Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sequel to ‘The Forgotten Warrior' ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: I think I've abandoned this fic long enough. So this is Chapter 8.
 
Disclaimer: Why do I have to repeat this? I do not own the rights to any of the characters in this fanfic. It's all done in fun, so enjoy!
 
Words in italics mean memories and thoughts.
 
Chapter Summary: Sayoko arrives with stunning news for our beloved couple. She is also surprised to discover that Cye had found Princess Mercury. We learn a little bit more
about Cye's family in this chapter.
 
Chapter 8: Revelations
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Last time where we left off…
 
“Onee-chan?” Cye asked, unbelievingly.
 
Sayoko smiled and stood up from her sitting position.
 
“It's been quite a while, ototo-chan.”
 
***************************************************************** **********************
“What are you doing here?” Cye asked, stepping before his older sister.
 
Sayoko raised a brow, “What? I can't visit my little brother?” she joked.
 
Cye blinked and shook his head.
 
Turning serious, Sayoko added, “Your ten week silence has worried our Clan's Elders."
 
"Humph! They worry if I breathe wrong." he scoffed with a deep frown directed to the thought of the Elders.
 
"They have a right to worry about you, Shin. You are our anointed one, the future leader of our Clan and--"
 
"And the honor, destiny and continued strength and unity of our line and Clan rest with you. Hai, Onee-chan, I know the rhetoric." he sighed. "I'm tired of the same platitude. Is that why you're here? To make sure I'm alright and quell the Elders' worries?"
 
Sayoko frowned, “Actually no. The Elders want me to inform you that you're required to head back for the Main House. The Elders have selected four lovely young women from our Clan from whom you can choose as your future bride. One even shows the signs of possessing ice magic.”
 
“Nani?” Cye exclaimed unbelievingly.
 
“Aren't they a little too anxious?” he asked.
 
“That's the Elders' decision, Shin. I have no say in that matter.” Sayoko replied.
 
A sudden gasp and the sound of falling books alerted the sibling duo.
 
Cye turned to see a devastated Amy Hashiba standing at the door, his textbooks clattered on the floor.
 
“Amy-chan!” he cried, rushing to support his upset koibito.
 
Sayoko gasped at the sudden intrusion of the girl. She could feel a very powerful and magical aura surrounding this girl. Was she a sorceress? Focusing her thoughts a little more Sayoko could feel her little brother's aura reaching out to the aura of this girl. There was no way these two could not have felt this happening and yet they allowed it. Why?
And why was he subconsciously jumping to her defense?
 
“Shin explain!” Sayoko hollered.
 
“Onee-chan, please, calm down. Let me explain all of this." Cye said, pacifying his sister.
 
Taking Amy's hand into his, Cye stepped forward to his outraged sister.
 
“Onee-chan, this is Amy Hashiba, sister to Rowen of Sutra, the reincarnation of Princess Amelia Lillian Hermes of Mercury."
 
Amy composed herself and bowed elegantly, “You honor us with your visit, Mouri-san.”
 
Sayoko Mouri could only stare in shock and wonder. This fragile looking young lady was the reincarnation of Princess Mercury. Sayoko too noticed the way her ototo-chan stood with the Princess of Mercury. He acted like her protector, her partner and equal. They relied on each other.
 
“But… how?” Sayoko stammered.
 
Cye sighed, “Onee-chan, what did the Clan's prophecy say?”
 
Sayoko thought a moment to recollect her memories. “Water and Ice, Torrents and Frost. The warrior will find his princess.”
 
She blinked suddenly in realization at what the prophecy truly meant. Her ototo-chan was destined to find the reincarnated princess himself, and not with the interference of the Elders.
 
By Kami-sama, what have we done? she thought in horror.
 
Nodding in understanding, she stood up.
 
“I must report this… unexpected turn of events to the Elders. You'll hear from me by
Wednesday.” she replied and stepped out of Cye's apartment.
 
Amy blinked at her retreating back.
 
“Okay… what was that about?” she asked.
 
“Long messy story, Snowflake.” Cye answered, sighed.
 
Looking up at her koishii, the girl retrieved his books and handled them to him.
 
“You left these behind, dear.” she chided.
 
“Yes mother.” Cye answered teasingly.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Three hours later, Sayoko knelt before the Panel of Elders, reporting her findings.
 
“Nani? He says he has found the princess?” one of the Elders asked.
 
“He claims so. The girl was also there. Her strong aura indicates that he does not seem to be lying.” Sayoko added.
 
“Then inform the boy and tell him to bring the girl with him. We must test her.” the second Elder ordered.
 
“As you wish.” Sayoko replied, prostrating until the Elders were gone.
 
Aside, sienna colored eyes scowled at Sayoko's proclamation.
 
Mesuinu scoffed at the idea. It was not possible for her beloved Cye Mouri to have found an outsider to be the princess because she is the princess herself.
 
Clan law was that bloodline could only wed bloodline to ensure the strength and continuity of the line and magic. The lineage had to stay pure. Of all the Clan members available for this, Mesuinu possessed the strongest magic. It was obvious she was the one to be chosen to stand at the Clan Leader's side. The Clan Elders had realized this fact, this being the reason she was chosen as one of the four. And her contenders had realized this as well deciding to graciously bow out and help her ingratiate her to the Elders and to Cye. Mesuinu's parents had been so thrilled to have their only daughter chosen as one of the four. She had promised not to disappoint them no matter the cost. She would stand at the Clan Leader's side as his wife.
 
But the proclamation that the princess was found threw out Mesuinu's entire carefully orchestrated plan.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
As Sayoko promised, she called back on Tuesday, informing Cye that he had to return to the Main House with Amy on Friday evening.
 
Cye took the news in silence and nodded.
 
On Thursday night, Rowen looked into his sister's room as she packed.
 
“You sure about this?” he asked.
 
“Yes.” Amy answered, placing the Frost Book in her luggage.
 
“Funny, Cye never mentioned anything about him having a Clan.” Rowen remarked.
 
“Hey, he even kept it from me.” Amy shrugged, looking up from her packing.
 
Rowen nodded, “True.”
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: And that's all to it, for now. Stay tuned to Chapter 9: The Elders Trial. Read and review.