Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ You're MINE! ❯ The Trial ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
THE TRIAL
 
 
NEKO HANTEN
 
 
Ukyo, Shampoo, and Mousse were waiting outside of the restaurant, when they see a slightly bruised Ranma coming their way. As Ranma was walking toward the Neko Hanten, he noticed a couple of police cars and his fiancé along with Mousse and Shampoo outside. He also noticed the closed sign on the restaurant door.
 
“Hey everybody what's going on?” Ranma asked, curious.
 
“Oh, sugar! Are you okay?” Ukyo asked, running up to Ranma. She was limping, however. Ranma notice the extra bruises on Ukyo's cute face and started to get worried.
 
“I'm fine. What about you? What happened?” Ranma asked again, this time in a stronger voice.
 
“Akane happened” Mousse said, speaking up. “She broke into the restaurant while we were working and attacked Ukyo in her room.”
 
“WHAT!” Ranma said, getting mad.
 
“Don't worry sugar, she didn't do any serious damage thanks to Shampoo.”
 
“Shampoo?”
 
“Yes, she came in the nick of time and saved me.” Ukyo explained, looking at Shampoo. Shampoo just looked away. Ranma then turned and looked at her.
 
“Shampoo” Ranma called making her turn around and look at him. “Thank you”
 
“No need Ranma. Shampoo knew Ranma not like see Spatula Girl hurt.” Shampoo said, smiling a little.
 
“And I see you called the police?” Ranma asked, continuing to look for answers about what happened.
 
“Yes. Officer Monday answered the call.” Ukyo said, starting to explain again. He was the one that took Akane down to the police station.”
 
“Then what are these police cars doing here?”
 
“They were waiting for you, so we can all go to the station and press charges against her.”
 
“Oh, I see.” Ranma said, now understanding the situation a lot better now. “Well, let's go get this over with. Hopefully now we can finally put an end to this madness.”
 
“Man, what a day.” Mousse said as he, Ranma, Ukyo, and Shampoo begin walking to the patrol cars.
 
TENDO DOJO
 
Nabiki was in her room talking on the phone. At the same time the mercenary was getting dressed, because she was about to leave with her family and go down to the police station where her sister is currently being held.
 
“Mayaka, how bad does it look for my sister?” Nabiki asked in a serious voice.
 
“Pretty bad boss.” Mayaka answered in a cheerful voice. “There were a lot of witnesses that saw her come into the restaurant through the back room and head upstairs. They also heard signs of a struggle not to long after she went upstairs.”
 
“Anyone we know?” Nabiki asked, voice still cold and serious.
 
“Yes, a couple of witnesses we dealt with before. We can probably pay them a nice fee to get them not to finger Akane. The problem is most of the other witnesses their, we've never dealt with before. So they have no reason to tell the cops a lie. They will tell the cops what and who they saw.” Mayaka concluded.
 
“Damn it!” Nabiki said, voice getting a little higher. “I guess I better get a lawyer for my foolish sister.”
 
“Anyone in mind?”
 
“Yes, in fact I have the perfect lawyer in mind. Get Smith on the phone for me; put it through your speaker phone.” Nabiki said, now smiling.
 
“Allen Smith? Isn't he one of the most expensive lawyers around?” Mayaka asked, worry coming from her voice for the first time.
 
“Yes he is, but don't worry, I won't pay a dime. He owes me one.”
 
“Really, how is that?” Mayaka asked, curious.
 
“Let's just say men should really learn to control their sexual cravings, because you never know who might be watching.” Nabiki explained, smirking.
 
“He cheated on his wife?”
 
“Yup!”
 
“How come I never heard anything about this?” Mayaka asked, sounding kind of sad.
 
“Because this happened before I hired you. One of his rivals in the law firm he works for, video taped him and his assistant getting it on. He was planning on threatening to show the tape to his wife and the law firm if he didn't let him take his place in a very high profile case. You know, the kind that can make or break a lawyers career. Of course if Smith's wife found out, she would've divorce him plus take half of his money. And if the law firm found out, they would've fired both him and his assistant, because they believe strongly in family values and this scandal would've made the firm look very bad.” Nabiki explained to her employee.
 
So, where do you come in all of this? Mayaka asked.
 
Well, fortunately this rival of his happened to owe my for a large sum of money, however, he refused to pay. So, I sent some of my goons to break in his house while he wasn't home and look around his house for any dirt I can black mail him with. That's when my men brought me the tapes of Smith's affair. I decided then to approach Smith with the tapes. He was shocked and scared when he found out he'd been taped recorded. He demanded to know who tape them. I told him I would tell him for a fee, he gladly paid the fee. So, I told him. He promised me right then and there that if I gave him the tapes, he would become my lawyer free of charge. He claimed I was getting quite a bargain, because he was one of the best lawyers at his firm. I agree to the deal, because I needed a lawyer anyway. He also paid me quite a bit extra to take care of the rival, which I did. Not too long after the agreement, Smith won his case and became one of the top lawyers at his firm making huge figures, and the rest, as they say, is history. Nabiki finally finished.
 
