head. “Yep. Very perverted… way beyond anything I used to fight the other girls with in that big battle. They'd have killed me if I used any of the moves I saw today in that battle…”
 
“But you are learning new things?”
 
Soun interrupts. “If you don't want to do it, then don't. I know how the Master tends to act… improper around you.”
 
 
Genma softly belches and then falls backwards, hitting the floor. Nodoka looks over at her husband and notices that he's passed out.
 
 
Ranma shows a little concern for what just happened. “Okay, what just happened ta pops?”
 
A curious Nabiki turns and looks for herself. “It looks like he fell asleep to me.”
 
 
“Oh, it's nothing… he must've been tired from all the work he had to do today.” Nodoka says with a slight giggle.
 
“Work? Him?” an unbelieving Ranma asks aloud. “Since when does he work?”
 
“He was working today at a new part-time job I got for him, plus helping with the shopping. I even had him help out Kasumi in the kitchen…”
 
“Really?” Akane asks her older sister.
 
Nodding her head, Kasumi answers in the affirmative. “Yes, Mister Saotome helped make dinner.”
 
“Wow, I'm surprised it was even edible then…” Ranma says jokingly.
 
“Now now, your father can cook a little, we ate as well as we could on the road.” Soun chides Ranma and tries to stick up for his friend.
 
“This is all too much…” Akane says, playing along with Ranma's last comment.
 
“He better get used to it… and more. He has plenty of accounts to settle and if he wants to avoid any `dishonorable' consequences, he'll be doing as I say.” Nodoka says while looking down at the sleeping Genma, who twitches a little.
 
Kasumi takes the remaining food and passes it over to Ranma and Akane, who eagerly eat it up, being very hungry from their earlier battle. “We gotta work on some homework, so excuse us…”
 
“Have fun, and make sure that you let Akane know how much you APPRECIATE her help…” Nodoka says, carefully dropping a hint to her son. The young man blushes and starts backing away from the table and soon out of sight. Akane does her best not to blush, being aware of what Auntie Nodoka was suggesting they do.
 
“Oh, I'm sure Akane APPRECIATES his help, too, Auntie.” Nabiki says, adding her “two cents” in.
 
The Saotome matriarch agrees with that 100%. “I hope so, that's what engaged couples should be doing…”
 
 
Feeling the redness about envelope her face, Akane excuses herself from the table and makes a quick dash upstairs to the safety of her room. Nodoka, seeing her topic of conversation leave, decides to turn to another target.
 
“Tell me about this new boyfriend of yours, dear.”
 
Nabiki is caught unawares by that question and is unsure of how to answer. “Umm… Kuno, well…”
 
“I've heard that formerly crazy young man is now quite sane, along with his sister.” Soun says, mentioning some of the information he had heard recently.
 
“Yeah, he's sane. I wouldn't have gone out with him if he was like his old self- I'm not desperate for a date or anything.”
 
“Of course not. That was the young man that gave you that medieval outfit, right?”
 
“You saw that?” is the slightly surprised reply from Nabiki.
 
“You were coming back from the dojo and I happened to catch a glimpse of you in it. It seems to me like he really appreciates your looks.” Nodoka says with an affirmative nod.
 
“That I can agree with.” Nabiki inwardly grins. `He's seen more then just that costume… but that doesn't bother me much. If I really had a problem with those pictures, I would've taken them away from him… I must be getting soft or something…'
 
“Maybe you should have him over for dinner sometime…” Soun suggests, wanting to see this “new Kuno” with his own eyes. “I'd like to… talk with him.”
 
“I could make a wonderful dinner, just for you two…” a happy Kasumi adds, wanting to help her sister out.
 
“It's not like I don't appreciate the thought- we just started dating, though. I'll talk to him at school tomorrow and we'll see… there's some rehearsals and stage setup activities this weekend.”
 
“That's nice, you're already spending your free time with him. Sounds very promising to me.”
 
“I guess, Auntie.” Nabiki shrugs her shoulders. “It's still new to me, our relationship.”
 
“I'm sure your father would like to have two of his daughters to be engaged, so if this man is as good as you think he is…”
 
That catches Nabiki off guard. “Engaged?”
 
“Now now, Nodoka, let's not put Nabiki in the same category as Akane and Ranma.” Soun says, stepping in to take some of the heat off of his daughter.
 
Seeing her chance, the middle Tendo quickly wipes her mouth and takes her leave. “Dinner was great, but I have homework to do. I'll see everyone later…”
 
 
Nabiki exchanges glances with her father on the way out and quickly heads up to the relative safety of her room. After closing and locking the door, she breathes a sigh of relief.
 
`That was close. Looks like Auntie has it in for me, too- I better keep my relationship with Kuno on the quiet side in front of her or the questions will never end.'
 
The young woman pauses to look at a small box on her dresser. She thinks about the gift and remembers that one incident where Kuno had asked her to marry him…
 
`He must be remembering something about his past, getting that keychain with the golden tennis racket couldn't be a coincidence. Maybe that's something we could do together, play tennis- and see how things go.'
 
 
After giving herself a determined nod in the mirror, Nabiki opens up her school books and gets right to work, feeling good inside about being creative and challenging herself. Next door, Ranma and Akane are finishing up their writing assignments, thankful that tonight they didn't have a lot of homework to do.
 
“Finished. What a day…” Akane says while putting down her pencil. “It was kinda nice, though, to beat Happosai… despite having to deal with those perverted moves of his.”
 
“Just wait until Monday afternoon, I'm sure they'll be even worse” Ranma adds halfheartedly while adding the finishing lines to his homework.
 
“Oh, I'm sure they will. That one move he used on you, that was really bad.”
 
Ranma shakes his head. “It gave that old freak a peep show and I ain't gonna let that happen again.”
 
“I don't want that to happen to anyone of us- I think he'll think twice before trying to pull that move for fun, though.” Akane says before shrugging her shoulders. Ranma notices what's she doing and remembers that she did that several times while they were working on their homework… it bothers him a little.
 
“Hey, is somethin' wrong with your shoulders? You've been shrugging them a lot…”
 
“Oh, I must've strained them trying to avoid losing my outfit to that shredding move of his.”
 
