Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Dreamless Love ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreamless Love
Chapter 2
By: Life the Fay
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the YST/RW whatsoever. They belong to Sunrise and other companies.
 
~*~*~
Touma woke up with sunlight stinging his eyes. He mumbled lividly, pulling the blankets over his face. He jerked slightly and groaned, feeling pain throughout his body. `Ugh…memo to myself: Keep a better eye on your surroundings. Damn! I had almost forgotten about yesterday too!' he thought bitterly, trying to hold still. He closed his eyes again, trying to fall back to sleep.
 
He could hear Kayura in the kitchen singing along with the radio. He smiled, remembering when his friend decided to come and live like a normal human being. At first some customs confused and yes, irritated her, but soon she fell in love with it. She especially loved going to the night clubs and dancing in the large crowds. She also loved just watching old romantic movies with Touma.
 
He sighed looking over at his night stand where his evil companion, the alarm clock, sat. He squinted to read the bright read digits: 9:04. He rolled back over, closing his eyes. He began thinking about his day yesterday the fight, birthday party, archery practice and…”
 
“Shit! It's Tuesday and I'm late for WORK!” He exclaimed, pushing the sheets off him. A shot of pain filled his body, causing him to tumble to the ground in pain. `Damn…that was not a pretty fall.'
 
“Touma?” Kayura came rushing in, hearing the archer's shouts. She looked around before noticing Touma on the floor, tangled in the sheets. “Touma! What do you think you're doing? You need to rest!” She barked, assisting him back onto the bed. “I called the school earlier today and told them you couldn't come today. I used one of your sick days. Hope you don't mind. I left your plans with the substitute teacher so no worries. All you need to do is relax and heal.”
 
Touma grinned, patting her hand. “Thanks Kayura. I owe you one. I don't think I could handle those kids today with my back killing me.” He looked up at her, his eye's looking at her seriously. “Kayura, what happened after I passed out?”
 
Kayura sat down on the edge of the bed, messing with the blankets. “Well, after you fell off the building and used the last of you're strength; the battle was over for the most part. We couldn't find you…but someone brought you to us. Do you remember the person that helped you Touma?”
 
Touma shook his head. “No. It's all a blur.”
 
As if on cue, the blonde came into the room. He smiled seeing the two. “Hey Touma-chan. How are you feeling?”
 
Gasping, Touma pointed at the man. His memories were beginning to click together. “It's….it's you!”
 
Kayura rolled her eyes. “Touma, don't show your stupidity,” She commented, waving her hand for the man to come sit next to her. “Touma, this is Date Seiji. He is an old friend of mine. He, just like you and the other guys, also bears an armor called Kourin. He's came to help us in this battle. He is also the one that healed most of your wounds so, you better thank him.”
 
Touma looked up at the pale violet eyes. Smiling, he extended his hand in a greeting. “Nice to meet you Date Seiji. Thanks for healing me. I don't even want to know what it my pain would have felt like without your healing gifts.”
 
Seiji took Touma's hand hesitantly in his, kissing the back of it. “The pleasure is all mine Touma-chan. And please, just call me Seiji.”
 
Blush crept up into the blue haired mans cheeks, lowering his eyes to the bed spread. “So where are you from Seiji?”
 
“I'm originally from Sendai but I haven't actually lived there for ten years. For the most part, I lived here for eight years however; I have been in a place I would rather not talk about for the past two years.”
 
Watching the two's small exchange of conversation, Kayura was relieved that Touma didn't collapse at the sight of his lover (or would that be former lover since she knew Touma didn't have a clue about the past). Although she never knew Seiji like she knew Touma, she could tell that the blonde was upset about the choices his love made after his sudden disappearance. Not only did he lose his family, but also his love. She couldn't even imagine losing so much in just two years.
 
She excused herself to finish Touma's late breakfast. She began thinking over everything that had happen after the battle two years ago. `The pain all the Troopers faced was unbearable to watch. Going back to the Nether Realm to find some sign or idea to find the blonde seemed impossible. Deciding to live with Touma and to comfort him. Then he had to go to the Date residence...He came home a mess saying they had banished him from ever coming back. Even Satsuki turned her back on him. Damn those Dates! Touma couldn't bear it and he tried to commit suicide. It was after I saved him from that did he decided he didn't want to remember anything about Seiji…why couldn't he just wait for two more years?'
 