“WOW! What happened to the rival?”
 
“Let's just say you should never drive a car with bald tires in a rain storm”
 
“OH! The I'll dial him right up” Mayaka started to punch in some digits on the phone. After four rings the phone was picked up.
 
“Now or Never Law Firm Services, this is Allen Smith speaking, may I help you?”
 
Yes, Allen? This is Nabiki.
 
“OH! Hi! Nabiki, how's business going?”
 
“Business is fine; unfortunately I need your professional services.”
 
“No problem Nabiki. Anytime you're in legal trouble you can call me, you know that.” Smith said in a smooth voice.
 
“Yes Smith,” Nabiki smiled. “But it's not me who is in trouble, it's my little sister.”
 
“Your little sister? What did she do?” Smith asked, curious.
 
“Oh, she is just charged with an assault on a girl from a Chinese restaurant. The problem is a lot of witnesses saw her at the scene. The cops think it's an open and shut case, and the victim is pressing charges. Do you think you can get my sister off the hook? Nabiki asked her lawyer ally.
 
“Sure no problem, this will be like a trip down memory lane for me; reminding me of my earlier days when I was just starting at the firm.” Smith answered in a confident voice.
 
“Thanks Smith. I'll need you to come down to the station to let the cops know you're my sister's attorney.”
 
“No problem, meet you their.”
 
“Okay bye.”
 
“Bye.”
 
Mayaka hung up the phone. “It looks like you have this one covered boss.” Mayaka said, sounding cheerful again.
 
“Not quite yet Mayaka. I need you to get in contact with the people who can be brought off and pay them to testify that they didn't see nothing. That will give Smith something to work with.” Nabiki commanded in a direct voice.
 
I'm already ahead of you boss. Mayaka said, getting right on it.
 
“Great I-“
 
“NABIKI! ARE YOU READY YET?!” Nabiki suddenly hears Soun call out to her.
 
“I'll call you later.” Nabiki said, quickly putting on her shoes.
 
“Okay bye and good luck.” Mayaka said, before she hung up the phone.
 
Nabiki hangs up her phone and hurries out of her room. “COMING!” She screams before she closes the door to her room.
 
NERIMA POLICE STATION
 
Akane was sitting in a police cell. She was just coming out of her daze, when she realized she wasn't at home.
 
“Where am I?” Akane asked herself out loud.
 
“You in Disney Land!” One of the cell mates who heard her said, making the other cell mate laugh.
 
Akane turned and looked at the cell mate who cracked that joke. Then she notices the jail bars keeping her in the cell. “How did I end up here?” this time she kept her thoughts to herself. She then suddenly remembers her last memories. Her sneaking into the Neko Hanten; Her sneaking into Ukyo's room; Her jumping Ukyo from behind; Her getting her butt kick by a rampaging Shampoo who interfered with her killing Ukyo. “GRRR! That's right! that bitch!!!” Akane thought to herself, her face shaking with hatred. The other cell mates saw this and started to back up.
 
“Hey calm down, it was just a joke.” The cell mate who told the joke said. Akane just looks at her then turns to look outside the jail cell. She sees a police officer coming towards her. He soon stops in front of the cell and opens it.
 
“Akane Tendo?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Can you come with me please?” The officer asked, in a demanding voice.
 
“Okay.” Was all Akane said as she left the cell and follows the officer. The officer directs her into the interrogation room. When she walks in, she sees a familiar face, it was the face of officer Frank Monday.
 
“We meet again Miss Tendo.” Frank said in a serious tone. “Sit down please.” Akane walks to the end of the table, pulls out a chair, and take a seat.
 
“What's this about?” Akane asked playing dumb.
 
“You tell me? Sneaking into a place of business; attacking an employee their.”
 
“I did no such thing!” Akane said getting defensive.
 
“No need to lie. I saw you their when I came on the scene.”
 
“That doesn't mean anything! Ukyo started it!” Akane yelled.
 
“I think not. Over a dozen witnesses said they saw you come into the restaurant through the back room.”
 
Bullshit!!! Akane screamed.
 
“Watch your language Miss Tendo!” Frank said, getting a little annoyed.
 
“I didn't sneak in. I came into the restaurant to order a meal and Ukyo attacked me.” Akane lied. “I was just defending myself.”
 
“Well, Ukyo and the rest of the staff are pressing charges against you. This case is going in front of a judge.” Frank said, staring Akane in the eye.
 
“I don't care. I didn't do anything wrong. I-“ Before Akane finished the door opened. A very handsome guy in a black business suit comes walking into the room with an officer escort.
 
“Don't say anything else Akane!” the handsome man said showing his cocky attitude.
 
“Who are you?” Frank asked getting up from his chair.
 
“Allen Smith, attorney of law and Akane's lawyer.” Smith said smiling at officer Frank. Frank recognized the name.
 
“Allen Smith… What's a high priced attorney doing here?”
 
