Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ CAN’T SLEEP ( Chapter 30 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 30 - CAN'T SLEEP
ANN'S POV
“Ann, it's going to be okay. You'll forget him after awhile. You know Ann, he's not the only guy in the world; there are plenty of fishes in the sea. You'll get over him. I promise I'll help you to move on. James is just a plain jerk.” Tricia muttered.
Tricia was the first one who talked to me when I arrived in Sun Valley High. She was the one who told me about the school notice, the shocking school notice which is the reason why my heart is suffering in a `weird painful heart-break disorder' right now. This sucks. No matter how Tricia's words of comfort are so pleasing to hear, it can't relieve the pain I am feeling now. Tears are eager to come out again, and I hate it. I hate it when people see me cry. I don't want them to see the weak side of me. I keep on sighing heavy sighs, I can't help it. I can't manage myself to stand at the moment, which is why I am staying in my seat.
Tricia suddenly stood; there was aggression with the way she did that.
“T-Trici-a, wh-ere are-e y-you go-ing??” I weakly asked.
“I'm going to kill him.” She exclaimed. She then left, walking a mile a minute.
“Tricia, wait! Don't do it, please.” I begged, as I followed, keeping up with her pace.
But it was too late. We arrived at where James and Devon who were acting so sweet. It was weird, at some point; I don't want to meet James' stare. I can't afford to look at him right now because if I'll do, it would only worsen the pain in my heart.
“Hello Mr. James Reid. Do you remember Ann? The girl you dated before? Don't tell me you hit your head, suffered a memory loss and forgot about her? Huh, of course not! Silly me, it's so scripted if you'll pretend that happened, right? Well, for your own information, Ann, the girl you've dated before is my best friend and I don't want to see her get hurt just because of a jerk like you. So please excuse yourself to your future wife and explain everything to my best friend right here.” Tricia exclaimed. I can't believe Tricia was that brave.
“Hey you flirt. My James doesn't have to waste time just to explain everything to your `best friend'. I mean, c'mon, James will marry me, end of story.” Devon replied.
“Shut up you bitch or I'll really land a punch on your face so you'll look prettier and everyone will have a crush on you. How'd you like that? And oh, by the way, don't call me a flirt cause I have a name.” Tricia sarcastically remarked.
Devon surprisingly backed away as Tricia's terror eyes were on her.
While Tricia and Devon kept on exchanging foul words with each other, I suddenly felt James' eyes on me. I can't help to meet his gaze but I looked away after that. I can't dare to look into those eyes anymore. Why was he staring at me?
“Tricia, just stop it. Let's go.” I whispered to her. She ignored me. She kept on answering back Devon.
“Tricia, c'mon, let's leave.” I keep on whispering to her.
She surprisingly answered back with a voice loud enough for Devon and James to hear.
“Ann, I won't leave until James will talk to you. I don't care if these will all lead to the principal's office.” She uttered.
“Devon, I'll talk to her.” James suddenly spoke.
NO WAYY!
………………………&# 8230;.
Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. I am now in the rooftop. No one else was there with me but James. He was standing at my side, still silent. The silence kills me. No one bothered to initiate the conversation. Suddenly,
“What do you want me to tell you?” James suddenly spoke.
I feel like I'll cry right now. I can't dare to speak.
“Yes, I loved you, but one day I woke up and found out that I have no feelings for you anymore. But you were never really special to me and I don't care of how hurt you are right now cause that's none of my business anymore.” James uttered.
“Don't expect anything from me from now on.” He added as he left me there…broken.
Ann, please don't cry…please, please. Not now, I don't want to cry. But every word that came out of his mouth is like a pin nailed into my heart. Why would I not cry? Those words are pushing my tears to come out.
I didn't eat during lunch. Food is tasteless to me because of what I am feeling right now. I'm not used to this. Why does this pain can't vanish right away? Am I going to die? Oh no, this is worst than dying, somewhat synonymous to torture.
Time came by so fast that I could barely notice it running. Surprisingly for me, the pain is still there. James telling me painful words is still fresh in my mind. I am greatly affected of what had come out between us. Tricia's right, James is a jerk, he doesn't deserve me. Why have I ever fallen in love with him? Argh! Once I get home, I would surely apply my healing powers to my heart, so that when I wake up, I'll completely forget that I have been in love with James.
But this pain is just getting worst. One time, when I went to the library to read a certain book for my report in Chemistry, I can't concentrate in reading. Even a single word would not sink into my mind. This is really getting overboard now. This shouldn't happen; this must not affect my studies.
It was already late afternoon when I arrived home. It's great that my mother's presence lessen the pain a bit. My head is aching right now, I don't know why. I went directly to my room to sooth the pain. Good thing I'm a sorceress, I am capable of healing myself. Though my healing powers were effective in relieving the pain in my head, it did not work for the pain in my heart. I keep on healing my heart but still, the pain won't go away. It even worsens. I thought my powers could heal any kind of pain, but it doesn't. Wow, I never thought heart-break disorder can be so painful. If I'm not mistaken, this pain worsens every time I would apply my powers on it.
There is only one thing that may possibly be the reason why the pain won't vanish; it's because of…James.
His image keeps on flashing back into my mind, repeating the same words again and again.
FLASHBACK
“Yes, I loved you, but one day I woke up and found out that I have no feelings for you anymore. But you were never really special to me and I don't care of how hurt you are right now cause that's none of my business anymore.” James uttered.
END OF FLASHBACK
The last sentence keeps on repeating in my mind, which put back tears in my eyes.
`But you were never really special to me and I don't care of how hurt you are right now cause that's none of my business anymore.'
`YOU WERE NEVER REALLY SPECIAL TO ME…'
`YOU WERE NEVER REALLY SPECIAL TO ME…'
`YOU WERE NEVER REALLY SPECIAL TO ME…'
`YOU WERE NEVER REALLY SPECIAL TO ME…'
“Just stop, please stop.” I begged.
“Ann, are you okay, my darling?” my mom suddenly spoke, knocking at my door softly. It was locked. I sighed heavily, cleared my throat, and replied, “Uh, y-yes mother-r I'm a-alright.”
“Ann, it's already eight in the evening, come, let's have dinner.” She uttered.
I can't believe it's already eight. So I've been crying for the last four hours?
“Mother, I already ate dinner before I came home. I'll sleep now.” I managed to speak calmly though it's almost obvious that there's something wrong with my voice.
“Are you sure my dear?”
“Yes, mother.”
“If you'll get hungry, just tell me, okay?”
“Okay.”
I can't believe I just lied to my mom, it's so not me. What have you done to me James Reid? You are so unfair. You made me a different Ann. Argh! Why would these tears not stop from coming out of my eyes, it's making my visions blur.
It was already 1 AM and I'm still wide awake. One reason, of course, is this pain that I can't rid of, and the other reason is, my pillows are wet.
So this happens when you fall for the wrong person, the person you shouldn't fall in love with. Oh no! I still have class tomorrow, I might not have enough sleep just because of this freaking heartache. And the next thing I'll now, I'll be late for school. It's definitely going to happen tomorrow. Argh!
END OF CHAPTER 30-