Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Warrior ❯ chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It had been eight years since Sakura had met Ryo, and she still thought about him a lot, though she never really knew just quite why.

"I wonder what he looks like now." She thought to herself. She closed her eyes trying to conjure up an image of an eighteen year old boy with black hair and those stunning blue eyes as she absent mindedly stroked Kero.

"Sakura," a voice called scattering her thoughts. "It's time for your lessons now." The owner of the voice was Dais. One of her fathers warlords. Dais was the warlord of illusions. Anubis had told her that Dais had taken a more personal interest in her lately and that her father Talpa was trying to encourage it.

"Alright Dais," Sakura sighed. "I'm coming." She said as she left her room closing the door behind her. "I still don't understand why father still makes me have lessons." She complained, as she and Dais walked down the hall. "What lesson does he insist on teaching me today?" she asked.

"I think your lesson for today is geography." Dais said.

"Geography!" Sakura moaned. "What's the point? I mean Japan has been divided into five separate regions for as long as I can remember."

"Well then you shouldn't have any reason not to know it by now." Dais joked.

"This coming from the person, who also has to attend the lesson," Sakura retorted. Dais shook his head as the two entered the throne room.

"Ah, Sakura," Talpa said. "So nice of you to finally join us." Sakura looked at her father. Today he was a gigantic floating head with glowing red eyes. She preferred it when her father actually had a body.

"I'm sorry father," Sakura apologized. "I got a little distracted." Dais looked at her with a puzzled expression, but didn't say anything.

"Today's lesson is geography. Sakura, I want you to tell me all that I have taught you so far in this subject."

Sakura took a deep breath and started reciting all she had learned, "Japan is divided into five different regions. Each region is owned by a person, or group. The first region is the Shadow lands. This is where we reside and is owned by you, father."

"Yes, correct, continue," Talpa said nodding his massive head.

"The second region is the Phoenix Mountains which are located near our boundaries. This is owned by the emperor of Japan. The third region is the Emperor lands, these lands are also owned by the emperor and include the main cities like Tokyo and Kyoto."

"Yes, yes, very good," Talpa said in agreement.

"The fourth region is the neutral areas." Sakura continued. "These areas are owned by no one, and anyone is allowed to use them, and any type of fighting on these lands is strictly forbidden. And the last and final region is the Ronin lands. These lands are owned by… by… actually father, you never told me who the Ronin lands are owned by. You always just said that I could never go there."

"Yes, my daughter, I have left out that bit of information from you, and I will tell you one day, but now is not the time. As you know I am trying to regain what is rightfully mine. Do you have any idea of what that might be?" Talpa questioned.

"The world, right?" Sakura guessed. "I mean you told me that you once ruled the world, but it was taken from you and then you were banished to the spirit world. And there you met mother." Sakura sighed and fingered the necklace that her father had given her the year before.

(Flashback)

"Here Sakura, this is yours." Talpa said as he handed Sakura a tiny golden box. Sakura slowly lifted the lid and gave a small gasp. Inside was a beautiful glowing blue crystal attached to a golden chain.

"That necklace was your mothers," Talpa said. "She asked me to give it to you when you turned seventeen."

"Why is the crystal glowing, father?" Sakura questioned.

"Because your mother was the daughter of a very powerful sorcerer, which means that she had magic of her own as do you. When a person with magic dies, their magic is contained inside something then passed down to their children to help with their magical energy. Soon you will learn to effectively use your own magical energy. Your lessons start tomorrow."

(End Flashback)

Yes she had started lessons on how to control her magic the next morning. Sakura worked extra hard at her magic lessons. It was the one link she has with her mother.

"Yes," Talpa said snapping Sakura back to the present. "I intend to regain control of the world again, but I need your help to do it. There are guardians throughout Japan that protect the area that they live in. If I am to get back what is mine I must start with taking control of Japan. We will need all the help from these guardians and I am sending you to persuade them to join our team."

"I'll gladly help you take back what is rightfully yours father, but why me?" Sakura asked. "Why not send Cale or Sekhmet? Surely one of them is more qualified for the job than me."

"The guardians need someone with magical energy to find them." Talpa explained "And your first task is to talk to the guardian of the waterfalls in the Ronin lands."