Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ryo & Suzuki's 5th Grade Adventure ❯ What Am I Looking For? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is my original story. The characters, storyline, ect. belong to me.

Warnings: Smart-talking, wise-cracking, bad-acting 11-year-olds. Bad language, inappropriate gestures and/or suggestions.



What Am I Looking For?

I’m waiting for Suzuki to come over. She is coming to my house right after she buys cookies. She really didn’t have to but she insisted, saying that she’s like my mom. If she was like my mom, she wouldn’t be buying these damn cookies.

“Here I am!” she called when she reached my fence.

“Sugar cookies?” I questioned.

“Yes, if you’re craving sugar, then it’s best to start closest to the source!” she explained. Either way, I ate those cookies quick enough (but of course I shared with “my mom”).


I started dribbling the basketball that was sitting in the grass. We really can only play basketball when my dad’s car isn’t in the driveway because all there is is grass in the backyard.

I had shot the ball and it rolled back to me but then popped and air started to escape.

“Suzuki, cover the hole ‘til I get back with some tape!” I ordered. She ran over and stuck her finger in the small hole while I got every kind of tape and glue we had. First I used super glue, then white school glue. Next I taped clear tape over the gluey hole, then packing tape and last duck tape.

“Do you think that’s enough?” Suzuki replied sarcastically.

The ball wouldn’t even dribble, since it already lost too much air and was covered with tape. The glue was running everywhere anyway.

“I’m gonna shoot it, right into the garbage!” I said. “But anyway, I still have another one in the shed.”

She exclaimed,” I’ll get it!” before I could even object.

I was sitting on the porch, watching her go get the ball. Then I noticed something, she has a really nice ass. Yeah I said that when we were five but she and I didn’t think I really meant that besides, I was five. She is really cute but she’s my best friend and I don’t think I should be thinking that about my best friend. But I’d never tell her she has a nice ass and don’t plan to ( I probably only noticed because she always has on a short skirt in any degree of weather. It’s my fault for just noticing because she’s been trying to broadcast that to the world since she was young.)

“God damn high shelves,” I heard her say. She was standing on her tip toes and still couldn’t reach the top shelf with the ball on it.

“Hey, I’ll help you,” I said.

“Give me a boost, I want to grab it or you’ll crush my self-confidence,” she said. She always brings up this self-confidence shit whenever she’s too short to do anything. But grab her around the waist and boost her? This is a new one.

I shouldn’t have said this, but I replied,” Whatever you say.” I was about to grab her.

“Aha!” Oh fuck. It was Rintaru thinking things that shouldn’t be thought by him because they’re retarded theories. “You were about to grab her ass weren’t you? See? I knew you couldn’t not be dating.”

“Couldn’t not be wha?” Suzuki said, confused.

I was annoyed and embarrassed and frankly didn’t want that basketball anymore (even if I did get to grab her ass.) “What are you looking for?” I insisted.

“You. It’s time for dinner so Ms. New Booty has to go home. Buh-bye,” he said waving to Suzuki. She walked off home while I was going inside with Rintaru.

“I hate you, you know that?” I said.

“I’m gonna tell mom you’re making advances towards girls before dinner,” he said in a sing-songy voice. I wanted to punch him.

Actually, I’ve always wanted to punch him, since the day he took up all the room inside the womb. And the day I figured out he didn’t have a taste for girls (which I mean literally because he drank formula and I was breast fed. Lucky me.) And the day he scared off all my friends with his gayness (actually that was today at lunch. I was starting to have guy friends but he just had to go say we’re twins.) Point-blank, I have always wanted to punch him.

*Looking*

While I was laying on my top bunk (and Rintaru on the bottom) I asked him ,”What are you looking for?”

“What do you mean? I’m just laying here,” he replied.

“No I mean what kind of gir- I mean uh, boy are you looking for? What type of person do you hope to find as your soul-mate?” I asked again, more clearly.

“Soul-mates, I haven’t really thought about. A boy-friend I would like is someone athletic, handsome, and not a super genius, but smart enough to know 2 + 2, know what I mean? But enough about me, how about you?”

I thought a second. “Maybe a really pretty girl -”

“- With a big ass,” he interrupted.

Anyway,” I continued. “Real pretty, sense of style, has a mind of her own, and down-to-earth not someone who doesn’t see the world for what it is.,” I described.

“Sounds like Suzuki to me,” he remarked.

This is why we don’t get along. He always has some fucking smart comment to say about me.


Well, I guess I’ll never find what I’m looking for until I decide what I’m looking for. But I know I’m never going to date Suzuki, because she’s my best friend and if she was a guy, I wouldn’t date her. So that’s my promise and I’m sticking to it.

Even if she does have a cute ass.

To Be Continued...