Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ MOVED ON ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 10 - MOVED ON
JAMES' POV
“Hello, mom?” I said
“Yes my dear, do you need something?” my mom replied.
“Our professor gave us a project and a DSLR camera is required. Can you buy me one?” I asked.
“When will you use it?” she asked.
“Next week.”
“Maybe I can't find time to buy it. uhhmm… well, I'll just send you enough money for it. Okay honey?” my mom said.
“Okay. Thanks mom. Love you. Bye.” I answered.
*FLASHBACK*
“You must have a nice photographic image to pass this project. You may choose anything or anyone that would be the center of your project. The deadliest deadline for this is next, next week. The best photograph will be displayed in the exhibits and will have plus points in the coming exams…” our professor explained.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
What will be the center of my project??? Hmm… A rose is already common. How about a candle? No! it's too simple. Hmmm….
*knock**knock*
“Can I come in?” she said.
“Sure” I said.
“Uhmm, I just want to ask permission in using this book. I think it looks interesting. Can I use it?” Ann asked.
She was asking permission to use the recipe book. Why would she have an interest in it? She might want to cook.
“Why? Do you have interest in cooking?” I asked.
“Of course! I love to cook. But I'll try to make these new dishes, especially this…CHO-CO-LATE -CAKE?!?” she said.
Damn! That's my favorite.
“Are you sure that you can do it? You might misinterpret some procedures, plus, you don't have ingredients for that, you still need to buy.” I said.
“Don't worry, I'm a sorceress, remember?” she winked.
Oh yeah, right! She's a sorceress after all.
“Okay fine, whatever.” I said.
“SO can I use the kitchen?” she asked.
“Yeah, go ahead.” I said.
“Yey!” she said as she enthusiastically went downstairs.
*phone rings*
“Hello, mom?” I asked.
“James, my dear, I changed my mind. I already asked somebody to buy your DSLR camera. It would be sent to you later so you can save time.” She said.
“Okay. Thanks mom.” I said.
I've never really used a DSLR camera, photography isn't really my thing, but I hope I'd do well on my project.
I went downstairs to wait for my camera to be sent. It came just a couple of minutes since mom called.
I went back to my room and started reading the directions. After almost half of an hour of understanding how to use it, I finally knew how to use its lenses and how I can make some adjustments to make a photo much attractive.
Now, all I have to do is to look for a thing that would be the `center' of my project.
I tried to focus my camera to an antique vase given to me by my aunt. I captured a picture of it.
Not bad…but it's still so simple.
I took a picture on every thing in my room that would make a good photograph…but none of them seems to be the one I've been looking for.
I went downstairs to find other things. I captured our pendulum clock, our chandelier,…
Tsk.
I am just wasting my time with these things. (sigh)
As I was looking at the pictures I captured, Ann caught my attention. She was wearing an apron while making a CHOCOLATE CAKE. She was wearing my sister's apron. In some aspects, she reminds me of Lauren.
*FLASHBACK*
“You must have a nice photographic image to pass this project. You may choose anything or ANYONE that would be the center of your project…
*END OF FLASHBACK*
I tried to focus my camera on her. It wouldn't be bad if I'll just try to take a picture of her.
*CAMERA FLASH*
I looked at the finished product. In the picture, she was holding a whisk, trying so hard to mix the chocolate cream. Her apron was full of chocolate, while some were on her face. She was tying her hair messily as her bangs lies just above her eyebrows, almost covering her eyes. The kitchen counter looked so messy with bowls all over. If it were a cooking show, it would surely be banned.
But, it was the best photograph I've taken.
“What are doing? And why are you smiling that widely?” Ann asked.
“Huh? Uhmm, uh.. I was just making my project. In fact, I think I got the best photograph ever.” I boasted.
“Really? Let me see.” She said.
“What?? no way!!!” I said.
“Why? I thought it's the best of all? Why wouldn't you let me see?” she frowned.
I ran to my room, afraid that she might see it and find out that I was taking a picture of her.
I smiled. Now I'm done with my project. Wohoo!! Well done James :D
I lied on my bed and took a nap for a while.
*4pm*
I woke up and realized it was already four in the afternoon. I went downstairs and found Ann slicing the already-baked chocolate cake.
O.O
I licked my lips, wanting those thick fudges. Ann saw me. She smiled.