Ranma offers to help out. “Well, lie down on the bed and let me help yah out. I don't want to see you in pain or anythin'”
 
“Okay” Akane says, immediately agreeing with the idea and liking how caring Ranma's being towards her. She grabs a pillow and lies down on her stomach and takes a few deep breaths before relaxing.
 
“Thanks, Ranma, for helping me out.”
 
“Anythin' for my tomboy…” is his reply before getting on the bed. “Are yah ready?”
 
“Yeah, go ahead.”
 
Gently but firmly, Ranma does his best to relax Akane's shoulders, taking out any knots that may have been present. Akane enjoys the attention and care that her fiancée is showing towards her and closes her eyes while he's working his magic. She cannot help but softly moan his name every so often, causing the pig-tailed martial artist to blush.
 
 
“It sounds like I'm, umm, doing a good job” Ranma comments softly to himself.
 
“Mmm- I'm really APPRECIATING this, Ranma” Akane says with a slight giggle.
 
“It's nice being able to touch yah like this… and not getting malleted in the process” Ranma says jokingly as the massage continues, in an effort to lighten the mood. “Yah gotta stay loose or your stiff muscles will affect your performance…”
 
“Maybe I need you to do this more often, you're very good” Akane says softly.
 
“I'm sure we could work somethin' out… maybe even do this again up at that resort. We won't have to worried about being bothered up there, I don't think the old man will follow us up there this time… and you and I can get rid of him quick if he does.'
 
“That's a good idea, I like it. I hope it's peaceful up there, even though it never is with this house… or this neighborhood” the youngest Tendo says with a soft sigh.
 
“Yeah”
 
 
Feeling very comfortable and content but wanting to spend some more time with Ranma, Akane decides to return the favor.
 
“Your turn, Ranma”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I want to rub your shoulders…” Akane sits up on the bed. “Time for me to make you feel appreciated”
 
Ranma smiles. “If you insist”
 

The two teens switch places and Ranma relaxes himself, letting Akane's strong but delicate hands work on his back and shoulders. “A guy could get used to this…”
 
“Oh, I bet. You're getting a back rub in my bedroom in my bed… must be a fantasy come true for you…” Akane says with a sly grin.
 
Ranma has a quick response to that, one that silences Akane for a moment. “Or maybe it's one of your fantasies”
 
 
A slight “bop” on the head is Akane's non-verbal reply to that. He's unfazed, however. “Bopping me ain't gonna take away from the truth, you can't get enough of your `baka'”
 
“I guess not. Ranma, about tomorrow… will you help me practice my swimming again? I want to get some more practice in- being able to swim is something that's definitely worth learning”
 
“Sure, no problem. Maybe this time we could go for one of those nature hikes that they have, since we didn't get to do that last time. I heard there was some kinda special animal area, too…”
 
“Oh yeah, the wild monkeys. I'll be sure to pack my camera. I also got two new surprises to show you tomorrow, after we get there.” Akane says happily.
 
That peaks Ranma's attention. “Oh?”
 
“You'll just have to wait and see. I also wanted to say `thanks' for earlier today, you were about to give me a compliment but I stopped you.”
 
“Oh, that. It was no problem, I think you have a good figure”
 
“Thanks…”
 
 
Ranma feels Akane's hands slowing down and wonders what's going on. They soon stop all together and the young woman rests her body on top of his.
 
“I know you mean that, Ranma, with all your heart. I'm trying to compliment you, too… I've hurt you a lot and most of the time, it was over stupid things.”
 
“I think the only stupid thing was that you and I didn't come to a understandin' or somethin' earlier- this is the biggest challenge I've ever had, trying to be a good fiancée when I still don't know too much about women…”
 
Akane agrees with that, to a certain point. “Well, you can relate to us a little better then most guys, whenever you're not flaunting your figure just to get sweets or to mess someone…”
 
“Oh come on, I haven't done that in a while.”
 
“My sister used to do that a lot, especially to Kuno. I think she'll get a slightly different response if she tries now- he'll actually like it and want more.”
 
Ranma grins. “Hookin' her up with him, especially since he's pretty sane was a good idea. I think you and I are better off now that she has some distractions of her own.”
 
“Not all distractions are bad… I liked it when you umm… distract me.” Akane admits softly.
 
“Me too, you're best looking distraction I ever seen…”
 
“Oh, Ranma… only you would give me a compliment like that- but that's what makes you special.” Akane yawns loudly and then Ranma follows suit.
 
“Man, I must be tired, I'm falling asleep here.”
 
 
Akane thinks about her options and decides on something a little bold. Nervously, she makes a bold suggestion to her fiancée.
 
“Ranma, you can sleep here. I'm umm… okay with that, I mean…”
 
“Yah don't want me to leave?” Ranma asks, hoping inside for a “no” answer.
 
“N-n-n-o, I don't.” Akane softly stutters.
 
“I'll stay, I know we were gonna do this tomorrow night but this is a bonus, I guess. I did promise to be more givin' with yah, and this isn't anythin' hard to play along with.” Ranma says while trying not to blush.
 
`Still, she's asking me to stay in her room and in her bed. This is kinda like a dream'
 
 
Akane slowly gets up and turns out the light. Snuggling her head against his back, she offers another three words to the martial artist before going to sleep.
 
“Good night, Ranma”
 
“Good night, Akane.”
 
 
Despite her nervousness, Akane falls asleep right away. Ranma stays awake a little longer and thinks about Akane's boldness a few minutes ago. `She has to want me bad if she'd ask me to stay… this ain't too bad, though. She's very warm and soft… and it's really nice to see this side of her. Who knew she had such a cute, compassionate side in that tomboy exterior?'
 
With that thought in mind, Ranma finally falls asleep.
 
 
Elsewhere in the Nerima area, at the Kuno estate, Kodachi is looking around her room, trying to find clues about her past before the madness or any hints of why she is the way she is. For whatever reason, her eyes seem to be draw back to the black leotard and the new Hooters uniform she had changed out of previously.
 