“I'm representing Akane as her lawyer officer, and I don't want to hear any talking going on between Akane and yourself without me being present. However, my client will not say anything else, because she takes the fifth. Right?” Smith asked Akane.
 
“Right!” She agreed now feeling a little relieved.
 
“Fine, however, Akane must return to her cell until Monday. On that day she goes before the Judge to discuss bail arrangements.” Frank said staying professional, but on the inside getting mad.
 
“Very well officer. When can she have visitation?” Smith asked. “Her family wants to see her.”
 
“They can visit her for one hour today that's it.”
 
“Okay.” Smith said nodding.
 
“Are they here now?” Akane asked interrupting the conversation.
 
“Yes they are.” Smith said, smiling at Akane.
 
“Can I see them now?” Akane asked Frank.
 
“Sure, come with me to the visiting room. Smith, you can go get the family.” Frank said to the lawyer.
 
“Okay, be right back Akane, and remember don't say anything.” Smith added looking at Frank with a smirk. He then turns and leaves for the waiting room.
 
Akane follows Frank into the visiting room and sits down. Frank looks at Akane then speaks.
 
“Allen Smith huh? You must have friends in high places?”
 
Akane just looks at him.
 
“Do you really think a flashy attorney can save you? We got all the evidence against you.”
 
Akane continues to give Frank Monday a blank stare.
 
“GRRR! You'll see!” Franks finishes as he leaves the room, just when Akane's family enters the room.
 
MEANWHILE
 
Ranma, Ukyo, Mousse, And Shampoo were in one of the officer's office pressing charges against Akane. officer Frank Monday enters the office and begins to speak.
 
“The Tendo's plan on fighting the charges; they got a high priced attorney on their side too.”
 
“Who?” Mousse asked.
 
“Allen Smith.” Frank answered.
 
“Probably one of Nabiki's scums.” Ranma said in a hissing voice.
 
“Yeah, I hate that Ice Bitch!” Ukyo chimed in.
 
“What do now?” Shampoo asked.
 
“We get a attorney of our own.” Ranma answered. “Mister Monday, do you know of any good lawyers?”
 
“Please! Call me Frank and yes I know of a couple.” Frank said smiling. “Which one you go with however, depends on the price your willing to pay.”
 
“I'm willing to pay any price to get that Akane out of our lives once and for all.” Ukyo said in a passionate voice.
 
“Very well I suggest you go with David Anderson. He's pretty good and might make a good match for the cocky Allen Smith. I will call him right now.” Frank finished. He picks up the phone and dials a couple of numbers. The phone rings twice before someone picks it up.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Yes David? This is Frank Monday.”
 
“What's up Frank? What can I do for you?”
 
“Yes, I need you to represent a victim of a very violent assault. Do you think you can handle it?”
 
“What's the victims name?” David asked.
 
“Ukyo Kouji”
 
“You mean Ukyo of Ucchan's? David's eyebrows now rising a bit.”
 
“That's her.”
 
“Man! I was angry when her okonomiyaki place burned down. How did it happen?” Frank told David about the whole incident including Akane's obsession with Ukyo's fiancé Ranma. “Sure, I'll take the case. When is the bail hearing for the defendant?”
 
“Monday”
 
“Okay, tell Ukyo not to worry, I'm on the case and I'll see her Monday.” David said in a voice of a pro.
 
“Okay, till then David bye.”
 
“Bye.” Frank hangs up the phone and looks at the victim. “David said he's on the case and he will see you Monday at Akane's bail hearing.”
 
“Great!” Ukyo said looking happy.
 
“Yes, I suggest you go home get some rest over the weekend so you can heal. Then show up at the Nerima Court House ten o clock Monday morning and we'll go from there.”
 
“Okay, thank you officer.” Ranma said, as him and his fiancé and co-workers walk out the office towards the main station entrance.
 
