Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Insanity Continues ❯ Dancing the Night Away ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Insanity Continues

Volume 3 - Anything Goes Martial Arts Dance Contest

Chapter 2 - Dancing the Night Away

By: Lord Archive

Characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Shogakukan and are used without permission. All rights reserved.

-----------------------------

It was the end of another day at Furinkan High as Ranma waved good-bye to Akane. She left with her friends to work on a school project. Seeing as the assignment was due after lunch tomorrow, Ranma was going to work on it with Hiroshi and Daisuke at lunch.

Ranma sighed. This was the first time in almost two weeks in which Akane wasn't in shouting distance from him. They had been married for nine days, and Akane was now about twelve days pregnant. Ranma shook his head. One day and his world forever changed yet again. Thirteen days ago seemed little different than any day during the past year and a half. The next day Happosai used a magical item on Ranma, and his life was once again sent through the blender.

His mind went through the changes. He no longer had three fiancees, but was married! Kuno knew of his curse. Akane was pregnant and she has learned Ryoga was P-Chan. He was still surprised he hasn't been beaten into a bloody mess. Ryoga accepted being friends with him. Nabiki was dating Kuno, and Kasumi was going out with Dr. Tofu. Mr. Tendo and his parents moved into his Mom's house. He and Akane now own the Tendo Dojo and home, which is now Saotome-Tendo Dojo and home. He was training Mousse to defeat Shampoo. Shampoo was avoiding him. He was not even on speaking terms with Ukyou. He then wondered if he was missing anything.

Ranma snapped at of his thoughts as her heard a familiar voice say, "Ranma?"

"What do you want, Ukyou?" Ranma snapped.

"I think we should talk," Ukyou replied.

Ranma glared at her. "Why should we?"

"Because I want us to be friends again," Ukyou almost pleaded.

"Friends? I trusted you, and you betrayed me. I thought I could tell my 'friend' the whole truth and she would never go and tell anyone about it. I never thought my 'friend' would participate in stopping my wedding without asking me if that's what I wanted. And I didn't think my 'friend' would help destroy my mother's house," Ranma shouted at her.

"They were mistakes. I should have never done any of those things," Ukyou agreed.

"Sure, but what stops you from doing something like that again. How can I trust you? It hurt more seeing you throw that exploding okonomiyaki at me than when it actually hit. I would've thought you'd ask me if I wanted to marry her, or at least found a way to stop the wedding with no one getting hurt," Ranma pointed out bitterly.

"Why didn't you say anything about it before, Ranma? When I apologized for that, you said it wasn't a big deal," Ukyou defended.

Ranma looked away. "I understood why you did it, but it still hurt. I trusted you and you betrayed me."

"You betrayed me too. I was your fiancee, technically I still am. If you had no intentions of marrying me, you should have told me. You strung me along because you wanted someone to fall back on if Akane broke off her engagement for good. You used me. For a year I've been faithful to you, helping you, being your friend, and you threw me to the side like a used tissue because Akane spread her legs," Ukyou retorted, finishing her rant dripping with venom.

Ranma was very tempted to slap the girl for that last comment. "I never asked you to do any of those things. I didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you that I wasn't interested. And if I explained all the reasons why I didn't want to marry you when you came here, I might be celebrating my first wedding anniversary to a very angry wife now."

"When did you know you were going to marry Akane?" Ukyou demanded.

"The wedding fiasco was when I knew I was going to marry her. It was before Shampoo showed up that I realized I didn't really mind the idea of marrying her," Ranma admitted.

"Saotome Ranma, how dare you cavort with other women once your lovely wife has left your side?!" Kuno shouted.

Ranma rolled his eyes. "I was only talking to her."

"Vile deceiver, you no doubt wish to twist her to your will again and enslave her," Kuno bellowed.

Ranma leapt at Kuno, punching him in the face. "Shut up."

Kuno collapsed into a heap.

Ranma stomped off the Furinkan grounds and then took roof top route home.

Ukyou walked over to Kuno. "You just had to interrupt, didn't you?" She decided to play golf with her combat spatula.

Kuno awoke, finding himself flying over Nerima. "Curse you Saotome!"

