Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ THIS DAY IS HELL ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 2- THIS DAY IS HELL
As soon as the porcelains were sold, many got interested for its beauty and antiquity. One was sent to Egypt while the other was in China. By July 1997, which was the date of the transfer of sovereignty of Hong Kong from United Kingdom to the People's Republic of China, the porcelain was sent to Hong Kong. A couple got interested and bought it for 30k HKD [HONGKONG DOLLAR].
The couple believed that the porcelain would add fortune to their newly built institution that provides all of secondary education. The institution was named Mayfield High. The porcelain did give luck to the school. By the year 2004, it already had 2,000 enrollees. And after 5 years, the school was declared as one of the prestigious institutions not only in the Philippines but in the whole Asia.
Inside the porcelain, Aikaterina was still hopeful that she'll get out of the porcelain one day and she'll be finally in the arms of her parents.
JAMES' POV
*phone rings*
“Hello mom?” James lazily asked.
“Please honey. Just for now. Go fetch Devon in her school. She said that she'll wait for you in the school's main gate.” My mom pleaded.
“Mom, even if you'll give the biggest allowance you can give, I will still not date Devon no matter what.”
“Then, why don't I do the opposite thing?” my mom sarcastically replied.
“What do you mean?” I confusingly asked.
“Blocking your credit cards.”
“Ugh. Fine. I'll fetch her. What time do I go there?”
“2pm. She said they will be dismissed early because the grandson of the Director of the school will be celebrating his birthday. You better go there fast. It's almost 2.”
“Yeah right.”
Hell! Is she that important that mom would block my credit cards just to fetch her from her school? She's no important girl to me. She's just the fucking daughter of my mom's business friend. Ugh! This day is Hell!!!!
NARRATOR'S POV
*MAYFIELD HIGH - DIRECTOR'S OFFICE*
“Is my grandson coming?” the director asked.
“He'll be here soon sir.” The secretary replied.
The grandson of the director was turning 3-years old today. It means, whatever he finds and sees something he likes, he'll probably touch it.
*KNOCK**KNOCK*
“Your grandson is here sir.” The guy said.
“My little Jack, come hear dear.” The director said as he opened his arms for him.
“GRANDPA!!!” Little Jack then hugged his grandfather.
“Happy Birthday! Where do you want us to go?” The director cheerfully said.
“Jabee! Jabee! (JOLLIBEE)” Little Jack quickly answered.
“Ms. Florence (her secretary), please watch out for Jack, I'll just get something from the basement.” He said to his secretary.
Yes sir.” She answered.
“Jack, stay here for awhile with ATE okay? I'll just get something. When I'll be back, we'll go directly to JABEE okay?”
“Okay grandpa.” He replied with a big smile.
After the director left, Jack just stared at her secretary. He got bored so he looked at the eye-catching collections of his grandpa. But, one thing stood out among all of them----the porcelain. He got curious of what's inside it. And so, he decided to open it. After he had just opened the porcelain…
“Jack! Let's go. Ms. Florence, please lock my office.” His grandpa said. Little Jack, who was very excited in going to Jollibee, just left the porcelain open. As soon as Jack got outside, the secretary then locked the door.
After that, a purple smoke came out of the porcelain. The purple smoke formed a human figure…it was a girl. She has a curly long black hair, wearing a plain white dress with nothing on her feet. She checked the place and found out that she wasn't in the same room before.
“Father?” she called.
“Mother?”
“Where are you?”
She opened the door and walked outside.
AIKATERINA'S POV
Ahh, at last, someone already opened the porcelain where I was in the longest period of time.
Wait…this isn't the room in the tower. Where am I and where are they? Where are my parents?
“Father?” I called.
“Mother?”
“Where are you?”
What am I doing? Of course they're not here. This isn't the tower!! But, what is this place? Where am I?
I should find out.
I opened the door and walked out of the room. The place was pretty big. When I went downstairs, there was a plentiful of people. They don't look like the followers of my father, nor do they look sorcerers at all. But everyone was looking at me. I should ask someone about this place. Maybe someone knows where the kingdom of my father is.
“Uhmm, excuse me.” I approached.
“Yes?” the girl replied.
“Where am I?” I asked.
“You're in Mayfield High. Why, are you new here? It's almost end of the school year but they still accept new enrollees? How weird.” The girl replied.
“uh, uhm, what is a Mayfield High?”
“HAHAHA. Are you nuts? It's a school.”
“Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know that. Can you tell me directions to get to the kingdom of my father? King Pyradon?” I asked again.
“You're getting weirder.” The girl gave me a look.
“I'm sorry. I just want to go home.”
If you want to go home, find a cab. But I'm sure taxi drivers don't even know what you're talking about.” She then walks out.
“Wait. Where can I find a…cab.” I think she did not hear it. (sigh)
How will I get home?? I don't know where I am!
DEVON'S POV
It was already dismissal. After Tita Aprilyn texted me that James is going to fetch me today, my stressful day became really stress-free. I excitedly went to the school gate and waited for him.
Suddenly, a girl in white sat just inches away from me. She was barefooted and was crying silently. Is she an idiot?
Ugh! Why is he still not coming? Where are you James?
“Hey Devon, did you made that girl cry?” a classmate of mine asked.
“What? I don't even know her!” I defensively replied and rolled my eyes.
OH GOSH! If people think I did something evil to this girl right next me, just because she's crying, I better go now. It's so shameful.
JAMES, YOU ARE SO DEAD.
JAMES' POV
I arrived at Mayfield High just 2 minutes late. Wait…is that Devon crying??
She cried because I'm 2 minutes late? What the hell?
I got out of my car after I parked it just in front the school. I hurriedly went to her.
“You are way too over reacting. I was just 2 minutes late then you cry just because of that? Would you get up and get into my car before someone thinks something else about us?!” I told her.
“Huh? You know me? Are you a follower of my father?” she stood and tearfully asked.
“What? What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Tsk.” Instead of waiting for her answer, I grabbed her hand and we got in my car.
“Thank you sir. You're going to take me home right? You're probably a taxi driver because you know directions.” She weakly said but a smile was formed on her face.
I didn't hear what she said; I was already listening to my iPod at that time.
UGH! THIS DAY IS HELL.
END OF CHAPTER 2