Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Disaster? ❯ Ashley Meets Kenshin ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disaster?
A Rurouni Kenshin Self-Insertion Fic
By: Serenity-chan and Kchan

Chapter 1:
Ashley meets Kenshin

"YEAAAAAAAGH!!" screeched Ashley as she hurtled down what seemed to be a large round slide.

A tall young woman stood watching her through a huge shining door. She closed her deep magenta eyes and shook her dark green hair back. For a moment, she looked at the large staff in her hand that resembled a key and seriously considered knocking herself out with it. There was no real harm in the two girls traveling, she reasoned. But it was just the thought of what they might do when they saw their favorite anime men that gave her a migraine. Sometimes being the Keeper of Time and Space was just friggin' ANNOYING!

Ashley suddenly dropped out of the Time Tunnel and was falling through the air. After falling for a lot longer than it seemed she should, she landed. Right on top of our favorite scar-faced, red-haired, amber-eyed teenage assassin. Yeah, like that happens every day.

"Oh... my GOD..." said Ashley, looking up at him as he looked back at her in utter confusion. "It's Kenshin... but he's... GYAH! HE'S IN BATTOUSAI MODE! I'm stuck in the Revolution! This is BEFORE the whole wanderer thing!"

"What are you talking about?" asked the red-haired stranger.

"But after the Revolution, you wandered around Japan for ten years! And you met Kaoru and Sano and Yahiko and... and... and you had a reverse-blade sword and swore never to kill again but people kept trying to kill you and they all yelled 'Die Battousai' and..." babbled Ashley. "But they never could..."

Her voice trailed off as she stared in wonder at his face.

"Who ARE you, WHERE did you come from and WHAT are you TALKING ABOUT?!?!?" asked the red-haired assassin.

"Uhhhhhhhhh..." responded Ashley. "Well, my name's Ashley... And I just got thrown back in time from Macon, Georgia in 2004 to Pre-Meji era Japan, during the Bakumatsu." She said in a rush.

Kenshin looked at Ashley with a very confused look in his eyes.

"Oro?" He said.

Ashley burst into hysterical laughter when she heard Kenshin say "oro".

"Why are you laughing?" Kenshin said in a very serious voice.

"Because you said 'oro'," answered Ashley. "In your anime series you say that all of the time."

Then suddenly Ashley thought of Nicole and burst into tears. The Battousai's eyes sofetened. Even though he was Battousai the manslayer, he was still a seventeen year old kid. He was still a human with emotions. And the sight of this girl crying broke his heart in two for some reason.

"What's the matter... umm..Ashley?" he asked. "Who's Nicole?"

Ashley wiped away the tears from her brown eyes . She looked up and saw the kindness in Kenshin's eyes. She began to speak.

"Nicole is my best friend. She got thrown back in time at the same time thatI did, but she's not here," Ashley sniffled.

Ashley wailed and threw herself at Kenshin. He patted her awkwardly on the back.

"Do you know where she might have landed?" he asked.

"Well," said Ashley. "Since You're my favorite anime character and I landed with you, then she probably landed somewhere near Captain Souzou Sagara of the Sekihoutai. Do you know him?" she asked hopefully.

Kenshin stared at her. It would take a day and a half to walk to the Sekihoutai camp. His superiors would wonder where he was if he was gone for that long. But he couldn't just leave her here.

"Yes I know of him," Kenshin said, the sternness coming back into his voice. "The Sekihoutai are stationed quite a ways from here. However I will take you there. I cannot leave a young girl from this place called Georgia walk about revoulutionary Japan alone. Especially here in Kyoto, the heart of the revoulution."

Then in a very un-Battousai-like thing to do, Kenshin gave Ashley a half smile and helped her up. Could it be that this girl was melting the Battousai's heart?