Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Insanity Continues ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma 1/2: The Insanity Continues

Volume 1 - Trapped

Chapter 2 - Revelations

Written by: Lord Archive

Characters are own Rumiko Takahashi and Shogakukan and are used without permission. All rights reserved.

This series was originally written in 1997, long before ffnet existed. This is one of my first fanfictions. Some edits have been made to improve readability, but it remains as an example of early Ranma 1/2 fanfiction. When this was being written, elements of this story weren't cliched, it was creating the cliches. While this remains as one of my more popular Ranma 1/2 series, it is not without it's faults as I was new to writing stories and a complete translation of Ranma 1/2 manga had yet to appear in America when this was originally written more than fifteen years ago.

I will not be posting the adult side-stories that had been written with these chapters any time soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was quiet Sunday morning at the Tendo home. The source of the normal noise was absent. Nabiki, Kasumi, Genma, and Soun sat quietly at the table, finishing their breakfast. There was a black gem sitting on a pillow in the middle of the table.

"Nihao, here to free husband!" Shampoo bounced into the room.

Cologne followed her great-granddaughter into the room. "I am surprised to see you still have that gem and that it is intact. Anyway, I have discovered the means to free them. Where were they when they disappeared?"

The Tendo family and Genma pointed at the vacant side of the table, where Ranma and Akane usually sat.

Cologne rubbed her chin. "The table should be close enough. If you would clear the table, I can begin. Kasumi, please get them something to cover themselves up with."

Shampoo raised an eyebrow to this statement. While Kasumi rushed off, the others quickly cleared off the table. Just as Kasumi returned with a pair of robes, Cologne knocked the black gem and pillow off the table.

"What did you do that for?" Genma screeched as he dove for the gem.

"As I said before, 'I'm surprised you still have that gem and that it is intact.' I switched the gem with a marble to insure nothing bad could happen to it."

Genma growled at her.

"Now I shall begin." Cologne pulled out the gem and placed it on the table. She began to speak a Chinese chant, causing the gem to glow.

In a flash of dark light, Ranma and Akane appeared. They were both asleep, with Akane resting on top of Ranma. It was obvious to everyone in the room what the two had been doing before they fell asleep.

Shampoo's scream of horror drowned out the others' gasps of shock.

The loud noise woke Ranma and Akane from their deep, peaceful slumber. He looked up to see the source, and saw Cologne next to her. He groaned out, "Oh man."

Shampoo just stared at them with her mouth hanging open.

Cologne seemed to be looking through Akane and then stopped when she shook her head. "This is what I feared would happen."

Kasumi gave Ranma and Akane the robes, which they hastily put on.

Shampoo, recovered from the shock, advanced toward Akane snarling, "Violent girl no take husband."

Ranma prepared to protect Akane, but was surprised Cologne stopped Shampoo.

"It is too late child, Ranma has made his choice. It is over," Cologne said, flatly.

"It can't be too late." The irate Shampoo scowled demonically, but then her face returned to shock. "It only can be too late.. if.. if.. she's... she's... p-p-pr...." She couldn't finish what she was trying to say since she slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Cologne withdrew her staff, as she had hit the sleep shiatsu point on Shampoo to quiet the near hysterical girl.

"My little girl is all grown up! I'll go call a minister and have you two married right away!" Soun cried tears of joy.

"Our families will finally be joined!" Genma cheered, as he threatened to join his emotional friend.

Ranma stomped his foot to get their attention. "Hold it! Despite what we did while trapped, we decided it'd be best to hold off the actual wedding until we graduate."

Cologne let out a short laugh. "You have no choice, Ranma. Your actions have forced a quick marriage."

"What do ya mean by that?" Ranma demanded.

Cologne smirked at him. "I mean that Akane is...."

Akane began screaming, "Oh, No! No! No! NO!!! I can't be...." Her voice refused to say the last word.

Cologne simply said to her, "You are."

"She is what?" Ranma demanded.

"Pregnant," Cologne replied.

With that word, Ranma went into an impersonation of a deer caught in headlights.

Kasumi let out a loud gasped.