“Just doing my job, you have a good weekend.”
 
~~~~
 
The weekend came and went faster than both Akane, her family, and Ranma and his fiancé would've liked. They all showed up at the Nerima Court House on Monday at ten o clock. The purpose was for Allen Smith to argue why Akane is not a danger to society and can go home until the trail. David Anderson was there to argue why Akane was a violent hothead who can't control her temper, therefore making her a threat to anyone who comes near her. But, of course the main reason was to see what date the main trial would take place.
 
NERIMA COURT HOUSE (BAIL HEARING)
 
It was a nice Monday morning in Nerima. The sun was shinning bright; the birds were singing, and the town's people were just beginning to start their day. Unfortunately for Ranma, Ukyo, Shampoo, and Mousse, none of them noticed this beauty. Instead they were all caught up in the crazy drama that Akane Tendo has created with her sick obsession for Ranma.
 
As the group enters the courthouse a guy approaches them. He had on a light brown business suit and was a little fat, but nowhere near obese.
 
“Hi, I was waiting for you. My name is David Anderson and I will be your attorney for the Nerima against Akane Tendo case.” He holds his hand out in front of Ranma.
 
Ranma takes the guys hand and shakes it. “Please to meet you Mister Anderson, I'm Ranma Saotome and this is my friends Shampoo and Mousse.” Anderson shakes both of their hands. “And, this is Ukyo the girl who was attacked.” Ranma continues.
 
“I know who she is, I use to go to her okonomiyaki shop all the time and eat there.” Anderson said smiling.
 
“That's right! I knew you looked familiar. You use to come in every Tuesday at five o clock right?” Ukyo asked glad that a costumer was representing her in this madness.
 
“AH! So you do remember me, I'm touched.” Anderson said smiling down at her. “So, what's all this about Ukyo? Why does this Akane have it in for you so badly?”
 
Ukyo explain the whole story with Anderson. She told him how Akane has been stalking and bugging Ranma since he moved out of the Dojo. She told him how Akane ruined their wedding and kidnapped Ranma. She told him how Akane got her sister to send hired thugs to attack Ranma and her, burning down the okonomiyaki shop. She finished her story by telling Anderson about the latest attack at the Neko Hanten in the room she was staying in.
 
“My goodness! This Akane sounds like a real lose cannon.” Anderson said shaking his head.
 
“You only know the half of it sir.” Ranma began to say. “All this was after I left her. When I was living at the Dojo, Akane was a controlling freak. Every time I would even look at a girl, she would punch me in the face, or hit me with a mallet. I put up with this abuse for three years, because I thought I loved her. I was a fool, because all I was doing was allowing a crazy girl to abuse, hurt, and at times, hospitalize me.” Ranma finished looking down.
 
“Ranma…” Ukyo said, walking up to him and giving him a hug.
 
“My word! This girl sounds like a crazed bully.”
 
“She is, Why Shampoo call her Violent Girl, cause very violent.” Shampoo said putting in her two cents.
 
“Yes, she does have a quick temper; I saw it once.” Mousse said, agreeing with everyone.
 
“Well, thanks for telling me. I will use this information in front of the judge. Hopefully, he will deny her bail. Come on lets head for the courtroom. Anderson finished. He turns and walks down the court hall with Ranma and the gang following him.
 
MEANWHILE
 
Attorney Allen Smith and the Tendo Family were already in the courtroom. They were waiting for the Judge and the victim to enter.
 
“Don't worry Nabiki I have this under control; just let me do the talking.” Smith said smirking at her.
 
“I believe in you Allen.” Was Nabiki's simple comment to what the attorney just said.
 
“Akane?” Kasumi called to her sister.
 
“Yes Kasumi?” Akane answered back.
 
“If you're aloud to be released on bail, me and you are going to have a long talk when we get home. Kasumi said, looking at Akane with a calm, but angry face. When Akane looks into her eldest sisters eyes, she swallows a lump in her throat.
 
Just as Kasumi finished, the door to the courtroom opens. David Anderson, Ranma, Ukyo, Shampoo, and Mousse walk through the door into the room. They go take a seat in the prosecutions area of the room. Ukyo turns her head and looks over at the Tendo family and their lawyer in the defense area of the room. She sees Nabiki look over and give her an innocent smile, but when Nabiki gives an innocent smile, watch out, because she's planning something. Genma was looking at Ranma with an angry glare, a glare which Ranma returned at him. Akane was ignoring Ukyo acting almost like she never saw her before. Ukyo decided to do the same. And Soun would just cry every now and then, in which Kasumi had to go comfort him. As for Shampoo and Mousse, they were just waiting for the judge to come in. Luckily, they didn't have to wait long because the judge just entered the room and sat on the bench. One of the court officers walks to the center of the courtroom and spoke.
 
“Your Honor Judge Price presiding.” He then goes back to the side of the room and watches the defendant.
 
“I understand I'm here to hear reasons why Miss Akane Tendo, who was charge with assault, should or shouldn't be aloud to have bail. I will let the Defense go first followed by the Prosecution. After I hear both sides, I will give my verdict on the matter at hand.” Judge Price said putting on his glasses. “Defense you may begin.”
 