`I take it that I'm used to showing off my body, given these feelings. That's not necessarily bad, I did like that Chinese outfit I got from Shampoo. There has to be more, though. I'm supposed to be this “Black Rose”… but who am I really? Where did I come from and where are my parents? I'll have to talk with my brother and see if he knows any more then I do…'
 
 
As the soul-searching continues, Kodachi cannot but feel empty inside- it's as if the insanity she once had filled a void in her life and with that now missing, the empty feeling returns…
 
 
After the nights work is done, Mousse and Shampoo turn in for the night. The male Amazon has been curious all evening about his wife's new training uniform… since she's been teasing him about it since her return.
 
“Okay, okay… I've had enough of your teasing for one day. Show me this uniform already…”
 
Shampoo closes the door. “Old man make us wear uniform, Shampoo think it's perverted but Shampoo also like it at the same time…”
 
“I see” Mousse sighs and removes his shirt, in order to get more comfortable and prepare for bed.
 
“Shampoo want to surprise airen… Mousse close eyes for Shampoo…”
 
The young man is more then happy to oblige. “Okay”
 
 
Once her husband's eyes are closed, Shampoo heads over to the closet and takes out the uniform. She quickly strips down to her underwear and changes into the Hooters uniform, pausing only to catch a sideways glance of herself in the mirror.
 
`Shampoo look very sexy tonight… hope airen likes this…'
 
A gentle kiss to the cheek signals to Mousse that it's okay to look. “What airen think?”
 
The young Amazon opens his eyes and gazes at his wife and her new uniform. Only one word comes to mind…
 
“Woah”
 
“You like?” the teasing Shampoo says with a wink.
 
“Y-yeah… it's great. It really shows off your ummm… full figure.”
 
“Shampoo's thoughts exactly” the young Amazon woman says before locking him into an intimate embrace. “Shampoo feel very sexy tonight… and airen looking very handsome”
 
“I can tell, and thanks…” Mousse's face gets redder and redder as she begins kissing his neck and pressing her chest against his. His hands slowly but instinctively wrap around her body and hold her close as he returns her affections. It isn't long before his busy hands discover another benefit of the uniform- the way it really showcases her hips and behind.
 
“No wonder you wanted to show me this all night… I never imagined I see you in something like this, though.”
 
“Shampoo like to have fun… despite the way she got the uniform in the first place. Shampoo want to be airen's Hooter's girl”
 
“You can be that anytime, as long as you're with me. We've got a lot of challenges ahead, you know- I'm sure this peace isn't going to last forever”
 
The young woman nods her head. “Yes. That's why Shampoo want to form good bonds with airen, so when times get tough…”
 
Mousse finishes her sentence. “We know each other well…”
 
“Yes…” is the reply back from Shampoo, who snuggles against her husband's chest. “Thank you”
 
“Anything for you, Shampoo” Mousse says while gently lying back on the bed, allowing his wife's body to stay against his. She's about to draw the blanket over them both when Mousse asks a seemingly innocent question.
 
“You're going to wear that to bed?”
Airen don't want Shampoo to wear uniform?”
 
The young Amazon softly chuckles. “No, I was just thinking… there's only thing better then seeing you in a Hooter's uniform…”
 
“What could be better then that?” the curious young woman asks.
 
“Seeing you out of it…” the red-faced Mousse says, not believing how perverted his mind had become in a such a short time, thanks to his new wife.
 
 
Even Shampoo herself is a little surprised by his comment… but is still flattered nonetheless. “Mousse become pervert, yes?”
 
“What can I say, you're umm… friendliness and attitude about certain things is catchy…” is the slightly stammered response back.
 
“Is okay. Shampoo want airen that lust after Shampoo body and soul”
 
“I like having all of your affection, too” Mousse admits.
 
“Then show Shampoo how much you want her tonight…”
 
A wide grin forms on Mousse's face. “No problem”
 
 
 
A quite opposite situation is occurring across town at Uc-chan's Café, where Ukyo and Ryoga are finishing the night's cleaning.
 
 
“Just about done. You've been awfully quiet tonight, did anything bad happen at that training you went to?” Ryoga asks, wondering about his girlfriend.
 
“It was a long day, sugar. I learned a lot, but let's say the moves were pretty underhanded… moves that I probably wouldn't even have done in the past, I do have standards you know”
 
“I know you do. Still, there's something I've been meaning to ask you. You mentioned a special uniform and you came in with sweats on… I didn't even get to see it”
 
Ryoga's curiosity about the uniform makes Ukyo feel embarrassed at first… but she brushes that aside, at least for the moment. “If you want to see it that badly, then okay. Let's get everything wrapped up down here first”
 
“Sure thing…” the lost boy says, feeling some anticipation as he cleans. `I bet it has to be something showy, since it was the old man teaching them. Maybe that's why she's being quiet about it'
 
 
It isn't long before the restaurant is cleaned up and everything is stored away for the weekend, since it won't be opening again until Monday afternoon. Ukyo walks up to the head of the stairs and shyly motions at Ryoga, who silently acknowledges her request.
 
Inside her bedroom, the brunette chef opens her closet and after a momentary pause, reaches in and grabs the hanger with the “Hooters” uniform on it.
 
“Well, you wanted to see it, so here it is” Ukyo says softly while turning the hanger around to face her boyfriend.
 
“Oh… a “Hooters” uniform. I've seen those before…” Ryoga says while sporting only a minor blush.
 
Ukyo is confused by his reaction. “No nosebleed? I mean umm… sorry. I was expecting you to react differently.”
 
The lost boy brushes that comment off and grins. “When you get lost as much as I do, you end seeing all kinds of restaurants. I've had dinner at a couple of “Hooters” in the last few years…”
 
“That makes sense, you're quite the traveler. I wish I had a chance to see as much of the world as you have…” the brunette chef says with a small grin on her face in attempt to tease her boyfriend.
 
“Most of the time it isn't fun, Ukyo. That curse I almost as bad as the Jusenkyo curse” is Ryoga's retort to that.
 
“Hmm, good point.”
 
“Those restaurants have some good food, especially their chicken wings. What they did over in the United States to come up with that, I don't know- but the flavoring is great!” Ryoga says while imaging the food- he cannot help but lick his lips at the thought.
 
