Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ GOING HOME ( Chapter 31 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 31 - GOING HOME
ANN'S POV
“Seven forty-five?” I exclaimed. I knew it; I'm going to be late for school. Ugh!
I took a quick shower and went to change into my uniform. I brushed my hair fast and grabbed my bag.
“Ann, I thought you don't have class today. Pierro already left.” Mom stated.
“Pierro already left?”
“Yes. Come, eat your breakfast first.”
“Mother, I'm running out of time, I'll just skip breakfast today. I really need to go now.” I said as I hugged her quickly.
“Just take care of yourself, okay honey?”
“Yeah, mom.” I ran quickly out of the house. How will I get to school that quick? Well, maybe I'll just use my powers then. I'll just run like a sorceress to school.
But, unexpectedly, my legs felt so heavy that I can barely move a muscle to run. What have gone to me? Still, I forced myself to run so quick like lightning, but then, it turned out to be a disaster. I tripped and got my knees bruised. Why is this all happening to me? And the worst is, when I tried to heal my bruises, it didn't work. Is it because I cried all night and lost all of my energy for today? Tsk.
Luckily, a cab passed by me so I hurriedly went to ride on it.
“Mister, please hurry. I'm going to be late for school.” I told the cab driver.
The cab arrived at the school so swiftly. Good thing the cab driver exerted effort just for me to be in school on time. When the cab stopped just in front of the school's main entrance, I saw Tricia running towards it.
“Ann, quick, it's almost eight.” She urgently demanded.
“Wait, I'll still pay for the ride.” I told her.
I opened my bag to search for my wallet. Oh no, it's not here.
“Where on earth is my wallet?” I exclaimed.
“Here, I'll pay it for you.” Tricia handed me a paper bill.
“Trish, you don't have to.”
“Ann, we're going to be late.” She said as she directly gave the money to the driver.
“Keep the change, mister.”
She swiftly grabbed my hand as we hurriedly went to our room before the bell rings. Ouch, my wounds hurt but I didn't tell anything about it to Tricia.
JAMES' POV
I woke up late this morning; Why? What did I do last night? Well I was just blaming myself for letting myself hurt Ann so badly. Why the hell did I do that? She completely hates me now after what I said to her yesterday. (sigh)
Anyways, I am just enjoying for the moment. Devon is not attending school today, I should be happy about it. No one will be irritating me the whole day.
I sighed. I miss Ann, I miss her a lot. I don't want to see her get hurt. She's the most precious thing to me.
I haven't seen Lauren today, well, maybe she left early. I then went to the garage to get my car.
“What the hell? Where's my car?” I exclaimed.
Impatiently, I dialed Lauren on my phone.
“Where the hell is my car?”
“Sorry Baby James, just take a cab okay? I'm using it right now. Please don't get angry with me. Please, please, please.” Lauren pleaded.
“Ugh! Fine.” I ended the call.
NARRATOR'S POV
Today is the deadline of most of Ann's school works. She's actually cramming right now. She's going in and out of the school's library every now and then. James, on the other hand, is busy with another thing. No, not school works, but something else which he thinks more important than school works. He's checking on Ann every time.
It was already four in the afternoon, Ann went again inside the library, but she does not know that someone was stalking her.
James hides into the bookshelves and looks secretly on the tiny holes of it just to stare at `her Ann'. Ann didn't notice anything; she didn't notice that James is staring at her right at this moment; she was completely busy right now.
Just then, someone tapped James' shoulder.
“Director Williams?” James uttered.
(Director Williams is the school director of Sun Valley High.)
“James, mind if you'll have a conversation with me for awhile?” he asked.
“Uh, sure.” He uneasily replied.
They both went to the director's office. James was offered tea. The director then spoke,
“So James, are you exciting for the grandest wedding of the year?” Directors Williams asked.
James got speechless ad just displayed an awkward smile.
“Why, is there something wrong my son?”
“Well, it's just that, it came by too soon. I'm not really that ready, so is Devon.”
“You know James, marriage isn't a joke.”
“I know. But, we can't do anything about it.” James uttered.
“James, as long as you love the one you are marrying, you could survive this together.” He added.
