Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Unbreak My Heart ❯ Breaking up is hard to do ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own them. I just use them. I also do not own the song Un-break My Heart sung by Toni Braxton owned by some big music company. So there no one can sue. Enjoy

Warning: This is my first song-fic ever. It is also my first angst fic that I ever wanted to complete and post. I am a big Shuu fan so you will see a lot of him in most of my upcoming Ronin Warriors fic. Plus his heart is so big that it is easy to find all sorts of ways to torture him. This fic also contains Yaoi, if you are offended by this do not read any farther. Don't likeie Don't readie.

All criticisms are welcomed good or bad. If you see something that you think needs to be changed around or serious grammar mistakes please be specific when pointing them out. Thanks and Enjoy.

Don't leave me in all this pain

Don't leave me out in the rain

Come back and bring back the smile

Come and kiss these tears away

"I'm sorry Shuu. In the long run this thing that we have would never work," Seiji stroked the cheek of his now ex-lover, " I have other responsibilities… prior commitments. I have my family to think about first."

Seiji sighed as he looked into eyes that were once warm and inviting but were now hollow and distant. Seiji whispered a goodbye and stepped around the silent figure to get into his car, never seeing the lonely tear trailing a path down soft golden cheeks where his hand was earlier.

Shuu turned quickly when heard Seiji's car pull out of the driveway. Broad shoulders trembled as anguish swept over Shuu. He could feel his heart shatter as the pain ripped through his body. The world he knew suddenly stopped and he was left empty and dead.

**************************************************************** ********

Shuu could not recall when he collapsed to the ground nor when it had begun to rain but he didn't care. He was tired and his body ached. Shuu barely registered the hands pulling him up trying to get him to move. When he was on his feet he lifted his head to sea green eyes staring worriedly back at him, but those were not the eyes he wanted to see.

The arms that held him up guided him into the house and to his bedroom. Calloused fingers brushed across his face pushing the wayward strands from his eyes. They were the fingers of a swordsman, rough but oh so delicate. He lifted his own hand to the one that rested on his cheek. Closing his eyes he pressed his face into the hand sniffling quietly. He knew the hand did not belong to Seiji but he oh so needed the comfort the hands provided.

Shuu opened his eyes trying to focus past the tears. He looked into the tiger blue orbs of his leader. The compassion was clearly written on his face as he helped Shuu out of his rain soaked clothes. Shin had already gathered a change of clothes from his dresser.

They quickly divested Shuu of his wet clothes and got him dressed in his pajamas. Shuu was almost catatonic barely even blinking. His eyes staring out into empty space as his friends settled him into bed and under the covers. Shuu's head rested in Shin's lap as the warrior of Suiko dried his unruly locks and whispered soft words of support.

The words were not heard neither did the soothing touch that stroked through his hair felt. Shuu was numb, only a cold ache registered in his body and soul.

Sea foam eyes looked into tiger blue. Worry and concern was clearly etched in their watery depths. He looked down at the once energetic warrior; shoulders trembling and eyes glazed over with unshed tears. How could Seiji do this? Why would Seiji choose to hurt Shuu like this, he had to have known how Shuu felt about him. Damn, the man sacrificed his family just to be with Seiji.

Shuu was surprised, to say the least, that his parents disapproved when he told them about his and Seiji's relationship. They had always supported him in everything he did. When he was disowned and promptly banished from his childhood home, Shuu was left in a state of shock.

Shin went with Shuu for support. Shuu's father was outraged and called him names Shin didn't know existed, but each word cut into Shuu like a dagger. He kept his head downcast in shame. Shuu's mother stared up at him her eyes filled with disappointment and grief, tears streaming down her face as she silently listened to her husband berate their oldest son. It wasn't until she turned away slowly leaving without saying a word, that Shuu raised his head tears streaming down his tanned cheeks. He knew it was the right thing to do, Shuu's family was important to him and keeping his relationship a secret from them was unbearable, but he wished that they would understand and welcome Seiji into their family because of their love for him. Sometimes wishes never come true.

Shin thought that his family was close but the Rei Fuan family had his beat. They did nearly everything together from birthdays and holidays to working the restaurants. It was mostly because of his mother that Shuu was allowed to keep his job managing one of the restaurants in the Konagawa Prefecture, but their relationship was now strained and awkward.

That hurt Shuu the most. He was always closest to his mother. At times when they were together they seem more like best friends instead of mother and son. To lose her understanding and support nearly destroyed Shuu. The loss of his family made Shuu cling more to his friends and lover.

Anger began to rage behind slanted green eyes. It was days before they could get Shuu to leave his bedroom let alone the house. He wouldn't eat or talk and barely slept. Seiji had stayed with him almost every moment of the day, even took time off from the dojo he was working at to help Shuu through his grief. At night Shin would peep into Shuu's room and watch the blond comfort his crying lover until his tears drained him to point of exhaustion and sleep. Shuu had lost so much weight during those weeks. Seiji had once told them that Shuu still sometimes cried late at night.

So how could Seiji leave Shuu the way he did. How could Seiji choose his own `familial duties' over the man who gave up everything that mattered the most to him just to be with Seiji? The only logical reason that Shin could figure was that Seiji really didn't love Shuu in the first place, but that was impossible. Seiji was too honorable to string Shuu along, knowing the man was in love with him, if he had always intended on breaking it off to follow behind his family's wishes.