“Kayura, you might as well skip breakfast and start lunch. Touma fell back asleep,” Seiji stated, sitting on a chair next to the bar.
 
She closed her eyes, banishing the images of blood on the walls and floor of the bathroom. “Good. He needs all the sleep he can get,” She replied, leaning on the opposite side the bar from Seiji. “I assume you slept well in the guest room.”
 
“Yes, I did. If I had known that bed was so comfy, I would have moved it into our bedroom two years ago,” Seiji answered, folding his arms together onto the counter. He watched Kayura smile mischievously, continuing to wash the dishes in silence. Anymore, he hated the silence. It reminded him of those long enduring years away from his home. He had to break it as he shifted in his seat. “I think I know how it was like when you and the other Mashos where in the Nether Realm under Arago.”
 
Kayura turned to say something when she felt a slight breeze she knew to be all too familiar. She looked at the blonde, then back at the entrance to the kitchen. She grinned. “Well, it's about damn time you three got here. I've been asking for you for twelve hours!”
 
Anubis shrugged, plopping himself onto a chair. “Well, we're use to your bickering and bidding so we ignored it until we felt an old friend's, presence again. So we decided that we'd follow your request this time and check on little Blondie”
 
The woman glared at them, stomping her foot. She turned back around, scrubbing the dishes with more vigor than before. Sometimes, she really couldn't stand the men she worked with.
 
“So Seiji, what makes you think that you know how it was for us under the hands of Arago. By the way, where the hell were you all this time? We have looked for you everywhere in the Nether Realm and there was no trace to be found,” Nazza asked, leaning against the door.
 
Seiji looked down at his hands. He really didn't know what to say to them. He honestly didn't want to talk about it but he knew he had to. `I can't let New York happen again. If I want peace, I have to let my pain go to people I know that will understand.' “I was not in the Nether Realm, that's why you couldn't find me. I was somewhere else…but I don't know where that place was. I could see everything that took place here in this world but none of you noticed me. I felt completely alone and cold…Oh so very cold. The only time I felt comfort was when I watched all of you, but I always still had a tugging regret that I couldn't be there. I was taunted constantly. They wanted to use the armor to gain some strength in our world. But I wouldn't let them…So I broke the orb.”
 
Silence filled the room as the Mashos looked at one another. They were speechless. Kayura rubbed Seiji's shudder in a caring way, giving the trio a glare that was easily read. `Well, aren't you going to say something?'
 
“By the way, we called the rest of the Troopers. We are having a meeting tonight at your house Kayura. I hope you don't mind,” Rajura mentioned, walking into the living room to watch TV.
 
Kayura spun back around, alarmed by the sudden comment. She turned to Anubis, glowering at him. “What was that Anubis?”
 
Yami stretched in his chair like a cat, grinning triumphantly at the young woman. “You heard him Kayura-chan; we are having a nice Trooper meeting here at your house. Hope you don't mind.”
 
A plate fell onto the floor with an angry crash.” Excuse me, but I do mind! Do you really think I am ready to have ten people in my house Yami? Think again bastard!” Kayura screeched glaring holes into the other who seemed quit at ease for the loud shouts.
 
“Oh Kayura it's alright. All you have to do is crank up the air condition and everyone will be happy. Okay?” Nazza added.
 
The woman glanced at the two, opening her mouth to say something but closed it. She huffed, turning back around to grab the broom. She swept in silence, too pissed off to say anything more to the Mashos.
 
Seiji sighed. “When is it Anubis, this meeting that you planned? I'll have to wake up Touma a little bit early so he can be ready.”
 
“There is no need for him to be there. As a matter of fact, Nazza, will you go do the thing I told you to do,” Anubis commented, watching the green hair man leave before starting his explanation. “The meeting we are having consist of issues we cannot confront Touma on just yet. At another time we will share our information with, him but not until we all come to an agreement.”
 
Seiji inquired. “Is this about his memory?”
 
“Hai, Blondie. That's right,” Rajura answered, walking back into the room. “From what I understand about Touma's condition, even an insignificant image or word can trigger the memory and cause serious damage to him mentally and even spiritually. I knew of one Trooper that did the very same thing. He wore the armor of Suiko…and he lost his son in the middle of a battle. He used the same `magic' that Touma has used. He was fine for awhile until one day he was walking in his gardens and came upon a tree carved with his son's name on it. From there, he went insane. A year later, he committed suicide. So you see Seiji, we only want the best for him. We will know what to do after tonight.”
 
