Romance Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Castle ❯ And It Continues ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Quick! Run!"  She ushered the other students to the trapdoor. She had arrived only two years before, and so hadn't expected this terrible chaos. Even the teachers were panicking. "I can't see what they find so terrifying," she mumbled. "It isn't like they take a lot of blood... Even in what I have read about them. And even if they did take a lot they probably wouldn't kill us." Not that it would matter... She stopped herself there. This is no time to think about THAT, she scolded herself.
Alexandria Torres was 15 years old. She had boyishly short hair framing her face that bounced against her head as she ran, and piercing green eyes. She had two gold clips in her hair, one on each side of her face. Aly had been tall when she was younger, but now was short compared to her peers at only five foot four.
Aly glanced at the timepiece and gasped. Only three minutes until the Arrival! She ran through the rooms,making sure everyone was out. She was making good time, but as Aly reached the end of the hall, a young girl dashed out. "What the..." She stopped herself, afraid her language would shock the girl. "What are you doing?! They will be here any minute!" The girl stood,trembling. Aly looked her over; she noted with satisfaction that she was shorter, only five foot two. The girl had long blonde hair and blue eyes, of course, with the perfect baby face. Aly recognizedher; she was from class B, a year younger. "You are, um... Brittney, right? Come on. We need to leave.
Brittney started, breaking out of her state of shock. Her eyes went wide and she paled. "We need to leave! We have to go! We...!" She sprinted for the trapdoor, screaming the entire way. "We... We need to GO!"
Aly began to chase after her.
In her panic, Brittney stumbled as she reached the door, tumbling and knocking into it. It's rusted hinged squealedand creaked as it slowly began to close, and began to speed up. Brittney held her ankle and watched as their only change of escape closed, going back into place. She collapsed, trying to hide her tears by covering her eyes and hugging her knees. "No... No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,“ shechanted.
Aly caught up, her heart racing and gasping, breathless. "Oh, just getup and help me move this thing! Come on!" Aly tugged at her arm. "Get up! You can do this!" When she got no response, she continued. "We can do this, together!"
Brittney looked up, her face wet and stained. "No. No, we can't. It takes ten people to get it to start opening. Five teachers,and five seniors. We could never do it, not even with an adrenalinerush..." Brittney buried her face in her knees, sobbing hysterically again."Please, no... please, no... please, no!
Oh, get over it, dammnit. "...Then come with me." Brittney tried to stand but couldn't move her legs. "Oh!For…Here, I will carry you." She grimaced in pain as she kneltdown, trying not to aggravateher back. Aly managed to pick her up and went into the nearest dorm room. "Stay in this wardrobe until I come to get you, or until you hear familiar voices." In case they get me. If I die... Oh, well. "Be sure it is really the other students and teachers. Now," she said as she closed the door and looked around, "they will be here any second. I guess I should- No, needto distract them." She picked up a heeled shoe lying on the floor.
Aly entered another room a few doors down. "The crash would just scare her. It is bad enough as it is." She slammed the shoe into the mirror, shattering it. Aly grabbed one of the larger shards. "The only way Ican think of to distract them is with the scent of blood." So long. It's been so long since I've done this. I don'tthink I need to die. But, I want... need to bleed. This is my only option, right? There'sno help for it, right?
***Author's Note***
Well, sorry this chapter is so late in coming! I've had a lot to do, really! But I will be sure to update both of my fictions at least biweekly. Please review! I think that this is a bit too fast paced, but there was really nothing I could think of to fix that. Any suggestions are welcome!