“I had never heard of or seen one of those restaurants before this training. Tell me about the waitresses, how did they look?” Ukyo says before putting the uniform away and closing her closet door. When she turns around, she finds her boyfriend silently staring out into space, which makes the young brunette chef curious.
 
`I wonder what he's thinking? I better find out…'
 
 
After sitting down next to Ryoga on the futon, Ukyo leans her head on his shoulder. “Well?”
 
“They umm… looked nice- you already know what that uniform does to your umm, you know…”
 
The young woman giggles. “You can say it, I'm sure I won't be making any judgments anytime soon when it comes to perverted things… I did volunteer to be trained by the old man after all”
 
After hearing that, Ryoga gulps and then speaks, not believing that he was just given license to say what he was thinking.
 
“Their curves, the uniform really showed off their butts and their b-breasts a lot…”
 
“So the old man wasn't lying about the uniform.” Ukyo begins rubbing her right hand on his back. “Would I make a good waitress there?”
 
That comment catches Ryoga completely off guard. “You?”
 
“I'm just curious what you think of my looks… I already have my own restaurant, so I'm not serious about working somewhere else…” the brunette says softly.
 
“Of course you look good, I think you're cute”
 
A slight blush forms on Ukyo's face. “Thanks… but do you think I'm more then that? You know, girly and feminine? Sexy?”
 
“Well, umm… you know…” Ryoga begins twiddling his fingers together. “Yeah, you look great, Ukyo. Very girly and sexy…”
 
 
Without warning, Ryoga gets “love tackled” by his girlfriend, who starts passionately kissing him.
 
`Maybe I need to compliment her like this more often… damn that feels good…' is the thought in the lost boy's mind as his hands wrap around her back.
 
After expressing her thanks for the compliment, the red-faced chef pulls away slightly and smiles.
 
“Thanks… I really needed to hear that.”
 
“N-no problem. I forgot to say that you're very umm feminine, too…” Ryoga adds, making sure to answer her question fully.
 
“You don't what it means to hear you say that. I've been one way so long, been focused on one thing and now that's gone. I have a reason to be girly again… and I want you to help me, please…” Ukyo says in an almost pleading manner. “Help me”
 
“Of course I'll help you… anything for you. You saved me, nursed me back to health… stayed with me even after I told you my story. Who else would do that?” Ryoga says in return, baring his soul.
 
“Only a crazy chef like me” a grinning Ukyo says.
 
“I feel less lost with you” is his counter to that. “I guess we're both crazy”
 
Silently, Ukyo acknowledges that before yawning and looking up at the clock. She gently caresses Ryoga's cheek before speaking what's on her mind.
 
“We've got a long day tomorrow… let's get ready for bed. We can talk on the train tomorrow… and at the hotel. I know we'll have a lot of fun…”
 
Her boyfriend agrees 100% with that statement and pulls her back into an embrace. “I'm sure we will”
 
 
Friday
 
 
Nodoka gets up early and finds that her son's futon hasn't been used at all. She quietly tip-toes over to Akane's room and peeks inside.
 
`Now that's cute, I knew he'd be here. I think he's really beginning to appreciate any chance to be with that young woman. They'll have lots of fun at the hot springs this weekend if they're already this close.'
 
 
Gently, Nodoka touches Akane's head. “Daughter in-law… wake up…”
 
“Huh, what?” the groggy Akane says as her eyes flitter open. “Auntie Nodoka…”
 
“Good morning. I see you were doing some extra studying last night with my son.” Nodoka says with a wink.
 
“Well, umm, maybe…”
 
“It's okay, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. I think it's cute that you two decided to sleep together last night.”
 
Akane doesn't like her choice of words. “You don't have to say it that way… this was more of a… mutual snuggle.”
 
“Well, whatever you want to call it, I call it progress. I'll have grandkids in no time at this rate…”
 
 
Red covers Akane's face in an instant, being plainly visible in the dimly lit room. The Saotome matriarch sees this and backs off, just a little. “I stopped in to let you both know that breakfast is ready. If you want me to, I'll keep this a little secret- as long as you promise to tell me all about your trip when you come back and what kind of progress you two are making.”
 
“I guess that's a deal…” Ranma is the next thing on Akane's mind. She whispers in his ear. “Hey, wake up!”
 
“Is it morning already?” he says groggily.
 
“Of course… my manly son! I'm so proud of you, taking care of Akane like this” is Nodoka's cheerful response back.
 
 
“Mom?” Ranma instantly wakes up and begins to panic. “I umm, well, it's not what you think… I mean…”
 
“Ranma, it's okay…” Akane says quickly before Ranma freaks out.
 
“Oh”
 
“It's only natural for you two to be together… I'll be waiting for you downstairs. Your father will soon be heading off to work…” she says with a grin. “He has plenty of debts to pay off…”
 
 
With that, Nodoka leaves the two alone. After she leaves, the two exchange glances.
 
“That still sounds weird, her talking about Pops workin'…”
 
“It shocks me, too. We better get downstairs before anything else happens” Akane says, glancing in the direction of her sister Nabiki's room.
 
“Okay, that sounds good. I'll see yah downstairs then” Ranma says while sitting up. Akane blushes and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek.
 
“Thanks for staying with me”
 
“No problem, I had fun sleeping with yah last night…”
 
A quick mallet strike voices Akane's anger over her fiancee's comment. “Pervert! You didn't have to say it like that!”
 
“Oww!” the woozy Ranma says before making his escape. “I hope you aren't like that tonight”
 
 
After hearing that, Akane is silent and has no reply to her fiancée who promptly leaves to get changed. `Maybe I overreacted… it's just… arrgh! It's not really too perverted if we do stuff like that together, we are engaged and pretty close to being married. I just can't help myself sometimes… I hope that he's not mad.'
 
The pair get ready for breakfast and head downstairs at almost the same time… the sight of Genma running out the front door catches their attention.
 
“I guess he's off to work, wherever that is” Ranma quips.
 
“I swear it's getting weirder around here all the time” Akane says while shaking her head.
 
“Oh, I agree with you. Having the Kuno's being sane was just the tip of the iceberg…” Nabiki says to her sister and Ranma, who turn and look up the staircase at the middle Tendo daughter. “I'm not complaining, yet.”
 