Genma and Soun shouted for joy, "We're going to be grandparents!"

Nabiki's pencil snapped as it was pressed into the notebook she was writing notes into.

Shampoo was still doing a good impression of a pile of cloths.

"Ranma you jerk! You got me pregnant!" Akane landed an uppercut on her fiance, sending him flying into the sky over Nerima. She then collapses onto her knees. "I'm too young. I've got another year of high school ahead of me. I can't be pregnant. I can't be."

"Do not try to be upset about the gift of life you now carry. I realize that this comes early in your life. It will bring additional challenges to you, but I'm sure you and Ranma are strong enough to over come them," Cologne assured the girl. She announced to the others, "I will be sending Mousse here to talk with Ranma about how to resolve some Amazon legal problems. Now Nabiki, I would like the Imprisonment Gem back."

Nabiki reluctantly handed Cologne a black gem.

The Amazon glared at her. "I said the Imprisonment Gem, the gem that held Ranma and Akane."

"Fine," Nabiki muttered, handing the gem to Cologne.

"Um, Cologne, are you sure I'm pregnant?" Akane asked with very little emotion in her voice.

"Once conceived, I can feel the life force of an unborn child. And the child in you is very strong indeed. I knew Ranma would father strong children. That is why I wanted him married to Shampoo," Cologne told her calmly.

Akane pouted. "Why have you surrendered your claim then?"

"The Amazons are a matriarch society. As such, we value motherhood above all else. If we bring harm to you, which includes taking Ranma away from you, Shampoo and I face far worse punishments than not bringing him back with us. Mousse will explain this to you and Ranma later." Cologne grabbed a nearby glass of water, splashed Shampoo, and picked up the now sleeping cat and her clothes, and left.

"I'm going to take a bath." Akane got up and shambled her way towards the bathing room.

Kasumi shook her head, not sure what to do. She looked at Akane's retreating form. The eldest Tendo sister decided it best to wait so she could figure out what to say and give her little sister some time to recover. She picked up the breakfast dishes and went back to the kitchen.

Genma and Soun were crying for joy about the joining of their family lines.

Nabiki sat lost in thought. This information was a gold mine. She could make a mint within an hour telling the various suitors. However, she couldn't stop thinking about what Akane had told her after the failed wedding. About what happened in Jusendo when her little sister almost died and Ranma had killed, and the true reason why the youngest Tendo didn't object to getting married. Besides, if Nabiki sold this to the suitors, they would be royally pissed off and would come to her home and wreck it, again. Perhaps, it would be more profitable to let the suitors find out on their own first, and then sell this bit of information to everyone else after the threat to her house, and her own little neck, had passed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside Ucchan's, Ukyou swept the sidewalk in preparation for opening her store when Ranma finally landed from Akane's uppercut, right into a trash can.

"Ranchan? What happened this time? You're a mess!" Ukyou moved to help Ranma out of the trash can.

Ranma waved her off and freed himself. "I look like I feel then, huh?"

Ukyou looked at him quizzically. "What happened?"

"I'll explain later. Um, can I use your shower?" Ranma asked, failing to make eye contact.

Ukyou nodded happily. "Sure you can. I'll have something for you to eat when you get out."

"Thanks." Ranma scuffed his way into Ucchan's.

Ukyou smiled as she resumed her work. With Ranma looking so dejected, she had to wonder if Akane dumped him once and for all this time. Her smile grew at the thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cologne entered the Neko-Hanten with Shampoo still asleep in her hands. Mousse prepared to open the restaurant and noticed them enter.

"What happened to Shampoo?" Mousse asked with concern.

"She's asleep. I'll explain what happened after the lunch rush. For now, get to work," Cologne replied.

"Asleep where?" Apparently Mousse did not see the white cat in Cologne's arms.

Cologne whapped Mousse in the head. "I'm holding her, stupid. Now wear your glasses." She stomped off and took Shampoo to her room.

