Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ Formal Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's time for another chapter!

Disclaimer: I really want to have Kenshin. I'd treat him like a real woman should. But he's not mine. Inuyasha's not either. I think the world is out to get me.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kenshin looked hard at the girl before him. He knew Kaoru better than any one else did, and this girl was most definitely not Kaoru. Her eyes weren't quite the right shade, and she was just a bit too young. As outgoing as she was, Kaoru would never wear a skirt that short. The girl was staring back at him just as intensely. She seemed to recognize something there that no one else in her group did. Inuyasha still stood between them and was obviously upset that they had not answered his question.

"I said, who the hell are you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Kenshin Himura, and this is Sanosuke Sagara." The girl's face seemed to light up. It was like something she had been searching for finally clicked in her head. She pushed a very surprised Inuyasha aside and walked right up to Kenshin. She tentatively reached her hand out and touched his left cheek. His breath caught as she gently traced the cross-shaped scar that was there.

"But you're not supposed to be alive for another three hundred and fifty years."

"What are you talking about, Kagome? Who is this guy? What the hell is going on?" Kagome ignored Inuyasha's incessant questions to continue exploring Kenshin. He was more than embarrassed as her fingers ran through his bright orange hair, under his soft violet eyes, and once again down his scar.

"How can this be?" He gently grabbed her wrist and tore her from her trance.

"Um, Miss Kagome was it? I am very sorry. I thought you were Miss Kaoru. You look surprisingly similar." Kenshin smiled, and Kagome's face turned crimson. She hadn't even realized what she was doing. She was just drawn to this man. Even the first time she saw his picture, she felt spellbound. It was like she knew his face. She had only felt that way once before, the first time she saw Inuyasha. Just like now, she had been drawn to him. But how had he gotten to the Warring States era? He was a hero of the Meiji era.

"I am Kagome Higarashi. This is Sango, the demon slayer. The monk over there is Miroku. That little ball of fluff is the kitsune, Shippo. And this angry man is Inuyasha. Inuyasha would you please calm down?"

"Why were you touching him?" Describing Inuyasha as an angry man had been an understatement. He was beyond angry. He was livid. Touching other men was not something that he liked Kagome to do.

"I have seen him before."

"Uh, Missy, you just said that Kenshin was not supposed to be alive for another three hundred and fifty years. What the heck does that mean?" Sanosuke couldn't quite understand how Kagome could say he wasn't alive yet and know him all at once.

"Kenshin was a hero in the revolution that sparked the Meiji era. He was the great Battousai the Manslayer. He won the war for the Imperialists. There was a portrait of him in my history book. I recognized the hair and the scar. Plus I know more about you, Kenshin, than I'd like because you were on my test last week." Kenshin's jaw was on the floor. He was a test question?

"But the Meiji era just started ten years ago. How can he be in history books already?"

"Um, Kagome, what's the Meiji era?"

"Trust me Sango, you don't want to have to learn about it. Sanosuke was your name right? How did you get here?"

"We fell through a well and suddenly the whole world has turned upside down." Kenshin was still staring at Kagome. How could that demon slayer not know about the times they were in? And what the heck was a demon slayer anyway? Demons were all extinct.

"Sanosuke, Kenshin, um, this is a little hard to explain." Kagome stopped for a moment to try and find the right words. She wasn't sure how to explain this to them.

"It's okay, Miss Kagome. Take your time."

"Well, this is not the Meiji era." The men looked at her as if she had just told them that she was really a monkey and had come to eat their brains.

"What?"

"This is the Warring States Era. You somehow traveled back in time through the Bone Eater's Well. I know about you from history because I am from five hundred years in the future. One hundred and fifty years in your future. My time is a democratic era. I go to school and learn about the things from the past like Kenshin." Kenshin looked at her like she was nuts.

"Oro?" He fell backwards. His brain could not process what she had just told him, so he fainted.

"Now I know I drank to much sake at that fair." Sanosuke began shaking his head, trying to wake from his dream. Just then they heard people running through the forest. Yahiko jumped to Kenshin's side and Kaoru followed soon after. She was still dripping from the earlier rain, and her pink kimono was covered in dirt.

"Oh my!" She was startled when she looked up. The girl standing in front of her was almost a mirror of herself. They seemed so alike.

"You must be the infamous Miss Kaoru. I, for one, am very pleased to meet you. Would you do me the honor of bearing my child?" She smacked the monk's face. How could he ask her such a question? Who were all these people?

"I think we should go back to Kaede's hut to treat Inuyasha and Kenshin. She will know how to fix him up." Sango grabbed the monk and began walking in the direction of the village. No one thought it wise to argue with her, and all of them followed. Kaoru stayed next to Sanosuke who was holding Kenshin the whole time. Kagome and Inuyasha brought up the rear. His anger had faded now that the other man's woman had shown up. Kagome seemed absorbed with Kaoru. She watched every step she made.

"What is it, Kagome? Is there something wrong with her?"

"No, Inuyasha. I am just amazed that I could look like Kikyo and that girl all at once. My face must be very popular." She laughed and they continued walking through the dark forest. She thought it best not to tell Inuyasha about the ball of pink light coming from Kaoru's side.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay, I will update when I get more reviews. So get to reviewing!