Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ Nervous Hearts ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay this is kind of a short chapter.

Slywolf9: Thanks for mentioning me in your story. It makes me feel special.

Yoyasha: That was without a doubt the weirdest review I've ever gotten. Thanks though! I think.

Disclaimer: I tried to get Inuyasha and Kenshin but they wouldn't trade me for my complete Excalibur comic book collection. Bastards!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Sanosuke and Sango sat alone in Kaede's hut. Yahiko was outside talking to Kenshin. Inuyasha and Miroku had gone who knows where. So they were alone. Sango was rubbing her arm where one of the possessed men's swords had cut her. She was trying not to let Sanosuke notice her sidelong glances at him.

"How bad does it hurt, Missy?" He had noticed. He had watched every move she'd made since he had taken her back to the hut. He'd watched as the old woman bandaged the wound before she left to gather herbs. He'd watched as she looked downward the whole time, more worried about her friend than her injuries. He'd even watched her shadow as she shed her kimono behind a partition and changed into her bodysuit. His eyes had never left her form.

"It's not that bad. I'm just really worried about Kagome."

"If she's anything like Kaoru, which apparently she is, she'll be fine. Kaoru would never let anyone hurt her."

"Kaoru has never been up against Naraku. He is the worst there is. I've never seen someone more evil. He has others do his dirty work. He controls my brother and makes me fight him. I have slain hundreds of demons, but even though I know he's not my brother any more, I can't kill him. I will never be able to." Sanosuke watched as her eyes welled up with tears. She was a proud woman though, and she would not allow him to see her cry again. Not a single tear ran down her cheek. Sanosuke's heart felt for her. What a horrible thing for someone to do. How could any one kill their family that they love?

"I'm sure no one holds that against you." She looked up at him and smiled slightly.

"That's the crazy thing. I have put their lives in danger more than once because of my inability to kill Kohaku. But they don't care. Even Inuyasha has never held that against me." She tossed her head then began to take in Sanosuke's body. She really liked looking at him. He was overwhelmingly strong and tall. His white jacket that left his chest bare to see, and all the bandages that kept him constantly ready to fight were attractive to say the least. His body was chiseled and the red band that held his unruly hair back made her want to run over to him and tame it herself. He was perfect. There was only one thing missing.

"Sanosuke?"

"Yeah?"

"Where is your weapon?"

"Right here." Sanosuke pounded his fists together and smiled. Sango smiled back.

"You must be very strong, but you can't fight demons without a real weapon. Like Inuyasha said, demons don't get knocked out." She did her best to mimic Inuyasha's gruff voice and angry expression when she said that. She and Sanosuke burst out in laughter. She reached to her side and pulled out a short sword.

"Here." She placed the sword in Sanosuke's hand. Her fingers lingered as his touched them. He didn't pull his hand away, but instead looked up into her eyes.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Kaoru had been frightened as she flew through the air much faster then on the trains, carried by a huge feather. She had been scared when she and Kagome were tied up and chained to a wall inside a dark spooky castle. Now she was petrified. The man standing before her had an evil energy that almost paralyzed her. She literally felt weak in his presence. The weight of it seemed to push her down. He was staring at her and Kagome holding something small and pink in his hand. It was a glass ball that was only missing a very small piece.

"Three more shards and the Shikon no Tama is complete. I know that you and Inuyasha have been searching for them. Where are they?" Kagome looked up angrily at him. She knew where the shards were. They were resting in a small glass bottle around Shippo's neck. She had given them to him to watch while she bathed.

"I don't have them." Kagome spat her words at him.

"No matter. I'm sure Inuyasha has them. When he comes to save you, I will kill him and get the shards anyway. And I know he'll come. Apparently he left two of his women alone together. That was a stupid mistake. Because of his foolishness, he can watch you die before he goes." Naraku glared at Kaoru. Kagome sighed in relief. He wouldn't kill either of them yet. She was thankful for that. That and the fact that she was the only one who could see the shards. The pink light in Kaoru's side would have been glaringly obvious otherwise.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I suggest more reviewing. Reviewing makes me happy. I write when I'm happy. *hint hint*