Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ EL SALVADOR ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 8 - EL SALVADOR
ANN'S POV
“Put me down! Jamesss!” I said. Ugh! I'm tired of repeating the same sentence again and again. Where is he taking me?
After a few moments, his grip loosens. Finally…
“What was that for? I told you it's none of you're busine----
“Get in the car.” He cut me off.
“But—
“I'll talk this matter to our principal tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll explain. Starting this moment, you will quit being a janitress.” He calmly said as he opened the car's entryway.
“What?” I asked.
“This is so unfair. I don't get to decide on my own. How can find my parents if I'll not take action right?” I asked.
“Get in.” he calmly said. Ugh! I gave in. I got in his car and sat frowning. How will I ever find them??
*in the car*
“Why do you need to ride a plane to get to your kingdom? Where is your kingdom?” he suddenly asked.
Hmpf! As if he cares.
“Why should I tell you? We're not even friends.” I sarcastically said.
He didn't respond. I quit. >.<
“It's in El Salvador.” I said.
“South America, right?” he calmly asked.
I nodded. After that, he said nothing. That was all. I don't get it. Why was he asking me about it?
When we arrived at his house, I quickly went to my room to change. I'm not comfortable wearing this uniform x(
*knock**knock**knock*
“Come in” I said.
James went inside with a huge object.
“What is that?” I asked.
“This will be your luggage. Tomorrow, we will be supplying the things required for you to ride a plane. I will buy our plane tickets may be the next day. Our flight to El Salvador will be next week. You may start packing your clothes since we'll stay there for a few days. You will put your clothes inside this luggage. Do you have anything more to ask?” he said.
O.O
“AHHH!” I hugged him so tight.
“Thank you!!!!! Thank you James!!!!!!” I said.
He just stood there, stunned. He wasn't hugging me back. Yet, I was still thankful that he finally helped with this, even though we're not really friends :)
*AIRPORT*
“Wow!!! Is this the thing called airport? It's so big!!!” I said. I was eyeing every thing I saw inside that enormous place. James was at my side, still checking our plane tickets.
“Let's go.” He said. We then went to a place where airplanes take off.
“Is this the thing called airplane? Wow!!!! It looks like a bird but it's 10 million times bigger than a bird.” I said. I heard James chuckle.
I went inside and took a seat.
“Wow. This thing is so amazing. Human beings are really advanced nowadays.” I said to myself.
I watched at the window as soon as the plane took off. I giggled and clapped my hands at how amazing it is. I wonder why James is so silent.
Suddenly, I felt something warm on my shoulder. I looked at my side and saw James sleeping on my shoulder.
*thud**thud**thud*
No way… not now. Lightning volts again! I quickly pushed James to the other side. Stupid me, why should I fall in love with a stranger? HMPF!
Fortunately, the lightning volts faded as soon as I pushed him to the other side.
Whew! That was close.
*EL SALVADOR*
When we arrived at the place, it seems advanced too. Where could our kingdom be?
“Ann, let's rest first. We'll be searching for it tomorrow. I'm too sleepy.” He said.
WE??? He's going to accompany me in searching? Well, it's not that bad since we're just pretending not to be friends.
“Where are we going to sleep?” I asked.
“In a hotel.” He said.
Hotel? He then grabbed my hand and we rode a car to get to the so-called `hotel'. It's still enormous, like the airport.
It has a lot of rooms.
“We'll have separate rooms but my room will just be beside your room so if you need anything or there's something wrong, just knock me in my room, ok?” James said as he yawned, obviously sleepy.
“ok.” I replied.
I went to my room and smiled at how big it is. I landed on the enormous bed, still soft but softer than my bed in James' house. AH!!! I'm sure I'll have a good night sleep. (sigh) tomorrow, I'll be back in my parents arms. I'll probably miss James, I wonder if he'll miss me too.
JAMES' POV
I dressed up into an ordinary shirt. I went to Ann's room and found her already wide awake, brushing her hair.
“Hey”. I called.
She checked her face in the mirror then went to me.
“Let's go?” she asked.
“Let's eat first.” I said. She nodded.
We ate in a restaurant.
While we were in the restaurant, we already started to ask questions about the kingdom of King Pyradon. Fortunately, everyone knows about it. They said it's just blocks away. They also said that there's a tour guide who can answer our question anything about it and its entrance fee costs 10 DOLLARS. Ann felt sad when she found out that going inside their own kingdom wasn't free at all.
Upon approaching the place, there were already a lot of people so I stayed close to Ann. One of us might lose track.
I paid our entrance fee and we went inside. Ann said it was really the place, it was really their kingdom. She wasn't lying after all. Everything she said was true.
Upon entering the said place, crowds are beginning to form. I held her hand. She looked at her hand then looked at me. I understand what she was trying to say.
“We might lose track with each other, it's better to hold each other's hands so we can avoid getting lost.” I explained.
Hell! Electricity is running all over my body again. Ugh! I hate this feeling. I tried to tolerate it and just listen to the tour guide.
“King Pyradon was the son of the first existing sorcerer, Pelope. He had a daughter named Aikaterina. He was very kind to humans. They were living peacefully together with our ancestors; however, a war broke and destroyed all their kind.” The tour guide explained.
What? A war broke? I looked at Ann. She's holding back her tears.
“Do we need to go back to the hotel?” I asked.
“No. Let's finish the tour.” She weakly replied.
“Moving on.” The tour guide said.
We went into a room in a tower together with the crowd. Ann's hands were sweating, still, I held her so we won't lose track.
“This was where the wife and daughter of the King hid during the war. This was where King Pyradon used all his strength to perform a certain technique to end the war…but it also means to kill all the sorcerers including himself. But it was believed that he hid his daughter and his wife in two different porcelains to keep them alive. So, the mother and the daughter still might be existing today or may have lived a long time ago and died of old age.” The tour guide once again explained.
“Wife? Mother also hid in a porcelain?” Ann silently asked.
“However, the two porcelains were sold and were imported in different countries. The other one was believed to be sent in Egypt while the other was in China. No one knew what happened to his wife and his daughter then.” The tour guide ended.
Upon going back to the hotel, Ann was still silent. She didn't say anything.
We had our dinner in the same restaurant. She ate less. I hope she'll move on soon.
I accompanied her to her room.
“Are you gonna be ok here alone?” I asked. She didn't respond. Suddenly, tears are beginning to flow on her face while she was staring blankly at the floor. I think I should hug her. NO! She might get mad and----
She suddenly hugged me so tight and she started sobbing. I hugged her back. She needs a hug. It would probably be sad if you are living in this wide world alone.
“It's gonna be ok.” I comforted her.
She hugged me even tighter. I should be less mean to her from this day onwards. It's shameful to hurt an innocent girl like her who's just asking help to find her parents. I'm sorry Ann.
There goes the electricity again… I guess I'll be tolerating this until she stops crying. (sigh)
END OF CHAPTER 8