-----------------------------

Three girls giggled as they walked down the streets of Nerima. They talked and joked about who was going with whom to the prom. Yuka led Akane and Sayuri, to her home since they decided to work on a school assignment there. Yuka's mother looked at Akane warily.

The three girls went to Yuka's room, pulled out school books, and started working on their assignment. Five minutes after starting, the subject moved to the upcoming prom.

"Do you two want to see if your prom dates want to join me and Ranma at the Raging Night Dance Club this Saturday?" Akane asked.

"I doubt my Mom will let me. She isn't too thrilled with the idea of the prom in the first place," Yuka answered.

"I already have plans with Daisuke. We might stop by during our date," Sayuri answered.

"You're going on a date Saturday with Daisuke? Why didn't you tell me?" Yuka demanded.

Sayuri shrugged. "I guess it slipped my mind."

"'Slipped your mind?' You're going on a date and it 'slipped your mind?'" Yuka retorted incredulously.

"I didn't forget the date. I just forgot to tell you. Besides, you're the one going with Hiro to the prom. I'd say that's bigger news. Only Ranma ranked above him as most desirable date," Sayuri shot back.

"Ranma was most desirable?" Akane asked.

"A handsome, martial arts god who probably knew a thing or two about how to pleasure a girl, of course girls wanted to date him," Sayuri said.

"Fortunately for him, he didn't know too much about how to pleasure girls," Akane retorted and then blushed at her admission.

"Why do you say that?" Yuka asked.

Akane fidgeted a little. "If he had anymore knowledge, it'd mean I wasn't his first and only. I would be very angry with him if that was the case."

"You thought he might have done it with one of the other girls," Sayuri said.

"I was just being a jealous idiot about it. He has been faithful to me," Akane asserted.

"So, is marriage to Ranma better than you thought?" Yuka asked.

Akane gave a shallow nod. "It is better, but I still would've liked to wait."

They were interrupted as someone knocked on the door.

"It's open," Yuka said.

Yuka's mother entered the room. "I was wondering if you girls would like a snack?"

"Sure," replied the girls.

"Akane, could you help me carry up the snacks?" Yuka's mother asked.

Akane was a little confused at the request. "Um, okay." She followed Yuka's mother out the room and towards the kitchen.

"Is it true that you got pregnant before your wedding?" Yuka's mother
asked.

Akane reluctantly said, "Yes."

"I thought you were better than that. I really don't like the idea of girls your age dating, let alone married and pregnant."

"I'd prefer it if I wasn't pregnant. Ranma and I still have a lot of problems to sort out, and I would've liked to have handled them before getting married. Getting pregnant was the last thing I wanted," Akane admitted.

Yuka's mother scowled. "Then why'd you have sex with him?"

"At the time, Ranma and I were trapped in a magical prison. We were running out of ideas of how to escape, and seeing as the person who trapped us is the biggest pervert in the world, we thought a means of escape might be to have sex," Akane explained sheepishly.

Yuka's mother shook her head. "You should've known he suggested it just because it was an excuse to have sex with you."

Akane blushed. "Um, it was my idea to have sex, and I had to convince him. It was pretty stupid of me to have done it, and now I have to live with that decision."

"I hope you aren't giving my daughter any ideas."

"I've been telling her it isn't good I got married so soon. That she shouldn't be in a rush to find someone." Akane sighed. "But, all she is seeing is all the good things that happened to me because of it."

"I'm worried about my daughter. I don't want to see her make the same mistakes you did," Yuka's mother told her.

Akane nodded. "I don't want her to either. She isn't ready, and she should enjoy what's left of her childhood."

"You're right, she's not ready. I don't want her to think she should rush out to get married because you did," Yuka's mother agreed.

Akane sighed with regret. "I can explain to her all the reasons why she should wait, because I know better than anyone else what is lost, since I'm going through it."

Yuka's mother looked carefully at the girl. "I hope you can. My baby girl shouldn't have a baby, and I fear that is just what she wants."

Akane smiled. "Yuka is lucky to have a mother like you. My father and Ranma's parents were overjoyed that I got pregnant. I sort of wished they would've been upset about it. I'm too young to have these problems, and yet I do."

