Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Dream Eater ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dream Eater

Part 2

Is He Okay?

Sage jerked up his head. "What was that?!" Sage asked. Rowen, sitting next to him, felt the same thing.

"Was that.. kento?" Rowen asked. Sage tried to concentrate and find his friends location. "Sage?" Rowen asked.

"I-I can't find him... hold on, lemme try and find Cye, then we can find out wasn't going on..." Sage said. Rowen nodded and waited for Sage to pin-point their friends location.

"Wait, I already know where Cye is, he's at the cabin down by the lake, he and kento..." Rowen trailed off. Then they both bolted out the door.

"Gods, I hope their okay!" Sage said running down to the lake. The ran to the cabin and threw open the door.

"Cye? W-what happened here?" Rowen asked catching his breath. Cye was crying and leaning over someone on the floor.

"Cye? What's wrong?" Sage asked walking over to his friend. He seen Kento and reeled back. "gods..." Sage whispered.

"T-t-the t-thing f-from my nightmares c-came true... a-and he-he c-came he-here..." Cye said trying to tell his other two friends but began crying again. Rowen kneeled down and wrapped his arms around Cye, Cye cried loudly into Rowen's shoulder.

"Sage, see if Kento has a pulse..." Rowen said. Sage nodded and kneeled down next to his friend. Sage put his index and middle finger on Kento's throat to search for a pulse.

"H-hai, he has a pulse! He's still alive!" Sage said and smiled, then his face fell, "wait a minuet... Where'd Ryo go?? Have you seen him Cye?" Sage asked. Cye looked over at Sage.

"Only this afternoon when I was on the dock..." Cye said.

~~

Ryo sighed and sat under his favorite tree in the forest, Sage showed him it before, and he loved it. Ryo sat cross-legged and meditated, but his concentration broke as he heard his name being called. Ryo looked up.

"Hello?" Ryo asked.

"Ryo~!" someone called.

"I'm over here!!" Ryo said and stood up putting his shoes back on and listened for them to call again.

"Ryo!"

"Cye!? Is that you? I'm over here!" Ryo called and started walking to where he heard the voice calling him.

"Ryo!!" Cye called.

"I'm coming! Are you alright?" Ryo asked.

"Hai! Just come here!" Cye said. Ryo nodded and dashed through the woods to find his friend.

The Crucifixion...

Ryo's POV

I started to slow down and looked around the woods I was in now. They didn't at all look familiar...

"Cye!?" I called. This time there was no answer. "Cye! Answer me!!" I demanded.

Silence. Then..

"I'm here Ryo..." said Cye. I turned around. It wasn't Cye. The monster stood before me, greatly intimidating. I fell backwards and scrambled back.

"W-who are you?" I asked.

Well, just call me your worst nightmare... it said and lashed out it's claws and sliced through my arm. I cried out in pain and grasped the bleeding wound.

"w-what are you doing?! stop!" I cried.

But why? This is so much fun. it said and grabbed my throat, lifting me into the air.

"s..stop it.... please..." I gasped. I was suddenly slammed into something. I grit my teeth and bear it. Then a horrible pain seared through my hand. I screamed.

--- Sage and the others ---

"What was that?!" Sage asked. Cye looked at them both.

"what was what?" someone grumbled. The looked down at Kento who slowly came to.

"Kento!!! Your okay!!" Cye cried wrapping his arms around his friend.

"Shh, shh... it's okay buddy, I'm alright." Kento soothed, even if he was bleeding pretty bad. "Ne, Sage, Rowen, you should go see what that was..." Kento said. Rowen and Sage nodded and left out the door.

"Wait. Rowen, what would you rather do? Go see what that was or help the other two?" Sage asked suddenly.

"Well, both actually, but what do you want me to do?" Rowen asked.

"Can you stay here? Just incase whatever it was that attacked Kento comes back?" Sage asked. Rowen nodded. "Okay, I'll go see what that was and I'll be back in a flash. And if I don't, you get Kento and Cye up to the mansion." Sage said.

"Okay. Take care Sage." Rowen said. Sage nodded.

"Always." Sage said and winked and ran into the darkness of the forest. Rowen sighed and walked back into the cabin.

~~ Ryo ~~

I gasped and looked at what the monster was doing, he was crucifying me!! There was a nail sticking out of my right hand, blood spurted out of it like a waterfall. It hurt like hell. I felt tears stream down my face.

"Stop it please..." I begged.

But this is so much fun... I should get a picture of this for your friend Cye... he'd just love it...

I clenched my teeth as it positioned my feet at the sides of the old tree. Then he stuck the nail in place by my heel he picked up the large rock he was using for a hammer and hit the head of the nail and it went strait though my heel and into the tree, I screamed again tears spilling rapidly.

"STOP IT!!!" I scream.

--- Sage ---

"STOP IT!!!" Sage heard someone shout. "Ryo??" Sage asked himself. Sage sped up and searched for whoever was in need of help.