“You know, when I was your age, I met someone in school. She's so beautiful. I asked her out right away. I thought she was the one, my destiny, my other half but things turned out to be the opposite thing. And after that, I met this simply irritating college classmate; she's not even that pretty. I hate her a lot and would always bully her even if we're already in college. But the impossible thing happened. Days passed and I just found myself falling for her. We've been a couple for almost a year but there are a lot of hinders in our relationship so we need to separate ways. It was painful, but it's for the good of all.” The director paused for awhile.
He noticed that James is really listening attentively and his glad about it. Then he continued,
“After almost ten years, I met her again, at the amusement park where we would always date. She's as great as when I first met her. She said she's single. I asked why. She answered that her heart was longing for someone. We got emotional and found myself asking her to marry me. The girl I'm talking about is Mrs. Williams, my wife.” He narrated. He paused again and noticed James' bowing his head.
“James, if it's meant to be, it will be.” The director smiled.
After the conversation, he walked slowly into the hallways alone, no more students; it's already five in the afternoon.
`IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE.' Those words were stuck in his head. He wished Mr. Williams was him and Ann was Mrs. Williams. He wished that after all these, she would marry Ann. He wished that he and Ann are meant to be.
He suddenly remembered about Ann. He hurriedly went to the library to check on her, but it was already closed. He sadly went out of the school and stood inches away from the school's main gate to wait for a cab for he wasn't able to bring his car today.
On the other hand, Ann was fixing her things in her locker. She's ready to go home. Her bruises are still painful as ever and she hates that she can't apply her healing powers on it. She walked slowly as she went out of the school. Every move she makes, those bruises will aggravate and there's nothing she can do about it. She doesn't want to call her mom and let Pierro fetch her. She doesn't want her mom to find out about her wounds.
Just then, when she was about to walk by the sidewalks, she saw someone she's avoiding the whole day. James' gaze met hers. She felt the pain again in her heart. But James' eyes wandered down to her body and saw her bruises. When she noticed it, she quickly covered it with the paper bag she's wearing.
She ignored her and walked pass him silently.
“What happened to you?” James suddenly asked.
She paused from her paces, but then she ignored his question and didn't turned back to face him. She continued to walk even though her bruises hurt big time.
“Aren't you going to get a cab with that situation?” he spoke again.
This time, she completely ignored James and didn't pause. But James can't control his self. He ran towards Ann and blocked her.
“What happened to you?” he asked. Both of them are anxious right now, having their faces just inches away.
“Why should I tell you?” Ann managed to speak with sarcasm. She was about to walk away when, James blocked her with his hand. Ann surrendered and spoke,
“I tripped and got my bruises, I won't ride a cab because I left my wallet at home. Happy now?” Ann displayed a fake smile and walked away. James got stunned of how Ann answered him. He knew it, Ann completely hates him now. Of course he can't allow Ann to go home in that situation so he decided to follow her, to make sure she'll be home safe.
Ann noticed James; he's following her. She stopped from her paces and turned to him.
“Are you following me?” Ann exclaimed.
“What? Uh, of course not.” James scratched his head.
Ann sighed and walked again. Ann, seeing her in that situation is really pitiful and James could not afford to see her like that. So he quit and went to her. He knelt in front of her and spoke,
“You're bruises will worsen if you'll continue walking. I'll just carry you on my back.” He spoke, sounding uneasy.
Ann was startled of what James did. As much as she wants to, she just walked away and pretended to ignore James.
“I don't need it.” She said. James sighed deeply. How will he convince her to just quit and ride on his back?
“Ann, don't think that I'm offering you a ride on my back because I'm still in love with you. I told you already, I don't have feelings for you anymore. Now if you won't ride on my back, I'll call Pierro to fetch you here.” James stated.
“Don't!” Ann exclaimed. “Alright, alright, I will ride on your back.” She quit.
James tried to hide his smile. Ann sighed as she wrapped her hands around James's shoulder. Both felt weird and that's because they're still in love with each other. James carefully held Ann's legs as he was afraid to aggravate her bruises. Both were silent; they were as if in their own world, only the two of them, not minding the busy streets and the vehicles running through the roads.
As James' mind wandered, he suddenly almost tripped. Ann, afraid that both of them would trip, she held on James tighter than ever.
Of course James didn't trip, but he felt electricity all over his body when he felt her held on him tighter. He's undeniably still in love with Ann and he misses their tight hugs and sweet kisses. Why the hell did he ever let her go?
END OF CHAPTER 31-