Seiji nodded, looking out of the window, looking forlorn. “For two years I have stood by his side. I have held him when he cried in our bed. Many times he would cry out why there was no one that loved him. It tore my heart to pieces to hear him say such words. Never have I been in such a hell like that. I longed to be beside him, to tell him I loved him so much…and now here I am, but it's not the same. It's practically the same place I left,” he banged on the table with his fist, anger being mixed with salty tears. “Dammit Touma, why did you to this to me-to us!”
 
Kayura tore through the kitchen to wrap her arms around the blonde's shoulders. “I'm sorry Seiji. I'm so very sorry. I tried to stop him but he was so irrational…even to the point of insanity. Seeing that lost look in his eyes…it scared me…I couldn't stop him. If he knew then what he knew now, I bet he would have kept the memories,” Kayura coaxed.
 
The blonde drawled back from Kayura, leaving the room. He had to get away from all the people. He stopped at Touma's room, seeing his blue haired angel sleeping peacefully. Nazza had left earlier. Seiji sat down next to the sleeping warrior, petting his hair lovingly.
 
“Don't worry Touma-chan; we'll get through this together.”
 
At that comment, Touma sighed in his sleep, curling up closer to the blonde. “Seiji…” he whispered in his sleep.
 
Seiji smiled, lying down on the bed next to his Touma-chan and slept soundly till noon.
~*~*~
 
With the help of Nazza and his sleeping herbs, the bearer of Tenku stayed asleep throughout the night during the small meeting.
 
Shu took a gulped down Dr. Pepper. He, along with everyone else, felt rather uncomfortable and unnerved to see Seiji Date alive after all. None of them could think of what was to come next. “So…what's this all about?”
 
“Well, we called this meeting to report strange rumors in the Nether Realm of a person that can control the realm of dreams,” Rajura reported.
 
“As Rajura was saying, with the appearance of magic in this realm, we have come to a conclusion that we are dealing with something bigger than we expected,” Nazza added.
 
Shin rested his chin on his hands. “So, there's a new threat here…that's something we already knew from last night. What else?”
 
“Well, technically he isn't a new threat to you,” Anubis commented. “This guy was here two years ago, the day you disappeared Seiji.”
 
Ryo's eyes widened, grasping all the information. “Yume…You came back when Yume returned,” Ryo thought out loud, looking over at the blonde. “Where have you been all this time Seiji? Are you our enemy now? I think I speak for all of us when I ask this. Whatever you may know may be crucial to defeat this guy.”
 
Seiji didn't look up; he knew that all of them looked at him now. Did he really need to tell them? Did he have to tell them about the hell hold he had lived in for two years? He mentally smacked himself. `Of course you do! Just think, you have to protect Touma-chan.' Gaining the courage, he looked up.
 
“Two years ago when we answered the Warlord's challenge, in the middle of the battle, I woke up, leaving you guys for a brief moment. It became obvious we weren't going to get anywhere sleeping so I went into a deep meditative state and found Touma hallucinating the three of you, while you fought on yards away. Out of instinct, I rushed to his side. I found him to be in a trance of sorts and I couldn't get him out of it…so…so…” he broke off for a moment, trying to grasp some dignity and not to cry in front of so many people.
 
“It's alright Seiji if you don't want to talk about it. Take your time,” Kayura replied, noticing the emotion the blonde tried to hide.
 
“No, I'm fine Kayura,” Seiji assured, clearing his throat. “A warp had formed so I pushed him out of the way and jumped in. I wouldn't let Yume take what he wanted. For months I was held as a prisoner-tortured daily with no way to stop it. I was defenseless. A servant of the Warlord found me and later helped me escape. She goes against everything Yume says. She gave me a home and assistance on how to use power in the dream realm. From then on, I watched the four of you from afar, coming to you in dreams. I missed everyone-especially Touma. I thought everything would be alright once I found a way out, but I have found out that hope wasn't entirely true.”
 
The room was quiet, everyone thinking their own thoughts of the story told. Kayura rose to the occasion to speak. “So I see you were never the one he wanted. He wanted the power of Tenku. But why Tenku? Why doesn't he want Rekka?”
 
Shu stretched out on the couch. “We have bigger problems than that, remember? Touma doesn't remember any of this. What about him? Do we tell him about this or leave him out? Whoever this is will more than likely try again to get him. What about Seiji? Can he stay here without bring harm to Touma's memory?”
 