~~ Ryo ~~

The pain increased as the monster drove another nail into my other foot.

"S-STOP!!! P-Please!!" I sobbed. All the monster did was grin and he drove another nail though my hand. "Noooo!!!" I screamed, sobbing wildly. The demon had a hellish grin on it's so-called face. "p-please, please just let me go!!" I begged.

The demon was silent and it looked like it was concentrating.

Oh Cyeee.... Ryo's gone, and who was next on my list? Oh look, here comes Sage... you should have said Bye-bye when you had the chance....

"NOO!!!" Cye suddenly screamed.

"Cye! Cye buddy calm down!!" Kento said.

"What's wrong Cye?" Rowen asked.

"Th-the monster... k-killed Ryo!!" Cye cried and sobbed into Kento's chest, "and he said he was going to kill Sage!!" Cye said.

Next!

Sage blinked and looked around. "Ryo!! Where are you!?" Sage called.

~~ Ryo ~~

I heard Sage call my name and I looked up.

The demon was gone, and I was starting to lose consciousness.

"S-Sage! o-over her-...." I couldn't call anymore. I passed out then.

--- Sage ---

"Ryo!?" Sage called and dashed into the clearing and seen Ryo in his horrid state. "O-oh my god..." Sage said and covered his mouth in shock and disgust. Sage ran over to his friend. "gods... Ryo are you alright? Ryo?" Sage asked gently shaking Ryo. Sage winced, the nails went right though the foot, and into the tree under the ankle bone. And the other nails went right though the middle of the hands. Sage's eyes filled with tears. "Ryo, speak to me, please??" Sage begged quietly, his voice cracking.

No answer.. that shattered Sage's heart.

"Ryo please? talk to me..." Sage pleaded and slowly yanked one of the nails from Ryo's feet. Ryo made no movement.

"What do you think your doing?" Sage heard Cye's voice. Sage whirled around.

"Cye?" Sage asked.

Sorry Sage, wrong answer... the demon growled bringing down his claws slashing Sage across the face.

"Ahh!!" Sage cried falling backwards and clutched his face. Sage gasped as tears began to spill down his face as he looked at the blood in his hand from the cuts. Sage whimpered and looked up at the demon.

Can't leave you out of the picture, Cye wouldn't appreciate that... The demon said and gave Sage a hellish grin.

"N-no please... i'm begging you...." Sage pleaded backing up into the tree Ryo was hanging from Sage gasped as blood dripped on him from Ryo's wounds. The demon grabbed Sage by the hair and around his right wrist, squeezing it tight causing Sage to cry out in pain.

I'll just have a little bit of target practice.... The demon said.

"Noo! No please!!" Sage cried, struggling the best he could to get out of the demon's grasp. Sage was suddenly thrown against something. Sage clenched his teeth together then looked at where he was thrown, it was the Star of David, a platform also. There were cuffs on four points of the star. "Please!! Don't do this!!" Sage cried. The demon cuffed Sage before he could move.

My mind is made up, just so you know, you won't be alone in death, Rowen will soon be joining you... Followed by Rachel and Kento and the other three at the house. Ryo's already gone... The demon said. Sage opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Sage bit his lip and looked over at Ryo.

"...no ryo..." Sage whispered. Sage gave up then, knowing he couldn't win. He slumped back against the platform.

I knew you'd see it my way... now, keep perfectly still... the demon said Sage looked up at the demon, his lavender eyes blazing with hatred.

"You won't get away with this... I'll make sure of it..." Sage said.

We'll see Ronin... we will see... the demon said. The last thing heard was Sage's strangled cry of pain, then complete silence.

Rowen's Discovery

Rowen paced back and forth waiting for Sage.

"Ne, Rowen, your going to ware a hole in the floor if you keep that up." Kento said as Cye bandaged up his shoulder.

"Where's Sage?! He should have been back by now!!" Rowen said.

"I-I'm sure he'll be..." Cye said, before he actually finished he turned ghostly white.

"Cye?" Rowen asked glancing at Cye. Rowen frowned as Cye begin to shiver violently. "Cye? Cye what's wrong?" Rowen asked kneeling down by him.

"S-sage... h-he's gone...." Cye whispered. "Ryo and Sage are both gone.... IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!" Cye cried, bawling hard into his hands.

"Are you sure?? I mean, how are you getting this information?" Rowen asked trying not to break into tears as well at the loss of their leader and friend and his life-long best friend.

"I-it's the demon... h-he's telling me... an-and he said if we r-really want proof... fallow the trail he's marked." Cye said sniffling every so often.

"Let's go then... I want to see what this thing says he did..." Rowen said, trying to sound strong. Kento nodded and got up and helped Cye to his feet. Rowen walked out the cabin door and looked for the trail the monster left for them. "Well, where is it?" Rowen asked. Cye came out and pointed to trees that were covered in red. Rowen shuddered a little. The trees weren't covered in red when he looked over there. Rowen shrugged it off and headed towards them.

