Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Madness ❯ 02 – Are You Happy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Madness:
02 - Are You Happy
 
 
It took a couple weeks for things to calm down and become partially normal. Or at least everyone seemed to do a good enough job. That it seemed like nothing really happened. All except for one and Seiji couldn't tell if he was doing things to just make him laugh. Or if he himself had a grudge of his own to settle. He didn't really mind either way. At first he thought it was his usual way, but every time he said or did something. He would either give him a wink or a slight smile. In a way it sort of felt like he was on his side.
 
This morning Seiji sat at the table trying to read his paper. He was up early and decided to try and make use of the quiet forty five minute gap before every one got up. Since he couldn't sleep anyway. Because some where during the middle of the night. Ryo and Shin decided they were no longer leaving the house to engage in their courtship. And didn't seem to care who heard them or if they needed to be awake early the next morning. Seiji tried to focus on the ink in the paper. But the previous hours still reeked in his head.
 
The first one up of course was Shin. Followed quickly by Ryo. He tried to ignore how his leader pawed at the other and how it was returned with a smile. That sweet innocently bright smile. That used to be just for him. It was almost enough to get him sick to his stomach. He used to think that was just an expression but as it turns out. It was an actual feeling. He turned his newspaper page and tried to find anything in there to help him escape the moment.
 
“Your up early, Seiji.” Ryo said as he sat down with a tall glass of orange juice.
 
“Couldn't sleep so I just got up.” He said still in his paper.
 
Ryo sat there watching him as he waited for Shin to put together breakfast. It was rather annoying. “What?” Seiji asked looking up from his attention.
 
“Nothing, you know if you really can't sleep. Those pills are still in the cabinet. You're welcome to them yet.” Ryo suggest sincerely.
 
“No, thanks.”
 
“Ryo's right you do look a bit rough around the edges.” Shin said looking him over.
 
Seiji just cleared his throat and ignored the comment.
 
“Good Morning.” Shuu said as he walked in and raided the fridge. In just a few quick moments he had packed a couple bags worth of food.
 
“What are you doing with all that food?” Ryo asked taking a drink from his glass.
 
“Oh I am heading out for a hike this morning and I am supposed to bring the food. I plan on stopping and getting something for them on my way.”
 
“How long are you going to be gone?” Shin asked looking at the bags sitting in the hallway.
 
“I don't know I was sort of thinking about spending the night. So I just want to be ready if I do.” Shuu smiled grabbing his bags. “I'll see you tonight or tomorrow.” He chimed as he only stopped long enough to grab his bags on the floor and was gone.
 
A slight chuckle came from Ryo. “Looks like one less for the table Shin.”
 
“I was looking forward to a big breakfast this morning.” Shin pouted a bit.
 
“You can still make a big breakfast. We can just put away what ever we don't finish”
 
“That's not what he meant, Ryo.” Seiji informed.
 
“Oh, well there's always tomorrow.” Ryo tried to comfort.
 
“What about tomorrow?” Touma asked as he walked into the kitchen.
 
“Just having everyone at the table for breakfast.” Shin said as he buttered some bread.
 
“Ah… “ Touma confirmed as he watched Ryo take a drink. In a one quick movement he stepped over to him and bumped the bottom of the glass up. “Tsunami!” He chuckled with a slight smile making the blond start laughing.
 
Ryo looked at the mess on the table as he wiped his mouth and neck. “Thanks Touma… “Ryo said as he examined his shirt. “Do you realize I have no other dress shirts? I have a job interview today.”
 
“Ease up, Ryo. I have some you can borrow or hey why don't you ask Seiji for one. He always has nice shirts.” Touma suggested as he leaned against the counter next to Shin.
 
Seiji couldn't stop smiling as he watched Ryo peel out of his shirt. Touma watched Shin walk around him to try to work on the counter.
 
“Do you think you have one I can borrow, Seiji?” Ryo asked. “Maybe that black satin one you got?”
 
Seiji knew the one he was talking about. It was his `special' shirt and wasn't about to loan it out for no one. “I'll see what's clean.” He said as he got up and did just that. He knew how Ryo was with clothes and really didn't want to lose his nicest shirts. He finally found one of his suit shirts. It had thin gold lines in it and was a bit classy. He brought it down to the kitchen.
 
“I am just saying Touma. You're kind of over stepping your boundary here.” He could hear Ryo say.
 
“Since when are there boundaries in this house? But alright.” Touma replied.
 
Seiji went in and handed the shirt to Ryo. ”Be careful with it.” Seiji said as lightly as he could with out losing its meaning. Ryo nodded taking it.
 
“So, Seiji, what are you doing today?” Touma asked with a slight mischievous tone to it.
 
“I don't know. I was just planning on going to bed.” He replied sincerely.
 