"Why should she be asleep now?" Mousse wondered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
An hour later, Akane still sat in the Tendo bath with a blank look on her face. There was a knock at the door to the bath. Kasumi's soft voice then barely passed through the door. "Akane, I've got some cloths for you to wear. Mind if I come in?" After a moment passed without a response, she entered.

"Akane, are you okay?" Kasumi asked, concern heavy in her voice. She sat down on the side of the bath.

"I don't know," Akane replied so low that her sister barely heard her.

"I think it's wonderful that you're going to be a mother," Kasumi tried to say cheerfully, but did not fully succeed.

Akane scowled at her. "Big sister, please. I'm too young. I can't finish high school if, halfway through my final year, I'm going to give birth to a child."

"Teenage pregnancy isn't that rare of an event, and there are programs to help young mothers, like you, finish school," Kasumi assured her.

Akane blinked. "How do you know about stuff like that?"

"It was in one of the books I borrowed from Dr. Tofu," Kasumi answered.

Akane slouched back into the bath, her vacant look returning. "Oh... Father set up the time for my wedding already. Hasn't he?"

Kasumi nodded slowly. "Yes, it's scheduled for tomorrow after school."

Akane's eyes went wide. "Tomorrow?!"

"We can't delay it too long, can we," Kasumi pointed out.

Akane sighed. "I guess not. But, I still can't believe how much my life has changed, and is going to change. A few days ago, Ranma and I were fighting, he had three fiancees, and we couldn't admit our true feelings. Now I'm pregnant and I'll be married to him tomorrow."

Kasumi tenderly placed her hand on her sister's shoulder. "Yes, things have changed. Mostly for the better. But I'm sure you will be surprised at how much will stay the same."

Akane smiled a little, hoping what her sister said was true. "Thanks."

Kasumi returned the smile. "You're welcome."

"Has Ranma come back yet?" Akane wondered.

Kasumi frowned a little. "No, but judging by the way you hit him. I'd say he's at Ucchan's."

Akane slowly moved to stand. "I guess I should call him. I'll be out in a minute."

Kasumi smiled. "Are you okay now?"

Akane still didn't seem to look at anything, but her eyes began to focus a little. "I'm still not sure, but I'm feeling better."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ranma stood under Ukyou's shower with a dazed look on his face. He wondered what he was going to do now? What little he had planned for the future has been stripped away. He wanted more time to be free. He don't want the responsibilities of being a husband and a father yet. This was not fair!

His thoughts were interrupted by Ukyou when she called, "Ranchan, Akane's on the phone and wants to talk with you."

"Thanks Ucchan, I'll get it in a second." Ranma turned off the shower and began to dry off. He hoped she was not upset still. He put on the robe Kasumi had given him earlier. He exited the bath area and went to the kitchen where Ukyou kept her phone. The young restaurant owner was in the room and could hear what he would say on the phone.

Ranma nervously picked up the phone. "Hello, Akane?"

"Hi, I'm sorry I hit you. I was just surprised at what Cologne told me," Akane said over the line.

"I'm surprised you didn't hit me harder." Ranma tried to laugh and failed. "Um, is what the old ghoul said true?"

Ukyou gazed at him, wishing to know what happened this time and what Cologne had to do with it.

Akane sighed. "I'm pretty sure it is. I doubt she would have done some of the things she did if they weren't."

Ranma shook his head. "I see. I guess delaying things are out of the question now."

"Yes, the time is set for tomorrow after school," Akane told him.

Ranma's frown deepened. "That soon. I guess I better tell Ucchan what has happened."

Akane didn't immediately reply. "Good luck, and come home soon."

Ranma involuntarily nodded. "Yeah, thanks. Bye."

"Bye." Akane hung up.

Ukyou looked at Ranma with nervous concern. She could tell something big had happened. Whatever it was had shaken her Ranchan.

Ranma was glad that Akane at least sounded okay. But now he had to do something he really didn't want to. He sighed heavily. "Ucchan, Konatsu, I need to talk to both of you in private."

A feeling of dread raced down her spine. She had a feeling she didn't want to hear this. "Sure thing, Ranchan. Konatsu, could you put the closed sign up?"

Konatsu bowed. "It would be my pleasure."