Allen Smith gets up and begins to speak. “Thank you your honor. First I would like to say that this charge against Akane Tendo is just plain pathetic. Akane Tendo is recognized as one of the most nicest, sweetest, persons around Nerima. She has a lot of friends at school; She makes good grades; She's a member of almost every school sports team. Yet, here she is charge with a brutal assault; I just don't get it.”
 
“Akane told me that what they call a assault, was really self-defense. Akane told me that when she entered the restaurant to order some food, a jealous, insecure Ukyo immediately thought she was trying to make a play for her man, so she attacked her.” Allen shakes his head. “Ukyo is the real culprit not Akane. Akane is not a threat to society. If you allow her bail, all she will do is stay home with her family until the main trial begins. So, please judges don't let her spend the next couple of weeks in a cell like an animal. Let her go home to her family, this family right here.” Smith points to the Tendo's sitting at the defense desk. “A family that loves her so much, they're here to support the girl in her time of need. That's all I have to say your honor. Thank you.” Allen Smith finished in a smooth charming voice. He sits down at his defense desk.
 
“Okay, your turn prosecution.” Judge Price said, not wasting any time.
 
David Anderson gets up for his deck and begins to speak. “Your honor, don't buy this talk about Akane being so nice and sweet, because she's nothing like that at all. Akane is a very controlling person. If she doesn't get things her way, she throws fits and loses her temper. You see your honor, Akane and Ukyo's fiancé, Ranma, use to be an item; he even use to live at her place. But, Ranma soon found out how abusive and controlling the real Akane Tendo is, that's why he left the Dojo and her as well. Every since then Akane has been stalking and terrorizing Ranma and his fiancé. I won't get into all of the details, because I will bring them out in the trial. I will however, say that more than a dozen witnesses saw Akane sneaking to the restaurant through the back room. Now if she was getting food, why didn't she come in through the front entrance door? Plus, these witnesses saw Akane walk across the room from the back room and up the stairs. They then said they heard some loud thumping noises soon after she went up stairs.” Anderson then points to Shampoo. “If it wasn't of her co-worker Shampoo going to see what was wrong and pulling Akane off of Ukyo when she did, Ukyo might not be here today. Look at her your honor. See the bruises on her face? They were caused by Akane's assault. So, as you can clearly see she is not able to function properly in society. Please deny her bail! If she gets out she might attack Ukyo again, because a girl like her can't help herself. Thank you for listening and I hope you make the right ruling.” Anderson finished sitting down.
 
Judge Price thinks about both the lawyers' argument for a couple of minutes, then he makes his ruling. “Akane may or may not be at fault for Ukyo's injuries, but she is the one charged with assault, not Ukyo. If Akane were by herself I would've denied her bail, but since her family is with her, I will set bail for Akane Tendo at 50,000 yen. Plus I will add a restraining order against Miss Tendo. If she is caught 30 feet near the victim, I will dismiss the upcoming trial and convict Akane for assault myself. I will then make her serve a 2-3 year sentence of hard time at Nerima Women's Prison. Is that understood?”
 
“Yes your honor.” Allen Smith said.
 
“Yes your honor.” David Anderson said as well.
 
“Good, any questions?” Judge Price asked.
 
“Can I pay for her bail right now?” Smith asked the judge.
 
“Yes you can if you have the money.” The judge answered.
 
“Great!”
 
“Any other questions? Okay, court is dismissed.” The judge finished hitting the gable hard on his stand. KNOK KNOK!!!
 
 
TENDO DOJO
 
After Nabiki paid for Akane's bail, She and the rest of the Tendo family quickly went back to their home at the dojo. Akane had on an ankle bracelet, which aloud the police to keep tabs on her, in case she might try something. Akane's biggest problem, however, was facing Nabiki's rage. Nabiki didn't hesitate in screaming at Akane for such a foolish move. Akane was just looking at Nabiki as if she was confused.
 
“But, Nabiki…”
 
“NO BUTS! What you did was completely stupid and you almost didn't make it out their alive. Now Shampoo and most of Nerima now knows about the situation. You're now the talk of the town. Everywhere I go, I hear people talking or whispering about what you did in that Chinese restaurant.” Nabiki didn't stop there, she continued bringing her point home. “Worst yet, that BITCH! Ukyo has a strong case against you. I had to get the best lawyer Nerima had to offer to take your case. However, theirs still a 50/50 chance you might get convicted.” Nabiki finally finished looking at Akane, her big, cold, coin like, eyes shinning.
 
When Akane heard Nabiki say she still might get convicted, her confused look turned into a scared look. “Can't you do anything to stop the trial? Pay off the judge, or the police?”
 
“No Akane”, was Nabiki's simple answer.
 
“But I don't want to go to jail!” Akane shouted, her eyes beginning to water.
 
“Don't worry, you won't.” Nabiki said calming down a bit. “We have to go through with the trail, however. Don't worry; Smith is the best lawyer around he'll get you off. You just need to stay here until the trail. My sources are already at work trying to find anything they can to make this trail a cakewalk for you.”
 
Thanks Nabiki! Akane said cheering up a bit.
 
“Whatever.” Nabiki answered, she didn't like showing her emotions. Suddenly the door to Akane's room opens. Kasumi was standing at the entrance. She walks in looking a bit sad.
 
