Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Embers of the Heart: ❯ chapter 02 – Unusual Behaviors ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Embers of the Heart:
chapter 02 - Unusual Behaviors
 
 
Seiji was hesitant about it, but he said he would talk to the water warrior. And he found him self standing at his door for quite some time before he could bring him self to actually knock. With a faint response he entered a half moon lit room completely silent.
 
“Shin?” Seiji asked as he quietly shut the door.
 
“Yeah… “Shin asked from his bed: partially covered in his comforter and not completely awake yet. Seiji took in the sight before him. He always loved watching him sleep.
 
He was face down with his back to him. And the moon light showed off the sleek contours of his back: only slightly more pale than the moon's light. He couldn't tell if he was nude or just shirtless. But the exposed skin was only graced with loose hair from his uncut locks. Seiji smiled slightly. There was a part of him that wished he wouldn't cut it. He looked so peaceful and gentle. It almost seemed absurd that he could have done what he did earlier that evening.
 
“… Can we talk?” Seiji finally asked as he found a seat next to him on the bed.
 
Shin didn't answer right away. But rolled in bed and sat up. “Sure.”
 
Seiji put a hand on one of Shin's knees. “Shin, about Touma… what was that about?”
 
Shin just looked him and shrugged a little. “He should have known better. You don't just grab like that.”
 
“You really believe that? But do you really think he deserved getting hurt for it?” Seiji asked as he watched the wheels in his head turn. “And don't give me an answer just because you know what I want to hear… I just want the truth.” He added as he caressed his knee softly.
 
“I know it's not right, I am sorry for what I did. And I will apologize when he starts talking to me again. I promise.”
 
“Good, you had everyone worried. You promise to think before you act next time you want to do something like that?”
 
Shin nodded. “Seiji… have I changed that much?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“To worry everyone.” Shin said as he leaned forward a bit.
 
“You're just not quite yourself yet that's all. It will be fine.” Seiji smiled for him.
Shin let out a soft giggle. “I wish you would do that more often.”
 
“Do what?”
 
“Smile… it always makes me smile.” Shin said with a small sparkle in his eyes.
 
Seiji admired him a moment before grabbing some of the comforter and covering him up a bit more. “You should get some rest you had a long day.”
 
“Seiji?” Shin asked. “May I have a kiss goodnight?”
 
Seiji leaned over and kissed him gently on the temple. Shin watched him a bit disappointed.
 
“Not what I meant.” Shin said getting comfortable.
 
“Goodnight Shin. I'll see you in the morning.” The blonde said as he left his room.
 
The next morning went by pretty normal except Shin was no where to be seen. And no one had seen him leave or knew where he might have gone. But no one was extremely concerned and figured he'd turn up later. When he did Seiji had been coming back from his daily jog. And saw the red head pacing on the porch.
 
“Hey Shin.” Seiji said as he approached him.
 
Shin stopped a moment to look at him and continued to pace. “Hi… “
 
Seiji grabbed the towel he hung on the railing before he left and wiped off a bit. “Are you alright?” He finally asked him.
 
Shin took in a deep breath and let it out. This time when he looked at him it looked like he was going to cry. “I left my wallet in the house. I left it. I forgot it Seiji.”
 
Seiji looked a little confused. “Then go in and get it Shin.” He suggested.
 
“I did it again I made a bad decision didn't I.- I know its wrong but… I just do.” Shin said and bit his lip nervously. “You know I care. I do, really. I think if I didn't forget it… “ Shin said as he trailed off and started to pace more. He almost seemed frantic.
 
“Shin… “ Seiji tried getting his attention, but when it didn't work. He followed him onto the porch and got in his way. “Shin, what happen?”
 
Shin looked at him guiltily. “…. I got my hair cut.” He said sheepishly.
 
Seiji looked at it and was impressed. It was back to his shoulders and looked rather nice. But it still didn't make any sense. “Wait… if you forgot your wallet how did you pay for it?” With out an answer Seiji insisted. “What happen?” He added.
 
“Well obviously I took advantage of some one.” Shin said for the first time using that tone with the blond. Shin stepped away from him and turned his back to him.
 
“I don't even know what to say.” Seiji said honestly. “This isn't like you. At least it's not the Shin I knew. Is this what Rajura and them taught you? What did they do to you?”
 
