Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ JANITRESS ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 7 - JANITRESS
JAMES' POV
After I took a bath and got dressed, I got the mood to play my guitar. It's been a couple of weeks since I last played it.
I missed playing it…it's my best friend. I played two songs until someone knocked and opened my door.
“Good Morning.” She greeted.
“Mornin'. Are you okay now?” I asked.
“Yeah.” She timidly replied.
Her facial expression started to form confusion.
“What is that?” she pointed my guitar.
“A guitar.” I answered.
“A guitar?” she asked again.
“Yeah. It's an instrument you can play that produces sound which is good to hear. It can produce music.” I said.
She nodded. “Can you play it?”
“uh- sure.” I said.
I started playing. [What song did James play? HEAR THIS -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quUWedTZQNI ]
As I play, I was also singing. I stopped singing when I saw Ann's hands forming lightning volts again. Maybe she remembered Obama again while I was singing.
“HAHAHAHAHA” I laughed.
“Maybe you remember him when I sang this. Right? Right?” I asked.
“Uh, uhm. Right. I remembered him.” She blushed though she seems confident that he really remembered him.
“Uh—James, can I go to school too?” she changed the topic. Why would she want to go to school? I don't even want to attend school myself. School sucks!!!
“Promise, I will really try my best to be good in school. I will try hard to please everyone.” She said.
“How about the fees? Who will pay them?” I asked.
She looked at me with puppy eyes as if she's asking me to pay them for her.
“I can't afford to pay them. I don't even have a job! And besides, in school, there are a lot of mean people. There are a lot of bullies. You can't use your powers because you might be found out that you're a sorceress. And if you will be bullied, don't expect me to help you because I never will. We're not even friends.” I said.
She frowned.
“Why do you want to go to school? It's not even your purpose in staying here. You said you'll find your parents but you take no actions. Are you being dishonest that you'll find you're parents??” I said.
She didn't respond. But she replied after a few seconds.
“Can you help me in finding my parents?” she asked.
“Why should I?”
She gave no answer. I expected her to use her super powers and scare me again. But, she just walked out of my room. She wasn't angry though. I can feel it.
ANN'S POV
“Uh—James, can I go to school too?” I asked. I hope I get a good reply.
He didn't reply.
“Promise, I will really try my best to be good in school. I will try hard to please everyone.” I assured him.
“How about the fees? Who will pay them?” he asked.
I pleaded him to pay it for me by showing my puppy-dog eyes.
“I can't afford to pay them. I don't even have a job! And besides, in school, there are a lot of mean people. There are a lot of bullies. You can't use your powers to protect yourself from them because you might be found out that you're a sorceress. And if you will be bullied, don't expect me to help you because I never will. We're not even friends.” he said.
I frowned after hearing the last line. We're not friends? All this time I treated him like my friend but for him we're not? So what are we to him? Just mere strangers?
“Why do you want to go to school? It's not even your purpose in staying here. You said you'll find your parents but you take no actions. Are you being dishonest that you'll find you're parents??” he said.
He's right. It's not my purpose in staying her. I should take actions in finding my parents especially that I'm living in a stranger's house, not a friend's house. But where do I start? I don't even know the places here. Maybe I should ask help from him.
“Can you help me in finding my parents?” I asked.
“Why should I?” he replied.
Yeah right, we're not friends so why would he help me? I should find them by myself alone. I walked out of his room and started the searching. Where should I start???
I walked by the sidewalk. It's early in the morning. There are still few people walking through the streets. Where can I find them??? I just closed my eyes to concentrate on searching.
*clears throat*
Upon hearing someone clearing his/her throat, I opened my eyes.
“Miss, are you okay?” she asked.
“Yes.” I sheepishly said.
“What are you doing?” she asked. Should I tell her that I am looking for my parents? Should I tell her that I'm the daughter of King Pyradon? She might say I'm weird like the others. But wait, I should ask her at least about my father, she might know.
“Do you know about King Pyradon?” I asked.
“King Pyradon? Yes. I know him. He was the son of Pelope, the first existing sorcerer.” She said.
Did I hear it right? She knows my father?
“How did you know?” I asked.
“Because I have a book about that.” She replied.
Wow, humans made a book about sorcerers? Great! It's my chance to know where my father's kingdom is and I can finally be back in their arms. Yey! I'm so lucky today!!!
“Do you know where the kingdom of King Pyradon resides?” I asked.
“The book says it's in South America, particularly EL SALVADOR.” She answered.
“El Salvador?” I asked. She nodded.
“How can I get there?” I asked.
“You can ride a plane.” She said.
“A plane? Where do I see planes?” I asked again. She laughed.
“In airports of course.” She answered.
