Romance Fan Fiction ❯ One moment ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 7
 
Daisuke opened his eyes and raised himself from the oversized bed. He tried to sleep for several hours, but all he gained was a terrible headache. It was still dark outside but he left the light off, walking in the darkness towards the kitchen, kicking some things in his path. He swallowed a pill with a glass of water. He felt weak; he couldn't even stand on his feet…so he leaned on the kitchen wall, sliding down until he touched the cold floor. He couldn't sleep all night; all he did was to think about Tohru…and his ironic smile that burned him on the inside…How could he act like that in front of the most well known model in the industry? How could he talk like that, a humble journalist to him, the great and almighty Daisuke Keichi ?! He didn't like to admit it but somehow he was afraid of the irony that he saw in his eyes and more to that, of what Tohru could do…and in the same time he was sure that the journalist was a reliable person, more reliable that most of his so called friends…and he really appreciated that. Plus, he was really handsome…tall, dark-haired, deep green eyes…
He decided that a shower will do very fine in relaxing him and maybe even make the headache disappear...
Hot droplets of water were caressing his body, as he was leaning on the wall beside him, trying to free his mind as much as possible…all he gained though, was the mere image of the same young man that he tried escaping from in the first place…he was in front of him, smiling…he reached out and grabbed him by the hand…
 
When he exited the shower cabin, the sun was enlightening the buildings around, making them gain a strange, yet marvelous glow. So, the day was perfect for a stroll to his favorite place: the park. Despite the fact that he usually was in the center of attention, he really loved that place, most of all because it was calm and a bit hidden to the world. He got dressed in a hurry end left the apartment. But on the way to his spot, he passed by a newspaper stand, so he took a glimpse at one of the newspapers aligned on the table on which, written with big black letters, a title was monopolizing all the space: “Miaka Keichi's collection: a big disaster?”
Daisuke grabbed the newspaper in a flash and started reading lustily the article.
 
“At first, I thought it was a costume presentation, designed for the circus members. But then I saw that the circus its self was presenting what was supposed to be an extravagant collection. Let's pass the part with the pathetic catering of the models, which seemed more like some kids at their first sketch in school; and let's talk about the so called material that has been used for this so called collection, that seemed more like a duster than a rare material used for night gowns & Co.…I mean, let's be serious, which Hollywood star would dress those `things'? I bet they won't buy them not even for their servants…” And it went on like this for several rows. Daisuke was boiling with his hand clutched on the fragile newspaper page, longing more than ever to wake up from this stupid dream he found himself in. He was so pissed on Tohru, because he made a mock out of his catering, but most of all because he made a mock out of his sister's hard work. He suddenly changed direction, heading for the agency.
 
“Tell me where he lives!” Daisuke practically yelled, hitting the desk with his fist.
“Daisuke, please…it…it's really nothing…”Miaka mumbled, looking frightened at her brother.
“Nothing? Hell nothing! Tell me where he lives! NOW!” he groaned, hitting the desk again…
The girl grabbed a little note on which she wrote Tohru's address and handed it to her brother, but didn't even had the time to say “Good bye” or “Take care” because he left like a hurricane out of her office.
 
“Oh my God…I'm so stupid sometimes!” The blonde woman cried out, leaning her head on the desk.
In the mean time, Daisuke was running on the streets, ignoring traffic or other pedestrians that he found in his path, trying to get as fast as possible to the journalist's house.
“Where the hell is that damn cavern!” he grinded his teeth looking on the small note his sister gave him earlier. He finally arrived at a tall white house, covered in ivy.
“OPEN UP YOU ASSHOLE!” he yelled, hitting the door like a total maniac.
Tohru opened the door, but in a fraction of a second an excruciating pain was spread from his cheek to the top of his head, returning every 1 second like an echo inside his head.
He had just received a punch in the face from Daisuke.