Yuka's mother nodded. "You certainly are too young." She handed Akane three cans of soda pop, and then picked up a tray of snacks. They went back to Yuka's room.

"What kept you?" Sayuri asked.

"I just wanted to ask Akane a couple questions," Yuka's mother answered. She set down the snacks and left.

"What did you talk about?" Yuka asked.

Akane handed the girls each a soda pop. "She wanted to know if I was really pregnant and she's worried because she thought I might encourage you to follow my lead."

"She worries too much," Yuka said.

"It's better than too little." Akane sighed. "Let's get back to the school work. I can't stay too long. I still have to cook dinner for Ranma."

-----------------------------

Akane ran back home. She was late. It was already after five thirty, and she needed to make dinner. When she arrived, she let out a sigh. She realized she was too late when the aroma of delicious foods whetted her taste buds. Kasumi had already started dinner.

"I'm home," Akane called, making her way to the kitchen.

"Hi Akane. I hope you don't mind that I made dinner. I didn't want it to be late," Kasumi said.

"It's all right. I didn't feel like cooking anyway," Akane lied.

"Dinner is almost ready. Can you get the others?" Kasumi requested.

"Sure," Akane replied. She first went upstairs and told Nabiki. Then Akane went to the dojo and found Ranma fighting Mousse. "Dinner's ready."

Mousse emitted a sigh of relief as Ranma stopped attacking.

Ranma turned and walked out of the dojo.

Akane walked next to him. "What is it?"

"What do you mean 'what is it?'" Ranma asked.

Akane pouted. "You're angry, and I'd like to know why."

"I had a talk with Ukyou," Ranma answered simply.

Akane sighed. "I take it, it didn't go very well."

Ranma irritably folded his arms. "That's an understatement."

"You can't stay angry at her," Akane pointed out.

"I know, but how can I ever trust her again? I've trusted her enough to tell her that secret, and she told everyone!" Ranma protested.

"The same way I'm learning to trust Ryoga again, give another chance," Akane returned.

Ranma sighed. "Maybe I should try to talk to her later."

"No maybe, you will talk with her. And you will give her another chance," Akane demanded.

"Yes, Dear," Ranma replied as if he wanted to say no.

Akane was not pleased with his tone, but wasn't going to make an issue of it, since he did agree.

Ranma and Akane joined Nabiki at the dinner table. They were shortly joined by Mousse, after he applied some bandages to himself. All but Akane were happy that Kasumi cooked dinner.

"I've been meaning to ask you if you're going to the prom with Kuno?" Akane asked.

"Yes," Nabiki replied.

Kasumi entered with some of the dinner.

"How about you two join Ranma and me to the Raging Night Dance Club this Saturday?" Akane asked.

Ranma frowned at the suggestion. He really didn't want to deal with Kuno any more than he had to.

"Sounds like fun." Nabiki smirked, seeing how unhappy Ranma looked about it.

"Dancing," Kasumi said to herself. She could give Dr. Tofu another chance. "Would you mind if Dr. Tofu and I come too?"

"Oh, I insist you two come," Akane answered.

Ranma was happier with that idea.

"Maybe Shampoo and I could join you," Mousse said.

"I don't think Shampoo would like the idea," Ranma replied.

"Why not?" Mousse shot back.

"Well, I think Shampoo has been avoiding me. And the only way you can get her to go out with you is if you defeat her first. You're not ready yet to fight her yet," Ranma pointed out.

"I'm as skilled a fighter as she is," Mousse defended.

"You need to be better than her. You'll hold back in your fight because you don't want to hurt her, but she won't hold back anything. You have to come up with a techniques geared towards submission because you don't want to knock her out," Ranma explained.

Mousse could only nod at what Ranma said.

-----------------------------

Akane picked up the phone on the third ring. "Hello, Saotome-Tendo residence. Can I help you?"

"Hi, Akane," Akari answered from the other end of the line. "How is everything?"

"Fine, and you?" Akane returned.

"Great. Ryoga's dog is keeping him from getting lost," Akari related.

"That's nice. It's a good thing you called. I wanted to see if you and Ryoga would join me and Ranma dancing Saturday?" Akane asked.

