Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Visit to Kyoto:Kenji's understanding ❯ A Trip ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Trip

"I still say that trains are dangerous. How can something this big run on steam alone?" Sano grumbled.
as they were riding the train to Kyoto.

"Aw shut up chickenhead. You do this every time we get on a train." Said Yahiko.

"Kid you just don't know the dangers of the world, okay." Said Sano.

"Sano, I'm not a kid any more,I'm 25 years old." Whined Yahiko.

Kenshin laughed as he watched his two friends argue. He remebered the first time Kaoru
had taken them on a train trip to Yokohama 15 years ago. Sano had said the same thing then. Kenshin sighed to himself.
He really liked going to Kyoto to visit his friends, but the city also held many bad memories for him. From both the revolution and from hid fight with Shishio.
But he tried to focus on seeing his friends. But sometimes he couldn't stop the memories from flooding into his mind. He really preferred it when his friends came to Tokyo, but Kenji had wanted to come to Kyoto,
So everyone had agreed. Kenji had always loved Kyoto. Kenshin looked over at his son who seemed deep in thought. Kenshin trusted his son, but he was beggining to think that he was up to something. Maybe Kenji would tell him what was on his mind. He usually did.
Kaoru then looked over at her husband and son, tired of lisitening to Sano and Yahiko argue. She marveled for a moment how alike they were. Then she noticed that they were both staring into space.

"Hey, are you two alive over there?" She asked with a laugh.

They both jerked their red heads up.

"Oh sorry mom, I was just thinking." Said Kenji.

He smiled at his mother. She was always worrying about him. Kenshin smiled at his beloved Kaoru.

"Sorry Kaoru, koiishi. I just had a thought." He said.

Kaoru just shook her head at the pair of them and laughed, with a sparkle in her blue eyes.

"You two can be so strange sometimes." She said.

"You got that right." Sano interjected. "Anyway, I thought you knuckleheads might wanna know that we're almost there.
So get ready to get off this darn thing. Aoshi and Misao will be waiting for us."