“Is it free?” I asked.
“NO! Of course not! You need to buy plane tickets. It may cost, maybe… around Php 12 000” she said.
Tsk. I need money. Yes, James. I'll just ask money from James.
“Thank you very much. I need to go now. Bye” I said.
She waved at me and smiled.
I ran back to the house and went directly to James. I was panting, still catching my breath from the long run.
“James, can I ask money? I badly need it right now. I already know where our kingdom is but I need to ride a plane and buy plane tickets to get there. Please?” I asked.
“What? Can't you teleport or something?” he asked.
“I don't know how to do that.”
“I will never give you money. Money is very precious to me, why should I give it to you?” he said.
I frowned. I remembered that we're not friends so why would he lend me money? :(
What will I do now? Hmm.. Where can I get money???
AH! Yes! A work, a job. I need a job! But where will I find a job??? If I will serve James, I'm sure he won't let me. Then, I should serve others. But where? Yes! A place where there are a lot of people, where service is greatly needed. But what place has a lot of people? Hmmm..
Think, Ann, Think!!
Right! A School! But I don't know any school except for Mayfield High and James' School. If I would choose Mayfield, I don't know where it is, so I'll just go for James' school.
Upon arriving the school, I asked directly where I can offer my service.
“Excuse me, where can I apply for a work here in this school?” I asked.
“Thank God we have one last applicant. We badly need a janitress. This year, we only have 5 janitors and janitresses in this school. Most of the past employees resigned because they said they can find a lot of job opportunities outside the country. But wait, you're too young for a janitress.” She said
“No! It's really okay. I badly need money right now so I'll really give my best in my work. But, what does a janitress do?” I asked.
“Aww. You're too innocent for this job. Are you sure it's okay with you?” she asked.
“Yes. Really.”
“Well, your job is just to sweep and mop the new building hallway during class hours.” She said.
“Thank you so much. How much will you pay me?” I asked.
“Php 1,500 weekly.” She said. It's not that bad.
“When will I start?” I asked.
“You can start today. But, wait. You need to wear a janitress uniform.” she said.
“Uniform???” I asked.
“C'mon. I'll show you.” She grabbed my hand and I took me to place where there are a lot of clothes. She picked a set of clothes and gave it to me.
“Those will be your uniform. Wear it now. There's a dressing room there. Then you can get a pail and a mop in the ladies' comfort room then you can start mopping the new building hallway.” she said as she pushed me to the dressing room.
After I change my clothes, she accompanied me to the ladies' comfort room and to the hallway. Then, I started to do my work. It was hard to do my work especially that people are glaring at me every time. It was a long day. It was tiring. James is right. Money is precious; you can't just earn it right away. Speaking about James, I haven't seen him today in his school, where could he be? But why should I care? We're not even friends >:(
I got home late. It was already dark.
As I opened the front door, I saw James staring at me worriedly.
JAMES' POV
I didn't attend school today. I just don't feel like it. I stayed home for the whole day while Ann was off searching for her parents. What a boring day! So I just had a DVD marathon. Before I knew it, it was already 7pm. Ann's still not here. Where could she be? Maybe she already found her parents and decided not to come back here. But, what if, something bad happened to her? Tsk. Maybe she'll be here soon.
(10 mins later)
Where is she? Should I look for her?
I was about to open the front door, when someone opened it.
It was Ann.
“Where have you been?” I asked.
“Uh, uhmmm. Looking for my parents. That's what I needed to do right?” she said.
“Of course that's what you are supposed to do.” I said.
“Why? Are you worried about me?” she asked innocently.
“OF COURSE NOT!!!!” I said. Blood was already all over my face.
NARRATOR'S POV
James already attended school the next day while Ann was doing her work without saying anything about it to James.
James was bored listening to his history teacher so he just stared outside their room, probably daydreaming. He was still confused why he was feeling weird around Ann which is not supposed to be. Just then, she saw a familiar figure, mopping on the hallway.
*It can't be..* he thought.
Without hesitation, he went outside without the teacher's permission.
“Why are you here?” James asked.
*James* Ann thought.
“I applied being janitress here in your school. Why? Is there something wrong with it? Of course it's none of your business if I'll work here. It's my way of earning money since you won't lend me any.” Ann replied.
“Quit. Now!” James demanded.
“Why should I? Am I your servant to follow you? You're not even my friend!” Ann said.
He didn't know what to do. The last line twitched his heart.
James pulled the mop off Ann's hand and grabbed her thighs. He was carrying her while she was telling him to put him down. [JAMES CARRIED ANN LIKE THIS : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=166805576665348& set=t.54257048909 ]
James ignored her.
END OF CHAPTER 7