Realism Fan Fiction ❯ White lies ❯ Mizerable ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

White lies: Chapter Two.

The next morning Mimi stumbled ungracefully out of the front door, her features covering by a black hooded sweatshirt. Her assumption of how last night's events would carry out was unfortunately correct. Chris had beaten her worse then any other time before; there was no place on her petite, delicate body that was not covered in cuts or contusions. Luckily, the wonders of makeup has saved her from a week of isolation within the house in fear that someone would notice the cuts on her face and arms, and her black eye.
Mimi sighed deeply, and began to walk down the vacant street, her mind deep in though about what to do about the ongoing situation, how long could she go on with the daily beatings? Were they ever going to stop? As the disheartening thoughts ran through her head, consuming her, she lost her footing on the sidewalk. She yelped and shut her eyes tightly, expecting to hit rough concrete, but the expected impact never came. A soft laugh alerted her to open her eyes. Her eyes fluttered open to see a familiar boy holding her hand, prevented the concrete from injuring her. “Vince!” She exclaimed, standing up and smiling sweetly, “nice reflexes…” She said giggling softly at herself before muttering a thank-you.
“ No problem, you should really watch where you're going next time Mimi,” Vince commented, taking his hand from hers and putting it in his pocket of the trench coat he wore yesterday.
Mimi smiled, now in good spirits that she was in the company of a friend…Sort of. As she gazed up at him, she noticed his bandana was pulled up a bit revealing his smoky blue eyes…But there was something strange about the right eye. “What's up?” She asked him as they began to walk off together.
“Nothing much, how are you doing?”
“Not too bad…”
“What's with that mark on your cheek? Are you Okay?” Vince said stopping in front of Mimi and inspecting the mark for himself. Mimi cursed herself inwardly for not leaving the house without double checking for visible injuries, she laughed and shrunk away from his touch.
“I'm fine, I just fell down the stairs. Nothing big, honestly,” she said faking a smile.
`She's a horrible Liar,” Vince thought, but humored her and went along with the tale.

After a few hours of idle chit-chat, Mimi looked down at her watch and gasped at the time. It was three o'clock, surely her uncle would be home…And if he realized she was not present also…There would be hell to pay. She turned to Vince and sighed deeply, “Hey Vince? I got to get my ass home...I'm sorry,” He simply nodded as Mimi turned around and ran hastily home, praying to the gods that her uncle was stuck in traffic and had not arrived home yet.
Vince stared at the girl as she ran off, he had noticed a hint of dread in her eyes as she told him she needed to leave. `Hmm, it wouldn't hurt to be nosey…Just this once
.'

Mimi jumped into her room via the window she had left open in the morning, she sighed deeply and walked calmly out of her room, her stomach pleading with her to get some food. “Where the hell were you, Brat?” The familiar booming voice of her uncle shot out as she entered the kitchen. He sat at the head of the dinning room table, a cold can of beer in his clenched hand.
Mimi could smell the alcohol on his breath from all the way across the room “I'm sorry Uncle…I just went for a walk…”She said
truthfully, knowing if she lied he would most likely see right through her. She closed her eyes tightly as her uncle walked over to her, a slight stagger in his step and struck her across the face.
“You stupid Brat, you are not to leave this house under any circumstances whatsoever!” He growled at her, grabbing her arm roughly and throwing her up against the wall. Mimi just stood there, she knew she was too small, too weak to do anything to stop this man, all she could do was hold back her tears and desperately imagine she was somewhere else…Somewhere where people loved her


Vince wa
tched in horror and disbelief at the scene playing out before his eyes. The kind girl he has met only a few days ago stood in her kitchen, helpless as a full grown man beat on her inexorably. He cursed himself sullenly for being frozen to his spot behind the bushes in front of the window, hidden from the two people. Soon enough the man turned his back towards him and turned off the lights and left unconscious girl behind. A few minutes later the girl stumbled up and out of the room, sobbing quietly. Vince's heart ached in sympathy for the poor girl, “No one deserves that kind of treatment…But at least it seems I'm not the only one with a dark life…” He said aloud, pulling his trench coat closer to him. He kicked himself mentally for not bursting in and attempting to help her…She was his friend…Well not necessarily his friend, but one of the very few people who actually talk to him and are willing to be seen with him. He stood up and shook his head lightly, how could someone harm such a quiet, non-threatening person? He turned away and walked off the property, he may have been useless to help tonight…But tomorrow would be different.