Ranma walked over to counter and sat down.

Konatsu sat down next to him while Ukyou stood behind the grill making breakfast for them. She placed a couple plates of okonomiyaki down in front of each of them. "So what do you want to talk about, Ranchan?"

Ranma shifted uneasily. "Well, I guess I should start at the beginning, huh? Several things have changed over the last couple days. It all began with Happosai getting pissed at me and he decided to trap me in a magical prison. He not only trapped me, but Akane as well."

Ukyou fidgeted with her serving spatula yet kept quiet.

Ranma nervously continued, "While trapped Akane and I started to talk about things like love and which of my fiancees that I love. I came to realize during that talk how much you really love me."

Ukyou blinked and then smiled lovingly at him with the radiance of a thousand stars.

Ranma averted his eyes. "But, I also realized that I don't share that love. You are one of my best friends, but I don't love you in the way one should love a wife. The way... I love... Akane."

The smile disappeared as if swept away by a black hole. "WHAT!?!" Ukyou pounded on part of the counter. "How can you love that violent, uncute, gorilla? I'm the cute fiancee and I love you more than she ever will!"

"You might be right in saying you love me more...." Ranma sighed regretfully. "But that doesn't change that I love Akane more."

"How can you say you love her more if you always insult her?" Ukyou demanded.

Ranma shrugged weakly. "I'm not sure. It started when we met. It became a force of habit."

"So, you're going to marry her then?" Ukyou snapped.

"Yes, and you two are invited to the wedding," Ranma told her sheepishly.

"When?" Ukyou snarled.

"Tomorrow, after school," Ranma almost squeaked out.

"Tomorrow?!" Ukyou blinked. "Why the hell are you going to marry her tomorrow? You can't possibly want to marry her that soon!"

Ranma fidgeted. "We can't delay getting married."

"If you're serious about getting married, your parents shouldn't mind delaying it." Ukyou desperately wanted more time, to convince HER fiance he was making a mistake.

"Um... They want us to get married. We want to get married. Why should we wait?" Ranma hoped she wouldn't make him tell her the real reason.

"If you're marrying her, why did she punch you here and what does this have to do with the old ghoul?" Ukyou demanded, knowing their had to be a way to delay this.

Ranma shook his head. She would likely figure it out sooner or later. Secrets did have a bad tendency to come out and bite him in the ass. He took a deep breath. "It was the old ghoul who got us out of the magical prison. And 'bout when Akane punch me, it was 'cause the ghoul said...." His voice had trailed off to the point where no one could hear what he said.

"What did you say?" Ukyou leaned toward Ranma.

"I said Akane is pregnant," Ranma squeaked.

Konatsu looked at Ranma with a pleased yet stunned look.

Ukyou stared at Ranma. She then blinked, shook her head, and then stared some more. Kuonji then screamed like a banshee, "WHAT?!"

Ranma cowered, very afraid of the wrath of a female scorned. "Akane is pregnant."

"How?" Ukyou growled demonically.

"How do you think? Me and Akane were trapped in the prison for two days. We actual got to sit down and talk. One thing led to 'nother and we did it and now she's, you know." Ranma laughed nervously.

"Are you sure you want to marry her?" Ukyou asked coldly.

Ranma nodded. "Yes."

Ukyou's knuckles turned white from how hard she was gripping the handles. She stared at the boy who was supposed to be her fiance, but he had gotten one of her friends pregnant instead. She didn't understand it. He was her fiance. He was suppose to marry her.

Ranma watched with concern as Ukyou began to sway, uncertain if she was going to attack him.

Konatsu suddenly jumped over the grill and caught Ukyou when she collapsed into a crying fit. He carefully held her.

Ranma shifted nervous as his childhood friend sobbed. "I'm sorry, Ucchan. I hope you can forgive me. I want us all to be friends, and I really would like to see you at my wedding." He left, leaving Ukyou behind as she cried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm home," announced Ranma as he entered the Tendo home.

Akane quickly appeared in the hall. "How did it go?"

