Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ HONEYBUNCH ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 13- HONEYBUNCH
ANN'S POV
Girlfriend? What does he mean by that?
Girl…friend…. I think he means we should only stay as friends. I frowned. Why did I let him know my feelings if he only wants us to stay as friends?? Really stupid! I slapped my forehead.
*FLASHBACK*
He was nearing me. What is he going to do now?? He stopped just paces away from me and leaned towards my right ear.

“I'm gonna say this once so listen very carefully.” He calmly said.

“I…

Like you” 
*END OF FLASHBACK*
But, why did he tell me that he likes me if he only wants us to stay as friends? (sigh) maybe because of Tricia. Maybe he and Tricia we're back as a couple.
:(
I guess we can never be more than friends.
JAMES' POV
Ahhh, the wind smells so fresh today. I can feel that the sun is smiling at me.
I parked my car at the school's parking lot. Tricia was there, probably waiting for me.
Before, I felt like I'm in heaven when Tricia waits for me but now, I kinda feel annoyed.
“James.” She approached.
“I just wanna ask you if you could go with me this afternoon. I have decided that you will be the CENTER of my project. Remember? The project that prof. gave us?” she asked.
“Really? Wow, thanks but, I'm kinda busy this week.” I lied.
“Busy? Why?” she asked. She's really getting irritating.
“Do I have to answer that?” I answered sarcastically.
“Oh! Sorry.” She frowned.
“Then at least join me this lunch.” She said.
“Sure, fine. But I can't spend the whole lunchtime with you. I still have to study for my Science exam.”
“Ok. See you then. Bye.” She waved and walked away. (sigh) how will she ever realize that we're over?
During lunch, I joined Tricia. We had small chitchats and had our lunch. She said she wants to watch a movie with me, the new installment of the Twilight Saga. I told her that I was not a fan. But she really wants me to go. But I really don't want to. I want to spend quality time with my girlfriend :D
By that, she walked out upset because of my refusal.
Finally, free again. I ended the exam well and I have a feeling that I would pass it. As much as want to go home as early as possible, I still need to practice for the upcoming soccer championship. If I won't join the practice, coach would definitely tell my mom.
I got home late in the evening, obviously tired after the practice. Gladly, Ann already cooked dinner for us. The recipe book was really of great help ^^
As we ate our dinner, Ann still wasn't talking. Maybe she's still at shock after I said she's already my girlfriend :))
As soon as I finished eating,
“Go to my room after you eat.” I said and went directly to my room. I quickly took a shower and changed into an ordinary shirt and pants. My hair was still dripping wet. I went to the balcony to have some fresh cool air. Just then, someone knocked.
“Come in.” I stated.
She timidly opened the door and went near me.
“What is it?” she asked. Obviously, nervous.
“Sit beside me.” I commanded.
She hesitantly sat, but not really beside me, she was inches away. So, I went near her. But she would really keep on moving away, keeping a distance betwween us. Still, I went near. Suddenly,
“Don't” she panicked and covered her face. I chuckled.
“What's wrong with you? I was just trying to sit beside you.” I explained.
She slowly took off her hands from her face. She sat uncomfortably.
“What do you want? Why did you call me here?” she asked.
“Why, can't I call you? I just want to spend time with my girlfriend!” I said.
“Girlfriend?” she whispered.
Yeah right, she doesn't know what `girlfriend' means.
“Girlfriend? Well, it's a term used for an individual with whom one shares a romantic relationship.” I explained.
“It's synonymous to a lover or a temporary partner in life.” I added.
She looked away. She was obviously blushing.
“I-I am yo-ur girl-friend?” she asked.
“Yup!” I winked.
She gulped. I tried to look away so she won't feel conscious but in the corner of my eye, I saw her smile. I smiled as well.
She suddenly stood up and leaned against the railings of my balcony.
“Wow! The stars look so pretty.” She enthusiastically said. She was obviously overwhelmed after she heard what the word `girlfriend' means.
I stood and went next to her. “Stars are really pretty…like you.” She blushed again.
“Are those stars too?” she pointed. I grinned. “No, they're city lights.”
“Ci-ty lights?” she asked.
“Yup, city lights. They're lights coming from the city.” I explained.