“Let's just hope it keeps on bein' a good `weird'” the pig-tailed martial artist says before heading downstairs, the two Tendo sisters are right behind him.
 
 
Breakfast is quick, Nabiki has a lot to do at school and wants to leave early to talk with Kuno… and to avoid any more interrogations by Nodoka. Akane and Ranma talk a little bit with Soun and Nodoka, mainly about the upcoming weekend trip.
 
“You two be on your best behavior” Soun says to the departing pair. “I'll see you when you get home from school…”
 
Akane turns around and smiles. “Sounds good, dad”
 
Kasumi also calls out to the departing pair. “I'll have some food for your trip ready when you get back!”
 
“Great, we'll be looking for it when we get back…” Ranma says, liking the thought of eating some more Kasumi's wonderful cooking.
 
End Part B.
 
Start Part C.
 
At school, time seems to drag- the two teenagers are both secretly looking forward to their getaway… but lunch time is the first hurdle to clear. Before the lunch break, however, Miss Hinako announces a special assignment for the weekend to the class.
 
“I want a one page paper on Monday from everyone…”
 
Several calls of “Aww man!” are heard but are silenced by her glare. “Ahem. As I was saying, there's a special assignment- I want you to write one page on what you plan to do after high school.
 
“It doesn't have to be super detailed, just explain what your plans are. You'll be third year students soon and college is around the corner so it's time to think about this seriously. You're dismissed for lunch…”
 
The bell rings a moment later, signaling the official start of lunch. Ranma and Akane are about to take out their lunch when both get pulled aside by their friends, asking what their plans are for the weekend. Ukyo sees this activity and wonders what's going on.
 
`They seem to be all excited about something… maybe they've got some big plans for the weekend or something. I know I do- but this new paper has me thinking, what do I want to do?'
 
Several minutes later, a very embarrassed Ranma opens his bento box and begins to eat, feeling glad that the “innocent” questions that his friends Hiroshi and Daisuke had been asking are over. Akane slides her desk over a little and silently glances at Ranma.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Well, yeah… now that the questions are over. Those guys got all excited when I told `em I was busy this weekend… they were askin' some really personal questions about us…”
 
Akane softly nods her head. “Same here. Yuka and Sayuri almost died when I told them we were going back to that hot spring again… they're so happy for us. They were asking me some personal question, too…”
 
“You and I are always the hot topic here…” Ranma says half-heartedly.
 
“Hmm… I wonder why? There's been so much that's happened here since you came, some of it bad, some of it good…” is her reply while getting out her own bento. “It's been pretty good lately, though”
 
“I think so, too… it's nice to see this side of you, though you can still hit pretty hard wit' that mallet of yours…” Ranma says cautiously while picking at his lunch.
 
“About that… I'm sorry… I know you didn't mean it like that- it was just a reflex action” the youngest Tendo says softly before digging into her own lunch.
 
“At least I don't have to worry too much about you being able to defend yourself these days… you still wield a mean mallet plus all those moves you know…”
 
Akane is flattered by the comment but still has something to add to that thought. “I'm still nowhere near your level, though. Some of your moves are just… crazy”
 
“Well, you do what yah gotta do ta survive” is his reply before returning his attention to his lunch. Akane silently observes her fiancée as she eats and makes note of his subtle change in attitude since that big fight went down… and how she's changed.
 
 
The second half of the school day passes by a little faster, both Akane and Ranma are thinking about their new assignment. When the final bell rings, the two are surprised to see Ukyo say a quick “goodbye” and take off, seemingly quite happy about something.
 
 
The brunette chef takes off and runs home, where Ryoga is waiting with their backpacks.
 
“I made some food for us to eat on the train, are you ready to go?”
 
“Sure! Just be sure to keep a hold of my hand, I don't need you getting lost on me…” the chef says with a slight giggle.
 
“Your mom gave me the directions earlier, we have to go over to the Nerima station and then take the train over to the main Tokyo station, then we get on one of those speed trains…” Ryoga says while glancing at a small scrap of paper in his hand.
 
“Then we're ready to go” Ukyo says while boldly taking Ryoga's hand and holding it. “Let's get over to the train station before the evening rush hour really takes hold- I don't want to be packed in like a sardine in those train cars”
 
“Me either, it's crazy down there…” Ryoga says with a slight blush, taking note of the fact that his girlfriend is holding his hand in public. With a gentle tug, she pulls him towards their bags and soon the couple is heading off towards their weekend getaway…
 
 
Back at the Tendo house, Ranma and Akane arrive and quickly change into some more comfortable street clothes before grabbing their backpacks and heading downstairs. Kasumi hands them each a bento box for their journey.
 
“Have a nice trip!”
 
“Thanks, sis!” Akane says while catching a whiff of the aromas coming from the box. “It smells great!”
 
“Thanks, Kasumi”
 
A warm smile forms on the eldest Tendo's face. “No problem, just trying to help my little sis and her fiancée out, that's all”
 
As the two head towards the front door and put on their shoes, they're surprised about one thing- no last minute words from Soun or Nodoka.
 
“I wonder where your dad is? I don't see my mom, either…” the observant Ranma notes as he adjusts his backpack.
 
“I was expecting some more `encouragement' about us” the chuckling Akane says before Kasumi gently taps her on the shoulder.
 
“They went down to the market, it seems like Auntie Nodoka is really getting everyone motivated these days. She told me that she was going to help over at Ukyo's restaurant for the next few days and that your dad was going to help out, too.” Kasumi says that last part, unsure of whether this new development will turn out to be a good thing or not.
 
The two teens are a little surprised by what they heard but just pass it off to Nodoka's helpful nature and realize that time is “a wastin'”
 
“Well, have fun this weekend, we'll see you Sunday night. Bye!” the youngest Tendo says while waving at her older sister.
 
Kasumi waves back at the departing pair, taking note of the genuinely happy expressions on both teenagers faces. `I'm so happy for Akane and Ranma, they've come so far since they first met.'
 
As Kasumi returns to her normal daily routine, she cannot help about another couple, or at least one she would like to see in the future- her and Doctor Tofu.
 
