Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ BROWNOUT ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 11 - BROWNOUT
NARRATOR'S POV
“Wow! It's so amazing! Thank you for lending me this thing James.” Ann said.
He smiled, still thinking of what he just knew…that Ann was falling for her.
“I'm just letting you borrow that, so you won't get bored for the whole day.” He said as he packed up his things for school.
Ann was confused. *He's acting weird these days. Why would he care if I'll be bored for the whole day?* Ann thought.
She shook her head. *Maybe because we're officially friends* she thought.
“What is this thing called again?” she asked.
IPod.” James replied.
She nodded.
James was off to school. After every subject, he would glance at his watch, wanting it to strike at 3. He was so excited of going home and make plans in finally confessing her feelings to Ann. Ann would surely feel awkward. She's as innocent as a kid. That's why he needed to plan it carefully.
That was what he was thinking the whole day.
On the other hand, Ann was enjoying listening to James' iPod.
*the songs are so sweet* she thought.
James only downloads songs of Jack Johnson, Secondhand Serenade, A rocket to the Moon, Bruno Mars and others.
“Aww. That was the sweetest song I've heard from the list. I should try to memorize it.” She said.
“This is my favorite :)” she uttered.
*SCHOOL BELL RINGS*
*Finally* James thought. He quickly grabbed his keys and went to his car. He was really excited in going home. But as he was nearing to his car, someone was leaning on it, obviously waiting for him.
*Tricia* he thought.
“hey.” she called.
“Yeah, hey!” he called back.
“I felt so much better after yesterday. I hope you feel the same way too. I hope we can still be good friends.” Tricia said as she offered his hand to James.
“Of course.” He answered. They shook each others' hands.
“I'm also here to ask you to hang with me for awhile.” Tricia said.
James was hesitant in answering. *Perfect timing, Tricia!* he thought.
“Uh- sure.” He answered and opened the car for Tricia.
*IN THE CAR*
“So, where do you want to go?” he asked.
“Bessie's cake shop. Remember?” she asked.
“Oh yeah.” He answered.
“It's been a while since I rode this car. I miss it.” She said.
“I'm sure it misses you too.” James smiled.
“How about you? Did you miss me?” she asked.
James skipped a beat when he heard that.
“Uh—yeah.” He uneasily answered.
She smiled widely. She was still hoping that James was just lying yesterday, and that, she was assuming that he is still in love with her.
“We're here.” James said.
Tricia cheered. James went outside first as he opened the car for Tricia.
“Nothing changed you. You're still the old James.” Tricia said as she went outside the car.
As soon as they went and ordered for the cakes, Tricia began to speak.
“I miss it here… I can still remember when you ate a chocolate cake like a kid.” She smiled.
James just smirked. He wasn't in the mood to eat. He was glancing again and again at his watch.
“Are you in a hurry?” Tricia asked when she saw him glancing at his watch again and again.
He scratched his head. *Just say it James* he thought.
“Kinda!” he answered.
“I'm sorry. Can we just finish our cakes first before we leave?” she asked.
“Sure.”
Finally, after long hours of waiting, he successfully got home at 5. Ann was still listening to his iPod.
“Didn't you get tired of listening to the same songs again and again?” James asked.
Ann quickly stood when she heard him.
“It's because the songs are new to me.” she answered as she bowed her head.
*She's really cute. How will I ever find the perfect way to say it to her?* he thought.
James was about to go upstairs when…
*B R O W N O U T*
“Huh? What happened?” Ann asked.
“Tsk. Why now?” he whispered.
It was not so dark in the house since it was still 5 in the afternoon.
“What happened?” she asked.
“The electricity shut down.” He answered.
“Shut down?” she asked innocently.
*Lightning volts! Yes! The volts! It may help restore back the electricity* he thought.
He grabbed Ann outside.
“What are we doing here?” she asked.
“See this post?” he asked.
She nodded.
“You need to supply electricity on its wires. Don't worry, no one sees it here.” he said.
“Why do we have to do that?” she asked.
“So my house will have electricity again and it will not be dark inside anymore.” He sarcastically replied.
Ann breathed heavily. *How will I do it?* she asked herself.
“What's taking you so long?” he asked.
“I can't do it.” She said.
“Huh? Why not?”
“The lightning volts only appear when uh—uhmm, when I would see O- obama.” She answered uncomfortably.
James smiled. *This is my chance. JACKPOT!* he thought.
“Just position your hands. I know how to let those lightning volts appear.” He instructed.
“Huh?”
“Just do it!” he said.
Ann held the post with her both hands.
*What will he do now?* she thought.
James smiled. Ann just blinked her eyes.
Slowly, James neared his face to her. He pressed his soft lips into hers.
Ann widened her eyes as lightning volts were already forming on her hands.
END OF CHAPTER 11