Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sequel to ‘The Forgotten Warrior' ❯ The Death Card acts ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 6 is already posted. This is Chapter 7.

Disclaimer: Why do I have to repeat this? I do not own the rights to any of the characters in this fanfic. It's all done in fun, so enjoy!

Chapter 7: Death Card acts.

"Amy, you might want to see this." Mia stammered from the library door.

The said girl raised an eyebrow at the older woman, said nothing and followed her.

What she saw on the TV screen shocked her.

"Nani!" she exclaimed, throwing almost all five boys off their seats.

"AMY!" the five teenage boys screamed at her.

Instead, Amy screamed, "DAMN YOU DEATH!" With that, she dashed out of the house, leaving a whole bunch of bewildered teenage boys at her wake.

"Okaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. What was that all about?" Kento asked, trailing.

Mia sighed, shook her head, but did not reveal anything.

"Mia, you know something. Spill." Rowen demanded, his aura flaring up slightly.

"Sorry, Rowen. I was sworn to secrecy." Mia replied dejectedly.

"Princess Sol of the Solar Kingdom, as the Prince of Mercury, I, Prince Touma, demand that you tell me where my sister has gone!" Rowen blurted, in a regal voice that was not his own.

Mia gasped, she had not anticipated that Rowen would use his planetary position in this way.

Sighing, she replied, "Princess Amelia has gone to capture the Death Card."

Rowen exploded, "NANI!" he exclaimed.

"She has specific instructions that none shall follow her." Mia continued.

Rowen blinked and sank back on his seat in despair.

Meanwhile, Amy was running to the last place she felt the Death Card's aura.

Upon arriving at the place, she recited a spell she had not used for the last five years.

"Ancient Key of Ice,

Heed my call,

Show your true self before me,

Release!"

The said key spiraled with pure energies as icy mists surrounded the key, transforming it into the Staff of Ice. Instantly, Amy was transformed back into her Celestial form.

"Death Card, reveal thyself in thy true form!" Celestial Mercury commanded.

The Death Card chuckled, "If you insist."

In an instant, the card materialized itself in front of the ice senshi.

Readying its scythe, the Death Card snickered, "Seal me if you can."

Celestial Mercury summoned her rapier and smirked back, "I will."

At that, the battle ensued, as the two nemeses took to the sky.

Half an hour later, Celestial Mercury came down earthward when the Death Card stuck a blow at her.

Before she reached the ground, her wings gave a strong flap and Celestial Mercury was up in the air once again.

"Okay, round two." She muttered.

###

One hour later, Celestial Mercury and the Death card were still fighting, none of them winning.

"Wow, talk about endurance." Kento muttered, as he watched the battle from the ground.

"We shouldn't be here." Cye muttered in disapproval.

Rowen glared at his fellow comrade in blue.

"Amy needs all the help she can get." He hissed.

A sudden shout of "Shield!" interrupted his sentence. Rowen's eye widened, as a protective bubble surrounded the battling duo, preventing anyone from entering.

Cye raised his brow at his lover's brother.

"And how are we going to help her if the Shield Card has been activated?" he questioned.

Rowen had no answer.

A "Thud" came from the battling arena, and Shield's power disappeared and materialized back into its card form.

Rowen glared at the brown-haired youth, "That's how." And took off into the war zone.

What appeared in front of him several meters away, shocked the blue-haired archer.

"Imuoto!" he yelled, rushing towards his fallen sister.

"Rowen, look out!" came Sage's warning cry.

Too late, Rowen realized, as he snapped his head towards the direction of the Death Card.

His eyes widened in horror at the dark energy beam heading towards him.

"Illusion Wall." Celestial Mercury whispered, in a weak voice.

A shimmering wall of water appeared in front of the horrified Rowen.

The dark beam cracked under the resistance of the water wall, still pounding against it.

"Onii-chan, get away." Celestial Mercury warned softly, wincing at her injuries.

The blue-haired Ronin stubbornly shook his head.

"Amy is right." Cye replied, pulling Rowen up.

By that time the other three Ronins had already suited up.

