Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Surving High School: Freshmen Year ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: My friend and I do not own the characters of Naruto or Inuyasha. Only

Ginko InuKitsune and Mhera Hiwatori. Oh and no flames. R&R por favor.(Read and review, please)

Hai: Yes

Iie: No

Gomen: Sorry

Arigato: Thank You

Chapter 1

By: Sagittarius 4 (A.K.A. Mhera) and Sagittarius 5 (A.K.A. Ginko)

 

The school was silent as a girl with short brown hair and glasses, wearing the school uniform, entered from the cold outside morning. Not even daylight, she glanced at the school clock and realized that the one side was missing. Laughing at herself, she made it all the way down the hall to her locker. Entering her combination, she grabbed a few select items and a geometry book, she slammed the locker door shut. Satisfied that she made a loud noise in the morning, she happily made her way to the sophomore wing. She scribbled down her name on a piece of paper and happily made her way back to the freshmen wing. She had feeling today was going to be different.

Standing by her friend’s locker, she waited patiently for her friend to arrive at school. She glanced at the glass doors, then looked at the ugly blue lockers they were given at the beginning of the school year. She looked at the school clock again, then brown-haired girl decided to stare at the floor. Hearing the door open at the end of the hall, the girl‘s hazel eyes twinkled when she saw her friend.

Excitement bubbled beneath the surface and she yelled to her about the news. “Maria! There’s going to be four new transfer students today! Plus, plus, a new teacher and a brand new course.”

Wearing the cursed school uniform, her friend, a shorter girl with short, messy brown hair walked over yawning. “Huh?” She asked sleepily, as she plopped her red and black backpack on the floor.

Laughing, she told Maria again. “I already signed up for the course. Oh, you must sign up right now!”

Maria grinned. “I almost forgot about that... wait. Sign up for what?”

She jumped up and down, making even more noise. “ To join the class! Classes start today during seminar.”

“What class?” She asked confused.

Holding a piece of paper out like a flyer, she boldly declared. “Learning How to Control Your Chakra and much other nonsense!”

“Nonsense you say? Yeah, sure.” She yawned and opened her locker. “Have fun with that, Abbi.” She began pulling out random books, binders, notebooks, and folders and piling them neatly in a stack on the floor. She stuffed her backpack into her locker and slammed it shut.

“So are you going to sign up before choir starts?” Abbi folded her hands as if she was about to pray. “Pretty please?”

“Kay.” She picked up the large stack of books and stuff. “Is the office even open?”

Abbi headed towards the sophomore wing. “To join, you have to go to the classroom. I just signed up.”

“Kay.”

They headed towards room 302; Abbi though was bouncing all over the place. Coming up to the classroom door, a list was hanging there with six names. Before Maria could even put her name on the sign-up sheet, Abbi snatched the list.

Not really believing what her eyes were seeing, Abbi looked the list over again. “Maria, these names were not on here before.”

She snatched it back, “Yours, Haruno Sakura, Hiwatori Mhera, InuKitsune Ginko, Uchiha Sasuke, and Uzumaki Naruto.” She read. “These are all Japanese names. Is that where they’re from?”

Pondering for a moment, a light bulb went off in Abbi’s head. “The names do sound like they’re Japanese. Besides that, the names themselves sound awfully familiar.”

“Naruto... Naruto... hmm, isn’t that an anime? And doesn’t Sakura mean Cherry blossom? Hiwatori, that’s firebird. Uchiha- that’s a traditional Japanese weapon, a fan thing, InuKitsune stands for dog- fox, Ginko- that‘s a combination of silver and child.” Maria mused thoughtfully.

“Well, some of that does sound familiar. Let’s just get your name on the list.”

When Maria finished jotting her name down, Abbi pointed something out. “Maria, someone ‘s in there.”

“Who is it?” She began jumping up and down, trying to see through the high window on the door.

“If you stop jumping, I would be able to see.” As Abbi was about to see who was inside room 302, when the knob began to turn.

“Maria, someone is coming out the door!”