Seven pairs of eyes looked at the warrior of Kongo in shock. Paranoid, he looked at his clothes and rubbed his face. “What?!”
 
Shin chuckled. “Nothing is wrong, love. We're just surprised to see that you had an actual decent question once in you life.”
 
Shu glared, grabbing Shin by the shoulders, ruffling his hair a bit. “Shut up!”
 
Kayura sighed. “Shin's right. Those were all good questions, but I think another should answer,” Kayura replied, pulling out the small blue marble that held Tenku. “What do you think, my friend?”
 
The orb glowed lightly before the image of Tenku himself appeared-the splitting image of Touma only with longer hair and darker blue eyes. He sat cross legged on the floor, looking at all the faces. He smiled, when he laid his eyes on Seiji. “Ah…so the heir of Kourin is back. That brings me great happiness to see. Sadly though, I feel it unnecessary to explain the past to Touma because it would only confuse him. Any new information can be explained such as Yume being here and so on. Now the child of Kourin is tricky. I believe it is better that he stays beside my child. Memories will begin to emerge to Touma, but Seiji is now here with him. In time, I believe he will remember everything while staying sane,” Tenku counseled. “Anything else?”
 
“Yeah, I have one! What kind of welcome did you give Kourin when you saw him?” Nazza asked, smirking at the blush coming unto the ancient man's face.
 
“That's none of your business Nazza!” Tenku snapped, looking rather flustered and irritated. Looking over to Kayura, he sighed. “Can I go now?”
 
Kayura nodded welding Tenku's spirit back into the armor sphere. Smiling, she looked at Seiji. “Thank you for answering our questions. I know how tough it must be to speak of your experiences. It's been a long day for you. Go to bed and get some rest,” she hinted. Seiji seemed to get the idea and left the room.
 
Shin looked to Kayura. “So…what do we do now Kayura since you're making all the shots?”
 
The young woman kept her gaze on her hands where Tenku now laid. “I'm just as confused as all of you. I still feel uncertain about Seiji saying here, yet I also have this conviction that that this is the only one that we can keep Touma safe and perhaps…heal his forgotten wounds,” she retorted. “My decision is for Seiji to stay here. Touma will have no issue with it not only that, but it gives him a chance to reacquainted himself with Blondie again. But as for the enemy, if he is really what he says he is, he will return for Tenku. We need to find out why and prepare for battle.”
 
Ryo groaned, pulling the hair away from his face. “Man, Nausti is going to be pissed when I ask her to do some research again.”
 
Kayura chuckled. “Let me assure you that she isn't going to be the only one.”
 
~*~*~
 
Hours after the meeting was dismissed, Kayura rushed into the kitchen, looking for something precious to her. She groaned, muttering to herself that it had to be somewhere around the apartment. Looking through a small cabinet, she gasped.
 
“Ah-Ha! I finally found you!” she exclaimed quietly, grasping the small item in her arms tightly. Smiling, she turned around only to find out she was being watched.
 
“Seiji, you scared me half to death! What are you doing here? You should be resting,” she demanded.
 
“I couldn't sleep so I came in here. What are you doing Kayura? Are you not going to say goodbye to Touma?” inquired the blonde, raising one fine eyebrow.
 
Grumbling, she leaned on the counter. “Yes, I'm leaving, but not for the reasons he'll come up with. The Nether Realm is not well and it's my job to fix it and also to keep danger away from here,” She relied, twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers. “I had no opportunity to go before you came. I feared leaving Touma by himself. Since you here now, I know you can protect him far better than I ever could.”
 
Seiji nodded, not knowing what to comeback with.
 
“I'll be gone for awhile so…keep Touma-san safe for me-okay?” she pleaded.
 
“Don't worry Lady Kayura; Touma will be safe with me.”
 
She smiled, leaning over to kiss the blonde on the forehead. “Thank you
Seiji-kun.”
 
~*~*~
 
Yea! Chapter 2 is now done! I know it's a weird place to end, but it will be okay. So…leave me some reviews please. I like to know my work is appreciated. It keeps this amateur writer going.
 
What's going on in the Nether Realm? How is this time with Seiji alone going to affect Touma? Why does Yume want the armor of Tenku? Am I ever going to get these two together? Find out in the next installments that should be coming in your way soon. I just need to type them!