“Can you excuse us, Nabiki?” I want to talk with Akane alone for a minute.
 
Nabiki knew that her innocent older sister wasn't very happy with Akane right now. Still, she wasn't about to get in her way. “Sure Sis”, was her simple answer. Nabiki looks at Akane one last time before she finally leaves the room closing the door behind her.
 
Kasumi walks over and sits down on the bed next to Akane. What she did next shocked Akane and anyone else if they saw her; she slapped Akane hard across the face. “How could you lie to me?” Kasumi asked still in a soft, but pain felt voice. Akane, surprised by what Kasumi did to her starts to cry.
 
“I DID IT FOR LOVE!” Akane shouted while crying. “THAT BITCH TOOK MY RANMA FROM ME! SHE HAD TO PAY!”
 
Kasumi raised her hand as if she was going to slap Akane again, but when she saw Akane cover up helplessly, she put her hand back down. “I'm disappointed in you Akane.” Kasumi said as she got up making her way towards the door. Akane, however, grabbed her hand stopping her.
 
“I'm sorry Kasumi! Please don't hate me?!” Akane pleaded, but Kasumi jerked her hand away.
 
“No you're not Akane.” Kasumi said, not even bothering to turn around as she left the room slamming the door behind her. Akane watches the door for a couple of minutes, before she breaks down and cries her herself to sleep.
 
NEKO HANTEN
 
Ranma was tending to Ukyo's wounds she suffered from the hands of a psychotic Akane. He knew Akane had a bad temper, he even knew she could hold a grudge for a long time. But Ranma never in his life thought that the girl he use to love deeply, turned out to be an obsessive, psychotic, fruitcake. Ranma was now glad he broke up with her when he did. Seeing the destruction she caused in their lives make him dislike Akane more than he could possibly imagine; his feelings for her was bordering on hatred.
 
Ukyo looked up and saw Ranma was deep in thought. “What are you thinking about?” Ukyo asked the love of her life. Ranma looks down at her. Even with the bruises and bandages, Ukyo still looked beautiful in his eyes.
 
“Nothing, just thinking about how lucky I am to have a woman like you.” Ranma said, smiling down at her as he wrapped the bandage around her head.
 
“Ah! Ranma that's so sweet!” Ukyo passionately responded. She pulls Ranma's head down to hers. They share a very deep and passionate kiss. When they where done, Ranma and Ukyo pulled apart looking at each other with loving eyes. Ukyo's eyes suddenly start to turn sad, something that didn't go unnoticed by Ranma.
 
“What's wrong?” Ranma asked his love.
 
“Do you think Akane will get convicted?” Ukyo answered his question with a question.
 
“I hope so,” Ranma answered.
 
“The next time she attacks me I'll be ready for her; that hussy.” Ukyo starts her voice getting deep and violent.
 
“Hopefully it won't come down to that.” Ranma said, trying his best to calm Ukyo down. She had every right to be angry, but he hated to see her mad or sad. “Let's let the law deal with it honey. I'm sure once the evidence comes out, Akane will be spending some time in prison.”
 
“Yeah… hopefully,” Ukyo concludes agreeing with her husband.
 
 
Days have passed and both the parties involved in this drama were trying their best to live their lives as if nothing happened to spoil it. However, talk was starting to flow very quickly around Nerima. The love triangle between Ukyo, Ranma, and Akane was the subject everybody couldn't stop talking about. Even the Nerima news media started to get involved in the drama. They would have live debates on rather Akane was justified in doing what she did, or if she was just crazy. People who supported Ranma and Ukyo would go to the restaurant and give their condolences. As you can imagine business was booming, more now than ever before. Shampoo and Mousse never got this much traffic. Still, they saw it as a chance to spread the reputation of the Neko Hanten all around Nerima, and a good chance it was indeed. By the time the trial came up, almost all of Nerima was waiting in suspense. People were rushing into the courtroom so they could get ringside seats. Even though this was a simple assault case, the soap opera like story surrounding the case made it the biggest thing in Nerima since, who knows.
 
 
Trial Day 1: Opening Hearings
 
 
The courtroom was packed. The Tendo's were present as well as Ranma, Ukyo, Shampoo and Mousse. Akane was sitting in the defendant's side of the courtroom next to Allen Smith. Ukyo was sitting in the prosecutions side of the room next to David Anderson. The rest of the courtroom was packed with town's people eager to see how this trial would end up. Judge Price was in the front of the courtroom on the judge's bench. Security officers were all around the room waiting for something to happen. Judge Price begins to speak.
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen we're here today in the case of the People VS. Akane Tendo. Akane has pleaded not guilty under the law; therefore we will begin opening hearings to day. The court will now hear the prosecutions opening statement.” The judge looks towards David Anderson. David nods and gets up. He walks to the center of the courtroom.
 