"Oh, that sounds like fun. Let me check." A muffled sound was now heard through the phone. "Akane, we'd be glad to join you."

"Great. Just come here Saturday afternoon so we can all leave at the same time," Akane informed.

-----------------------------

Kuno and Nabiki were at the small restaurant called Auntie's. Nabiki was once again avoiding being home because of Akane's cooking.

"So, what business does thou have with me tonight?" Kuno asked, smiling.

"I don't really have any business tonight except my sister wants to make a group outing at a dance club this Saturday," Nabiki mentioned.

"You wondered if I would grace you all with my presence and demonstrate my incomparable skill on the dance floor?" Kuno questioned.

Nabiki rolled her eyes. "Yes."

Kuno eyed her wearily. "Is Saotome going to be there?"

"Both of them will be there," Nabiki retorted.

"Both of them?" Kuno asked confused.

Nabiki shook her head. "Sure, Ranma and Akane are both Saotome now."

"I desire either to avoid seeing the deceiver or to see him destroyed," Kuno grumbled.

"Come on Kuno-chan. You shouldn't hold a grudge against my brother. We did try to explain it to you, but you wouldn't listen. It is as much your fault for not wanting to see the truth as it was for him to occasionally use your self-deception against you," Nabiki pointed out. "Besides, you kept chasing after him and Akane, despite the fact they made it clear they didn't have any feelings for you. In many ways you brought on yourself everything he did to you."

"What about your own participation in the deception?" Kuno demanded.

"I did try to tell you, but you weren't listening. Besides, I only sold you pictures and truthful information. Did I ever say the 'pig-tailed girl' was in love with you, or Ranma had enslaved the girl," Nabiki retorted.

"You said something to the effect that her body and soul is Ranma's, that suggested enslavement," Kuno returned.

"I used a poor choice of words, but tell me how could I have explained it that Ranma and the girl were the same person?" Nabiki asked him seriously.

Kuno thought for a moment. "That the girl is Ranma. That Ranma has two bodies, one male and the other female."

"You wouldn't spout at how this is some sorcery or something similar?" Nabiki shot at him.

"If you had explained it then, I would have accepted it," Kuno told her firmly.

"Oh really?" Nabiki stared at Kuno harshly.

Kuno withered under the gaze. "Maybe I still would not desire to see the truth. It is hard to believe such curses exist."

"Ranma has seen far more unbelievable things than his curse. His life has been extremely hard, and he's only seventeen. I would hate to find out his life is only going to get harder, but I'm afraid it might," Nabiki almost bemoaned.

"One as evil as him deserves a harsh life," Kuno spat.

"He is not evil. The only way he has wronged you was by playing into your own deception. It is your fault for chasing after Akane and his girl half. Kuno-chan, I'm not going to ask you to be friends with Ranma, but I do ask you stop being his enemy. Akane doesn't want you fighting with him, and I don't want you to either," Nabiki told him coldly.

"How can I just let him work his evils?" Kuno demanded.

"Kuno-chan, how about stopping attacks on him for a while and observe what he does without attacking him? Try to see what he's really like. He isn't a bad person once you know him," Nabiki requested.

Kuno huffed. "I am certain he will prove to be as evil as I say."

"Then if you personally observe him you'll at least be able to see how he fights and you might find a weakness to exploit when you prove he is truly evil." Nabiki's eyes widen as a plan struck her. "That is something I want you to do before you attack him again, prove to me he has done something evil. If you can prove it, I will help you."

"Such a noble offer." Kuno thought for a moment. It should not be hard to find evidence of his evil, and with Nabiki's help he shall vanquish his foe. "I shall accept your terms."

"Remember, no fighting him until I say so," Nabiki reminded.

Kuno nodded. "I shall remember."

"You may even want to show a sign of peace between you and Ranma," Nabiki suggested.

Kuno glared. "Why should I?"

"Well, for no other reason, you'd be able to get closer to him in order to find your evidence. And if you do find he isn't evil, you might even decide to be his friend," Nabiki explained.

"Hmm. To find evidence by daring to entering the lion's den. It is a sound idea. I shall attempt it," Kuno related.