 
As the afternoon continues, the hustle and bustle in the Tokyo area increases as school children get out for the weekend and people start going home from work. Ukyo and Ryoga manage to avoid some of the crowds and get on one of the trains heading north just moments before its departure. They find their seats, Ukyo taking the window side and Ryoga sitting to her right. He cannot help but notice how intently she's looking out the window as the train begins its journey north…
 
“You look like you're really enjoying the ride” he comments softly.
 
“Oh, yeah… I've only been on a few trains like this, so this is kind of a treat.” Ukyo then takes out a piece of paper from her backpack and hands it to Ryoga. “This is my school assignment for the weekend, thankfully it's the only one. Maybe we could talk about it a little on the way up- it does have something to do with you, after all”
 
The curious Ryoga takes the paper and looks at the assignment title. Inside, he's happy that she said it included him, since it's a paper about the future.
 
“Sure, we've got the time. Let's talk about, you know… us.”
 
As the train speeds towards the north end of mainland Japan, the pair have one of their first serious conversation about their own future, mainly focusing on the upcoming end of high school for Ukyo and what she wants to do next along with Ryoga's plans for the future.
 
 
Back at Tokyo station, the next express pulls up and Akane and Ranma board it. They immediately find their seats and settle in for the long ride.
 
“It's gonna be a while before we get there, were you gonna take a nap again?” Ranma asks, wondering if she wanted to relax and lean against him again.
 
“Not this time. Let's get our paper done… I'll proofread yours if you'll check mine.”
 
“That sounds good, Akane. I'm kinda wonderin' what you wanna do after high school anyway, we really didn't talk about it that much. Besides, you know, getting married…” the slightly blushing Ranma says while getting out some paper.
 
Akane glances over at her fiancée and smiles. “You'll see, just give me a few minutes. I've been thinking about this all day so I'll be done in no time at all.”
 
 
Encouraged by her words, Ranma begins writing down his own personal thoughts and feelings about the future, stopping to take an occasional glance at his “tomboy” and reminding himself about how lucky he is. `She looks good in that button down shirt and pants, it really shows off her curves. I wonder if she's wearing that to flirt with me? I guess I'll find out later… heh.'
 
Akane notices Ranma's occasional glances but says nothing. As she writes, she contemplates what kind of future she desires with her special “baka”. `He's been so helpful to me and I do want learn even more about him. He's just the type of “crazy” that I need in my life.'
 
 
The papers are both finished within twenty minutes or so but both hold back for a while- the city of Sendai passes by before they exchange papers with each other. Akane is the first to finish and finds it simple but to the point.
 
`He wants to run a dojo and train people, I knew that already. Marrying me… and having kids? I never knew he was interested in kids!'
 
Next to Akane, her fiancée Ranma finishes reading her paper and is impressed by her style. He thinks about what she said in the paper. `She wants to marry me of course, but it looks like she wants to go to college, too. It's nice to see that she wants to be a better martial artist- but I don't think she ever talked about havin' any kids, I better ask her about that.'
 
Both teens turn and look at each other and blurt out the same question at the same time…
 
“You want kids?”
 
“Umm, yeah… don't you think I'd make a good mom?” Akane asks softly.
 
“Of course, Akane. I'm always up for a challenge and having kids, well… you know, that's a mighty big challenge there” is Ranma's soft reply to that.
 
“You have to meet the `tomboy' challenge first, Ranma.” A grinning Akane says while elbowing her fiancée.
 
“I think I'm doing good wit' that so far, besides yesterday, I've forgotten the last time you hit me with that mallet of yours.”
 
Akane shrugs her shoulders. “I was getting rusty”
 
“I know you already apologized for that so I ain't gonna say anythin' more about it. That's just one of the things that comes with the territory.”
 
“Trust me, I'll find a way to make it up to you” is her reply while thinking about what his reaction to her new robe and bikini will be.
 
“Okay. Maybe we can talk about the paper some more tomorrow. I wanna relax for a bit, we're most of the way there”
 
“That sounds good to me” Akane says while folding her paper and putting it inside her backpack. Ranma does the same thing and the two watch the nighttime scenery go by. A short while later, though, Ranma has an idea on how to tease Akane a little, since she had been messing with him earlier. He lowers his voice and whispers in her ear.
 
“If we're gonna have kids then I'm gonna have to do perverted things to you”
 
A red blush creeps across Akane's face at this surprise comment from Ranma. Rather then get mad, however, she simply acknowledges that fact.
 
“I know, I know… and I can tell where your thoughts are right now.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You've been staring at my body ever since we got on this train. Did you think that I wouldn't notice you using the window reflection to stare at me? Really, Ranma… I'm not wearing anything out of the ordinary here.”
 
“I know, but remember you asking me what my favorite outfit to see you in was?”
 
“Of course. You said my gi…” is the almost instant reply back from Akane, omitting the rest of his comment in regard to that statement. `He likes seeing me hot and sweaty in that gi, which explains why he likes working out with me so much.'
 
Ranma nods his head. “Well, I like seeing yah in other stuff, too. My mom said it'd be better if I started noticing your outfits more and givin' yah compliments about them.”
 
“Fair enough. Just don't get carried away!” Akane says before slipping her hand into his and holding it. “Let me know when we get there… I'm going to take a nap.”
 
Looking down at his fiancee's hand, which is gently holding his, Ranma smiles and says “Sure”, letting the youngest Tendo get some rest before their arrival.
 
 
It isn't long before the sun sets on the horizon, bringing the onset of night to Japan. Back in Nerima, Nabiki and Kuno head out for a dinner date, having finished a class rehearsal for the play at school. With Nodoka and Soun still gone and Genma at work and Happosai on a panty raid, Kasumi finds herself alone in the house.
 
`It's so quiet here… it's been a long time since the house was empty like this. I'm not sure when Auntie Nodoka and father are going to be back, so I don't want to make dinner right now. What can I do?'
 
While heading back to her room, Kasumi remembers a book that she borrowed a while ago. She enters her room and catches a glance of a picture on her wall. Thoughts of Doctor Tofu begin to go through her head as she looks on her bookshelf for that medical book that she borrowed.
 