A soft caress brought Shin out of his musings. He looked into his lovers eyes both grief and anger burning in the bright blue. Shin couldn't imagine ever leaving Ryo even if his family did disapprove, but they were lucky. Shin's mom and sister welcomed Ryo with open hearts as Ryo's grandparents did with him. He loved Ryo with all his heart and couldn't see his life with out the bearer of Rekka.

Ryo put a finger to Shin's lips signaling for him to remain quiet then pointed down at the sleeping figure in his lap. Shin was still absent-mindedly stroking the ash blue strands of his best friend's hair. He edged Shuu off of his legs placing his head on one of the large pillows on the bed.

Shin really didn't want to leave his friend just incase he woke during the night, but Ryo was now beckoning him from the door. He knew that their was no more that they could do for now. Shin knew that only time and the support of friends would heal Shuu's broken heart but he didn't object to an old fashion ass kicking party featuring a certain blonde he knew. It would definitely make him feel a little better.

**************************************************************** ********

The drive to Sendai was long and tiresome. Seiji hands trembled as he tried to concentrate on the road in front of him, but those eyes haunted him. It was as if the life was completely drained out of them and all that was left was an empty and hollow shell. Seiji pulled into the all too familiar driveway. He turned off the car and sat there trying to steady his nerves, pushing his bangs out of his eye with a shaky hand.

Seiji shoved the unwanted emotions down closing his eyes briefly to steady his breathing. He exited the car and grabbed his bags out of the trunk. He walked into the house quietly placing his bags in the entrance and slipping off his shoes to replace them with his house slippers. Seiji stood up gracefully, tall and erect steeling his face as he heard his father's approach.

The younger Date bowed before his father. The older man had grown accustomed to the tradition but did not see the necessity for it among family and friends. He bowed slightly then wrapped his son in a loving hug.

Seiji resembled his father but only in the looks department. They were both of equal height, both had blonde hair, Seiji's hair being longer, and gray-violet eyes, although his father's eyes were more gray than violet. The greatest difference between them was that Date san was a little more comfortable expressing his emotions than his son was.

Seiji father called to the rest of the family while grabbing one of Seiji's bags. Satsuki was the first to run out of the kitchen almost tackling her brother. Seiji dropped his bag once again swooping the youngest Date into a warm hug. She looked up at her older brother and a frown quickly creased her face but it was soon gone as she began merrily chatting about school. Seiji ignored the look hoping that what ever Satsuki saw was nothing to raise her curiosity into his private affairs.

His mother soon came into the room wiping her hands clean. She bowed before her son while Seiji did the same. She then approached pulling him into a hug and sweetly kissing his bowed head.

Seiji inquired about the where-abouts of his grandfather, the reason for his being there. Seiji had received a letter a little over a month ago from the head Date informing him it was time for him to come back home and fulfill his duties as heir to the Date name. He was given one month to settle all of his affairs in Tokyo before leaving to never return.

Seji had hopped that they would not call for him. At one point in time this was the life he had envisioned for himself but that had all change when he donned the armor of Halo. At first he didn't think that he would survive the war against Arago but when peace was obtained and his goals for life had changed. He didn't want to go back to Sendai and uphold the family name. He wanted to open his own Kendo school and live near his friends and maybe one day marry his lover, but he knew that those dreams would never come without extreme sacrifices. Sacrifices that he did not have the courage to make. Seiji was honor bound to uphold his grandfather's will with concerns to the future of their family in spite of his own wants and desires. Being the only male descendant, Seiji had no other choice in the matter.

Seiji swiftly gathered his luggage also taking the one his father still held and climbed the stairs to his old room. He said goodnight to his family explaining that the long drive left him tired and that he would speak to grandfather in the morning. Satsuki followed close behind still prattling about school and work. When they entered his room she closed the door behind her and stopped her one-sided conversation. Seiji was unnerved by the sudden silence. He placed his bags on his bed, silently putting away his clothes. Seiji glanced at his sister but hurriedly turned his head away seeing that light violet eyes had slanted and grown dark.

"Well are you going to tell me or do I have to beat it out of you."

Zani ~ Well I think we are going to end it right there.

Shuu ~ Why am I always the one to suffer ***pouts***

Zani ~ Because I like you so much and you did beg me to feature you in my stories.

Shuu ~ *** whines*** but Zaaannnnn

Zani ~ No whining or I'll let the readers decide how I should torture you

Ryo ~ Look we got mentioned in the first chapter ***smiles brightly at Zani***

Zani ~ that's because you've been a very good little muse.

Rowen ~ Hey I didn't get mentioned.

Zani ~ that's because you have been a very bad little muse. If you stop playing with yourself every once in a while and actually help out around here you might be mentioned.

Rowen ~ ***storms off muttering about pretentious writers***

Zani ~ Has anyone seen Seiji?

Shin ~ He ran off when he saw you writing notes on a piece of paper.

Zani ~ Damn him. He knows I can't write Seiji torture effectively without him here. ***mutters sneaky blonde headed bastard*** Well folks don't forget to review. Those who review get sneak peeks to upcoming chapters 1-2 days before they are posted.