Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ IT’S A DEAL ( Chapter 32 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 32 - IT'S A DEAL
NARRATOR'S POV
“You may let me down now. I can manage to walk from here.” Ann uttered as they arrived in front of Pierro's house, where Ann lives. Slowly, James put Ann down.
“You can go now. Bye.” Ann added quickly without looking at James. James, on the other hand, was afraid to say goodbye to her. He missed her giving him goodbye kisses like she always does when they were still together. His lonely eyes are glued to her as she walks away from him. Suddenly, someone opened the front door.
“Ann.” She exclaimed. It was Diana, Ann's mom. She enthusiastically called Ann as she saw her. She hugged her tight and flickered her eyes to the guy just inches away from Ann.
“Oh, and who is this? Your friend from school?” she asked Ann.
“Yeah. Don't mind him mother. He's going home.” Ann uneasily said.
“Come on in.” she told James and gave her a sweet smile.
“Mother, I said he's going home now.” Ann said.
“Tsk3. Is that what I and your father taught you, Ann? Don't be rude to your guest.” She scolded her daughter.
“Mother, I'm not being rude. He really has important matters to attend to.” Ann explained.
“Uh—actually, I'm not busy this afternoon.” James smiled.
“Argh!” Ann exclaimed under her breath.
“Great! Come in then.” Diana smiled as she pulled James inside. Ann was left disappointed of how her mother treated the worst person she has ever met.
“Please sit, I'll get some beverage.” She said as she went to the kitchen. Ann was about to go up to her room when,
“Ann, stay there. Entertain your guest.” She said.
“Tsk.” Ann muttered. She surrendered and sat to the couch next to James. James hid a smirk. They ignored each other pretentiously. After a few moments, Diana appeared with a glass of orange juice. She sat across James and Ann and started the conversation.
“So, who are you again?” Diana asked.
“I'm James Reid.” James answered shortly.
“How old are you?”
“I'm seventeen.”
“So, you're a senior?”
“Yup.”
“That means you and Ann aren't classmates.”
“Yeah.”
“So how did you two meet and became friends?”
“Uhmm----”
“We met at the Math club since I joined and he also joined. We're not really friends; we're just, uh, club mates.” Ann interrupted the conversation.
“Oh well.” Diana answered shortly.
“You know James, you're really attractive.” She added. James smirked.
“Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.”
“So…do you like my daughter?”
James blushed.
“Mother, stop it. You're going overboard and besides, James will be getting married.” Ann exclaimed.
“Married? Oh, condolence.” She frowned.
“Argh, mother, the right word is `congratulations.'” Ann groaned. James can't help himself from laughing, though it was a decent laugh.
“Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just confused, you know since both words starts with `c'.” She joked.
Ann rolled her eyes. James loved how Ann's mom behaves. She actually thinks she's the best mom ever. She's funny and very approachable. He wished she will be his mother soon, well, at least just a mother-in-law :)
After a few laughs and giggles that Ann's mother would make while talking with James, the phone suddenly rang.
“Uhm, I'll just get the phone. Ann, don't leave James okay?”
“Yeah, sure.” Ann answered shortly.
Silence broke again between the two. Ann keeps on convincing herself to not feel anxious just sitting next by the guy who just broke her heart. After all, he doesn't matter to her anymore.
“Uh, thanks for not telling my mom…about us.” Ann suddenly spoke.
“No problem.” James replied.
“Aren't you gonna heal your bruises?” he coldly asked.
Ann stared at her knees, full of bruises though she's still covering it with her paper bag until now.
“It's none of your business. I know it doesn't matter to you so stop acting like you really care.” Ann remarked. Ann heard him sighing deeply. I know she wasn't supposed to say that but she has to. She must prove James that she's not affected anymore of what's happening between them and she wants to convince James that she can move on, on her own.
“I never thought you're that ill-mannered. I'm glad I made the right decision to break-up with you.” James uttered. Of course he didn't mean that. But, those words already escaped from his mouth, and Ann heard it clearly and gives back pain to her heart. James, on the other hand, was full of regrets of saying those words to his special beloved.
Ann faked a laugh. “Yeah, that's right, I'm ill-mannered. I'm glad that you've finally figured that out. I've been ill-mannered all my life and it's funny how you just realized it now.” Ann replied, still not breaking her gaze from her knees.
Ann is really in a terrible situation right now. She's stopping her tears to come out. And she forces herself to act and stay calm so that James would not notice.
She breathed deeply and slowly stood, still not looking at James.
“James Reid, from this day onwards, we should….we should live like were strangers. We should live like…like we haven't meet and known each other. We should remove the memories that we have actually shared love. We should…forget each other's …e—ex—existence.” Ann uneasily uttered those words, still forcing to stop even just a single tear to drop.
James' hands formed into a fist as he stared at the ground, mad of himself.
“So, is it a DEAL?” Ann asked, offering her hand to James. He hesitantly stood. He's confused whether to accept the deal or not, but…
“IT'S A DEAL.” He said as he shook her hand lightly. Blood formed to their cheeks as they held each other's hand again, though it might be the last time that they would hold each other's hand :(
END OF CHAPTER 32-