`Maybe I should return the book… I finished it and it's been a long time since I've seen Doctor Tofu…'
 
It takes Kasumi only a moment to make that decision to leave, taking a few moments to write down a note for her father. The eldest Tendo is soon on her way to see her one true love, hoping along the way that he won't go too “crazy” when he sees her.
 
 
Kasumi's trip isn't the only important thing happening this particular evening, though. Across the sea from Japan, in China, an Amazon council is meeting to discuss the current situation… aided by some representatives from Jusenkyo.
 
 
The village elder speaks her mind first. “We have two runaways, one of which was supposed to kill the female who disgraced our ceremony last year. She has not succeeded and it has been quite some time since our last scout party has checked on the situation. Of course, her fate is also tied in with your committee…”
 
“Yes, there are several souls over in Japan in violation of the code of conduct for cursed individuals… we tried to “correct” their thinking before but they humiliated us and send us back here. I believe we have a common goal here that does overlap in some regards.” After saying that, the leader of the Jusenkyo envoy sits down and awaits the response from the Amazons.
 
After making a brief consultation with her other leaders in the tribe, the elder responds to that. “Perhaps we can come to an… understanding. We would like to see what the situation is over there first, before making a move.”
 
Two women from the tribe suddenly raise their hands. The elder sees this and nods, giving them permission to speak.
 
“Pink and I thought we seen Shampoo and Mousse a few days ago, here in China. We tracked them for a little bit but they disappeared.”
 
That comment gets the elder's attention. “Hmm… I wonder why they were back here. Where did you see them?”
 
Pink takes a map out of her pocket and unrolls it on a nearby table. She points at a particular village and says “here” before pointing in the direction that the escapees went.
 
“It seems they went right back towards the sea… it just might be them after all. I want you two, Pink and Link, to get some information from the towns along that path. Once your reconnaissance is done, then we'll prepare a scout party to go over to Japan.”
 
“You don't mind if we… send some assistance when your group heads over to Japan” the main representative says, not wanting to be too pushy with the Amazons for fear of a reprisal.
 
Another brief consultation ensues before a response is given. “If she has turned her back on the tribe and not executed that female by now or married that Ranma that beat her in combat, then yes, she will need to be brought back her or killed on the spot. What worries me, though, is the one of elders is with her and could prove to be quite a formidable foe.”
 
“Send us a message then, whenever you're ready. Surely two groups are stronger then one…”
 
“Indeed…”
 
 
Unaware of the new sentence on their heads, Shampoo and Mousse sleep peacefully after another intimate evening together. A change in the wind outside causes windows to shake and makes Cologne uneasy- she finishes closing down the restaurant for the night and begins looking through her some of her old scrolls. `I think it's time to teach them both some of our most secret techniques, I have a bad feeling that trouble is coming sooner rather then later…'
 
Part of the sentence also concerns part of both couples on their way to northern Japan. Ryoga and Ukyo's train arrives first and the pair exit the train, following the instructions carefully. About fifteen minutes later, they arrive at the resort and head up to the check in counter.
 
“Do you have a reservation?” the clerk asks as they step up to the front counter.

“Umm, yeah. Ukyo Saotome… the reservation was called in advance.”
 
The clerk looks down the list and finds two Saotome's listed for tonight. “Saotome… Ukyo… I got it right here” is his reply, pointing at the bottom of the two listings. “Let me get your room key…”
 
While waiting for the clerk, Ryoga and Ukyo take note of their surroundings. The fancy entranceway and waiting area denote only one thing- luxury.
 
“Your mom must be rich to afford sending us to a place like this…” Ryoga notes aloud while taking note of his surroundings.

“You can say that again, sugar. I almost feel out of place here…”
 
The head clerk motions to Ukyo a moment later. “Here is your key, please sign here. Your room is down the hallway to the right, last room on the right. If there's anything you and your fiancée need, please let me know…” he says with a polite bow.
 
“Fiancee?” Ukyo says, not believing that her mom made the reservation saying that.
 
“Ah, so it's a secret engagement perhaps?” is the reply from the clerk, wondering why she replied the way she did.
 
The brunette chef says nothing until she signs her name. She shrugs her shoulders and rather then argue about it, simply says: “I guess you could put it that way…”
 
“Well, have fun and enjoy your stay” the clerk says before returning to his duties. A very red Ryoga looks at Ukyo but says nothing. She nods her head in the direction of their room and the two silently head down the long hallway, taking in all the details of this fancy resort.
 
“Last room on the right…” Ukyo says softly to herself as the end of the hallway nears.
 
“Looks like it's number 128” Ryoga says, stopping in front of the door. Ukyo double checks that with the number on the key and nods her head.
 
After inserting the key and turning the handle, the chef simply says “Here goes nothing” before pushing open the door. Both teens eyes grow wider as they take their first look inside.
 
“Wow!” Ukyo says after stepping inside. “I've never stayed in such a fancy place before! Look at this room, Ryoga!”
 
The Lost boy closes the door and steps inside. “You aren't joking… your mom definitely has to be rich… I bet this probably cost over 15,000 yen a night, easy.”
 
“There's a huge couch, paintings on the wall… the bathroom is huge…” Ukyo says, peeking into the rest of the cavernous accommodation that she'll be sharing with her boyfriend.
 
“And a water bed!” Ryoga says while putting his backpack down.
 
“I had no idea you were such a fan of those…” Ukyo says with a slight giggle.
 
“I was expecting us to be sleeping on the floor, in a futon…” Ryoga notes while sitting on the edge of the bed. “Put your stuff down and check this out!”
 
Needing no other encouragement, Ukyo drops her backpack to the ground and shyly sits next to her boyfriend.
 
“This is very romantic… I guess mom really wanted us to have fun this weekend, huh?”
 
“Yeah”
 
“I… don't mind, though. Ryoga, I want to… explore my feelings for you more.”
 
That gets Ryoga's attention immediately. “Oh?”
 
Ukyo falls back on the soft bed, causing Ryoga to look down at her and grin. “Looks like you want to go to sleep”
 
“It's very comfortable… I'm really tempted to do something I've never done before” the brunette says softly.
 
“What's that?” Ryoga asks with a mix of fear and excitement.
 