-----------------------------

Dr. Tofu knocked on the door of the Saotome-Tendo home. He was a little surprised when Kasumi asked him out, but he didn't mind.

Ranma answered the door. "Hiya, Doc. Come on in. The girls are almost ready."

"Hi Ranma," Dr. Tofu greeted. They went to the dinning room where Ryoga, Akari, and Kuno were. He avoided looking at Kuno.

"Do you have the results of Akane's test?" Ranma asked.

"I do, but I think I'll wait for Akane before telling anyone," Dr. Tofu replied.

"You don't have to wait," Akane said as she entered with her sisters.

"Ah! Such a lovely sight to behold," Kuno said.

"You better not be talking about Akane." Ranma said.

"Ranma!" Akane snarled.

Ranma backed away from Akane. "You are a lovely sight, Akane. I just meant he shouldn't be looking at my wife."

"I would not covet another man's wife. I was referring to Nabiki," Kuno said matter-of-factly.

"Thank you, Kuno-chan," Nabiki said.

Akane smiled. "You think I'm lovely?"

"Of course you are." Ranma sighed in relief.

"Dr. Tofu, what are the test results?" Akane asked.

"The test came up positive. You are indeed pregnant. Congratulations," Dr. Tofu answered.

Akane smiled nervously. "Great." Her last hope she wasn't pregnant went out the window.

"Oh, congratulations," Kasumi said.

"Pregnant?" Ryoga and Akari shouted in unison, as no one had told them until now.

"That's wonderful. I'm sure you and Ranma will make great parents," Akari said.

"Ranma! You... you..." Ryoga started in his customary anger, but then remembered they were married. "...you'll make a great father. Congratulations."

"Thanks man," Ranma said nervously.

-----------------------------

The four couples made it to the Raging Night Dance Club. They made sure to be there before six o'clock, to beat other Furinkan High students who might have the same idea. The place was almost packed when they arrived.

Several murmurs were heard as they entered. There were some students from Furinkan at the club, and they were amazed seeing Kuno and Nabiki entered together. They were shocked when Ranma and Akane followed them.

They all sat around one table. Kuno was flanked by Kasumi and Nabiki, and Ryoga and Akari sat across from him.

When they ordered their food, Kuno added, "A round of sake to celebrate Akane's blessing of life."

"Except Akane, of course," Dr. Tofu added.

"Yeah, just tea for me," Akane said, blushing slightly.

That got a surprised look from the waitress. She left with their order.

"Kuno-chan, you're not going to try to get me drunk tonight?" Nabiki joked.

"Unlike some..." Kuno eyed Ranma evilly. "I respect the sanctity of a woman's bed chamber before marriage."

Akari was a little shocked at Kuno's insinuation and realized there a slight timing error if Akane suspected she was pregnant already. She giggled, "You couldn't wait to get your hands on him, could you Akane?"

"W-what?!" Ryoga stammered.

Ranma got nervous as he didn't want to fight Ryoga now. They didn't get to eat yet.

Akane sighed, as she had to explain it in hope of stopping Ryoga from going ballistic. "A couple days before the wedding, I, sort of, seduced Ranma."

Ryoga blinked. "You seduced him?!"

Kuno grumbled something about a spell, which earned a nasty glare from Nabiki.

"Yes, it was my idea to have sex before the wedding. I actually had to convince him," Akane sheepishly admitted.

"He didn't force himself on you?" Ryoga asked.

"If anything, I forced myself on him. He wanted to wait," Akane insisted.

"I'm sure he did," Kuno said in a mocking tone.

"If you didn't wait, you wouldn't be pregnant," Akari said.

"Yeah, I wish I waited or at least paid more attention to my cycle. I didn't want to get pregnant so soon," Akane said.

"I think it's wonderful you're pregnant. I'd like to be a mother myself," Akari said. She gently touched Ryoga's arm.

Ryoga became VERY uncomfortable.

Ranma sighed with relief as it looked like Ryoga wasn't going to fight. Ranma had some mixed feelings about what Akane was saying about being pregnant.

The waitress returned with their drinks.