"As well as I could hope." Ranma shrugged sadly. "I asked her to come to the wedding, but I don't know if she'll come."

"I hope she does. It would help her get over you. You didn't leave her alone, did you?" Akane asked with concern.

"No, Konatsu is with her."

Nabiki appeared at the top of the stairs. "Oh good. You're both here. I have a splendid idea for a wedding present for you. How would guys like it if I solved you all your suitor problems?"

Akane scowled slightly. "I thought we already agreed that you were to do that after the wedding disaster."

"You only asked me to help you then, and I did as much as I could at that point. I spent the last month coming up with ideas, but I never agreed to give those ideas to you." Nabiki smirked devilishly.

"I don't know. Shampoo is already handled, I talked to Ucchan, and Akane should handle Ryoga," answered Ranma.

"That still leaves the Kunos and someone should check on Ukyou. Nabiki, that would be a nice gift if you could handle them," Akane said, still a little angrily.

"Excellent. So Ranma, you told Ukyou while you were out?" Nabiki questioned.

"Yeah." Ranma sagged.

"So what did you tell her?" Nabiki inquired.

Ranma looked away. "Everything."

"Everything?!" screeched Akane and Nabiki.

"She woulda figured it out sooner or later," Ranma defended.

"I'll check on Ukyou after I deal with the Kuno siblings. I'll see you love birds later." Nabiki grinned as she left.

"I was hoping she was going to cut off all my debts, but I guess this will be better. I wonder how much money she'll swindle out of Kuno before convincing him to leave us alone?" Ranma said to no one in particular.

Akane replied anyway, "Probably more than he can afford."

"Akane, are you okay?" Ranma asked with no little amount of concern.

"I guess I'm fine. It'll take time to adjust to all this," Akane answered sadly.

"It certainly will. Oh, when you talk to Ryoga, it might be best to talk to him while he's P-Chan," Ranma advised.

"Why?" Akane's eye twitched slightly.

Ranma grinned weakly at her. "Damage control. It'll prevent him from going ballistic before you finish talking to him."

"While you may be right about that," Akane said before she punched her fiance in the stomach. "You still need to learn to be more sensitive of other people's feelings." She left a bit angry and went to her room.

"What did I say?" Ranma asked himself aloud while holding his stomach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The lunch rush had just ended and Mousse was busy cleaning the tables.

Cologne stirred a pot in the kitchen. The mess with Ranma was finally over. Unfortunately there is still the matter of finding Shampoo a husband. At least now she would be more inclined to look for one since the boy was no longer a valid choice. No matter what, though, she was going to have to train her husband to be a proper Amazon. She could work on making Mousse an acceptable husband for her great-granddaughter while she was at it. Must keep all options open after-all.

Cologne knew the girl would awaken soon. It would be best to get rid of Mousse before she came down. She would likely try to kill him if he shows any kind of affection for her now.

Cologne stomped her cane twice. "Mousse, get over here. I have to tell you something."

"What do you want?" Mousse replied to the elder Amazon with contempt in his voice.

Cologne leveled her gaze at Mousse and said in Chinese, "For your inability to win Shampoo as your wife, for your interference in her marrying Ranma, and for your general lack of respect for not only for elders but women as well, you are here by banished from the Amazon tribes."

"What?" Mousse stared at a nearby plant in shock. "Banished!?"

"You are no longer of the tribe. You are an outsider," Cologne intoned in a deadly serious manner.

"An outsider? That means I can become Shampoo's husband by defeating her!" Mousse replied in Chinese. Trying to understand what happened, he had to asked, "Why?"

Cologne let a small smile slip out. "Ranma has not only chosen Akane, but has gotten her pregnant as well."

"He has?" Mousse's grin went ear to ear.

"Until you defeat Shampoo in battle, you are not welcomed here. I suggest you make arrangements to live with the Tendo and the Saotome families and train under Ranma until you are ready to fight Shampoo. Leave now," she ordered, still speaking in Chinese.

