Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm glad you liked it! And we're just getting started.

Kinky Usagi: Silly bunny! Inuyasha is not fighting with Kenshin. Well I made that clear in this chapter. Thanks for the compliment!

Disclaimer: Still not mine!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

When Kenshin and Sanosuke reached the source of the voice, they couldn't believe their eyes. In front of them was a man with hip length black hair. He was clothed in an old style red yukata and wore no shoes. The men hadn't seen clothing like that except in theatres and in pictures. They would have thought him an actor if it hadn't been for the stance he was in and the fire in his eyes. Both Kenshin and Sanosuke knew that stance well. This man was ready to fight. He was ready to kill. But they couldn't see how he was going to kill anything with the weapon he held.

"How does he expect to fight with a sword like that?" Kenshin shook his head at Sanosuke's question. He really had no idea. The sword the man was holding so confidently was the most battered thing they had ever seen. The blade was chipped in too many places to count, and the handle looked like it was going to fall off any moment. But that was not the most surprising part. The man, if he could even be called a man, that he was facing was a giant toad-like creature. Its skin was a sickening green color and moisture oozed from it. It took a step toward the man in red.

"I will kill you, you puny human."

"I am not a human, you youkai piece of shit!" Kenshin and Sanosuke stood and stared. What did he mean not human? And weren't youkai just legends? The man in red charged at the toad and began fighting. The toad lashed out his tongue and knocked him back. The man was relentless. He charged again and was knocked back. The toad drew his own sword.

"You will tell me where the shards are."

"I'll tell you nothing!" The man charged a third time, and the toad brought his sword down in a strike that couldn't miss. When it came in contact with his shoulder though, it snapped in half.

"My sword!"

"You can't cut through fire rat, you idiot." The man sliced at the toad with his sword and then was pushed back by its tongue. The shabby weapon flew from his hands and landed a few feet away. Kenshin and Sanosuke couldn't just stand there anymore. They gave each other knowing looks then rushed to the man's aid. But before Kenshin could draw his blade or Sanosuke could throw even one punch, a woman's voice rang out over the treetops.

"Hiraikotsu!"

Suddenly an enormous boomerang shredded its way through the forest, knocking down trees as it came toward them. It flew past and sliced the toad man cleanly in two. The man seemed to fade away into nothing but bones. The weapon then swung around and returned to its owner. It was caught by a woman in a tight black bodysuit with pink armor plating. Her hair was tied up high into a ponytail. Behind her stood a man in dark purple and black robes. He was carrying a gold staff that signified him as a monk. Next to them was a small yellow cat with big pink eyes and two tails.

"Sango, I told you to stay out of it!"

"How did I know you were going to say that?"

"Keh! Well you should learn to listen when I tell you something!"

"This just keeps getting weirder and weirder." The man in red, the armored woman, and the monk all stopped and looked directly at Sanosuke and Kenshin.

"Um, Sanosuke, I don't think that was a very smart thing to say, that I don't." They heard something that sounded almost like a low growl.

"Who the hell are you?" The sound had been coming from the man in red. He was now in a crouch looking at them as if he was going to jump and strike any second. His sword still lay on the ground near the misplaced men.

"Could they be more of Naraku's incarnations?" The monk slammed his staff down and threw some papers with sutras written on them. The metal rings on the staff jingled, and the papers stuck to Kenshin and Sanosuke. The men scratched their heads then peeled them off. Everyone but the longhaired man looked at each other confused.

"They're not demons, you idiot monk."

"How was I supposed to know that, Inuyasha?"

"You should have asked, Miroku. They're just ordinary humans."

"Inuyasha!" Someone was yelling and riding up on a pink bicycle with a small boy sporting what looked to Kenshin and Sanosuke like a fluffy tail behind her. The men couldn't tear their eyes from her. She was wearing high white socks, loafers, a sailor top with a floppy red tie, and a ridiculously short skirt that made both Kenshin and Sanosuke blush. Her hair was falling freely around her shoulders, and her face was strikingly familiar. When she pulled up Sanosuke moved ever so slightly toward her.

"Why are you here? Didn't Kenshin tell you to stay put? And what are you wearing?" The girl looked at him and cocked her head to one side.

"What are you talking about? Who are you?" Kenshin started to step closer to her and the man who had been identified as Inuyasha moved between them. He was protecting her. Why was he doing that? How did he know her? Something about her was not quite right.

"Miss Kaoru?"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay, I know that Kaoru and Kagome don't look exactly alike, but darn it, close enough. There are a lot of things about the two animes that are alike. The way Kenshin and Inuyasha sleep. Their speed. Their jumping attack. Oh no! I've said too much! Please review!