“Thank you your honor. Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, I'm here to prove that on March 19, 2003 around 6:30pm Akane Tendo sneaked into the restaurant Neko Hanten and brutally assaulted Ukyo Kouji. Not only did witnesses see Akane sneak into the place, they watched her as she creped upstairs and even heard loud crashes and thumping noises soon afterwards. Now many of you sitting hear might wonder why Akane would do such a thing? To find the answers to the question we must go back. You see, Akane and Ranma use to be a couple, in fact, they were engage to be married. Ranma, after a long period of abuse by Akane, finally got feed up and left her. It's was then that Akane started her obsessive behavior. You see Ranma left Akane for his best friend at the time Ukyo Kouji. It was then that Akane became obsess with getting her out of the way by any means necessary. Akane is a classic sociopath. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, and if you get in her way she'll do anything it takes even commit violence or worse to get her way. Once you hear the evidence you will see for yourself what type of person she really is. Thank you for listening.” David goes and sits down. There was a little chitchat going on in the courtroom.
 
“Quiet please!” Judge Price said making everybody quiet again. “The defense your opening statement please.” The judge looks over at Allen Smith. Smith stands up and gives his award-winning smile; some women in the room faint. He then walks to the front of the courtroom.
 
“Look people. What the prosecutor said is just plain foolishness. Akane is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He claims that Akane assaulted Ukyo? Well she told me it was self-defense, and I believe her. You want to know why? Because of that man right their!” Smith points to Ranma in the courtroom; making everyone else turn and look at him. That's right people this man right here is scum. He's a womanizer, a jerk, a bully, and a coward!
 
“OHHHHH!” People in the courtroom started to say.
 
Allen liking how his plan was working continues. “The prosecutor claims that Akane is obsessive. Well wouldn't you be obsessive too if your fiancé was flirting and sleeping with other girls behind your back.”
 
“THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!” Ranma shouted. His friends tried their best to silence him, but the damage was done. Not only did he make the judge mad, he made the other people in the courtroom wonder if there was some truth to Allen's claims.
 
“Ranma Soatome! I will not have anymore outburst in my courtroom, understand?!” Judge price asked, eyes glaring at him.
 
“Yes your honor I'm sorry.” Ranma answered sitting back down. Allen, now smiling, continues.
 
“Akane is the victim here. She was a sweet innocent schoolgirl, who had many friends and was a member of almost every sports team. She even practiced Kendo, a martial art that is a family tradition. Even though Akane had many male admirers, she never got involved with any of them. It wasn't until this Casanova showed up that her perfect life started to get complicated. He swept her off of her feet at first. She even agreed to marry him at one point and time. But, Ranma had a dark secret. He had other women on the side who he was suppose to marry as well. When Akane found out about this, you could understand how she would react. Akane didn't assault Ukyo. She was defending herself against one of Ranma's many girls he has wrapped around his finger. I wlll prove that it's Ranma and Ukyo who are the problem, not Akane. Thank you.' Allen bows and gives one last charming smile before he goes and sits back down.
 
Ranma was filled with rage. How dare this guy say such things about him, but Ranma kept his cool. He knew making another out burst would make things worst for their case, so he just sat there and took it.
 
 
Trial Day 2: The Prosecution calls their witnesses.
 
 
The people in the busy courtroom look as David Anderson gets up. He has a confident look on his face as he calls the first witness.
 
“The people call Ku Wung your honor.” The courtroom looks as a short Chinese man enters the room. He goes to the front of the courtroom and sits in the chair. Anderson walks up to him.
 
“Sir I just need you to answer a few questions.”
 
“No problem,” the guy said smiling back.
 
“Mister Wung were you at the Neko Hanten that day in question?”
 
“Yes sir”
 
“Did you see Akane come into the restaurant through the back room?”
 
“Yes I did.”
 
“Did you find her suspicious?”
 
“Well to be honest with you at the time I didn't.”
 
“Really why not?” David asked his witness.
 
“Because at the time I thought see was a worker coming into the restaurant to start her shift.”
 
“And do you recognize Akane Tendo sir?”
 
“Yes I do” Wung said plainly.
 
“Can you point her out for the courtroom?”
 
“Sure.” Wung points at Akane sitting in the defenses corner. It was she, the girl with the short bluish black hair.
 
“Ladies and Gentleman for the record let it show that Mister Wung identified Akane Tendo as the person he saw.” Anderson said loud enough for the whole court to hear.
 
“After she entered the dinning area, what did she do?”
 
“She slowly walked over to the stairs at the other end of the room and started to go up it.”
 
“Did she look sneaky in a way when she made her way over there?”
 
“OBJECTION!” Smith shouted.
 
“OVERRULED!” The judge shouted back. “Answer the question Mister Wung.”
 
“Well now that I think about it. She was looking around a lot, almost as if she was watching out for someone.”
 
“What happened after she walked up the stairs?”
 
“Well I went back to eating my food for about a couple of minutes, when I heard a loud crash.”
 
“What happen after that?”
 
“Well the Chinese girl known as Shampoo stopped talking to one of the costumers and went upstairs.” It was then that I heard even louder banging noises. About five minutes after that, I saw Mousse run upstairs. Then about three minutes later, I saw mousse come down and go into the kitchen. A minute later Shampoo came down stairs with a knocked out Akane over hear shoulders. She carried her into the same back room Akane came into the restaurant from.” Wung finished looking at David.
 