Mousse could only nod and left for his room and placed his few belongs into his robe and left. "At last! I can finally prove my love to her. Shampoo, I will marry you!" He ran towards the Tendo home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shampoo woke up as if she had a nightmare. She could not believe what she remembered. Her beloved would never be her husband now. With a heavy heart, she sadly made her way downstairs to the restaurant. She saw Cologne working in the kitchen alone, while the restaurant was empty.

"Great-grandmother, where is Mousse?" she asked nervously in Chinese.

"I sent him away. He will not bother you." replied Cologne, also in Chinese.

Shampoo didn't relaxed as she heard a certain sadness in Cologne's voice. "Please tell me what I remember is just a dream."

Cologne shook her head. "I'm afraid I can't."

"Aiya! Ranma ran off with Ryoga and got pregnant with his child!?!" Shampoo cried out in despair.

Cologne stared at her with wide eyes while perched atop her cane. Slowly she tip over and landed face first onto the floor. After a second she got up and whacked the girl on the head. "NO! He chose Akane and she is pregnant with Ranma's child."

Shampoo muttered in Chinese as she neared a crying fit, "That is worse. At least if Ranma married pig-boy, I can admit defeat because I'm not a guy. But to Akane? Why? She's a violent, sexless, uncute, and can't cook. Why did he choose her?"

Cologne sighed. "Love has it's own reasons. I'm sorry, Shampoo. I wish it had worked out otherwise. You should go upstairs now, I'll call you down for the dinner rush."

Shampoo nodded and returned to her room. Thankful that her great-grandmother let her mourn in private.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Next to the koi pond, Ranma practiced his kata. He was wearing his usual Chinese outfit. He tried to imagine what his future is going to be like now. A shadow suddenly appeared over him.

"Hi, Mousse." Ranma tried to figure out if Chinese martial artist had come as friend or foe since no one told him to expect this visit.

"Saotome Ranma, is it true that you have chosen Tendo Akane to be your wife and that she is pregnant with your child?" announced Mousse loudly.

Ranma waved his hands down. "Geez Mousse, not so loud. And yes."

"You have made me very happy this day, Saotome." Mousse grinned like a kid in a candy factory. "You are no longer fit to be Shampoo's husband, and in order for Shampoo to return to the village she must be married or face the great shame. Preferably her husband has defeated her in combat and was trained by you. So, Cologne has sent me here, to be trained by you. Once my training is complete, I get to fight Shampoo and make her my wife." He began to dance around like an idiot.

"I'd be glad to help you, Mousse. How come you didn't tell me this option before?" Ranma wondered.

Mousse held up two fingers. "Two reasons. First, it is forbidden to speak of Amazon laws to outsiders unless they specifically ask for laws that deal with them. Secondly, it was not an option unless you got someone, besides your first defeated amazon, pregnant. And I doubted you would do such a thing, considering how many times Shampoo threw herself at you and you rejected each of those advances."

Ranma shrugged. "Well, I didn't expect it to happen this soon myself."

"What's done, is done." Mousse pulled out some throwing knives. "And I am eager to begin my training."

Ranma nodded. "Let's start now, first let's spar without use of weapons or special attacks."

"Okay." Mousse put the knives back up his sleeves.

Mousse leapt in front of Ranma and began to attack, however Saotome was only dodging.

"Why aren't you fighting back?" inquired Mousse.

"I'm just testing your unarmed skill level," Ranma replied simply.

"Makes sense," Mousse replied despite knowing that Saotome should know his skills rather well from their fights.

After several minutes, Ranma's stance changed. "All right, now dodge."

Mousse felt dozens of light impacts as Ranma pierced through his defenses in a matter of seconds.

"Without weapons you're a mediocre martial artist at best. Akane could defeat you blindfolded," Ranma shot at him.

"Oh, yeah?!" Mousse launched a series of attacks at a faster speed than previously thrown, but still did not connect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Akane watched Ranma and Mousse spar from her window since they moved into view. She heard most of the conversation between them. Things definitely were changing. Ranma now even had a student to train. Mousse no less. She hoped things work out between Shampoo and Mousse.

After she watched them for a little while longer, Akane left her room. She returned with a couple boxes. She was going to have to store some of her stuff somewhere else, since she would be sharing her room with Ranma. She doubted he would want all this girl stuff in their room.