“Eep!” She took off down the hallway.

“Wait for me!” Abbi ran after her very quick friend.

Laughing under breath, Abbi caught up with Maria. Both were several yards away from choir class.

Panting just a bit, Abbi tried to get her question out, “Who do you think that was?”

“The teacher maybe?” .... “And yes, the sarcasm was intended.”

“All right, it was a stupid question and I got a stupid answer.” Abbi glanced at the clock. “Maybe we can get into choir class without being late.”

She looked at Maria, well she would of if she was there.

“Maria?” Abbi glanced ahead of her. “Maria, you beat me to choir! That was really sly!”

“Gomen, I can’t respond, I’m too busy being not tardy.” ^.^

Her short friend walked into choir class, as Abbi ran inside after her. Grabbing their choir folders from the shelf out of habit, Abbi sat down on the left side of the table. Maria was sitting on the opposite side of her. The room itself was quite big. No blinds covered the windows, and there were about five lava lamps on one of the pianos.

Their teacher, Mrs. Bronder, was rummaging around in her stack of music papers. She was probably just a tad shorter than Abbi and she carried this air of experienced years talking about theology and teaching music to young choir members. A lot of the students liked Mrs. Bronder, partly because they don’t really get in trouble with her.

Without looking up from what she was doing, Mrs. Bronder directed her statement to Abbi. “You’re late.”

Abbi fidgeted and dropped her gaze. “I’m sorry, I really intended not to be tardy.” She looked back up at her. “Mrs. Bronder what are you looking for?”

“I’m looking for my roll sheet... where’d it go?”

“Um, Mrs. Bronder...” Maria interrupted, “It’s in your hand...”

“Oh...”

Sitting down in her chair, Mrs. Bronder took the attendance. Finishing with that, she started the class off. “We have a couple of new songs to learn for mass and unfortunately, the sophomore's are on their trip to the museum.”

Maria already knew how small the class was, but Abbi turned her head to see for herself. She was surprised at how small the class was and instantly noticed two new students standing by the door. Keeping her eyes locked on the two, her hand tried desperately to reach Maria. Not being successful, it only hit the table.

“Maria, am I dreaming again?”

Only hearing the mumbling from her friend, she averted her hazel eyes to her sleepy friend. “What?”

Maria lifted her head only enough to give her annoying companion a deadly glare. A chill ran down Abbi’s spine when she seen her friend‘s grey eyes became steely.

“I said, you probably are dreaming.”

Desperation taking its toll, Abbi began to panic. “Please! Just look. I think I’m going crazy.”

“Fine, just because...” Maria trailed off, blinking at the two new students. Lowering her voice she whispered, “I call the hot one.” She gestured at the black-haired boy.

Taken back by what her friend just said, Abbi moved her books down the table and sat in the seat that was far from Maria.

Lowering her voice also, Abbi whispered back, “I don’t care! Besides look how close that pink-haired girl is standing next to him.” Leaning across the table just a bit, she watched her friend’s reaction. “And if I were you, I would go ask Mrs. Bronder and see if he is allowed to sit at this table, right in the middle of us.”

Maria shrugged half-heartedly. “Nah.” She put her head back down in her arms. “Pinky there is giving him enough attention.” She closed her eyes.

Disappointed that her shorter friend was not going to react the way she wanted her too, she sat back in her seat. Abbi just sat there, blinking and staring at Maria.

“Okay...” Staring at her for a few more minutes, an idea came to mind and before thinking it through she blurted it out. “Fine! If you won’t say anything, I will.”

“Don’t!”

Smiling evilly, she got up and began talking to Mrs. Bronder about the two new students that were at the door. Coming back to the table, her smile grew even more, which was still considered pretty evil.

“Do I want to know?” Maria sighed.

Abbi laughed and just rolled her eyes at her friend. “You’re going to find out in a second.”

Mrs. Bronder looked at the two new students. “What are your names?”

“Haruno Sakura!” The pink-haired girl gushed.

