Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Warrior ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura ran in the direction that she had seen the tiger go, with Kero hot on her heels. Once she got to the forest border she hopped on Kero's back. He was strong enough to carry her because she was so little. The two raced after the tiger, Kero following his scent.

"Look!" Sakura said, "there's that tiger. Alright Kero, let's slow down so that he doesn't see us, but don't lose him."

Kero growled in agreement and slowed his pace. The two followed the white tiger for a ways when Kero suddenly came to a halt.

"Kero?" Sakura said with a question in her voice. "Why did you stop? We're going to lose it. Oh!" Sakura said with a quick intake of breath. They were at the boundary dividing the neutral area and the Ronin Lands. Making a quick decision Sakura urged Kero on.

"Come on Kero, I want to know where that tiger is going."

Kero then leaped forward and they were again in hot pursuit of the tiger. Shortly after crossing the border the tiger started to slowed down to a walking pace and walked toward a boy with black hair sitting up against a tree.

"Good job White Blaze," the boy said, "I knew I could count on you." The boy and tiger turned and walked further into the forest with Sakura and Kero silently following them.
White Blaze," the boy whispered to the tiger. "I think that we are being followed." "Don't worry though we'll lose them at the waterfall. You know what to do." The tiger nodded in understanding as the two walked calmly walked on.

"Kero!" Sakura whispered. "I just figured out what that white tiger is carrying. It's a sword! I wonder if that boy knows swordsmanship." Preoccupied with her new discovery Sakura missed the white tiger slipping off into another direction, leaving the sword with the boy which he strapped to his side. They soon came upon a waterfall that ran into a river.

"Kero," Sakura whispered. "You stay here and I'll go on ahead." Looking up she had found she lost sight of the boy. Confused Sakura walked out of the shadows of the tree she was hiding behind. The boy silently watched her from behind the waterfall his sword unsheathed in his hand. Sakura jumped on a stone that rose out of the water and then onto another till she was in the middle of the river. Sakura surveyed the scene around her. The waterfall flowed gently into the tranquil river that was more of a stream than a river. A few rocks rose above the water here and there and there was an outcropping of rocks on either side of the waterfall. The boy behind the waterfall prepared himself then leapt out of the waterfall and onto a rock, the sword pointed at Sakura, preparing to attack. Sakura turned slowly around and the two stared at each other for a while. Neither spoke or moved as they both stared transfixed at the other, the wind quietly ruffling their hair. The boy slowly lowered his sword, as he stared at Sakura, taking in her golden eyes and her shoulder length cyan colored hair which blew gently in the breeze. Sakura also studied the boy memorizing his short black hair and stunning blue eyes. The boy slowly took a step towards Sakura, but that was all that was needed to break the trance they were both in. Startled Sakura quickly jumped to the side of the river and ran towards Kero. She leaped deftly onto his back and the two raced back home, the boy running after them.

"Wait," he yelled. Sakura ignored him as they quickly left him behind standing at the edge of the forest.

"I better not let father ever find out I went past the neutral area," she thought. "Hurry Kero, I have to make it home before lessons!"

The boy silently watched their retreating backs as another boy, with blond hair, followed by White Blaze came from the opposite direction.

"Hey Ryo," the other boy called. "Who was that?"

"I don't know Sage." Ryo said as he turned around. "But whoever she is, she's gone now."

"Think she'll ever be back?" Sage inquired.

"Maybe not here, but I have a feeling that we will see her again." Ryo said as he stared at the spot he has last seen her.