“Mister Wung let me ask you this. Judging by what you heard and saw, did you think Akane was up to no good?”
 
“OBJECTION!” Smith shouted again.
 
“SISTAIN!” Judge Price shouted back, but Anderson didn't care.
 
“No more further questions your honor.” Anderson sits down and looks at the faces in the room; he liked what he saw.
 
“The Defense,” Judge Price said.
 
Allen gets up, “No questions your honor.” He then sits back down. Allen was a smart attorney and knew he couldn't do too much with the witnesses. The key to winning in his eyes was to wait for the main people like Ukyo, Shampoo, and Mousse to get on the stand. It was then that he would do his damage. With this in mind Allen sat back, as four other witnesses, all costumers got on the stand and basically told the same story.
 
 
Trail Day 3: The Defense Strikes Back.
 
 
After all the witnesses testified that they saw Akane at the Neko Hanten before the assault, things didn't look too good for her. Allen, however, wasn't worried, because the part where he shines was coming up. He was now looking at a nervous Mousse on the witness stand.
 
“So tell me Mousse how long have you been in love with Shampoo?”
 
“OBJECTION! That has nothing to do with this case!” Anderson shouted, but Allen fired back.
 
“Of course it does your honor, it let's us see the kind of mindset he has.”
 
“I will allow it. Answer the question, Mousse.” The judge said looking at him.
 
“Since I was 5 years old, why?” Mousse asked Allen already not liking him.
 
“Why indeed,” Allen replied. “Do you love her enough to lie for her?”
 
“OBJECTION!”
 
“OVERRULED!”
 
“It depends,” Mousse said looking more nervous.
 
“DEPENDS!” Allen said, acting shocked. “Depends on what?”
 
“On the situation,” Mousse replied.
 
“A situation like Shampoo attacking and beating Akane within an inch of her life because she wants Ranma all to herself!” Allen screamed.
 
“What! Shampoo never did such a thing. She saved Ukyo's life.” Mousse shouted back looking mad.
 
“Cut the crap Mousse! Why would Shampoo save the life of a girl who is getting in the way of her and Ranma being together?”
 
“Because Ukyo works with us and Shampoo already accepted Ranma being with her.”
 
“So, you're saying Ranma had threesomes?!!!” Allen said so loud the courtroom had an echo effect.
 
“NO! You're sick!”
 
“I'm sick. I'm not the one cheating on different women.”
 
“Ranma never cheated on anyone. He is a man of honor,” Mousse said not believing he was defending his rival.
 
“OH! Please! Ranma had 5 fiancés including Akane at one time isn't that true?”
 
“Yeah! But…”
 
“And you're trying to tell me that those are not the actions of a perverted freak?”
 
“You don't-”
 
“Answer the question?”
 
Mousse didn't know what to do. If he said yes the people will think Ranma is at fault and not Akane! But, if he said no, then the people will think he thought being a perverted freak was normal. So he choose the best answer.
 
“NO.”
 
“OHHHH! OH MY!” The whole courtroom gasped.
 
Allen continued this plan through out the trial. He really let Ranma and Ukyo have it when they were on the stand. He excuses them of some conspiracy of trying to assault and kill Akane when she went into the restaurant to get something to eat. When he put Shampoo on the stand he had a field day with her. He, like so many other people, made her seem like she was some dumb bimbo because of the way she spoke. In the end the people either bought the stories of the witnesses in the restaurant, or people bought the mass conspiracy theory of the defense was hammering home.
 
 
Trial Final Day: The Verdict.
 
 
After both men gave very strong and passionate closing arguments, the case was now in the hands of the Jury. They enter the courtroom and sat down in their seats. None of them looked at Akane, this made Allen very nervous.
 
 
“Juries have you reached a verdict? Judge Price asked.”
 
“Yes we did your honor.” The forewoman said, she goes an reads the verdict. We the jury find. Akane Tendo… Guilty of Assault And Battery. We find the testimony of the witnesses enough to convict her. The injuries to Ukyo face and body are proof enough of her guilt we feel your honor.”
 
“OHH!! MY! OHHHH!” The courtroom was filled with people talking about what they just heard.
 
“Thank you forewoman.” A court officer walks over and gives the verdict letter over to the judge. After confirming what he just heard, he looks up at a shocked looking Akane and gives his ruling.
 
“Miss Tendo since you where found guilty I sentence you to 2 years in Nerima Prison. You will be eligible for parole after 1 years. Take those years to think about what you have done, and how you made this poor girl, as well as your own family suffer. Sentence is to begin immediately. Take her away!”
 
Akane couldn't believe what was happening. It wasn't until one of the officers came up and reached for her did she react. “NO! STAY! AWAY!” Akane starts to fight. Another officer runs and gives his colleague a hand. Soon they were able to get Akane on the ground and handcuff her. As she was being lead out Akane looks and sees her family. Soun and Kasumi were crying. Nabiki looks at Akane with a blank face, but you can tell from her eyes that she was devastated. Akane then looks and sees Ranma and Ukyo. Ukyo was smiling and hugging Ranma. Ranma was hugging her back. Mousse and Shampoo had satisfied looks on their faces, as she was being lead out. Akane then turns and looks at Ranma one last time. This time however, he was looking back at her. Akane screams with as much passion you'd ever hear “RANMA!!! PLEASE!!!” For a moment Ranma looks concerned, but after a second, he turns around and ignores her.
 
 
NOT THE END.