“I am heading out to the lake. I wanted to take a few pictures. Why don't you come with me? I promise to let you come back and get some sleep.” Touma said with an enticing smile. Shin turned around to see what his answer was.
 
“I don't know, cant you take them by yourself?” Seiji asked curious.
 
“Why do you need Seiji to go?” Shin added.
 
Touma looked at Shin and actually smirked a bit. “I suppose so, but I would enjoy having Seiji to talk to. Since I have been doing most of my projects by myself. And wasn't it you Shin that wanted him to get outside more?”
 
Shin got a concerned look on his face. “But look at him, Touma. He needs some rest.”
 
“Don't worry so much. I'll make sure he's well taken care of… “Touma assured as he walked over and shook the blonde's shoulder a bit.
 
“But… “Shin was going to add before being cut off.
 
“Relax you act like I am out to get your boyfriend or something.” Touma said standing next to Seiji.
 
Shin didn't say anything as he looked at them. Ryo was quietly fighting the buttons on the shirt.
 
“And I promise to keep him away from sharp objects. “ Touma added as a joke. “Shin… he's just going to be with me.” He tried to be sincere.
 
Shin nodded a bit and tried to smile. “Right, it's not like you're going to take advantage of him or anything.”
 
“Right.” Touma agreed and turned to Seiji. “Be ready in ten minutes… “
 
Seiji nodded with a slight smile.
 
“And wear something sexy.” Touma said as he left the room.
 
Seiji laughed a bit as he started to fold his paper back up.
 
“I wouldn't laugh Seiji. You never know when he's being serious.” Ryo said tucking in the shirt.
 
Seiji put the paper aside. “That's what's funny. Even if he's serious he knows what he can and can't get from me. Besides, what would be so wrong about entertaining his whims once in a while?”
 
“Because he'll have you on your back before the night is out and there's no guarantee he'll be there in the morning. You know him; he can be a little fickle.” Ryo said as he put his glass in the sink.
 
“I believe the decision is up to me. And maybe I don't mind that thought. And if I did, then I won't do anything. I am not broken, I am not a child and I don't need any chaperones.”
 
“Seiji we just don't want you hurt, that's all man.” Ryo said in concern.
 
“Seriously? You two can be as loud as you want all night but I can't even entertain the thought of filling the empty space in my bed? No, if I want Touma, no ones going to have a say in it but him and I.” Seiji said and left after pushing in a chair.
 
He went up to his room and grabbed a sweatshirt. Stopping a moment to brush his hair and put it back in a pony tail; letting a few strands escape to help hide his face.
 
“You look beautiful, come on.” Touma said by his door where he was watching him. Seiji smiled and nodded, following him.
 
Down at the lake Touma had managed to go every where but actually by the lake. Seiji simply followed him through the trees admiring the scenery. It had been a while since he had a nice peaceful walk and it was a beautiful day. But eventually he had to ask.
 
“Why are you taking these pictures?” Seiji asked looking around at the scenery the other was snapping pictures of.
 
Touma smiled. “To get you out of the house and have my way with you.”
 
“No, no… really what project are you working on?”
 
“Actually, I m trying to take a bunch of photos for a birthday gift. I want to sift through these and find the best one. Take it in and have an artist draw it out on canvas.”
“Really?” Seiji said thinking about it. “That's actually a really nice idea. Who's it for?”
 
“… Ryo. Since he loves nature so much. And I wanted to have plenty of time to work on it with out worry.”
 
“Ryo huh…. Yeah I think he'd like it a lot.” Seiji said finding him self looking for a place to sit down.
 
“Tired already?”
 
“Touma you've been in this area nearly an hour and half. And you've gone through three rolls of film since we got out of here.”
 
“Four… “He said snapping a picture of the blond.
 
“Please, don't do that.” Seiji said as he got comfortable.
 
Touma walked over to him and set the camera down. “How else am I supposed to get a picture of you?”
 
“I don't like pictures.”
 
Touma kneeled down next to him. “I guess, I could call one of your sisters for one.”
 
Seiji looked at him a little shocked. “You wouldn't, wait, you would wouldn't you.”
 
“I have a picture of nearly everyone important to me. All except for you. My mom doesn't believe you exist.”
 
“I don't exist?”
 
“Well, yes of course you exist. But you're just a name to her.”
 
“What's wrong with that?”
 
“Everything. I need proof. And what if some day you befall some horrible accident and die. Then all I will ever have of you is your name. I want to be able to walk past your picture every day and say hi or goodnight. I want to be able to say `Look there, he was a great guy and he was my friend.' And what if you go missing or something and we need to put your picture up some where. Do you really want the pictures your sisters have posted all over town? I don't think so. Because I have seen them. As cute as they are I don't think they will help you out socially. Everyone already thinks you're a girl half the time… “
 
“Okay - okay… “Seiji said trying to get him to shut up. “You didn't just now come up with that did you?” He added figuring out it was part of his plan.
 