'Their room?' She didn't know if she would ever get used that.

Akane spent the next couple hours slowly putting many items of her youth into the boxes. The entire time she looked as if she was about to break down and cry.

A knock was heard at her door. "Come in."

"Hello, Dear," came the sweet voice of Saotome Nodoka, Ranma's mother.

"Auntie Saotome, hi. When did you get back from visiting your friends?" Akane asked.

Nodoka immediately hugged the girl. "Just a little while ago. I rushed back here when Kasumi called, telling me the great news."

"How much did she tell you?" Akane asked cautiously.

Nodoka smiled warmly at her. "That you and Ranma decided to get married tomorrow."

Akane sweated nervously. "She didn't tell you anything else?"

Nodoka raised an eye brow. "No. Is there a problem?"

Akane pulled away from her. "No. No problem at all."

Nodoka looked at her knowingly. "Come now. Something is troubling you. You can tell me."

"It... it's just that I'm pregnant," Akane said very meekly.

Nodoka eyes widen in surprise. "That's wonderful. When did it happen?"

Akane stared at the woman. What family is HAPPY when a seventeen-year-old girl tells them she won't finish school because she was pregnant. She shook her head. HER family, that's who. "Well, I guess it happened sometime Friday night or yesterday morning. You see, Ranma and I were trapped in a magical prison. After spending a long time of being trapped in there, well... one thing led into another and we ended up making love."

Nodoka looked confused. "If you only made love with him a couple days ago, how can you be sure you're pregnant?"

Akane sighed. "The Amazon matriarch, Cologne, is capable of seeing a person's life energy. She saw the life energy of my child."

"Can you trust what she said?" Nodoka wondered sceptically.

Akane turned away. "She wanted Ranma to marry Shampoo due to some stupid Amazon laws. It is only because I'm pregnant that Ranma can't marry Shampoo."

"Now Akane, how do you feel about all of this?" Nodoka asked with obvious concern.

"I'm fine. It... It's just going to be hard to adjust to all the changes. Tomorrow, I'll be Saotome Akane. This will no longer be my room, but Ranma's and mine. I will not be able to attend my last year of high school with my friends because I'm going to be a mother." The tears Akane had held back for the past couple hours rushed out.

"Everything will work out fine." Nodoka held her future daughter-in-law.

"I've messed everything up." Akane sobbed. "Ranma and I were planning on getting married after we graduated, but now I'm pregnant. And we have to get married tomorrow. The little girl that I was, is dead."

"We each grow up at our own pace, some faster than others. You have turned out to be a beautiful young woman, and you will be a great mother," Nodoka assured her.

Akane shook her head fiercely. "Some great mother I'll be, I can't cook, sew, or anything else a mother should be able to do."

"Those are not things that make a great mother. Kindness, compassion, and love makes for a great mother. Things which you have in abundance," Nodoka corrected.

"Auntie..." Akane began as broke Nodoka's hug.

"Call me Mother. After all you are marrying my son tomorrow," Nodoka requested.

"I'd rather not." Akane's eyes fell upon a picture of her mother.

Nodoka saw what Akane was looking at. "I understand why you don't want to call me 'mother.' At least consider calling me 'Mom,' like Ranma does."

Akane nodded. "I would like to be alone right now, and finish putting away some of my old stuff."

"Just remember that little girl you once were is still alive inside you. You should never try and forget, nor deny, her presence," Nodoka advised.

Akane tried to smile. "I'll remember."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Notes:

I'd like to give thanks to those who original pre-read of this chapter:
David Tatum, Byran Neef, and The Rams.

Just a note about the 'Mousse/Shampoo' pairing:
Mousse may not end up with Shampoo. This is just a starting point to a long running plot line that would take years to finish. He may not end up with Shampoo because she lost to someone else before he could beat her or he fell in love with someone else. He might win and Shampoo could still reject him as Ranma rejected her. Let's not forget that the Ranma crew may try to play match maker for these two and help Shampoo love Mousse.