Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ First Attack ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everyone wondering why Kenshin turned his blade around so rapidly, I will go into it more next chapter. Sorry this took so long. It took me forever to find exactly what Kenshin's techniques were. Special thanks to http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/7050/rk/technique.html. They probably will never see this but that's where I got the information.

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

The cool wind blew hard on the travelers as they made their way through the air. Kenshin, Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippo, and Yahiko rode on the back of Hatchi. Sanosuke and Sango rode on Kirara. Upon seeing Hatchi turn into a giant yellow tube and being asked to ride on him, Sanosuke had freaked out. He would not be riding on the back of any yellow tube. He would walk or he wouldn't go. His tune had changed though, when Sango told him he could ride on the fire cat with her. He had agreed, saying he felt safer being able to hold on with his legs. This was almost true. He felt better with Sango in front of him, between his legs. He knew that Kaoru was in trouble, and he should be focused, but she was just so darn distracting. The odd little party was heading North, the direction Kagura had flown off to. As hard as he was trying, Inuyasha could barely make out a scent. All he wanted was Kagome back. She was his everything even if he didn't admit it. He feared for her safety. He would rather die than see her hurt.

"Shit!"

"What is it, Mr. Inuyasha?"

"I lost her. I can't smell the stench of Naraku anywhere."

"I think it would be best if we stop at the next clearing. It is well past time for our mid-day meal anyway." Inuyasha and Kenshin glared at the monk. That was the last thing they wanted to do. They needed to keep going. They needed to find Kagome and Kaoru before it was too late. They needed to defeat Naraku, who had stolen them. But Hatchi was not loyal to Inuyasha or Kenshin and moments later they were all on the ground. Shippo and Yahiko dug hungrily into some of the instant food that had been left behind in Kagome's pouch. The rest of them shared what little was left after that. Inuyasha and Kenshin barely talked the whole time. They were too busy staring to the North. They knew that somewhere in that direction, a vital part to lives was being held hostage. Miroku, however, had a lot to say, mostly about Naraku. He spoke of the different encounters they'd had with him, and the real evil that he was. He tried to explain about Kikyo, and why Naraku hated Inuyasha so much.

"So, you see, Naraku only exists because of Onigumo's love for Kikyo and his hate for Inuyasha." Yahiko had not missed a word during Miroku's whole spiel. This Naraku was more evil than any foe Kenshin had ever faced. No human being could be so horrible. He watched the monk as he continued talking, moving closer and closer to Sango who was showing Sanosuke how to cook Ramen. Surprisingly Inuyasha didn't seem to notice the instant noodles. He was still staring along with Kenshin toward the North. He was eating absent mindedly at best. Miroku continued his slow trek toward Sango. Yahiko gawked as his covered hand moved shamelessly to her bottom.

"PERVERT!" Sango was surprised and upset. She was upset because the monk had once again grabbed her butt. She was surprised though because Sanosuke nearly bowled her over as he lunged for Miroku. He grabbed his hand and pulled him off the ground by it and his robes.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Miroku was almost too shocked for words.

"It was innocent. I swear!"

"You call grabbing someone innocent? She didn't like it, and it would be in your best interest to not do it again."

"Sano, let go of the monk. We don't want to fight with the people who will help us to get back Miss Kaoru." Sanosuke looked at Kenshin who, after speaking with him, returned to staring and released Miroku. He landed with an unceremonious thud. He watched as the tall fighter returned to his place with Sango who was blushing furiously and had almost burnt the noodles. Miroku sighed as they looked tentatively at each other. He had always wanted Sango, and this man moved in and pulled her away right under his nose. Sanosuke took the noodles from her and she stood up. She tripped a little, and he caught her in his strong arms. She giggled, and they both blushed again. Miroku tore his eyes from the happy scene and hung his head. He'd lost. He had all the time in the world to show Sango his true feelings, and he'd spent it groping and hitting on other women. He vowed to himself that one day he would have her. Sanosuke wasn't even in the right time. When he was out of the picture, Miroku would take care of her. Until then, he would allow her to do the thing that he had always done, be with another person.

"Oh my god!" Everyone turned to look at Yahiko who was staring into the sky. He didn't say anything else. He was too busy gawking. What were all those horrible things? They looked like snakes and lions put together. Some looked even worse. The only thing that made them all the same was that they were hideous. And there were so many of them. They were coming from the West, flying faster than Yahiko thought possible. They all seemed intent on one thing, the clearing.

"Yahiko, protect Shippo!"

"I don't need protecting Inuyasha!"

"Shut up!" Inuyasha drew his sword, and it transformed into its full power. The demons came steadily closer and everyone else braced for battle as well. Sango held Hiraikotsu. Sanosuke drew the short sword. Miroku gripped his staff. Yahiko helped himself and Shippo into a small ditch and clutched on to his wooden sword. Kenshin stood next to Inuyasha, hand on the hilt of his now deadly weapon. The demons flew straight into them. No one stopped to say why they were there, if they could even speak. They just flew straight into an attack. Miroku saw Naraku's poison bees flying about and did not open his kazanna. He whipped demon wards out, frying many. He hit the rest near him with his staff. Sanosuke was slashing his sword about, cutting anything that came near. He liked fighting without weapons better, but this time Inuyasha was right, these demons didn't get knocked out. They kept coming until their heads came off. They fought until there was no more life in them. Sango was airborne on Kirara. Hiraikotsu spun around madly, slicing many demons in its pass. They were all busy fighting. Too busy to see what Shippo and Yahiko saw. Too busy to notice the two men whose women were in danger. Too busy to see the remarkable similarities between them. But Shippo and Yahiko noticed. They were lucky no demons came at them in the small trench. They would have died because they could not break their gaze from Kenshin and Inuyasha. They both moved with an incredible speed. Their swords both took out many demons at once. They were each destroying more than all the others combined. But the most amazing thing was that they were doing it the same way. Yahiko and Shippo gawked as two forms jumped into the air and came down hard on the demons.

"Tetsusaiga!"

"Hiten Mitsurugi style Tsui-sen!"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I will update again today or tomorrow. Please review!