Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ A Galactic Battle ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"A Galactic Battle"
By Staria.
All standard discalimers apply. Ok this a cross over between Ronin Warriors and Outlaw Star, plus the addition of Staria. Gee she's just popping up everywhere now adays :)

Part 1

Sage was walking around down town, as snow lightly fell from the sky. He had been tired of being cooped up in the house with nothing to do and now found himself out side, with nothing to do. But that would all change as he took a step around the corner. A girl ran right into him, knocking them both to the ground. He stared at her in a daze as she panicedly looked behind her, dragged herself up off of him and continued to run away. Sage had been confused by the whole thing until two men came running towards him. One could easily be considered a bishonen, with his aqua colored hair that was tied back in a pony tail. The other appeared to be the tall, dark mysterious type. Aqua boy kept running after the girl while mystery man stopped to talk to Sage, who had finally gotten back up.
"Did that girl drop anything?" he asked.
"Not that I can see." Sage said causiously. "Why?"
"She's a thief. Did you see where she went."
"No she ran me over."
"Sorry to bother you then." He ran off to catch up with Aqua boy. Sage didn't think much of it at the time, just another store owner trying to stop a crime on his own probably.
An hour later Sage found himself in a bar packing away his third glass of Jack Daniel's.
"Can I get a bottled water?" A girl asked, as she came up beside him. The bar tender gave her an odd look.
"I don't drink, I just came in to rest a bit." The Bar tender nodded and got her a bottled water. Sage, looked the girl over, from the corner of his eye. She was about five foot five, and had long blodish brown hair, tied back in a pony tail, except for some shorter pieces that framed her face and somewhat covered one eye. Her Blue-gray eyes sparkled, but looked somewhat worried. She wore a black, cloke like jacket, tight fitting white pants and knee high black boots.
"Have we met before?" She said, noticing Sage staring at her.
"Huh?..... I don't think so....." Sage said snapping out of it. The the girl gasped.
"I ran into about an hour ago. Please forgive me for that." she appologised.
"Hey don't worry about it. So what's your name?" Sage asked.
"Well what's your's?" She countered.
"Sage Date."
"Call me Staria." she said with a smile.
"So who were those two guys who were after you?"
"They're known as the McDooggle Brothers and I have something they want, but they won't get it." She took a drink. "They're still looking for me too."
"Sounds like a couple of bullies."
"That's one way to put it, I guess, but snakes are more like it. If they bothered you I'm sorry." she looked at her watch. "I need to get moving again, before they track me down." with that she left the bar and ran off.
Sage had felt an odd power coming form that girl, but was unsure of it's meaning. Some how he knew he would see her again.

When he got home the guys were all piling into the jeep, but Rowen was missing.
"Guys what's going on?" Sage asked.
"Rowen's in the hospital." Cye said.
"What?!?!" Sage jumped in the jeep as Ryo started the engine. "What happened?"
"Some psycho hit him with his car and ran off. The guy hit some girl also." Kento said.
"Mia said Rowen was trying to get the girl out of the car's way, so she must have been the orginal target." Ryo explained.
"I see.... how badly was he hurt?" Sage asked, worried for his best friend.
"He's in a coma at the momment and he's got a broken leg as well."
"They really rammed him." Kento added, when Ryo finished.

Mia was in the room with Rowen when they guys arrived.
"How is he?" Ryo asked, walking over to Mia's side.
"The doctor's say he's stable, but they don't know when he'll wake up." Mia said.
"It was the baka's own fault for getting involoved." a girl said from behind the currtain that divided the room. She slid it away and saw the group of people, and smiled at Sage. "And so we meet again Sage. I guess I've gotten your friend's involved as well now."
"Staria." Sage noticed her right away. "What happened?" He saw her leg was in a cast and bandages covered parts of her arms.
"McDooggle. Those two aren't going to give up. Though I suspect now you'll want revenge for your friend, right?"
"You bet!" Kenot said slamming a fist into his open palm.
"Sage how do you two know each other?" Cye asked.
"We kinda ran into each other on the street today." Staria answered. "I'm Staria Wolf."
"A couple of guys are after her for some reason." Sage explained.
"What they want is my pendant." She pointed to the sliver star with blue gems on it, that hung around her neck. "It holds the key to what their really after."
"And that would be what?" Ryo questioned.
"The Galacitic Layline."The ronins all looked at her blankly. "I'm sure your friend there would understand. I can sense that he has a strong conection with the stars."
"You could say that." Sage said walking over to her. "Is there anything we can do to help stop them?"
"I've been trying to contact my friend, but I can't reach him any where. If you really want to help, find Gene Starwind. He'll know what to do. Plus he owes McDoogle as well and would kill me if I got rid of them without him." She said with a slight smile.
"So it's Staria seaching for Starwind. Got it." Ryo said. "Guys we've got work to do. Mia, give us a buzz if there's any change in Rowen's condition."
"I will Ryo. Be careful you guys."
"Hey we'll be fine." Kento said. "We can kick tail easily enough."
"Sage wait a minute." Staria said as he was about to follow the others out.
"What is it?"
"Catch!" she tossed the pendat to him. "For now I think this will be safer with you.
"Right. You get rested up too ok." With that he ran after the others to beging their search.