Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ NAMES ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 4 - NAMES
AIKATERINA'S POV
As soon as we went inside his huge house, I went directly to a mysterious thing above a wooden table. It's a thin rectangular thing. Is it just for display? I wanted to ask him what this weird thing is.
But, he wasn't already around. I think he went upstairs. Is he really that scared of me? Wow, I never knew a rude person like him would be scared.
Since I had nothing to do, I just sat down on a wide fluffy chair and played with a small ball of blue gas.
But…I got bored and so I decided to close my eyes for awhile.
[7 PM]
AIKATERINA'S POV
I smelled an unfamiliar smell that made me open my eyes. I realized that I have fallen asleep.
What is that smell? It smells like food. Maybe he already cooked dinner.
I cleared my throat.
He turned around. “So, you're already awake. If you're waiting for the food, sit and wait.” He said.
I sat and waited for the food. A few moments after, he served the dish. It's a dish full of soup with vegetables and meat.
“What is this dish?” I asked.
“Sinigang.” He replied and sat across me.
“Si—what?”
Just like what he did before, he leaned towards me with a strong look and started to utter the word,
“SI-NI-GANG. Got it?”
“SI-NI-GANG?” I sheepishly asked. He then nodded and sat back.
We had a silent dinner. I don't care. I was enjoying the meal. The dish was really delicious. After we ate, he guided me to my room.
“This will be your room.” He said and left.
The room isn't bad. It's great, actually. It is close to nature. Its walls are just made of glass so I can see everything outside. At the edge of the room, there lies another room. When I opened the door, I saw a huge mirror and other weird things. I only recognized the mirror. I tried to press something. It surprisingly gave out water.
This must be the wash room. As soon as I already know how it functions, I used it to clean my feet. I was barefooted since I was being released from the porcelain.
After that, I sat at the very soft bed and stared blankly at the glass wall.
“Oh! I can see stars here!” I softly said.
*FLASHBACK*
“Aikaterina. Did you see all those stars above?” my father said.
“Yes, father. Ahh, there are so many. I can't count them all. Wow, they really look beautiful when they twinkle.” I replied.
“If you are sad, you can ask help from the stars. Just look at them and tell them your problems. After that, you will feel better.” He father smiled.
“Really? Wow, they must be really amazing.” I said.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
I miss my father. I miss my parents. Tears began to flow into my face. Suddenly, I heard someone opening the door.
JAMES' POV
I was in my room checking my Facebook. [sigh] I still can't believe that she's a sorceress. Why am I so unlucky today? Ugh!!
James, just calmed down ok? It'll be fine. She will leave soon. She… wait, I never knew her name. I should ask. I decided to go to her room.
Maybe she is already asleep. I should not disturb her. But suddenly, I heard a silent sob. Was it she? I opened the door to check on her. After I opened the door, I saw her looking at my direction. Her eyes were wet. It was definitely her. Why was she crying?
“Do you need something?” she weakly asked as she wiped her tears away.
“Uh-Uhmm. I just figured out earlier that we haven't introduced ourselves yet. Since we're living in the same house, we should know each other's name.” I said.
“Oh. I also forgot about that. I'm Aikaterina. How about you?” she answered.
Aika-what?
“Wow. It's pretty long. I don't want to utter long names. So, I'll just call you something else.”
“Ok.” I agreed.
`A' … a name which starts with `A'. hmmm. Apple? Anna? Andy? Ann? Right! Ann. The shortest name I know which starts with A.
“I'll just call you Ann.” I said.
Ann? Not bad. Well, how about you? What's your name?” she asked.
“James. Call me James. See you tomorrow.” I said and left her room.
ANN'S POV
I had a good night sleep, thanks to my very soft bed. After I woke up, I went directly to the dining table. Wow, James does wake up early. He is even cooking meal right now.
“GOOD MORNING!” I greeted.
He didn't respond. He then served the food. Two dishes was colored red. One is a long elongated one while the other is a long curly one. I only recognized one dish - eggs :)
“After you eat, prepare yourself. We're going shopping. I'll buy you some clothes.” James said.
Shopping? Oh well, I think it means buying clothes.
“After we go shopping, stay home. I'm gonna attend school. But while staying home you have some rules to follow.” James seriously said.
“Rules? Only a king can implement rules. Are you also a king?” I asked innocently.
He lightly chuckled. “Yeah, I'm the king in this house. Why? Do you have a problem with it?” James said.
I shook my head.
“Good, then listen attentively. ONE: DON'T GO INSIDE MY ROOM WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. TWO: DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING IN THIS HOUSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THREE: DON'T MAKE A MESS IN MY HOUSE, AND FOUR: DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW. UNDERSTAND?”
I frowned but nodded.
After we ate, we went directly to a particular place. It's cold in there. How does that happen? Then, we arrived to a part of the building that has so many clothes. All of them look so beautiful.
“Now, pick and choose.” James said.
I timidly looked at the clothes. Ahhh!!! I badly want them all!!!
After a few moments of choosing, I picked 10 of them. I gave them to James and said that I chose those 10.
“Why are all these dresses? Don't you wear shirts and jeans?” he asked.
“Huh?”
“[sigh] never mind.” He replied.
We then went to a counter where people line up.
“Why are we lining up?” I whispered to James.
“There are no things nowadays that are free. We should pay for them.”
“What do you use to pay for them?” I asked.
“Money.” He answered.
“Money?”
“It's a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment.”
“Oh.”
“Then, where do you get money?” I asked.
“From a job or work.”
“Work? So you have a work?”
“Nope.”
“Then why do you have lots of money? Where did you get all of them?”
“My parents supply me. It's a basic need especially that I'm living separately from them.” He said.
“You still have your parents? Wow, you're so lucky. You know where your parents are.”
I suddenly missed my parents. He didn't respond. After we paid the dresses, we had a silent ride. When we got home, he told me to stay home and follow the rules he said before. When he left, I washed my whole body and wore one of the dresses we bought. I brushed my hair and stared blankly at my mirror. Where does James attend school?? I should find out…I should visit him.
END OF CHAPTER 4