Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ SCHOOL NOTICE ( Chapter 29 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 29 - SCHOOL NOTICE
NARRATOR'S POV
“This question might sound silly for you but,” Pierro paused. He wasn't sure if Ann was really the long lost daughter that her step mom was talking about. But this question that he is going to ask Ann now would really reveal the truth.
“Are you a SORCERESS…Ann?” Pierro asked.
Ann's breathing suddenly stopped. Why would Pierro ask such question?
“Ann, are you okay?” he asked.
“I'm sorry. I'm just…did you just ask me that I am a sorceress?”
“Uh, I apologize. I shouldn't have asked you that. Silly me.” Pierro scratched his head.
“Mr. Vergara, yes, I am a sorceress.” Ann replied without blinking her eyes away from Pierro.
“Are you hearing what you are saying, Ann?”
“Believe it or not, I am.”
“As a matter of fact, I am the only daughter of King Pyradon and her wife, Diana, and they are the reason why I'm here.” Ann can't help to tell everything to Pierro.
“So, you are…Aikaterina?”
“Yes…I am.”
“Huh, I can't believe these are all happening right now. Mom would really be the happiest person when she finds out about this.” Pierro smiled in amazement.
“W-what do y-you mean-n?” Ann can hardly speak.
“My mom…she's the wife of King Pyradon, and…she's your mom.” Pierro uttered.
Tears escaped from Ann's eyes unknowingly as she gasps in surprise. Of course Pierro can't probably tell her a joke during this serious moment. But Pierro wasn't telling her a joke, he just revealed a simple fact.
“Thank you Pierro. You don't know how much all these mean for me.” Ann sobbed.
“Of course I do know how much all of these mean to you. I'm glad we finally found you. I and my mom were searching the whole world just to find you, leaving no stone unturned.” Pierro explained.
Pierro comforted Ann as she was sobbing. Not really a painful sob but somewhat, a joyful sob for finally able to find her mother. The two of them silently went inside the room where Ann's mom lies after she fainted. After finally keeping herself calm, Ann managed to ask Pierro to dial James' phone number so she can tell him the good news she just knew.
“Hello?” Ann stated, still sniffing after a slightly long sob.
“Hello?” the voice in the phone answered.
“James, is that you?” Ann asked.
“Ann?” James replied.
“Yes, it's me. So, how did it go? What happened?” James asked.
“You won't believe it. Pierro's step-mom… is my mom.” Ann enthusiastically answered.
“Really?” he paused. “That's great! I'm happy for you, Ann.” James joyfully uttered.
“So when will you be back here?”
“Maybe this Sunday, or maybe Saturday…I don't know. I still need to ask her.”
“That's okay. So are you two staying here in my house?” James added.
“Maybe we'll stay in Pierro's house there in the Philippines.”
“Really?” James' voice sounded a bit sad. “So, you won't be staying in my house anymore then?”
“You know James, I can still visit you, and we can still spend time with each other. And besides, we'll still be seeing each other in school, right?” Ann comforted James.
“Of course I know that, but it is still better that whenever I come home, you will always be there, waiting for me.”
“James, we shouldn't be greedy of ourselves. We should also spend quality time with our family. C'mon, cheer up. Of course you have Lauren in your house, which you said is your best friend, so why would you be that sad?”
“Well, you know Ann…I'll miss you.”
Ann blushed after hearing what James said.
“It wasn't a good joke, James.”
“You know I'm telling the truth, Ann.”
“Why would you miss me if we'll always be seeing each other in school, and I told you I'll visit you right?”
“I'm sorry. I'm just used to being with you each time of the day.”
“Don't be silly, James.”
“So, just call me as soon you have arrived here, okay, my honeybunch?”
“James, can you stop calling me that? It's really awkward, you know.”
“Alright, alright. Bye Ann, love you.”
“Uh…bye, James, I---I—bye.” Ann uneasily ended the call.
James was in his car, which was parked outside a five-star restaurant, chuckling after how Ann ended the call. He's already in the Philippines, dressed into a formal suit as what was asked for him to do. It was already evening; he was still waiting for her mom to finally call him and tell him what they were doing in such place.
Mrs. Reid came just minutes after Ann called. They both then went to the second floor of the building to meet the one who was the purpose of their going there.
“Good evening, Mrs. Seron, this is my son, James.” Mrs. Reid stated.
“Mom, what is this about? Why is Devon here?” James whispered to his mom.
“Just shut your mouth and do what I say, James.” She answered.
“Good evening, please do sit.” Mrs. Seron replied.
Mrs. Reid and James were sitting across Mrs. Seron and her daughter, Devon, in a medium-sized round table which is designed in a formal way.
“I hope you know why the two of you are here.” Mrs. Seron began.
“I have no idea.” James shortly said.
“You have no idea?” Mrs. Seron asked.
“I haven't got the chance to tell him about this, he just arrived from China.” Mrs. Reid explained.
“Oh. So James, why do you think you're here?” she asked.
“Business, obviously.” James straight-forwardly replied.
“Is that all you can say?”
“Ah, yeah. I guess.” He added.
“Okay, so let me tell you why you two are here. You and Devon will be wedded seven months from now.” She calmly informed.