Shin looked at him with almost a lost look on his face. Which quickly turned to anger as he spun around on his heels and walked inside: letting the screen door slam.
 
“Shin, don't you dare walk away from me like that.” Seiji said as he quickly followed him into the kitchen. “I just want you to talk to me. Stop holding back.”
 
Shin froze and turned around. “Don't hold back?” He asked as he all of sudden took a few steps into the blond making him fall into a chair. “I have been talking to you and all you do is tell me how messed up I am. I get it I am fucked up. Thank you.” Shin said and pushed the chair he was in until it tipped slightly. He held it up with a hand. “Maybe, I don't want to tell you. Maybe, I rather not be judged. In fact… maybe, I want to go back. I sure don't seem to be fitting in here.”
 
Seiji finally caught his bearings enough to respond and managed to push off of the chair. Making Shin stumble back a bit and Seiji stood up as the chair fell to the floor. “Shin you need to calm down. No one's judging you. Why don't we just go cool down and finish this up then. I don't think you want to really fight with me.” Seiji said trying to stay calm and went into the living room.
 
He thought it was under control so it was a surprise when he felt a shove from behind. It sent him into the couch leaving him a little breathless. It took a moment for him to realize what happen and shook his head. “Are you serious?” Seiji said as he pulled him self up properly onto the couch and looked at Shin.
 
“Yes, completely. Are you serious?” Shin asked putting his hand on his hip taking stance.
 
“I don't want to be talking to you while you're upset.”
 
“Why? You think you're going to get stabbed or something?”
 
“A matter of fact, yes. You're unstable.” Seiji said about to get up.
 
“So you're afraid of me.” Shin said as he pushed him back down. “If I had wanted to hurt you… “Shin said as he slid between his legs and leaned in to his ear. “I would have earlier.” He whispered and lightly licked the edge of his ear lobe.
It was enough to immobilize the blonde. Shin smiled slightly and carefully slid his cool fingertips up under green lined jogging shorts: caressing tender skin that lay under it. He could feel Seiji start to tremble a bit but still tensed under him.
 
“You're always in control aren't you?” Shin added as he softly ran the tip of his tongue along the line of the swordsman's pale neck, getting a soft whimper in response. With another whisper that sounded slightly mischievous Shin asked him. “Who's unstable now?” It made Seiji try to pull his leg away from the electric touch. But it only served to give him better access.
 
Shin didn't waste any time as he slid his hand further up his thigh as he nipped at his neck. Seiji tried to reach up and push him away but only got his hands slapped away. Soft protests faded away as the invading hand found the heated flesh it was looking for and began with a lean tight squeeze. Seiji hissed his name still fighting with himself.
 
Shin let his hand start a wanting pace and nuzzled his neck softly. When he heard a whined moan from his throat he knew Seiji had lost his battle. Shin kissed the milky adams apple pleased as he quickened his pace. And he lightly dragged the tip of his tongue to the back of his ear where he carefully lapped at it. He smiled as he rested his head on his shoulder when the spasms started. He enjoyed the sensations he had created in him and waited fully for them to stop before releasing his grip on him.
 
Shin smiled softly at him and brushed some golden locks out of his face to get a better look at him. After a moment of watching him he said softly. “I could never hurt you.”
 
Seiji turned his head away from him.
 
“Don't be like that. It's not like I think less of you. And I won't tell a soul.” Shin watched him for some sort of response but got none. Shin sighed and his demeanor changed. “Right, I know that look.” He said as he leaned over and kissed his jaw softly. Then leaned into him and held him a moment. As warm as he was against him it was still cold with out his arms around him holding him back. Shin got up and disappeared into his room.
 
Shin sat in his window as he was attentive to his forearm: where he sat in the bright light of the moon with a safety pin. For the most part of the night he had been rather quiet about it. But a few hours into early morning he was engrossed in his task he didn't realize he made any noise. And he wasn't sure what propelled him to do it. But he found himself engraving a strait line down his arm.
 
The moonlight glistened off the tiny streams of heated blood. And he found them enchanting as he watched them roll down his arm and hit the window sill he was sitting on. The chill in the air didn't seem to bother him as he did another slow pass over the trail he created.
 
