Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ A Galactic Battle ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"A Galactic Battle"
Part 3
By Staria
All Standard disclaimers apply. OK as you should know by now this a Ronin Warrior and Outlaw Star cross over with my character Staria thrown in with them.

Rowen opened his eyes to find the girl he had tried to save sitting beside him. He blinked a few times in confusion. The pain he had felt with impact was completely gone and he felt fine. He wasn't sure he under stood it. He was sure he should have been banged up worse than what he was.
"Rowen are you all right?" Mia asked finally finding her voice.
"Yeah I feel all right. I'm not sure I understand it but I'm fine."
"That's a relief." Mia looked at Staria after relaxing a bit. "How did you do that?"
"Do what?" Staria tried to play dumb.
"Heal yourself and Rowen so quickly." Mia said not wanting to play any games. Rowen remained quite as the two girls sized each other up in away. He could feel power coming from Staria. Power that matched some of his own. She had to have some connection to stars. Without warning she turned a looked at him.
"Don't even try and pry into my thoughts." Staria warned him.
"I...."
"I can tell that the stars' power runs through you as well, but you do not command it as I do." Her voice had seemed to become more proper and elegant as her posture had corrected it's self to a perfect straightness. It just screamed noble blood.
"Who are you?" Rowen asked, truly curious by the events that he had just witnessed.
"I've said it before to you're friends, my name is Staria Wolf."
"I mean besides you're name. Who are you really?"
"That's my secret to keep just as you have your own."
"All I am is a warrior."
"Rowen!" Mia couldn't believe he was willing giving up that he was a ronin.
"Mia if I want her to open up to us I have to take the first step. She won't hurt us. It's not in her nature. I can tell that already." He turned back to face Staria again. "I am Rowen Hashiba, keeper of the armor of Strata. Archer of the Ronin Warriors."
"So that is why I could feel the stars' power with in you. You're armor has given it to you."
"No we each already had the powers we held before we got our armor. They just help us increases and control those powers."

Gene entered the room where the Ronin's sat. Aisha and Sazuka watched them carefully, but Melfina was just being little miss hostess bringing them tea and such.
"Welcome back Gene." Melfina said with a smile.
"So what's this all about any ways?" Gene asked taking a seat. "Who are you?"
"I'm Sage Date. Staria and I met earlier today. She and my friend were in an accident a couple of hours ago. They're at the hospital and she asked us to come find you."
"What? Is Star hurt THAT badly?!?!?! She never has to go to hospitals."
"She and our friend Rowen were hit by a car. She said that McDoogal brother's where the one's driving. She knew she was the target, but Rowen stepped in a tried save her. He got the worst of the impact." Ryo explained. Gene looked at him. "I'm Ryo Sanada."
"So those bastards are getting more desperate to get to the leiline before we do. I need to go speak with Star."
"I'm coming with you." Jim said.
"Same here. You're not learned more about the leiline without me Starwind."
"Fine whatever." Gene wasn't in the mood to argue.
"How about you guys lead the way and we'll follow." Jim suggested.
"Sounds fine." Sage said. He was about to say something else when the cell phone rang.
"Hello." Ryo said taking it out of his pocket and answering it. Mia calm down what's wrong. "Well that's great that he's awake. Why are you so upset? Why would they kick you out of the room? She wanted to talk to him alone." As Ryo tried to sort things out the rest of the group looked at him in confusion. He hung up a few minutes later. "Guys Rowen's awake now. We should get back. Mia seems pretty upset cause apparently Rowen told Staria about the armor and then she kicked Mia out of the room so they could talk."
"Sounds like Star all right." Gene said. "let's go."

"Mia leave." Staria ordered.
"What? Why should I?"
"Just get out, now!"
"Mia, please." Rowen asked. "And you don't need to yell at her Staria." Mia left the room but wasn't happy about it.
"I'm guessing you'd like to know about me then, since you've told me that the armor's still are around."
"It'd be nice."
"Very well. Staria is my real name, but Wolf if just a name I use to make myself appear normal here. I am last of a race of people who have the power to call on the stars for help. I am also the crown princess of that race, though I don't tell many people that. They get freaked out about royalty any more. Being the princess has some perks though. Such as being about to heal the human body."
"Is that why I don't hurt at all?"
"Yes. I felt that I owed it to you and the other's for helping me. But we won't let the doctors know this. They can just think it was some weird miracle or their x-ray's were messed up."
"That is an amazing power. You don't even seem the least bit......" Before he could finish his thought Staria's eyes rolled back and she passed out, nearly falling of the bed. "...drained." Rowen finished catching her. "Then again maybe not."
The ronins came into the room and found Staria laying across their friend's lap.
"Rowen what happened?" Cye asked.
"She just fainted."
Gene pushed in past them and went over to Staria.
"What all did she heal?" he demanded to know.
"Her broken leg, both of Rowen's and then she brought him out of his coma." Mia explained.
"Damn it! She drained herself."
"She was fine just a minute ago." Rowen pointed out.
"It takes time to take affect." Jim said. Sage walked over to the bed and lifted Staria off of Rowen. He ignored the look that Gene shot him and took her over to her bed. As he set her down she opened her eyes and looked up at him, about to protest.
"Hey take it easy." he said. "Healing takes a lot of you. Believe me I know all too well."
"Do you still have my pendant?"
"Yeah and we found Gene for you." He placed the star in her hand and closed her fingers around it.
"You OK Star?" Gene asked walking over to her.
"Yes I'm all right."
"You shouldn't have come back here!" Gene yelled getting angry. Everyone was taken back by his out burst. Staria stared at him forcing tears not to fall.