“Want some?” she asked as she took a part of it using a fork and handed it to me. Because I was craving much of that cake, I let her feed me by herself. Man, her cake really tastes so good! After that, she accidentally let go off the fork as lightning volts were forming in her hands again. She panicked and ran to her room.
What was that?
I sat on the kitchen counter realizing what just happened.
It's very impossible that the lightning volts appeared because she was feeding me. She doesn't have special feeling for me at all. It was only OBAMA.
*FLASHBACK*
I heard someone knocked at my door. What does she want know?
“What do you want?” I asked.
I got no response. She was walking towards me. Is going to scare with her super powers like before? She stopped just inches away from me. Her soft hand touched my chest.
“What are you doing?” I asked again.
“My mother taught me this when I was young. This is one of my specialties.” She answered.
She began to close her eyes and her hand began to light up. Slowly, I felt better. Is she trying to heal my heart? But how did she know I'm broken-hearted? I stared at her eyes which were closed at that moment. She then opened her eyes.
Her eyes meet mine. She quickly removed her hand from my chest and left my room. What's wrong with her?
*END OF FLASHBACK*
*FLASHBACK*
SUDDENLY,
“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” I heard someone screaming. It was probably Ann. I quickly went to her room and found her hands full of tiny lightning volts.
“What's wrong?” I asked as I tried to touch her hand.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
The lightning volts appeared after our eyes met.
*FLASHBACK*
As I play, I was also singing. I stopped singing when I saw Ann's hands forming lightning volts again. Maybe she remembered Obama again while I was singing.
“HAHAHAHAHA” I laughed.
“Maybe you remember him when I sang this. Right? Right?” I asked.
“Uh, uhm. Right. I remembered him.” She blushed though she seems confident that he really remembered him.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
The lightning volts appeared again when I sang a song for her.
*FLASHBACK*
“Want some?” she asked as she took a part of it through a fork and handed it to me. Because I was craving much of that cake, I let her feed me by herself. After that, she accidentally let go off the fork as lightning volts were forming in her hands again. She panicked and ran to her room.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
It's impossible… it can't be…
To really prove my theory that ANN IS FALLING FOR ME, during dinner, I pretended to read the Time magazine, having the picture of Obama as the cover.
Nothing happened; I didn't see lightning volts forming in her hands.
I went to my room and locked my door. I smiled widely and just found myself jumping up and down on my bed, like having won a lottery.
ANN'S POV
It was early in the morning. James was off to his school. I still can't forget what happened yesterday but I think James just laughed at it and thought it was Obama again.
But one thing is bothering me…how can I thank James? After he accompanied me to El Salvador; after he comforted me when I knew what happened to my parents; after he crushed his ice cream on his shirt just for me…
*FLASHBACK*
“Is Tricia your friend?”
“Would you stop talking about her?” he seriously said and left his food. He went upstairs and slammed the door of his room.
There is really something between the two of them. I can feel that he is hurting. I should try to help him feel great again.
I decided to go to his room. I could feel a bad atmosphere. I knocked the door twice and opened the door. I found him standing and leaning against the glass wall with his arms crossed on his chest. He was staring blankly outside.
“What do you want?” he said.
Instead of answering his question, I walked towards him. He stood straight, obviously confused of what I am going to do. I stopped when he was already inches away. I touched his chest.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
Right! Tricia!!
I went to their school without letting James see me. I saw her, Tricia, reading a book under a tree. I approached her.
“Hey.” I said.
“Yeah hey.” She answered.
I just want to ask you one question….what are you to James?” I straight-forwardly asked.
I got no response.
“Whatever that is, I just wanted to say that he can't stop thinking about you and his heart aches every time he does.
I left her after that. I put aside my feelings for James and told myself to just be happy that I helped him.
NARRATOR'S POV
After Tricia heard what the girl whom she forgot the name said, her heart softened. She decided to look for him. Luckily, he was just seating on a bench, spacing.
“Hey” she approached.
James stood quickly.
“What do you want?” he asked.
Without saying any word, Tricia hugged him so tight and started to speak.
“I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me, let's start back again. I promise I won't abandon you again. I promise to always love you despite the challenges.” She said as her tears started flowing.
James hugged back.
“It's ok.” He calmly replied.
“I have already forgiven you.” He said.
She hugged him tighter.
“But I have already moved on. And it's not a lie. I hope we can still be good friends.” He said.
She started to sob.
He just hugged her and comforted her.
END OF CHAPTER 10