And every time he'd start to think about what he was doing. Images of the previous days would flash in his head. And he suddenly realized he just wanted to forget about them. It seemed like this was the only way to keep them at bay. He let the tip push a little deeper as he pulled at it. A moment of control a moment of peace achieved. He knew it was wrong, but at the moment it was keeping him sane.
 
He took in the scene he'd created. Dark spots on the window sill and tortured flesh told him he was insane. And he had lost everyone who kept him in a peaceful place with his actions. He tried to imagine the sound of Seiji's flute. He used to play for him before he left and it always made him feel safe, loved. But the room was silent. He wished for Rajura, to protect him from himself. But he said he was on his own now. He wanted to just sleep. He pulled the comforter off the bed and curled up with it on the floor.
 
The next day he spent a good part of it on the floor looking at the patterns in the carpet. And when he bored of that he would examine his arm. Looking at the dried wound and once in a while pick at it. He'd watch as drops would escape like tear drops. And although his arm ached there was no motivation to get up and take care of it.
 
Although he couldn't stay in his room forever: though he tried. There came a nock at his door. Oddly it was Touma. Who insisted he come down to spar. No matter his protests the archer said he'd be waiting out side. Shin got up and took a quick shower. Put on a dark long sleeved shirt and headed on his way out there. He figured he'd let the archer kick him around a bit and he should happy again.
 
But when he outside where he was. Seiji was down there leaning over the railing of the porch talking to Touma. Shin froze a moment and knew he couldn't just let Touma kick his ass. Seiji knew him too well and wouldn't have anyone faking talent.
 
Seiji laughed at something the archer said and Shin couldn't help but watch them. Because there was that smile but it hurt knowing it wasn't for him. The blond must have felt his eyes on him and looked over at him. Shin nodded and put his hair back.
 
“So let's see if a year did you any good.” Touma said with a slight joking tone.
 
Shin didn't say anything as he waited for him to start a familiar game. And with in a few attacks Touma grabbed his bruised arm and flung him to the ground. Shin hit with a force dewinding him. His arm struck with pain and lay there a moment hissing. With a struggled effort he got himself to his feet. And again the archer found his way in finding his weak spots. This was a lot harder than he thought it was going to be. But if he didn't start defending himself properly he'd really get it.
 
This time he took a sturdier stand waiting patiently for him to come at him. And he did. Block, twist and there: Shin grabbed the archer and sent him to the ground. Touma swung his feet around his and regained his ground as Shin went stumbling from being tripped. Touma wasted no time as he went after him again. Making Shin constantly block and twist trying to escape.
In an anticipated wrong move Touma grabbed his arm again flinging him to his demise. Shin hit the ground and couldn't quite pick himself back up. He arched himself to his knees and tried to catch his breath. That's when he realized his wound had opened. He saw gravel tinged pink and red from where he was laying.
 
Touma looked at him a bit surprised. “Are you done already?”
 
Shin wiped his face and took a breath. “I said I wasn't feeling good. Fight Seiji.” Shin said pointing to the blond.
 
Touma looked at Seiji. “This was a waste of time.” Touma said disappointed. “Where's Shuu? At least I might get some effort from him.” He added.
 
“Out some where with, Ryo.” Seiji said as he turned his gaze to Shin.
 
Shin just got up and tried to ignore them. He straitened his clothes and went inside. Shin found cold water in the fridge and took a few drinks. He gave a weird look at the bottle and decided he must not be thirsty.
 
“He just wanted to spend time with you.” It was Seiji who seemed to suddenly appear making him jump.
 
“I told him I just wasn't up for it right now.” Shin reminded him.
 
“You know that's one of his favorite moves. You let him get away with it?”
 
Shin thought a moment. “Didn't feel like doing much blocking today. What does it matter anyway its something I know how to advert, just didn't.” Shin said giving him a weird look and held up the bottle of water. “Where did you get these?” Shin said as he looked over the bottle.
 
Seiji sighed. “I don't know the store. Maybe we refilled them, I don't remember. You know… I think we need to talk about the other day.”
 
Shin waved him off as he walked away to his room with a towel. He went into his room and shut the door and started to clean up his window sill with the water and towel. He felt a little hot but chalked it up to the sparring session with Touma. And then there was a click from his door. Shin looked up to Seiji standing there.