Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ OFFICIALLY FRIENDS ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 9 - OFFICIALLY FRIENDS
JAMES' POV
“James, let's go back” she weakly said.
We directly went back to the Philippines. She was still sad. I could feel a bad atmosphere. If only I was born a sorcerer, I will surely heal her heart. But sadly, I'm not. What should I do for her?
It was a Saturday when I got an idea how to make her feel better. She was on her bed, facing blankly at the glass wall.
“Uhmm.. Ann?” I approached. She just looked at me with sad eyes.
“Can I borrow some of your time?” I asked.
She sighed and went to me.
“Why? Do you need anything?” she weakly asked.
“GO get dressed; I'll take you to an amusement park.” I said.
She said nothing. She went directly to her bathroom to change. She didn't even ask what an amusement park is… it is so not her.
“Ann, I'll just wait for you downstairs.” I said.
After a few moments, I saw her going down with a simple pink dress.
“So, let's go?” I said and grabbed her hand. On the way to the amusement park, she was still sad and silent.
*AMUSEMENT PARK*
I grabbed her hand while going inside the place. She started to eye on the rides. She'll probably love it here :)
“Ann, do you wanna ride a roller coaster?” I asked.
“A roller coaster?” she asked. Yes! It was the question I've been waiting for. Finally she asked questions about things she doesn't know.
“C'mon.” I said and held her hand.
*ROLLER COASTER*
This is going to be fun. It's a relief that she doesn't look that sad anymore.
As soon as the ride was about to move,
“What's happening?!?!…” Ann said, obviously scared. I smiled.
“Don't worry; it's going to be fun.” I assured her.
….
“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed. She was probably enjoying.
“Wow! That was amazing James!” she said. Finally… her voice become cheerful again and her lips formed a smile. Great job James! You're the man! :)
“Let's go ride another one.” She said as he pulled my hand.
“Don't you wanna eat something? We can eat while riding the Ferris wheel.” I said.
“ok.” She answered.
We went to buy some cotton candy. Her eyes were sparkling as she was eyeing those cotton candies.
“Aw.. they look delicious. I want to try it right away.” Ann said. I grinned. She was like a little girl excited to taste a cotton candy.
After we bought the cotton candies, we went to ride the Ferris wheel.
“Wow! It's so big!” Ann said while eating her cotton candy.
*INSIDE THE FERRIS WHEEL*
“Wow, you can see everything up here. It's amazing!” she said.
“I told you it's really fun here.” I said.
She smiled and looked back outside. (sigh) it's hard to sit here. This angle is so perfect which worsen the electricity running all over my body right now.
“James, what is this place called again?” she asked.
“A-MUSE-MENT-PARK.” I said.
“Amusement Park? Why not heaven? Isn't this the most perfect place?” she asked innocently.
Because heaven is where everything is perfect but only souls live there…
No! I should not tell her that, I'm sure she'll remember what happened to her parents again which would make her feel sad. I'll just tell it in another way.
“Amusement Park has an entrance fee, we need to pay for it so we can experience the fun while heaven is free. You don't need to pay to get inside.” I said. She just nodded.
The round already ended. She pulled me back to where we bought cotton candies. She said she wants to eat more.
“Let's just try another one.” I said.
“Why? Is it yummier than cotton cadies?” she asked.
“It's 10x yummier. If you'll taste it, you really feel like you're in heaven.” I assured her.
“Really? Well, let's try it then and after that, let's ride another ride okay?” she asked.
“Of course.” I said.
We went to buy some ice cream, my favorite. I'm so excited to finally taste chocolate ice cream again since last month. Wait… what about Ann? What flavor does she like? Hmmm… I'll just let her taste chocolate flavor anyway.
As the storeowner began to scoop the ice cream, she was eyeing it.
“Are you sure it's really yummy?” she whispered.
“Yup.” I grinned.
“Okay, here's your ice cream” the storeowner said.
She licked it sheepishly and…
“It tastes okay.” She said. Okay? Only okay? She licked it again twice.
“It tastes good.” She said. So her comments are progressing.
She licked again.
She giggled.
“It tastes really great. 10x better than cotton candies.” She finally said.
“Told ya” I answered.
Just then, a girl approached us with a guy.
“James, is that you?” she asked.
“How did you know my name? Do I know you?” I asked.
She laughed.
“Oh yeah right, you haven't seen me since birth but your mom keeps on sending pictures of you to me that's why I recognized you.” She said.
“SO? Who are you?” I asked.
“I'm Devon.” She said and offered her hand, wanting me to shake her hand.
“So, you're Devon? Hmpp!” I said.
NARRATOR'S POV
“Is she your girlfriend?” Devon replied.
Ann just blinked her eyes while Devon was staring at her.
“Aww. That ice cream looks so yummy. Can you give me some?” She said to Ann.
Ann, assuming that she badly want to have an ice cream, gave her ice cream to Devon.
Devon laughed silently while the guy beside her just smiled.
Suddenly, Devon crushed the ice cream into Ann's dress. She was dripping wet.
“Opps, sorry. I didn't mean it.” Devon pretentiously asked sorry.
James gave him a strong glare.
“Babe, I think she's gonna hurt me for messing up with her girlfriend's dress. I really didn't mean it.” Devon made a fake cry. The guy at her side started to somewhat `warm-up' like preparing for a fight. He was probably assuming that James would fight him but…
James raised the ice cream he was holding and crushed it to his own shirt. He faced Ann and said…
“See the ice cream all over my shirt? We're already the same now.” He said and gave Ann a ^^ look.
Ann smiled back. It was a `thank you' smile. Devon's jaw dropped when she saw what James just did for Ann. She walked out groaning while the guy just followed her.
“Why did you do that?” Ann asked.
“Ann, today, we're officially friends ^^” James replied.
Ann smiled and hugged James, without minding the ice cream to stick on her face.
“Thanks to you James, I had a great day.” Ann said.
He smiled and hugged back.
“C'mon, let's wash up before ants would start to bite us” James grabbed Ann's hands as they left the park.
END OF CHPATER 9