Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Catch and Release ❯ Gone/Brimestone Kid ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Original Prompt :: Brimstone Kid
New Title :: Gone
Word Count :: 348
People are staring. A lot. I don't exactly look any different than them, yet they stare. Okay, so I might have terminal bed head that no comb has managed to tame. They won't let me wear my hat and I swear I brushed it. I swear. I always do.
I'm the new kid. It sucks, I mean who should be subjected to being the new kid the final year of high school? Move from friends and old classmates and now I get to graduate with strangers. Yippee…Cue eye roll. All because my father remarried. In Vegas. At least he already knew her. I'm still reconciling that with my grandparent's Catholicism influence. Really?! Vegas?!
Now I'm in Wisconsin of all forsaken states with a step sister who has to be near crazy instead of Iowa with my friend Ben like we had thought. Instead of visiting my mom, I get phone calls. Not even worthwhile phone calls anymore. I hate this place…I really do. The only upside is that there is a baseball team. Is it too much to hope that spring will be better than the fall? Especially if they keep thinking I'm swearing at them. The teachers, I mean. I am….but really I've found lots of people around here think the simplest word of Russian muttered in any sort of annoyed tone may as well be a curse. Go figure.
But if I hate my school, I've come to hate my father more. I wish he and Mom had stayed together. Like they were supposed to. I don't want a stepsister and I sure as hell don't want a stepmother. I want to be back in Iowa. As if I wasn't thinking about enough, my father has started talking about me taking over the family business. He wants me to take over the family business. I want to cook, have a restaurant or a bakery. Anything but selling farm tools…
When I graduate I'm getting out of here. I'm changing my name and I'm not coming back. Something has to change. It might as well be me.