"Rowen, let's not be to hasty... i mean... what if the monsters' telling the truth..." Kento said.

"Rule one, Kento, never believe what an enemy tells you, find it out for yourself, even if it's too late." Rowen said.

"Yeah, whatever Rowen... your afraid just as much as I am to find out it's right." Kento said. Rowen winced a little then shook it off.

"No, your wrong Kento." Rowen said. He accidentally brushed against one of the red trees. "W-what?" Rowen asked as it soaked into his shirt quickly. Rowen touched the tree and watched the red liquid roll down his fingers. Rowen's heart stopped a moment, he regained his senses and sniffed the liquid. It had no sent, so it wasn't paint. Rowen slowly tasted it. He was afraid he would be right. It was blood. Rowen whimpered and wiped the blood on his shirt and spead up down the trail.

"Rowen! Rowen wait up!!" Kento called. "Why'd he freak out all of a sudden?" Kento asked. Cye looked at the tree's that were covered in redness. He touched his fingers to it and examined the liquid on his fingers.

"Kento... this is blood..." Cye said. Kento's eyes widened. "ROWEN!! WAIT!!!" Cye shouted.

--- Rowen ---

*I'm not right, I can't be right!!* Rowen told himself mentally. Rowen stumbled and tripped into the clearing. Rowen grunted as he fell forward to the ground. Kento and Cye came up behind him. Kento kneeled down to help him up.

"Hey, Ro, little warning next time you do that?" Kento asked. Rowen looked up and his face paled, all the color drained from his face. "Ro?" Kento asked. Kento followed Rowen's gaze. Kento's heart stopped momentarily. Cye shakily looked up. He felt tears well up in his eyes.

"God no... please... no..." Cye whispered walking over to Sage. He had several knives embedded throughout his body. "Sage.... please.... noo... this can't be happening!!! NO!" Cye cried falling to his knees. Rowen got up and walked over to Ryo's still form, blood leaked slowly down the wounds were the nails held his feet and hands.

"ryo..." Rowen whispered, choking back a sob. "ryo, you-you can't be dead... y-you can't leave us like this..." Rowen begged, he broke down and began to cry, falling to his hands and knees before Ryo's broken and bleeding body. Both of them were gone. *It can't be true... no I can't beleive it! I-it's just not possible... Ryo.. Sage... t-they weren't... they didn't even get a chance to fight back...* Rowen thought and gripped the blood soaked dirt below. *I'll get whoever did this.. I'll kill them... I'll get revenge for Ryo and Sage.* Rowen thought. And stood up. He looked at Ryo. Trying desperately not to cry again. He grabbed a hold of the other nail in Ryo's foot and yanked on it, pulling it out quickly. *I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you... Ryo... Sage... I'm sorry... Sage, I should have went with you... I knew I should have....* Rowen thought and climbed up and pulled out the two nails in Ryo's hands. He brought him down and laid him on the ground. Rowen gently brushed Ryo's bangs out of his face. Ryo's face was so cold. Rowen looked up and watched the others as they took Sage down from the other plat-form. Sage's face had three large slashes across it.

"You both died painfully.... I'm sorry this had to happen to you..." Rowen whispered and looked back down at Ryo. Before Rowen knew what was going on several cables came up from the ground on which he stood and wrapped around him tightly. Rowen cried out in surprise.

"Rowen!!" Cye cried. The cables tightened and brought Rowen up into the air. Rowen pulled at them but nothing weakened the cables.

"What's going on!?" Rowen demanded. The cabled pulled on Rowen's body. Rowen cried out in pain.

"No Rowen!!!" Cye cried. Kento and Cye desperately tried to find a way to get Rowen down.

"Hurry!! Please!!!" Rowen begged, the cable around his left wrist sank into his skin, causing Rowen to cry out in pain. Cye winced.

"Where are the cables coming from??" Kento asked. As he asked more cables came and wrapped around Rowen making Rowen cry out again.

"No! Rowen!!" Cye cried. He seen blood slowly drip from Rowen's body.

"Kento! C-Cye!! Get out of here!! T-the monster will get you!! hurry!! just go!!! Don't worry about me!!!" Rowen ordered. Something suddenly shot at Rowen from a tree branch. An arrow.

"ROWEN!!" Cye screamed. The arrow hit with the sickening sound of ripping flesh. The arrow went strait through Rowen the arrow head sticking out of Rowen's back while the tail stick out of his chest. "Noooooo!!!" Cye cried. Kento held back his own cries and pulled Cye away.

"hurry Cye, we have to go..." Kento whispered.

"but Kento!! Rowen's still alive we can't leave him like this!!" Cye cried.

"Cye!! Let's go!!" Kento shouted and pulled Cye down the pathway...

To Be Continued...

Uh oh.... what's going to happen to our poor Ro-chan!? I only know BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

`til next time!

Shadow~