With their glasses filled, Kuno made a toast, "To the glorious life Akane bears, may the child be noble, honorable, and strong."

Finding nothing at fault with it, they accepted the toast.

They started to talk between themselves. Dr. Tofu talked with Kasumi, and Kuno spouted poetry to Nabiki. Ranma found himself caught between Akari and Akane talking about married life and the pregnancy. Ryoga felt left out.

Ranma decided to go for some more sake, to help ignore the conversation going on around him.

"Ranma, don't drink too much. I don't want to deal with a drunken red-head," Akane said, warningly.

"I was only going to have a second one. That's it," Ranma replied.

"See that it is," Akane stated firmly.

"What did you mean by that, Akane?" Akari asked.

"Ranma's curse form has no tolerance for alcohol. He might become drunk if he turns into a girl," Akane related.

Akari giggled looking at Ryoga. "I wonder if he has the same problem."

"A drunk P-Chan, now there's a thought." Akane giggled.

"Maybe he wouldn't be able to get lost that way," Ranma joked.

Ryoga glared at Ranma.

"Ranma, don't you dare start a fight," Akane scowled.

Ranma sighed and took a little drink from his sake. He was thankful when the waitress arrived with their food. He wasn't happy Akane was taking her time eating as she continued to talk with Akari.

After finishing their meal Kuno led Nabiki on to the dance floor, and they were joined shortly by Kasumi and Dr. Tofu. Then Akari dragged Ryoga to the dance floor.

Ranma and Akane watched the various people dancing. They quickly noted how most people danced wasn't very complicated with the slow songs currently being played, basically staying in place and swaying to the music. Kuno and Nabiki were doing a more complicated dance than anyone else.

"Hi," Sayuri and Daisuke greeted.

"Hi," Ranma and Akane returned.

"It's nice to see you two make it," Akane said.

"We're not staying too long. We're on our way to the movies," Daisuke said.

"Are my eyes playing tricks on me?" Sayuri asked.

"Why? What do you think you're seeing?" Ranma asked.

"Kuno dancing with Nabiki," Sayuri said.

"You aren't seeing anything," Akane replied.

"Nabiki and Kuno?" Sayuri asked incredulously.

"I'm still trying to figure it out, and I've known for over a week," Ranma said.

"You mean Kuno's been going after Nabiki and harping on you about Akane at the same time?" Daisuke asked.

"Yeah. Nabiki is talking some sense into him though," Ranma answered. "I guess they make a perfect couple. She's money hungry and manipulative and he's rich and easy to manipulate."

Akane smacked her husband on the arm. "Don't insult people."

Ranma rubbed his arm. "I'm only joking, sheez."

"The person you're insulting may not take it that way. When you insulted me it hurt. I didn't find anything funny about them," Akane retorted.

"Aw, you need to lighten up a little," Ranma shot back.

Sayuri and Daisuke decided to retreat to the dance floor.

"You need to realize not everyone thinks your insults are funny. If you want to fling insults at someone, make sure the person won't be offended by them or that you want to offend the person," Akane retorted.

"Uncute," Ranma spat.

"Pervert," Akane hissed.

"You're the pervert," Ranma shot back.

"Stupid jerk," Akane growled with a strange tone.

With each word they moved closer until they started kissing. They stopped when the music turned modern. Dr. Tofu, Kasumi, Ryoga and Akari returned to the table. Kuno attempted to continue dancing, embarrassing Nabiki, since he was looking like an idiot. She dragged him off the floor. Sayuri and Daisuke continued dancing. The newlyweds started to watch the people dancing again.

"Not all modern music have the same dance," Ranma commented.

"Actually this one doesn't appear to have a particular style attached to it. Only two people are dancing the same way," Akane added.

"It seems moving to the beat of the music is how you dance to this," Ranma observed.

"We could modify a kata to fit the beat of the song we're going to be judged on," Akane suggested.

"How is a kata related to dancing?" Akari asked.

"A kata is a set practice forms of martial arts. You repeat a series of moves that can be used for fighting. Dancing is a repetition of moves done in a way that is pleasing to the eye. By modifying a kata to work in beat with a song, it should be pleasing to the eye," Akane explained.

