Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ryo & Suzuki's 5th Grade Adventure ❯ Would You Like To Meet My Family? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is my original story. The characters, storyline, ect. belong to me.

Warnings: Smart-talking, wise-cracking, bad-acting 11-year-olds. Bad language, inappropriate gestures and/or suggestions.



Would You Like To Meet My Family?

It really sucked to have to spend my winter break with my brother and sister, but since me and Ryo weren’t talking, I really had no choice.

Fuu and Suzke were both gone in awesome places for the break and even though we could afford to go someplace too, mom and dad wanted to stay home this year. I didn’t even know why until this afternoon when a car pulled in our driveway that wasn’t familiar to me.

“Mooom! Who the hell are those people in our driveway? Are they using it as a turn-around?” I yelled to my mom in the kitchen.

“No, not at all Suzu! It’s your aunt and your uncle and your cousins from London!” she explained quickly as she put on her coat and rushed to their aid. “Come on Suzu, let’s go help your cousins in! They are staying until break’s over so we’ve gotta be nice!”

“I don’t have to be nice to them! I don’t like them and I don’t like them here!” I argued. Before she could even do anything about it, I ran upstairs to my room and locked my door, safe in the confines of my white and pink walls.

I watched them all suffer to bring in their heavy luggage and crap, and as much as I love my mother and would be more than happy to help her, I can’t do anything nice for them. My dad was at work, so even he couldn’t help them.

First of all, my cousins are Brits, and they have those damned accents that make you wanna drill right through your head. Secondly, they’re stuck up because their dad (my dad’s brother) has a teensy bit more money than mine. Thirdly, the mother is cheery… too frickin’ cheery. And fourthly, they say bloody too much.

“Ka-ren!” my 13 year-old cousin Bridgett called as she was beating the (bloody) hell out of my door. I hated her the most out of my three cousins because she has long blonde hair, green eyes, and that makes guys like her more than me. Plus she’s the ring leader.

“Open the bloody door Karen! Me and Bridgett have to bring our stuff in your room because your mum said so!” Abigail, the 10 year-old red head whined shortly after. I hate her second because she’s whiney and she likes to tattle to get people in trouble like a five year old.

Then, there’s the last one, the boy Benjamin. He’s 8 like Mizuki. He doesn’t talk too much, but he spends all the day setting annoying traps and pranks and the adults think that shit is cute when someone gets pranked.

I heard some clicking noses, then the door opened. Bridgett was holding a hair clip in her hand, looking all smug and shit.

“Your lock must be cheap. It’s way easier to pick than the ones at home on our doors,” Bridgett remarked.

“Aww!” Abigail was on my bed looking at Princess. “Is she a baby rat?”

“No, my princess is not a fucking rat! And I advise you to get away from her before she scratches your eyes out, she has been known to do that,” I replied. I wish Ryo were here, he would back me up for sure.

And as if Bridgett were reading my mind, she said, “Is my Ryo home this afternoon?”

“He is not your Ryo, Bridgett,” I snapped.

“Why don’t we go to Ryo’s house, Abby?” Bridgett asked Abigail, completely ignoring me. I know that now that she has the idea, and since she’s been to Ryo’s house the last time she was hear and knows where it is, she’s gonna go over there. And even though me and Ryo are in a fight, I cannot allow Bridgett to go there alone.

“Can I come?” Ben asked.

“No! You stay here, you’re gonna get in my way runt,” Bridgett ordered.

When we got there, Ryo was definitely not on my side. Bridgett was mature now, she even carried a purse. And also, when they were here three years ago, Ryo was 7 and wasn’t interested in any girls. Now… interested isn’t the word for it. He is a pre-teen, a horny carnivorous pre-teen, and my cuteness cannot shine above that… that… that teen‘s sexiness. And Abby sadly crushes on Rin-chan… well sad for her, not me. She doesn’t quite understand the term homosexual, apparently.

“Did you miss me, love?” Bridgett asked, getting real close to him almost like she was going to kiss him. This, people, is why I can’t leave her alone with Ryo-kun.

I put my hand in front of his face and pushed him to the ground. “Ryo-kun! You hardly know the lady! Don’t you know how to behave?”

“I do!… My hormones don’t though,” he responded. Then I kicked him while he was down, right where it hurt most.

“Oh poor love!” Bridgett cried and got down on her knees next to the injured (injured, my ass) Ryo. “I don’t even know why you bother with such a jealous girl who only abuses you, love.”

“I’ll abuse you too if you don’t get your hands off Ryo!” I threatened her.

She gave me this look like I was crazy, but she took her hands off him.

“Suzuki!” Ryo groaned. “Why’d you have to kick me? …God! That hurt…”

“You shouldn’t give into temptation like that, I had to bring you back to reality for a sec,” I lectured him.