"Thunderbolt Cut!" came Sage of Halo's attack.

The Death Card let out a hiss in silent frustration and fled.

"Damn." Celestial Mercury let out a rare curse.

"Snowflake, daijoubo desu ka?" Cye asked, supporting her.

Celestial Mercury nodded and flapped her wings. Wincing at the sudden shot of pain that shot from her left wing, she answered, "Guess not."

"Better dehenshin, snowflake." Cye advised.

The celestial nodded in agreement and her transformation faded.

"Gah!" Amy let out a small scream in pain.

"Snowflake!" Cye gasped.

"Too… weak…" Amy muttered, before passing out.

By the time Amy woke up, she was back in her room, with two very worried teenagers leaning on either side of the wall.

"Ames!" came Cye's worried, but relieved exclaim.

"Imuoto-chan!" Rowen rushed to his sister's bedside.

"Lower down your volumes please?" Amy begged, wincing from the outburst.

"Gomen." Came the unison reply.

"What happened to the Death Card?" she inquired.

Rowen supplied, "Sage drove it away."

Amy sighed, "Pluto was right, Death is more difficult than Void."

"You. Need. Our. Help." Rowen said firmly, emphasizing on very single word.

Cye nodded mutely in agreement.

Amy raised an eyebrow at the two boys, "And pray how are you five going to help me? Keep in mind that this is the Death Card we're talking about here."

That kept the duo silent.

Amy resisted rolling her eyes.

Pulling her legs towards her, Amy hugged them, took in a deep breath and let out a frustrated sigh.

Rowen looked at his sister concerned.

On the other hand, Cye silently headed towards the door and motioned to Rowen to follow. He knew what Amy meant, she needed to be alone.

Rowen frowned slightly and nodded.

Amy heaved a sigh in relief as the door clicked shut and she was left in the darkness.

"You know, Shin." Rowen begun, using their old names from the Silver Millennium.

The brown-haired teen raised an eyebrow.

"There is something we agree on." He continued.

"Get to the point, Touma." Cye warned. Obviously he was not in the mood to argue.

Turning to face Amy's door, Rowen finished, "The both of us hate to see her hurt."

Cye sighed and nodded in agreement.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Moments after her door shut, Amy cast an unreadable look at the wooden door and slipped out of bed. She knew she should not be out of bed, but part of her told her otherwise.

Stopping by the window, Amy felt her cards reacting and took the deck out.

She gasped when she noticed a card glowing, two cards actually, although one was brighter than the other.

Drawing out the two cards, she frowned when she saw that it was Freeze and Watery, Freeze being brighter one.

When the two cards stopped their glowing, Amy let out a small smile, "So, you're growing impatient, ne Aisu-jin."

The Freeze card glowed an icy white in response.

Amy let out a small laugh, "I thought so."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

About two hours later, Amy came down the stairs, completely rested.

Raising an eyebrow at the two other occupants in the apartment, "Paranoia at its best?" she teased.

"Ames, shut up." The duo muttered, not amused.

The girl genius rolled her eyes, "Fine."

"Hey imuoto, are you sure you're alright?" Rowen turned around to ask his sister.

Amy looked at him, "What makes you think I'm not?"

"Because you used up quite a lot of energy on the Death Card?" Cye supplied.

"And my injuries are totally healed, your point?" Amy asked back.

"She's got you there." Rowen added, grinning.

"Rowen." The couple chorused, turning to the blue-haired archer.

"Shutting up now." Rowen's grin grew wider as he went back to his room.

"Brothers." Amy muttered.

"Hey, this proves that he cares." Cye said, flopping down on the sofa beside her.

Amy sighed, "I guess."

"What are going to do about the `you-know-what'?" Cye asked.

Amy shot a look at him, "Capture it, what else?"

"Amy-chan, you know it's going to be very difficult." Cye warned, sliding beside her.

"I know." She replied.

"Demo." Cye protested.

"I'm the only one with the sealing wand, Cye." She reminded him.

The brown-haired Ronin looked at her and sighed, "I understand."

Slipping an arm around her waist, he warned, "Just be careful, Snowflake."