“Aww. They look pretty too.” She adored. I stared at her for a long while. Her eyes were sparkling while watching those lights. The wind was blowing her hair playfully.
She suddenly sat, maybe tired of standing. I sat next to her.
I looked up to the stars. There was a moment of silence. As I looked at those twinkling stars, I remembered something.
“Ann, do you know that stars are very useful?” I asked.
I got no response. She was probably too shy to answer. I still kept my eyes on the stars.
“My father said that if you are sad, you can ask help from the stars. Just look at them and tell them your problems. After that, you will feel better.” I said.
I still got no response. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my shoulder. I then realized that Ann was leaning against it…she fell asleep. I smiled and carried her. Where should I place her? In my bed or on her bed?
Don't be desperate James! She'll be your wife soon :D wait for the right time for you two to sleep together in one bed! I scolded myself. So I went to her room and placed her gently into it. She's still pretty when she's sleeping. I smiled. I turned the lights off and slowly closed the door. Sweet dreams my Ann :)
……………………̷ 0;………………..
Thank God it's Friday. I'll arrange a date tomorrow for us two :) where will I take her? Hmm… yes, right! The meadow.
I cooked breakfast for us after I took a shower. She woke up earlier than any other morning. She went near me. I wonder what she's going to do know.
“I'm sorry.” She said.
Sorry? Why? I didn't reply and waited for her reason.
“I didn't mean to fall asleep last night. I heard you were telling me something but my eyelids were really heavy at that time and I can't help to fall asleep.” She said.
HAHAHA. She asked sorry for that? Oh well, she's an innocent sorceress after all. I didn't show any emotions. I pretended that I was offended. What is she going to do now?
ANN'S POV
As I woke up, I realized that I was already on my bed. No way!!! I must have slept when James was telling me something last night. He's probably mad at me now!!!
What am I gonna do?? >.<
I should say sorry. I really should.
I went quickly downstairs and saw him making breakfast. I approached.
“I'm sorry.” I said.
I got no response. He's mad at me now. T_T
“I didn't mean to fall asleep last night. I heard you were telling me something but my eyelids were really heavy at that time and I can't help to fall asleep.” I explained.
He ignored me and started to eat his food. He went off to school without even saying goodbye.
Stupid me! what am I going to do now????
I thought all day of how to make it up to him. Should I bake him a cake? No, he's probably full when he arrives from school.
Think, Ann, think!
HMMMM….
Right! The song on his iPod. My favorite song! I should sing it for him. Its words were probably the cutest. Ok, I'll just practice it so it would sound great and he'll finally forgive me. :)
JAMES' POV
I got home at 3. There was no practice today and luckily, there's no presence of Tricia. What a perfect Friday :D
I smiled when I remembered Ann. She was still worried that I was mad at her. HAHAHA.
I wonder what she is planning to do. As I opened the front door, Ann was waiting for me there, dressed on a pink dress. Her hair lies perfectly at her back.
“James, can I borrow some of your time?” she asked timidly.
“Do what you want.” I pretended to be mad. She looks cute in everyway. If I would really be mad at her, I'm sure I'll never stay mad at her for a long time. (sigh)
What is her plan now?
She cleared her throat.
You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum
Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie
You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop
Snoogums-Boogums, You're… the Apple of my Eye
And I love you so and I want you to know
That I'll always be right here
And I love to sing sweet songs to you
Because you are so dear.” She sang.
[TO HEAR THE TUNE OF THE SONG, CLICK THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNlTenyS2Fw ]
I smiled. That was the sweetest plan ever.
“Sorry James.” She said again and bowed her head.
I pulled her hand and hugged her tight.
“I was not mad at all. I was just curious of what you will do once I get mad. But you surprised me, really.” I said.
She hugged back.
“You sang it well. It was the cutest.” I said.
“Don't think I sang just for fun, I meant every word in that song.” She said.
“Of course. I know that, because I feel the same way too…Honeybunch :)” I smiled.
END OF CHAPTER 13