“I’ll never be able to have kids!” he whined. What a drama queen.

*Rumble Tumble*

My cousins eventually bored of Ryo and went back to the house. That gave me and Ryo a chance to make up. I didn’t want it to be so forced, but anything to be staying away from that crazy house.

Me and Ryo were sitting on the back steps. The driveway was shoveled (probably by him, considering he’s the only man in the house) so he was going to play basketball. That boy can play basketball in any season, any fucking temperature.

“Hey Ryo,” I said to him. “I’m not gonna beat around the bush with you. Why is it that you were so upset about me kissing you on my birthday?” I hope he doesn’t panic because of this direct approach I was taking.

He got up, went into the shed and got his basketball, then started dribbling around the driveway. “Because… I liked it.”

“But… that doesn’t make any sense. You were upset because you liked it?”

“Yeah, kind of. You’re my best friend and who knows what may happen to us because of you kissing me. What if we date or something, but break up? Our normal friendship could never be the same.”

“That’s a stupid thing to worry about Ryo-kun,” I half-laughed. Then I got up and started walking over to him.

“Suzuki? Suzuki, what are you-” he stuttered. Then he dropped the basketball and started running and I chased after him. Then I pushed Ryo and he landed in the snow and I felt on top of him. Kind of awkward if someone found us like this.

“Why would you be worrying to yourself all this time about the future if we can’t just enjoy the now? If there’s no now, how will there ever be a future?” I asked him. I sounded unusually deep today, philosophical even (ooh, big word.)

“Yeah, you’re right,” he agreed. Of course I’m right.

I noticed he was breathing all heavy, and there was this silent awkward moment. It’s moments like this that I appreciate the fact that no one on our street is ever outside. Ever. That’s kind of creepy, however.

“Ryo, you’re getting kind of turned on by this aren’t you?”

He couldn’t even reply, but he was blushing like I don’t know what. Unluckily for him, I suppose, all the blood was rushing to his face and… somewhere else. Turned ON! Because it’s just common knowledge that guys are more easily turn on-able than girls are. Boners, never have and never will be, your friends boys. But then again, we have periods so we’re even.

“If you’re gonna do something about it, then do it already,” he breathed.

Was that an invitation? Out here, in the snow? This seems like such a romantical moment that I am ready to burst! Yay!

“Whoa ho ho, what’s going on out here?” I heard a familiar smart-assed comment.

“Rintaru…” we both mumbled at the same time. Foiled, again!

“Is this… a snow rumble-tumble? In the snow?!” he laughed.

“Nice… conveniently show up when I don’t need you like you always do,” Ryo complained.

“What is a rumble-tum -,” I started to ask, until Ryo cut me off.

“Don’t ask- it’s probably something weird.”

“Oh yeah, I just came out here to tell you that we’re about to go to the dentist so Ms. New Booty has to go home. Again,” Rin told Ryo, then went back inside.

“Can I go with you Ryo, pleease? I wouldn’t mind getting a few teeth pulled out opposed to going home with my cousins the Brits,” I whined in a very cute way Ryo likes.

“Sorry Suzy, I guess I’ll see you later,” he apologized. He did seem truly disappointed too.

“Yeah, I’ll see you,” I sighed.

Then, he moved the hair from in front of my face and kissed me, voluntarily! Suddenly, the winter doesn’t feel very cold anymore. Going home to my cousins isn’t bothering me so much anymore, and Rin doesn’t seem like such an ass anymore. Is this love, perhaps? Or it is just lust like 90% of love is? …I’ll take either.

*Suzuki Vs. Bridgett*

“So, you were on top of Ryo, in the snow?” Bridgett repeated back to me slowly, like she couldn’t believe me!

“Yes, but then Rin-chan came outside and saw us, saying that Ryo-kun had to go to the dentist, so they had to leave. But when Rin went back inside, Ryo-kun kissed me!” I exclaimed.

“I don’t believe it!” Abby gasped. “But, Bridgett has kissed a guy before too, so there!”

And, on top of that, we made out too, on the couch, when his mum wasn’t home. It could’ve went further, but I’m no skank I told him. Have you and Ryo even made out before? I think not,” Bridgett bragged.

Skank? I think so.

“If Ryo didn’t have to leave at that exact moment, it would’ve lead to that. And that’s why Ryo told me to come over to his house, at night while his mom is at work,” I got back at her. Okay, so I was lying. I’ve pulled off stuff before.

“This night? Tonight?” Bridgett questioned.

“Obviously,”

“Well okay then,” she laughed, “We’ll just see then.”

“Yeah, you’ll see alright.”

To Be Continued...