Leaning her head on his chest, Amy replied, "I know."

Turning her face up, she told him, "But I don't think I'll be capturing it anytime soon."

Cye gave her a concerned look.

"From what it did to me today, I'm going need a lot of rest to recuperate." She explained.

Cye nodded in agreement, "No kidding."

Giving the wall clock a quick glance, she gasped, "Gonna make dinner."

Cye stopped her, "Oh no you don't."

"Cye." Amy whined, pouting.

The warrior of Torrent rolled his eyes, "Fine, you may help."

Amy broke out in a bright smile and kissed him on the cheek, "Arigatou koi."

"Ames." Cye muttered, sighing in defeat.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

About an hour later, Rowen came down just as the pair brought out three bowls of ramen.

"Cye, you're still here?" Rowen asked incredulously.

"Rowen, I prepared dinner, so shut it." Cye snapped.

The archer pouted, "Fine."

Amy resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"You know one thing I find funny." She finally said.

"And that is?" the two warriors questioned.

"Despite the fact that both your armors are of the same color, you two don't see eye to eye." She finished.

"Same color, different shades." Rowen protested.

Cye nodded in agreement.

"It's the same." Amy replied.

"It isn't." the two boy chorused.

Amy smirked, "Finally you two agree on something."

Rowen and Cye blinked, she was right.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

After dinner, Amy and Cye left Rowen in the living room to finish up his dessert.

While washing the dishes, Cye grumbled, "I have no idea why you did that for, Snowflake."

Amy answered, "Hey, at least that worked."

Then, she turned serious, "Seriously, the two of you really need to work on your communication skills with each other."

Cye blinked, "How come?"

"When was the last time the both of you actually sat down and talked?" Amy questioned.

Cye had no answer.

"Proves my point." Amy finished, as she placed the last dish into the dishwasher.

"You are impossible." Cye grumbled.

Amy turned a teasing grin at him, "But you still love me, right?"

Cye blushed, grinned and tenderly kissed her on the cheek, "What makes you think I don't?"

Amy moaned, "I don't know." She teased back.

"Snowflake." Cye muttered. "That was not funny."

"Maybe." Amy whispered back, still savoring his warmth as the eldest Ronin wrapped his arms around her waist.

"And you two are so sweet, you're giving me diabetes." Rowen deadpanned, leaning against the kitchen door.

"I thought you like sweet stuff, onii-chan." Amy teased.

Rowen glared at his sister.

Cye chuckled.

"Imuoto-chan, please kindly see our guest out." Rowen added firmly.

"Fine, onii-chan." Amy mumbled.

Five minutes later, Cye stood out of the Hashiba apartment door.

"I call that the `over-paranoid onii-chan syndrome'." Amy muttered disapprovingly. "Just because Hotaru isn't here, doesn't mean he can take it out on me." She complained.

Cye sighed. "The rest would too." he replied.

"If they remember." Amy pointed out.

Cye nodded, "True."

"Need me to accompany you to the train station?" Amy asked.

Cye shook his head. "Iie." With that, he gave Amy a goodbye peck on her cheek and waved goodbye.

Amy smiled at his retreating back, "Hermes Kami, I love him." She thought,

"Love you too, Snowflake." Came Cye's teasing voice in her mind.

Amy blinked, "You're not welcome in my head. Get out." She warned, telepathically.

"Soulmate link, remember?" Cye told her.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Onii-chan's calling." She answered and cut off the connection.

Cye resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her comment.

############################################################### ###########################

When he finally arrived at his doorstep, Cye was puzzled to find that the lights in the living room were turned on.

Funny, He thought. I don't remember switching on the lights when I left.

When he opened the door, Cye gasped at the visitor on the sofa.

"Onee-chan?" Cye asked, unbelievingly.

Sayoko smiled and stood up form her sitting position.

"It's been quite a while, ototo-chan."

############################################################### ###########################

SailorStar9: (dramatic music sounds in the background) Woo, cliffhanger! What's Cye's sister doing in his apartment? More will be revealed in the next chapter. Read and review!