“What?” James surprisingly asked. He can't believe what had come out from Mrs. Seron's mouth. Be married with Devon? It's gonna be a living hell for him. Devon displayed a wicked smile though she was surprisingly silent at that moment.
“Yes, you are going to be married to my daughter. I know it's your greatest dream to have Devon as your wife.” She added.
“My greatest dream?”
“Yes, your greatest dream. Well, that's what your mother told me. You need not to be awkward about it, I'm actually happy that you two already have a mutual bond.” She continued.
On the other hand, Ann's mom has already waked up.
“Aikaterina, I can't believe it's you my darling!” she exclaimed as she threw her arms around her daughter, crying. She was still on her bed, sitting up straight. Ann also can't help her self from crying.
“Aikaterina, I'm really sorry my dear, your father and I just did that to save the human beings. Please, please do understand what we are trying to do.” She explained.
“Mother, I already understand. I already knew about the war that broke and everything that happened that day.” Ann uttered.
“After finally released from the porcelain, I went to our kingdom to find out of why am I not in the same room, of course, that place was already inhabited by the humans. Luckily, someone had a good heart to accompany me there. He also sends me to a school and let me stay in his house.” Ann explained.
“Really? I'm glad humans are being so kind to you.” her mom smiled.
“And mother, he also gave me a nickname, you know, my real name is too long so he gave me a nickname, it's Ann.”
“So, you want me to call you Ann?” she asked calmly.
“Yes mother, I preferred to be called as Ann. I'm used to it.” She smiled.
“Okay then.”
“And mother, I also want you to meet him, when we'll be going back to the Philippines.” Ann added.
“Is it okay with you my dear Pierro if we will be staying in the Philippines?” Ann's mom asked.
“Of course mom, anything for you.” he smiled.
“By the way mom, how did you meet Mr. Vergara?” Ann asked.
“Please, just call me Pierro.” He blushed.
“Well, ANN, I met him in Egypt. I was released from my porcelain in the year 2005. I wasn't sure of where I'm going as the booming of technological innovations surprised me. Cars were all over the place and I don't even know how to cross the busy streets. Car vehicles were swiftly running on the roads and I wasn't mindful that if I would be hit with one of those, it would result into a severe damage.” She told Ann.
“On my perspective, I was in Egypt for an auction event. My dad has already passed away at that time but I don't have much time to mourn for his death. I need to continue our business so I can survive and maintain the quality of life I am used to live. Accidently, the car I'm riding hit my mom, and the speed of the car was so high that mother nearly broke her skull. Miraculously, she survived from the accident and hadn't suffered a memory loss, but mom's face got severely damaged and it needed to undergo a plastic surgery.” Pierro added.
“That's why my facial appearance isn't the same anymore.” Diana continued.
“But I still recognize your eyes mother, which is why you looked familiar to me when I first saw you, when you were breaking the porcelains.” Ann said. Her mother smiled.
“After the accident, I let her stay in my house in Germany. I thought she's just another gold-digger, but she wasn't. I saw my mom in her. From that day on, I treated her as my own mother. But when she revealed about the `sorceress' thing, it surprised me. It took me weeks to take in the truth about her personality. And when I have accepted what she really is, that's the time when we started to look for you.” Pierro uttered.
“We also went to El Salvador to know where the porcelain you are in was sent. We found out that it was sent here in China so I requested Pierro to transfer here in China so we can find you easily.” Diana continued.
Ann's tears appeared again.
“Thank you Pierro. You have completely played a big role in changing our lives.” Ann smiled.
It was already 12 midnight. James rented a club for the whole evening. He was the only one there. He already consumed 3 bottles of soju and he's completely wasted. Nonsense words are coming out of his mouth as tears ran to his face endlessly. He's holding his phone, browsing the pictures that have been captured when he was in China. But he wasn't looking at his photos but the pictures of a girl whose name he keeps repeating.
“Ann….”
He suddenly threw his phone furiously as he screamed at the top of his lungs. Poor James, what had happened to him?
“Why isn't James answering my calls?” Ann asked herself.
“Ann, c'mon, you'll gonna be late for school.” Pierro called, beeping the horns of his car repeatedly.
“Coming!”
She went downstairs hurriedly and gave her mom a quick hug. “Bye, mom”
“Take care, Ann.”
-----------------------------------------SCHOOL NOTICE-------------------------------------------
Devon Seron, the daughter of the owner of Seron's Corp. will be transferred here in Sun Valley High from Mayfield High. This is because to officially prepare her marriage with Sun Valley High's soccer captain, James Reid.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Ann thanked Pierro for sending her in her school. She waved goodbye after Pierro left.
“I wonder where James is.” Ann uttered.
She searched through the whole school though she wasn't sure why the school's bulletin board was crowded with students. Fortunately, he found James in the school's hallway. But he was with someone.
“Devon?” she asked herself.
Devon's hands were wrapped around James' left arm. Ann was puzzled. Why is Devon here? She thought that she was studying in Mayfield High. She smiled as James gaze finally meet hers. She was going to greet him when…
he completely ignored her and walked away, like he haven't seen her this morning.
“That's weird. What's wrong with James?” Ann said.
END OF CHAPTER 29-