Her dark haired companion smirked. “Uchiha Sasuke.”

“Your vocal range?”

“Vocal range?” The girl, Sakura, now dubbed ‘Pinky’ by Maria echoed. Sasuke just shrugged.

Sighing, Mrs. Bronder put them in their groups. “Sakura you can be a soprano and Sasuke... How about a baritone. Since I normally don’t do this, one of my students has asked me that I allow you to sit with them.”

“Great.” Maria muttered darkly, she had a deep-rooted hatred for the color pink.

Abbi looked at her, understanding what she was talking about. “Don’t worry Maria, I understand how you feel.”

Sasuke and Sakura made their way to the two girls. They stood there awkwardly at their table. Abbi stood up and shook hands with them.

A warm smile gracing her features, she introduced herself. “My name is Abbigale; everyone calls me Abbi for short. Well almost everyone does, they usually call me by my last name.”

“Maria.” She looked up at the new kids. “And blame Abbi, not me.”

She stuck her tongue out at her friend. “I don’t know why you’re saying that for. Stuff like this happens when I get bored and need a little...” Abbi sat down. “Shoot! Now I owe you a dollar.”

“Wonderful! Hey Pinky, can you and your pretty-boy friend sing?”

Sakura blushed and glanced longingly at Sasuke.

Sakura was about to reply, but Mrs. Bronder told them to sit gown. “Time for warm ups.”

During warm ups, Maria and Abbi paid close attention to Sasuke’s beautiful baritone voice. Glancing at one another, both smiling, they knew Mrs. Bronder put Sasuke in the right vocal group. Yet Sasuke’s voice alone could not hide Sakura’s horrible one.

When Mrs. Bronder finished, Abbi, Maria, and Sasuke sat there in horrid silence, wishing to have covered their ears so badly. Maria, being farther away from Sakura’s voice, was unaffected. To Abbi’s dismay, she had gotten the full blast.

Maria winced and her right eye twitched. “I believe that was akin to a poor tortured animal’s dying cry.”

Abbi blinked back some tears. All she heard was a buzzing noise. She looked at Maria, her lips were moving but Abbi did not hear a sound.

“What?”

“I said that sounded like the noise a deranged moose makes when he is being mauled by a mountain lion.”

Puzzled, Abbi scratched her head. “I can’t read lips.”

“Oh my friggin’ gosh,” Maria shrieked dramatically. “She made Abbi deaf!” She started to shake Abbi by her shoulders. “Abbi! Abbi, hang in there! It’s going to be okay! Don’t give up Abbi! We’ll get your hearing back!”

Abbi began crying. “Stop shaking me. You’re scaring me! I want my hearing back!”

“Gomen.” Maria sat back in her seat.

Abbi calmed down just a bit and glared at Sakura with unimaginable torture running through her head. She looked at Maria then at Sasuke. Then looked back at Maria again. “Maria, do you have any gum? Use your head to say hai or iie.”

She shook her head. “Gomen, again.”

“Do you have any gum Sasuke?”

He nodded his head.

“Can I have a piece, please?”

Looking at her oddly, he gave her a piece.

“Arigato.” Chewing on her new piece of gum that tasted strangely like apples, her ears miraculous popped. “Finally. I can hear again.”

“It’s a miracle! Abbi you’re cured!”

“I know!” ^.^ She focused her attention on Sasuke. “So, where are you from?”

He gave her a bored look, “Japan.”

“You don’t have to sound so bored about it.” Pouting, she crossed her arms over her chest. “I mean it was only a stinkin’ question,” trying to blink back tears and failing miserably, she rambled on. “And I only wanted to make friends.”

Not wanting anyone to know she was a big crybaby, she hurriedly wiped the tears away. Grabbing her stuff and some tissues on the way out, Abbi ran off somewhere in the school.

“You mother effin’ jerkwad!” Maria growled. “Now look what you did.” She took off after friend.

Confused at the odd behavior at the two girls, Sasuke stood up and left choir class in search of them; well mainly just one of them. Sakura never even noticed.