Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ryo & Suzuki's 5th Grade Adventure ❯ Where Is My Man? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is my original story. The characters, storyline, ect. belong to me.

Warnings: Smart-talking, wise-cracking, bad-acting 11-year-olds. Bad language, inappropriate gestures and/or suggestions.



Where Is My Man?

After I have been wasting my time worrying about Ryo, I haven’t realized how pathetic I’ve become. I have never had a boyfriend before and he probably has (not that Ryo’s surprisingly short relationship with Suzke counted as anything.)

On the other hand, my birthday is about a month away and I’m going to be eleven! Yippee! I am going to get so many presents!

On the other, other hand, this leaves me with only one month to get a boyfriend for my birthday. I have to act fast!

I really don’t like any of these boys, so it’s a lost cause. I would ask Ryo’s brother but he’s gay so… never mind that. Maybe Ryo will have to be my escort, but not my date because I can’t find anyone else. God, this sucks.

*The Escort*

“Ryo?” I said one day after school. He was playing basketball and it was almost 40 degrees outside. I hugged my coat closer to me and said again,” Ryo? Will you be my escort for my birthday?”

“Mmmhmm,” he replied.

I knew he wasn’t listening, so I ran over and took the basketball from him.

“Hey!” he exclaimed.

“You’re a real bitch, you know that? I was asking you as a friend to be my escort for my birthday. I don’t have a boyfriend so I need you to come with me when I go out to eat on my birthday,” I explained, to make myself clear.

“No,” he said snatching the ball back and dribbling again.

I unzipped my coat, then I unbuttoned the buttons from my polo shirt and made the cutest face I possibly could. That always gets him to pay attention to me. I asked again in a real adorable voice,” Can you please be my escort on my birthday? Please?”

“Oh alright Suzuki. Now will you please leave me alone?” he replied.

“What is your problem? You have had some sort of issue lately, like whenever you talk to me your trying to get me to go away,” I argued.

“I have a ‘problem’ because you don’t know when to fuck off when I’m playing basketball!” he yelled at me.

“That is not what I’m talking about!” I yelled back. I’m normally not like this, and I had to clench my teeth to stop myself from crying. I am getting pissed off, and to the point where I want to use every ounce of energy I have to make his life a living hell.

Apparently he had enough long before I did and threw the basketball at the fence and stomped inside his house. Well, I guess I know when I’m not wanted.

*The Note*

The Toshiba brothers were not themselves at school. Ryo always looked angry, and Rintaru was quieter than he was before by a long shot. That boy was so stubborn, he wouldn’t let me ask what was wrong, and I could tell something was indeed wrong. It’s going to end up like those movies where the person keeps their feelings bottled up and one day they just go off. They let everything out, screaming and crying because of this horrible secret or something. Sort of like when someone really has to pee and they know it, but they just cannot hold it no matter how much deep breathing and potty-dancing they do. And it ends up a big mess.

Worst of all, I don’t know why he wouldn’t tell me, of all people. Maybe Rintaru will know.

“Rintaru, what’s the matter with Ryo?” I asked.

“He didn’t tell you? Our parents are getting a divorce, and dad is leaving. Ryo really liked dad, so he’s real upset. He’s mad at mom for making dad move, and he said he wished everyone would leave him alone,” Rintaru explained. “I’d advise you’d leave him alone. But don’t take it personally, he hates everyone.”

I really didn’t know how to reply. I didn’t want to make Ryo hate me more, but if I left him alone he’d just be really sad. Then, it hit me. I should leave him a note on his desk so I wouldn’t be neglecting him, but also wouldn’t be risking our friendship.

After lunch, he would find this note on his desk:

Dearest Ryo-Chi,
I really don’t like seeing you feel bad so come over to my house and we can watch a movie like old times.

Now hopefully, everything will be all better again. I did a bit of hoping as I walked home (Ryo usually would let me ride on his bike with him). I popped popcorn and set up the DVD player in my room so everything would be perfect. If he does come, I hope he brings the old Ryo back with him.

When the doorbell rang, I went quickly to the door in my socks, almost slipping.

“Hi Ryo,” I greeted him, almost too cheery.

“Hey,” he said. He sounded better, but still sad. “ I got that note you left on my desk, obviously. So I left my book bag at home and came right over.”

“Good! I uh, hope you’re good with DVD players because I don’t know how to set it up,” I admitted.

Then he actually started to laugh! “Oh Suzuki, you know you’re no good with electronic stuff. I’ll take care of it and you can get the popcorn.”

I let out a heavy sigh of relief. He’s cured, and he doesn’t know how much that means to me that he feels okay.

Where is my man? I don’t know. But Ryo has me, and I always have Ryo. (I’m a poet…)

To Be Continued...