“Well, no… no, I had this planned out when you were committed. I just had to wait for you to get out.”
 
Seiji blinked. “You've been thinking about my death?” He asked in shock.
 
“Ah, perhaps I ran a few scenarios through for possible future outcomes.” Touma said biting his lip slightly then added. “Death was one of them I admit. But seriously it was mostly just the loss of you not actual thought about death.”
 
“I am so sure, some horrible accident. What did you imagine? My car flying off the cliff or something.” He saw the archer about to answer him. And decided he didn't want to hear it. “Don't answer that. I don't think I want to know what you imagined.”
 
“Look, I am just happy you're back. And I want you to stay. I'll take that any way I can. If it's just a picture on my wall… then it's better than nothing.”
 
Seiji looked at him awe. “That's actually pretty cool of you to say… even though it's a bid morbid and paranoid.”
 
“Yes, but you asked.” Touma said with a smile and reached out pushing the loose strands out of Seiji's face. “I have to admit though… I haven't been a very good friend.”
 
“… What do you mean?” He asked a bit worried.
 
“I saw you falling and… I didn't do anything. I kept thinking that you would pull out of it. But I didn't stop to think about how hard it is being swallowed by darkness. Sometimes you just need help and I wasn't there… at all.”
 
Seiji sat there a moment. “I don't expect anyone to carry me through life. Touma you don't have anything to be blamed for. I don't think I would have wanted help if you tried. I still don't like the idea I was locked away. That is not a place to improve or find any peace. Out here. This is peaceful. I would have done better if I had just been left alone. And even if you didn't do anything then. Right now these past few weeks. Have helped me more than you may know. Your smile has kept me from going after Ryo. It's the one thing that's been making sense to me lately. So don't say you haven't been a good friend.”
 
Touma nodded a bit. “You do look worn out lately.” He added examining him.
 
“I'll be fine. I was thinking about going home for a while. I think I just need to get away from that house for a bit.”
 
“… I know you still really care for Shin. But to be honest Seiji. I think he's going to stay with Ryo. And I am not saying forget about him. I know for a fact you can't forget about some one who has that strong of a hold on your heart. Just maybe try moving on. Find some one else, you don't have to love them you know.”
 
“Oh, did you have some one in mind?”
 
Touma leaned back a bit. “Well even if I did I know you won't act on it. I am wasting my breath by just mentioning it.”
 
“So what made you mention it?”
 
Touma tried to keep a strait face. “Maybe I was testing the waters a bit. You know just see if one: you'd let me talk about it and two: if you might take a nomination. This is why I like talking to you. You never let me get away with anything. It's like you know how my mind works.” He smiled.
 
“I do know you usually have reasons for asking certain questions. What nomination?”
 
“… If you let me in. I promise I won't take up too much space.”
 
Seiji could tell he was sincere and wanted an honest answer. “Y-you haven't been joking around with me have you…?” He asked as he realized it making Touma shake his head a bit. He could tell it was a leap for him. “Touma, I promise that as soon as I am ready to. You'll be the only one I'll go to.”
 
“So… I can't seduce you today?” Touma asked confirming it and making Seiji shake his head. “Well, is it possible to get a kiss at least?” He added.
 
“You know, I really appreciate your honesty and actually asking my permission before acting on this. So, sure.” He replied.
 
Touma was a bit surprised and for a moment didn't move. But finally moved in slowly and let his lips meet the blonde's. A couple tastes of him and he got a little more daring. Letting the tip of his tongue skim the others bottom lip and slid his hand to the back of his neck. He could feel Seiji move forward slightly with a quiet whimper. Touma pulled him closer deepening the kiss. Trying his best to keep it under control. It seemed short lived though as Touma carefully pulled back after a bit.
 
The archer smiled slightly. “Well, I should get you back home.”
 
Seiji nodded a bit collecting him self. Touma stood up and gave him a hand. Helping him up and then grabbing his camera.
 
“Touma… “ Seiji asked.
 
“Hmm?... “ Touma said as he started to lead the way back.
 
“Could I, spend the night in your room tonight, with you?”
 
“… Sure… “
 
“I mean, innocently.” He made sure to be clear.
 
“I'll try not to nock you off the bed again.” Touma said with a smile. Seiji laughed a bit and followed him back to the house.
 
Where Shin happen to waiting for them. And he didn't say anything when he saw them return. He just simply watched them a bit and went along with his own business.
 
Touma motioned to the blonde. “Maybe you should go talk to him.”
 
“Why?” He said as he took his hair out massaging it a bit.
 
“Because you two haven't really said anything to each other since you left. That didn't have to do with that. Ryo's not even here to get in the way, go talk to him. If you need me I'll be in my room, okay… “
 
Seiji took in a sigh and nodded. “All right… “
 
Touma gave him a smile and left him.