A wide grin forms on the chef's face. “Mmm… lie down next to me and I'll tell you…”
 
“Uh, okay…”
 
 
After falling back on the bed, Ryoga glances over at his girlfriend and watches her, the sight of her chest rising and falling with each breath plus her last words make the young man wonder if she's really out to prove her how girly/sexy/feminine she can be.
 
“Ryoga, let's do it…”
 
“Do what?” is the innocent reply, though Ryoga senses the implications of her words.
 
“Something that I haven't done before and that I've wanted to do for a long time…” she says while taking his hand. “I need your help, Ryoga”
 
“Ummm, Ukyo… I don't know if I'm ready for this step, you know. I mean, you're cute and sexy but…”
 
A playful kiss on his cheek makes Ryoga blush. “Gotcha! What did you think I was talking about, my perverted boyfriend?”
 
Ryoga's face turns totally red and he's silent.
 
“I was talking about room service… I'm hungry, even though we ate that dinner you made on the train. Really, Ryoga, what kind of girl do you think I am?”
 
Ryoga sighs. “Now that you're a Saotome, well, I guess I should expect the unexpected. You really had me going there, I thought you wanted to… you know… get naughty.”
 
“I was just teasing you… I'm not ready for anything like that. I am ready to relax and spend some quality time with you, though… how about a swim tomorrow before breakfast? I think some food and some rest is what we need.”
 
Now it's Ryoga's turn to tease his girlfriend. “Okay, let's order that food and then we'll sleep together”
 
“Pervert…” Ukyo says, knowing that's not what he means but glad to see him playing along.
 
“Only as much as you are” is his reply while reaching for the menu on the nearby nightstand. “Let's eat!”
 
 
While the pair order their “midnight snack” and continue to joke with one another, the other Saotome couple arrives at the hotel and checks in.
 
“Reservation should be under Saotome…”
 
“Ah, yes, Ranma and Akane Saotome…” the clerk says, instantly knowing that this is the other Saotome couple on the list. Akane blushes and is about to sputter something out when Ranma steps up and signs the register.
 
“Yeah, that's us. Where's our room this time?”
 
“Yes, you've been here before- I recognize the name. Your room type has been upgraded for this visit, please head down the hallway to your right and take the last room on the left, number 127.”
 
“Upgrade? Sounds good…” Akane says softly. Ranma takes the key and motions towards their room.
 
“Thanks for the help”
 
“Anytime, sir. Just let me know if you or your wife need anything” is the polite reply from the clerk.
 
The red blush on Akane's face increases as the youngest Tendo starts walking towards the room, Ranma follows right behind her.
 
A short time later, they reach their destination. “I guess that's us, 127”
 
“Looks like it to me, let me open this up and we can relax…” Ranma says while turning the key.
 
Both teens step inside and then close the door. Ranma flips the light switch and gasps aloud.
 
“Woah… damn. What kind of room is this?”
 
“Looks like a luxury hotel room to me…” Akane says, also surprised at what she sees. “Just how much money does your mom have, anyway?”
 
“I have no idea…” Ranma says before putting down his backpack. “We even have a bed this time… it looks kinda funny, though.”
 
Dropping her backpack next to his, Akane falls back on the bed. “It's a waterbed, Ranma. Come check it out!”
 
“I ain't never seen one of these before…” Ranma says while eyeing the bed.
 
“Don't you want to sit next to your wife? Come over here!” Akane says jokingly.
 
“Looks like my mom is getting more serious about getting us together…” Lying down on the bed next to Akane, Ranma continues. “It's gonna be true sooner or later, right? I do want yah, tomboy…”
 
“And I want you, baka. It's still a little embarrassing to think about, though. That comment kind of caught me off guard.”
 
“Me too. That's why I wanted to get into the room as soon as possible.”
 
“And get me into bed again…” a giggle Akane adds.
 
“Hey! You're the one that told me to come sit next to you!” Ranma says while turning his head to look at his mischievous fiancée.
 
“Ranma… thanks for putting up with me. I'm not trying to be too forward, this is new for both of us.”
 
“Yeah, definitely is. It's the hardest challenge I've had in a long time…”
 
Akane agrees with that. “Same here… and it's the same for me, too.”
 
Silently, the pair stare at each other and wonder to themselves what to do next.
 
“Do you want to call it a night… or go for a swim?” Ranma asks, hoping for a yes to the second response, though liking the first one as well.
 
“Let's go swimming… I thought I saw some robes inside the bathroom when we came in.”
 
“Okay. I'll change in here and you let me know when you're ready, so there's no `accidents'”
 
“Sure…” Akane says, plotting out her next move. She grabs her backpack and heads into the large bathroom. After closing the door, she takes a look at herself and then at her backpack. `Time to see how well Ranma likes my choices… I'm sure he'll love them just as much as I do'
 
A few minutes later, with her new swimsuit on, Akane takes another look in the mirror and grins. `I hope I won't be too much tomboy for you to handle tonight…'
 
Akane carefully takes out her new black robe and puts it on over her swimsuit and then reaches for one of the white robes. `I want to keep both of these things a surprise for him'
 
After putting on the white robe, Akane gently knocks on the bathroom door. “Are you done out there?”
 
“Yeah, I'm ready”
 
The door slowly opens and Ranma watches Akane come out, clad in full body white robe. She hands him the other one and the pig-tailed martial artist puts it on.
 
Tugging at the robe, Ranma cannot help but say: “This is way too fancy for my tastes”
 
“Oh come on, just enjoy it. It's just you and me, no insanity…”
 
“I hope THAT doesn't show up again…” Ranma says with a sneer, referring to Happosai's surprise visit last time.
 
“I hope not, I want to keep my top on tonight. No free shows, Ranma.” Akane says before turning around. “Let's head down to one of the springs… hopefully they have a private one still available”
 
“Lead the way, Akane…”
 
To be continued in Chapter 17: A weekend at the Onsen
 
I was hoping to get through Ranma and Akane's part in the hot spring but I had so much to add to this chapter- it's already on page 42 and 2/3 of this was part B. I hope you'll be back for chapter 17!
 
I hope everyone caught the “Simpsons” reference in the end Ukyo/Ryoga part, if not, look for the episode where Homer and Mindy go to “Capital City, the windy apple” and are in the hotel together.