"A battle of two great martial artists is oft called a dance of death, for it has its own glorious beauty," Kuno added.

"Care to try, Akane?" Ranma asked. "You lead and I'll copy your moves."

"Wouldn't hurt," Akane shrugged.

Sayuri and Daisuke said good-bye to the newlyweds before leaving for the movies.

Ranma and Akane made their way to the dance floor. Akane attempted to move in beat, missing each one slightly. Ranma mirrored each move. Those watching might have been in awe of the skill shown if it weren't the jarring effect from the missed beats.

The next song was a slow one. Ranma and Akane decided to continue dancing. The other couples quickly joined them.

As Dr. Tofu danced with Kasumi a guy approached them. "May I cut in?" the guy said as he pushed Dr. Tofu aside and tried to dance with Kasumi.

"You may not." Dr. Tofu's voice was filled with venom. The guy withered under the doctor's rather painful neck pinch.

"Four eyes, leave my brother alone," a rather large guy said.

"Certainly." Dr. Tofu released his neck pinch.

The guy turned and punched Dr. Tofu into a group of other couples. "Come on wimp, lets see what you've got."

"I'd rather not. I don't want to have to patch you back together afterwards," Dr. Tofu said.

The guy rushed Tofu. The young looking doctor dodged, slamming the guy into the back.

"Bad move four eyes. You hurt my little brother, now you have to fight me and my friends." Five guys flanked the larger one.

Ranma and Akane looked at the situation shaking their heads.

"Oh great. A bar fight. Maybe they'll have some skill," Ranma said going over to Dr. Tofu's side. "Quick question guys, how many of you are master level martial artists and in how many schools?"

A small guy said, "We don't need to know any stinking martial arts to beat you guys."

Ranma shook his head. "None of you? Give up now."

"Get them!" shouted the large guy.

The guys charged Ranma and Tofu. While they were taken out in short order, the fight triggered more fights. The Raging Night turned into one big fight. Ranma and the others decided to leave, rather than continue the pointless fighting.

"Honestly Ranma, I can't take you anywhere without there being some trouble," Akane said jokingly.

"Is it my fault trouble seems to find me?" Ranma replied in mock defense.

"Of course it is, everything is your fault," Ryoga smirked.

"Not everything is Ranma's fault," Akane corrected. "He's only at fault about half the time."

"Oh, and just who's at fault the remainder of the time?" Ranma asked.

"Everyone else, of course," Akane smirked.

"How much of the time are you at fault?" Ranma asked.

Akane frowned slightly. "Half at fault about our relationship, otherwise no more than anyone else."

The four couples decided to return to the Saotome-Tendo home to have a party there.

The newlyweds returned to joking with each other.

Ryoga was getting nervous as Akari kept on looking at Ranma and Akane, occasionally mentioning something along the lines of how nice it would be to be married.

Kasumi looked at Dr. Tofu warily. He had acted violently towards the person that tried to cut in, and helped start the brawl that followed.

Dr. Tofu noticed how Kasumi was looking at him and apologized for overreacting. He was uncertain about her reaction if he told her why he was acting that way. He decided to avoid seeing her in places likely to cause him to get angry at anyone.

Nabiki was pleased that Kuno was controlling himself and was actually being reasonably friendly towards Ranma.

Kuno had kept an eye on Ranma and noticed that, while Saotome had helped start the brawl he had done so only to help a friend, not enough to convince Nabiki of Ranma being evil.

-----------------------------

Author's Note:

I did a little research for another story about the timing of when women are fertile. Woman are considered most fertile on the 13 to 15th days of a 28 day cycle. So for Akane to be concerned she was pregnant Saturday, she would suppose to have had her period that day or before but didn't. This would place Akane being most fertile before the wedding. This is why Akari noticed a slight timing error. While most girls would be unaware of this, Akari as a pig farmer would breed livestock and would have to know optimal times needed to ensure her female pigs become pregnant.

The legal drinking age in Japan is twenty, so how can all of them order alcohol? Simple, the club, like many clubs in Japan, don't adhere to the law. When anyone can buy a beer from a vending machine, following the law at a bar is almost a joke.